, Johnny Appleseed (Folk hero), Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 4

ooba
Rep. SGRaaize
, Mama-Ji (Old God), Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 4

MagnaofIllusion
Rep. Tasky
, Mr. Ibis (God of Cappuccino Makers), Mafia Roleblocker, Sacrificed Day 5

Locke Lamora, An Ifrit (God of Twitter), Mafia Godfather, Lynched Day 5

Apokalyptika, Zorya Polunochnaya (Old God), Watcher, Lynched Day 2, Resurrected Day 4, Killed Night 5

Llamafluff, Jesse James (God of Cell Phones), Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 6

Fate, Bielebog (Old God), Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 2, Resurrected Day 6, Killed Night 6

OhGodMyLife, A Leprechaun (Spirit of the Old World), Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 7

LynchMePls
Rep. werewolf555
, A Kobold (Spirit of the Old World), Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 7

farside22, Mr. Jacquel (Old God), Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 8

A Gaggle of Geese
(Faraday / chesskid3 hydra)
, Low-Key Lyesmith (Old God), Vanilla Townie, Endgamed and lost

WrathChild, Easter (Goddess of Reality Television), Mafia Ninja, Survived and WON THE GAME

Relevant Links:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Last edited by Jahudo on Sun May 15, 2011 6:33 am, edited 33 times in total.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Jahudo »

The Rules:
(It's easy, there's a trick to it, you do it or you die.)

(Etiquette) This is a game so have fun and play to win. Don't let things get personal and try to watch the language.

(Voting) During Day you may vote for the player you want to lynch. Votes should be in the form
Vote: Player
. Unvoting is not required to switch your vote. Misspelling or abbreviating a player's name will still count as a vote. Voting from an alternate account will not count.

(Lynching) Whenever a player has a majority in votes that player will be lynched, his or her role will be revealed, and Night will begin. You may also decide to
Vote: No Lynch
and a majority of No Lynch votes will end the Day without a death.

(Deadlines) Each Day will have a strict 17 day deadline. If no one has reached a majority at the deadline, there will be no lynch.

(Twilight) After a hammer or deadline has passed you may talk as long as the thread is open but no further votes will be counted. Power roles and night talkers can start doing their thing at twilight.

(Night) During Night, players with role abilities may PM their night choices to the mod. Choices are due by the posted deadline (typically 72 hours), but the next game day may start earlier if all choices are sent in early.

(No post editing) Don't edit/delete posts after you've submitted them. You will be modkilled if you are caught doing so. Use the "Preview" button to look over your post before you submit it. Ask me if you want a broken quote fixed or a double post removed.

(No PM quoting) Don't directly quote a PM (real or fake) from the Moderator. You will be mod killed if you do. Summarizing a role claim is fine. PM me if you are unsure what you can say.

(Outside talk) Read your Role PM to know if you are allowed to talk outside the game thread with anyone, and when you are allowed to talk. If it doesn't say anything about talking with players outside this thread, then you are not allowed to do it.

(Bah post) If you are killed, you are allowed 1 unrevealing "bah" post the next day. After that, you may not talk until the game is over or you are resurrected.

(Prodding) I will prod players that have not posted after 48 hours if they have not supplied a V/LA excuse for being away. You may also request a prod on a player after 48 hours if you think I missed them. If a prodded player does not open the prod PM within an additional 72 hours he or she may be replaced. Until a replacement is found the player facing replacement can return to playing the game. Saturday + Sunday counts as 24 hours for prodding purposes.

(V/LA) If you expect to be unable to post in the game for 48+ hours, please send me a PM or state your V/LA in thread.

(Questions) If you have any question, complaint, or comment, post in bold or PM me.

Special Theme Game Mechanic: Sacrificing

In addition to lynching a player during the day, players may vote to sacrifice an additional player in order to resurrect a dead player.
• The entire town must first make a majority vote on who to resurrect, then a majority vote on who to sacrifice before they hammer their regular lynch choice.
• The resurrection will occur at the start of the next day, so sacrificed players will not count towards win condition terms, and they may not be valid targets the night before they are resurrected.
• A sacrifice may not be done if the town decides to “No Lynch”.
• A sacrificed player may not be resurrected.
• A player may only be resurrected once.
• The town is allowed to use this game mechanic 2 times. They may not use this power on Day 1.

