He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:36 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 1424, Matias wrote:you can chalk that up to amazing scum play

I'll go with this option.

I'm actually being serious when I say the more you're talking about it, the more convinced I am that he did a great job. That's not even just knee jerk reaction to someone who's obviously just pissed at the loss, but it's in recognition of just how hard he had it and then turned it around for a usurper victory.

Maybe town "should" have lynched him. I don't know. But the fact they should have but didn't, only gives me more belief that he played it well.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Matias »

In post 1418, Mr. Flay wrote:Let the judges fight it out.

and I'll do this then

I have confidence warrior won't receive this award this over reck or mith (who actually took time, risk AND constant manipulation over letting the town implode; in reck's case, it was over the course of several months, and shutting down the only person who had an inkling of suspicion on him).

he did good letting town implode on themselves. he didn't manipulate a single person.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Matias »

In post 1425, zoraster wrote:
I'm actually being serious when I say the more you're talking about it, the more convinced I am that he did a great job. That's not even just knee jerk reaction to someone who's obviously just pissed at the loss, but it's in recognition of just how hard he had it and then turned it around for a usurper victory.

Maybe town "should" have lynched him. I don't know. But the fact they should have but didn't, only gives me more belief that he played it well.

then I'm glad you aren't being absolutely influenced by the situation or anything and are instead reading the game and analyzing whether he really deserves it or not

(not to be a dick or anything but that really does call for sarcasm. the amount of sarcasm I exude is proportionate to the amount my head hurts.)

nothing he had was "hard". it fell into his lap, if you were paying attention to the game. vifam GAVE it to him.

if you (or anyone else) would like to, I can bring up specific post examples and then we can have a real discussion on this. I should point you to isa's #1322, who starts the thought process of "if one is scum, then the other is town" with a vifam vs. warriormode mentality. if you assume that warriormode would be confirmed town if vifam flipped scum (which he did), then why did he live longer than other players who weren't "confirmed town"?

that's simple nightkill analysis that, in a site meta that was still observed months ago, would have saved a game. since town had failed to implement this very simple skill, it cost them the game. Had this gambit been done later (like in the last 1-2 days), I would support this nomination. how do you feel about this?
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 1426, Matias wrote:I have confidence warrior won't receive this award this over reck or mith (who actually took time, risk AND constant manipulation over letting the town implode; in reck's case, it was over the course of several months, and shutting down the only person who had an inkling of suspicion on him).

i like that faraday guy too he's like awesome and stuff
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Matias »

I would support yours over warriors too. I'm just giving prime examples.
My GTKAS
My old account
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Johhog »

Fifth Warriormode

He DID play amazingly in my opinion. He killed the more null townies instead of the most townie looking to avoid scrutiny which was a smart move. He didn't even kill near-confirmed townie hiplop until the last night so it would appear somewhat OK that he still was alive. Btw his play was awesome all the way too, just read the game.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 1429, Matias wrote:I would support yours over warriors too. I'm just giving prime examples.

i was joking. (though i think my body of work is as good as anyone's tbh hi judges xx)

i skimmed some of the game and thought he played well btw, would need to read closer to see if it was scummy worthy
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Matias »

I'm not doubting he played well, I'm doubting he played amazing enough to make everyone shit their pants and throw all of their praise at him when other players deserve that honor for more carefully constructed play.
My GTKAS
My old account
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Isa »

Matias, don't give yourself too much credit for the diddin lynch...you certainly weren't the one to get it going. >_>

I was town in that game, and I believe that the Scummy nomination should be shared between Vifam and warriormode. What happened was the following:
Day 2: diddin, scum, is lynched. Nothing special, first scum lynch.
Day 3: Vifam claims delayed Counter-Attacker (anyone targeting him with a non-killing ability dies the following night), and says that warriormode was caught that way. Huge debate between Vifam and warriormode ensues. People ask warriormode to claim, he doesn't. Someone else is lynched.
Day 4: Warriormode didn't die. Vifam is speedlynched and flips delayed Counter-Attacker, as he claimed.
Day 5: Sunset, scumpartner, is lynched.
Day 6: David Xanatos, scumpartner, is lynched.
Day 7-9: Warriormode survives and wins in LyLo.

That's five days that he lived through since he got cleared.

Town didn't play very well during day 7-9, but you can't complain about our playing day 4-6, Matias. We lynched scum three straight days, just not warriormode.

However, it's clear that Vifam was the one causing warriormode's success, and therefore, I think it's better to nominate them both rather than just warriormode.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Matias »

look at that, someone else who was playing in the game knows what they're fucking talking about.

I disagree that they both should be nominated, but at least someone recognizes that WM isn't some fucking prodigy

also, Isa, I was talking about when the diddin wagon was dying, after the daykill (when people thought " oh, daykills CERTAINLY CAN'T mean scum, because scum daykiller? LULZ")
My GTKAS
My old account
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1419, Killjoy wrote:
In post 1408, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1407, zoraster wrote:Have we had a most cunning manipulation or best scum team nomination in the past 4 months where it wasn't immediately followed by someone bitching about how it wasn't the scum's good play, it was town's bad play?

It makes me want to knee jerk second the nomination despite not having any idea about it.

Hey! That sounds like that topic we recently discussed on the radio show!

4shared shits on my laptop for no explainable reason. :( I know I sound needy, but there is absolutely no feasible way to upload to YouTube?

Can you get to 4shared and download them? They're quite a pain in the ass to go through and reupload to YouTube. Try actually tuning in on Friday nights :P
green shirt thursdays
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1432, Matias wrote:I'm not doubting he played well, I'm doubting he played amazing enough to make everyone shit their pants and throw all of their praise at him when other players deserve that honor for more carefully constructed play.

Leave it for the damn judges to decide. Quit striving to re-earn your title.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1407, zoraster wrote:Have we had a most cunning manipulation or best scum team nomination in the past 4 months where it wasn't immediately followed by someone bitching about how it wasn't the scum's good play, it was town's bad play?
Faraday's nomination for MetaMafia had people talking about bad Town play and good scum play at the same time... :D
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Parama »

And bad scum play like mine too? :V
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1438, Parama wrote:And bad scum play like mine too? :V
Usually bad scum play talk is immediately followed by worse Town play discussion. Still, you held on until the last Day holding Faraday's hands and singing "we're all gonna die".

...at least that's how I remember it. If it's inaccurate, don't tell me.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Parama »

I did nothing all game, claimed SK as mafia after already being confirmed scum, and danced about 50 irish jigs with Farady, after which a vig shot a townie.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Matias is being old DH. Ignore him.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

plenty of townies played well that game, look at how many of them tried to lynch quadz! (my body of work is pro btw)
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Kise »

Meh.. I knew mith was scum; just was in the other game.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 1442, Eddard Stark wrote:plenty of townies played well that game, look at how many of them tried to lynch quadz! (my body of work is pro btw)

+ best use of barbie girl in a mafia game. (prove me wrong!) (though it does mean being scum in the future means i actually have to idk? work hard? lol as if)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:43 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 1424, Matias wrote:so, whatever. my point is, just because it's an "lolusurper win" doesn't mean he played amazingly.

town made a huge oversight. warriormode looked obvious or confirmed town, yes. HOWEVER, he lived until 3 man lylo and they STILL didn't see anything -wrong- with that.

you can chalk that up to amazing scum play if you want or realize that town fucked things up majorly. as I said in the thread, had I not actually convinced them that diddin was scum before I was nightkilled, warriormode probably wouldn't have even GOTTEN the usurper win since I doubt they would have factored in diddin's "obvtownness" in with the nightkill choices. warriormode sailed by and not a single townie questioned why he was living day by day when people like WLC, hiplop, manho and chkflip were dying. that's 4 nightkills after warriormode SHOULD have died (i.e: his faceoff with vifam).