Use the keywords
Resurrect: Player X
and
Sacrifice: Player Y
for this mechanic. Unvotes not needed.

The mechanic has been used up.

Special Theme Game Mechanic: Going Backstage

During the day players may vote up to 3 people (including themselves) to join a temporary masonry that talks in a QT for that night only.
The top 4 players will be elected into this alliance. If there’s a tie for the last spot, one player in that tie will be chosen by random.org quarter toss.

Use the keyword
Elect: Player X, Player Y, Player Z
for this mechanic. You can use
Unelect: Player X
to partially change your choice.

The mechanic has been used up.

Sample Role PM:
You are “Daniel Boone (Folk hero)”, Vanilla Townie.
All you have are your wits and your vote. Use them well.

You win with the town, when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Last edited by Jahudo on Fri May 13, 2011 5:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Jahudo »

This country started going to hell when they stopped hanging folks. No gallows dirt. No gallows deals.

E
ver since man first walked this Earth he has taken the Gods with him. Man has looked to Gods for many things: protection, understanding, power. But the Gods have looked to Man as well. They seek out his devotion. They live for it. Without devotion, they would simply fade away.

Ancient Egypt had its fair share of Gods, as did the Old World civilizations of Europe and Asia. In time their followers came to the New World, to America, and the Gods followed them. But America is no land for Gods. Maybe its in the soil, or the air. Or maybe its the American Spirit. That drive to build and innovate and immerse oneself in the future. A future where people devote hours each day to Television, Smart Phones, and Online Forum-Based Games of Mafia.

Could these be the New Gods? The American Gods? If such a thing existed, what would they think of the Old Gods, struggling to find a home in an ever-changing world? And what would the Old Gods do to the ones that took away their devotion?

It is now Day 1. Today's deadline is set for March 19 at 6:00 PM EST.

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:10 am

Post by WrathChild »

First Post!
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

vote:WraithChild
for forgetting to random vote.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Seacore »

vote:farside22
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:22 am

Post by A Gaggle of Geese »

Greetings. This is a hydra of Chesskid and Faraday. We speak with one voice, and as such will not be signing our posts.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Vote: AGar

Except you.
A Gaggle of Geese < A Dance with Dragons.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:24 am

Post by WrathChild »

animorpherv1 wrote:
vote:WraithChild
for forgetting to random vote.
OMGUS VOTE: Ani
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

VOTE: Ghostlin
In a game with him currently.
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by AGar »

VOTE: Ythill

I'd rather not chance you being an SK again.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Ythill »

Yeah, because clearly I'm counting on shotty to replace in and self-hammer in endgame. :roll:

I see a fair number of unfamiliar faces in the player list. That's what I get for inning based on flavor. Nexus, Tasky, Ghost, SGR, Saint, Apoc, Wrath: what is your level of experience?

I'm loving the sacrifice mechanic. If you fuckers don't revive me before LYLO I will design a bastard invitational for the sole purpose of modkilling you... or something. Also, please save one sacrifice for just before LYLO to improve PoE (like a nolynch at MYLO, only better). Going Backstage is kinda meh, but I've got a couple ideas for how we might make the best of it. It's also a way to mark top townreads.

Elect: Ythill, Llama, Seacore
(honorary only)

I don't random vote but since Wrath has already managed to drop a scumtell...
VOTE: WrathChild
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by farside22 »

vote: werewolf555

To save myself from his play.

Hello to you too Seacore. Did you miss me?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote ani

policy

Elect LlamaFluff, Ythill, OGML

Inverse policy.

There is no real point to get into resurect at this point since no one is dead. For the backstage thing, its imperative to elect people who know what they are doing at this point. This means not anyone from the VI group.

Also im V/LA from the 5th to 9th. Zero chance of getting a post in until late wednesday
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm going to go on the safe side and assume Saint is Furc using the account as an alt.