Oh and the ONLY reason that he looked obvtown is because he played off of vifam's claim again him. it -fell into- his lap. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. if it was not intentional, then vifam is a derp and warrior did nothing. if it was intentional, you guys should be praising vifam, which you are failing to do.

you're so bitter and wrong its not even funny. I WAS ACTUALLY CONFIRMED TOWN, thats why he lived. Players before that were big threats, warrior was v/la for a while.
WLC was confirmed town, too. It made sense, much more obvtown than warriormode was.

vifam played really badly though (no offense), we tried to lynch him like 5 times until warrior essentially sealed the coffin. He tried a gambit, but warriormode is what made it believable :\ Vifam was obvscum to pretty much everyone, but someone scummier showed up just at the end (ie diddin) who mathias is taking way too much credit for, also.

6th warriormode
, dude played a great game
third best scummer of all time
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:01 am

Post by callforjudgement »

I've read through that game, and would rather like to see the scum QT. Vifam was caught, but being caught in a way that helps out your team's chances is still good play as scum. (Perhaps if the town missed that scum can deliberately 1v1 each other, it's because scum rarely do that, and so doing so would be a powerful anti-metagame tactic.)

I'm personally happy with warriormode's nomination; and I think Vifam's play is worth looking at too, but I don't know whether it was a carefully planned gambit or just panic that turned out well. (Bowser's post seems to imply it was the former, and he's seen the scum QT; but it isn't public.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Matias »

In post 1445, hiplop wrote:
In post 1424, Matias wrote:so, whatever. my point is, just because it's an "lolusurper win" doesn't mean he played amazingly.

town made a huge oversight. warriormode looked obvious or confirmed town, yes. HOWEVER, he lived until 3 man lylo and they STILL didn't see anything -wrong- with that.

you can chalk that up to amazing scum play if you want or realize that town fucked things up majorly. as I said in the thread, had I not actually convinced them that diddin was scum before I was nightkilled, warriormode probably wouldn't have even GOTTEN the usurper win since I doubt they would have factored in diddin's "obvtownness" in with the nightkill choices. warriormode sailed by and not a single townie questioned why he was living day by day when people like WLC, hiplop, manho and chkflip were dying. that's 4 nightkills after warriormode SHOULD have died (i.e: his faceoff with vifam).

Oh and the ONLY reason that he looked obvtown is because he played off of vifam's claim again him. it -fell into- his lap. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. if it was not intentional, then vifam is a derp and warrior did nothing. if it was intentional, you guys should be praising vifam, which you are failing to do.

you're so bitter and wrong its not even funny. I WAS ACTUALLY CONFIRMED TOWN, thats why he lived. Players before that were big threats, warrior was v/la for a while.
WLC was confirmed town, too. It made sense, much more obvtown than warriormode was.

vifam played really badly though (no offense), we tried to lynch him like 5 times until warrior essentially sealed the coffin. He tried a gambit, but warriormode is what made it believable :\ Vifam was obvscum to pretty much everyone, but someone scummier showed up just at the end (ie diddin) who mathias is taking way too much credit for, also.

6th warriormode
, dude played a great game

you weren't confirmable just like wm or diddin weren't confirmable, so that's that. the fact that you said vifam played "really badly" supports the fact that you shouldn't really be saying much about this

all of these nominations aren't going to mean anything, so whatever. judges will know what's up. just saying that I'm not bitter about the loss, I'm just bewildered that the nom has so much support

also, you can spout bullshit about how I'm taking "way too much credit" for the diddin lynch, but you guys would not have lynched him if he had lived past that day phase. don't tell me that you would have. it was a side point that I used to support my main point.

maybe next year I'll have a scumbuddy fake a cop guilty on me, then I'll lynch him and get the don corleone for next year, since the meta on the site for "good play" apparently includes having your scumbuddy do all of the work and then sitting there picking my nose through 5 nights where I should be nightkilled
Last edited by Matias on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My GTKAS
My old account
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by CSL »

I posted the scum QT in the gamethread, if you all want to continue fighting about it.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Matias »

In post 1448, CSL wrote:I posted the scum QT in the gamethread, if you all want to continue fighting about it.

Warriormode in the QT:

"As for me- I feel like people think I'm town now that vifam's gone but there's that question of "how am he still alive" sitting in people's head. People will expect a PR claim from me come mass claim time and I won't be able to match that.
Also if the stork gets to me I'm fucked. I have to be a baby which doesn't match my fake claim."

yeah, i wondered the same fucking thing
My GTKAS
My old account

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”