Thoughts on keeping Furc long enough for a policy-rez?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

Llama: Although I agree with the no VI with the masonary ability, don't you think it's too early to determine who you want to talk with at night?
Don't you think it should be 2 people that the majority find town and 1 player the majority find scum (that is not lynched) to grill the scum at night in the QT and see how they react?
Either that or you vote 2 people you believe are town, to talk about what happened during the day and discuss those that looked scummy and why. (This way it's not everyone throwing around their 2 cents and can be a more civil conversation).
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

farside22 wrote:Llama: Although I agree with the no VI with the masonary ability, don't you think it's too early to determine who you want to talk with at night?
I know of at least three people that I would hate to be in a topic with unless I was sure they were town, and even then I dont think they would be too useful in a topic, since obv-town and not-VI dont always apply. Right now I know more about who I dont want to talk with at night, and who I would like to speak with if I had no info. My votes may change, but I would be more then happy with the people I voted.
Don't you think it should be 2 people that the majority find town and 1 player the majority find scum (that is not lynched) to grill the scum at night in the QT and see how they react?
I think the best use of the topic is to just bounce ideas off people that you think are town and be able to develop a theory between people that everyone thinks is town, that is guarenteed to be presented the next day. I would rather be in a topic with two people I thought were obviously town then one town and one scum.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Seacore »

elect Ythill, Seacore, Locke
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Gaggle: I know Faraday has been a hydra before. Chesskid have you done hydra before?
Faraday head is there a reason you want to speak as one or was that Chesskid's idea?

Mod: Is there a majority reach for the elect or does it become the 3 most votes at the end of the day?
If there is a majority can I elect 2 people instead of 3?
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:59 pm

farside22 wrote:@Gaggle: I know Faraday has been a hydra before. Chesskid have you done hydra before?
Faraday head is there a reason you want to speak as one or was that Chesskid's idea?
chesskid hasn't hydra'd on MS to my knowledge. And no, it was my idea when I proposed we hydra, the main reason for the hydra was that our reads mesh well when we are both town in a game, and I don't think I've ever signed my posts as part of a hydra anyway, this is just taking this forward a step. Is there any reason you ask apart from mere curiosity?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:
farside22 wrote:@Gaggle: I know Faraday has been a hydra before. Chesskid have you done hydra before?
chesskid hasn't hydra'd on MS to my knowledge. And no, it was my idea when I proposed we hydra, the main reason for the hydra was that our reads mesh well when we are both town in a game, and I don't think I've ever signed my posts as part of a hydra anyway, this is just taking this forward a step. Is there any reason you ask apart from mere curiosity?
Well another ongoing game, you don't sign your name but it's clear your speaking as yourself as you mention the other person you Hydra with. I was curious why you want to speak as one in this game. Just something I ponder when I see something different in another game.
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:09 pm

farside22 wrote: Well another ongoing game, you don't sign your name but it's clear your speaking as yourself as you mention the other person you Hydra with. I was curious why you want to speak as one in this game. Just something I ponder when I see something different in another game.
I just wanted to try somethin different mostly, I tried it before [account frayed] and it didn't work as we had 3 people so I'm hoping for more success here.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Jahudo »

“Call no man happy until he is dead.” – Herodotus

Lynch Vote Count

WrathChild (2) - animorpherv1, Ythill
Animorpherv1 (2) – WrathChild, Llamafluff
Farside22 (1) – Seacore
Agar (1) - A Gaggle of Geese
Ghostlin (1) - werewolf555
Ythill (1) – Agar
werewolf555 (1) - farside22

Not Voting (9):
, Nexus, vezokpiraka, Tasky, OhGodMyLife, Ghostlin, SGRaaize, Saint, Apokalyptika, Locke Lamora

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch.

--------------

Backstage Vote Count

Ythill (3) – Ythill, Llamafluff, Seacore
Llamafluff (2) – Ythill, Llamafluff
Seacore (2) – Ythill, Seacore
OhGodMyLife (1) - Llamafluff
Locke Lamore (1) - Seacore

Not Voting (45):
A Gaggle of Geese x3, Nexus x3, vezokpiraka x3, werewolf555 3x, Tasky x3, OhGodMyLife x3, Ghostlin x3, SGRaaize x3, Saint x3, Apokalyptika x3, animorpherv1 x3, Agar x3, WrathChild x3, farside22 x3, Locke Lamora x3

Top Four Players Go Backstage

Today's deadline is March 19 at 6:00 PM EST

@farside22: The top 4 players at the end of the day go backstage. There is no majority or minority requirement.
You may vote for less than 3 people if you wish, but 4 will always be elected.
Last edited by Jahudo on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ythill wrote:Yeah, because clearly I'm counting on shotty to replace in and self-hammer in endgame. :roll:

I see a fair number of unfamiliar faces in the player list. That's what I get for inning based on flavor. Nexus, Tasky, Ghost, SGR, Saint, Apoc, Wrath: what is your level of experience?

I'm loving the sacrifice mechanic. If you fuckers don't revive me before LYLO I will design a bastard invitational for the sole purpose of modkilling you... or something. Also, please save one sacrifice for just before LYLO to improve PoE (like a nolynch at MYLO, only better). Going Backstage is kinda meh, but I've got a couple ideas for how we might make the best of it. It's also a way to mark top townreads.

Elect: Ythill, Llama, Seacore
(honorary only)

I don't random vote but since Wrath has already managed to drop a scumtell...
VOTE: WrathChild
Ythill:

Completed games:

Newbie 1042, 1024 (Town in both, lost both. 1042: Lynched Day 1, 1024: replaced in Day 3, Endgamed)
No Exit Mini Theme (Town, won, was there until endgame.)

Dead:

Newbie 1046 (NK Day 2; Doctor)

Currently Playing in:

Literally anything UPick Mini Theme (in Day 2)
Ozzy and Millie Mafia Mini Theme (Night 4)
A Sea of Swords Large Theme, (replaced in Day 1, now in Day 2)
Newbie 1072, as SE.
This game.

I have run and played Mafia on other boards, but that was years ago. I don't think of myself as tremendously experienced or anything, but this isn't my first game, and I like to think I learn quick.

Does that help?

Anyhow, onto random/not so random vote:
Vote: Werewolf
, you coasted along with one liners and being not so active, which wasn't helpful in our other game. I'm not a huge fan of policy lynch, but until a more serious lynch comes along, that vote will do.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by WrathChild »

@Ythill:
I've only played in one game on this forum (Cyclic Experiment) and survived to the end and got a town win. However, I play a lot of mafia on another forum and have at least two dozen games under my belt there. However, my first game here was very enlightening and opened my eyes to the fact that this group is much more advanced than where I came from and I'm absorbing all of it with great enthusiasm. That being said, I'm still learning the meta here. For example, I'm still not used to the fact that the lack of a Random Vote in the RVS is seen as scummy.

I just want to add that I'm primarily a 9-5 PST poster on the weekdays and mostly offline on the weekends.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Ythill »

VCA is going to be epic in this game.

@Llama:
Re: Sacrifice mum... fair enough but I think you're ignoring the relevance to our lynch choice. Cardflips are like cop investigations until we use up our Sacrifices. I think the advantage to be gained here is in weighting play toward the mid-game and I'd rather not count on NKs to set up our Resurrection pool.

@Far:
The best way to exploit Backstage is for everyone to elect our strongest townreads on D1. Such play raises the word count (aka slip potential) for anyone who has managed to stay in good graces as scum. It maximizes the chance for a majority-town Backstage that can use the information bottleneck for hunting, and forces people to take explicit town-hunting stances during the day. Why does it sound like you want to proxy responsibility to the majority?

@Ghost:
That's more than sufficient, thanks. I think that this game is a bad place for policy lynches. We'll have two chances to trade policy lynch candidates for competent confirmed town down the road.

@Wrath:
Thanks for your answer, and for confirming that you are scum. Hint: my read has nothing to do with your failure to RV.

Can we get some more votes over here please?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”