A Gentleman's Game of Guile, Subterfuge, and Intrigue (Fin)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

A Gentleman's Game of Guile, Subterfuge, and Intrigue (Fin)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Wraith »

INTRODUCTION

Greetings, my fellow chaps of good breeding and social stature, and welcome to the Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen's Thirty-Sixth Annual Gentlemen's Gathering! Help yourself to a vast and varied selection of exotic foods from both the Orient and across the Channel - seek the buffet and you shall find it! Please enjoy our professional and entertaining string ensemble while you converse with your peers - they will be playing the latest arrangements from such illustrious composers as Brahms and Tchaikovsky. Oh, and don't forget: outside we will be holding matches of croquet and polo. Tea will be served, to order, upon request, and-

Oh dear, what's this? I say...I have just received some grave news. Our benefactor has been found dead, victim of murder most foul. It appears that out of our thirteen most distinguished guests, several are imposters! Rapscallions and rogues have assumed the identities of many of our fair colleagues, seeking to scheme and carry out our gruesome and ghastly murders! Nevertheless, keep calm and carry on - we must root out these villains and carry out the proper means of disposing of them: a firing squad. I see that you have all retained your ceremonial firearms; it is time to put them to use.

Wraith, Gentlemen of the Highest Caliber, Fashionably Murdered Night 0

A Code of Most Just and Absolute Laws

1. Votes must be bolded in this format:
Vote: Wraith

2. Days will have a deadline of three weeks. Deadline can be extended under special circumstances
3. Mafia may not daytalk
4. Do not under any circumstances communicate with another player(s) outside the game thread.
5. Please do not quote the role PM
6. Absolutely no invisible, small, or otherwise unreadable text. Spoiler tags are allowed as long as the nature of their contents are clearly labeled.
7. You will be prodded after failing to post in 72 hours. If you require a third prod at any point in the game you will instead be replaced. Inform in-thread of any upcoming V/LA in bold
8. “Bah” posts are allowed, and should not include any kind of game-related information. However, lynched players may continue to talk during Twlight.
9. Twilight occurs after the hammer and before the lynch scene. You may continue to talk but any new votes/unvotes will not be counted.
-----9a. "No Lynch" occurs when HALF of the living players vote for it.
BLUE
is my color, don’t use it.
11. I modkill at my discretion, with or without warnings depending on the offense. If you think something will test my rules (or patience), ask me first, or don’t do it at all. Modkills will end the day and turn the killed player into a Neutral Survivor.
12. If I make a mistake in some way, point it out via:
@mod: You made a mistake

13. I reserve the right to add to or change the rules at my discretion. There are no loopholes, and I enforce ex post facto.
14. Blue will be my color in all mod posts after rules. Do not use it.
15. Don't be afraid to have fun. Despite the wording of these rules I am not a ruthless dictator and the vast majority of players are not trolls. Good luck!
-----15a. To be more specific: Please Be Civil
16. On Activity Requirements and Replacements: Players will be prodded upon request or if they go 48 hours without any sort of activity. A player will receive two prods before being force-replaced. Replacements will be recruited via the mini theme queue topic or if a player contacts me via PM and requests to be the first priority for replacing someone.
17. I will respond to any and all questions directed toward me in normal English. If you have any questions, especially if you don't fully understand your role PM, don't hesitate to ask.
18. I will be posting in fancy schmancy gentleman's English. You don't
have
to, but it is strongly encouraged.
19. Any comments by the mod that do not concern game mechanics or happenings are strictly flavor and have NO bearing on the alignments of players.

Gentlemen That Continue to Attend the Gathering (3/13)

Sir Hoppster
Most Proper but Unspectacular Man of Class
, Survived!
AurorusVox, PhD
kpaca
, Survived!
imaginality
Friendly Member of High Society Possessing an Indubitable Reputation,
, Survived!

(
Bold = Confirmed
)
(* = Prods)

Gentlemen Ejected From the Gathering in a Most Harsh and Violent Manner (10/13)

Twistedspoon, Esq.
Gentleman of Prim and Proper Class but Possessing a Dubious Reputation Due to Unfortunate Scandal
, Lynched Day One
StrangerCoug
Altruistic and Honorable Gentlemen Steadfast in Courage and Resolve
, Murdered Most Foully Night One
TheLonging
, Murdered Most Foully Night One
Reya Cookiebringer
Lynched Day Two
lord_hur
Caboose
Gentlemen Skilled in the Application of the Scientific Investigative Method Additionally Enthralled by the Writings of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
, Murdered Most Foully Night Two
ToastyToast
kr0b
, Lynched Day Three
inHimshallibe
Infiltrator and Rapscallion Forgoing Predetermined Conduct and Mannerisms in the Practice of Duels
, Murdered Most Foully Night Three
jilynne1991
DemonHybrid
GMan
Charming and Dashing Rogue Seeking Dishonorable Vengeance Against Proper Society
, Lynched Day Four
vezokpiraka
, Murdered Most Foully Night Four
Feysal,
Cunning Villain Determined to Undermine and Dismantle this Assembly of Extraordinary Gentlemen
, Lynched Day Five

Events of Both Grave Importance and Fascinating Interest

Twistedspoon is Lynched, End of Day One
Beginning of Day Two
Reya Cookiebringer is Lynched, End of Day Two
Beginning of Day Three
ToastyToast is Lynched, End of Day Three
Beginning of Day Four
jilynne1991 is Lynched, End of Day Four
Beginning of Day Five
Feysal is Lynched, End of Game
Last edited by Wraith on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:53 am, edited 56 times in total.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Wraith »

Unfortunately, Distinguished Guest
Aurorus Vox
found it of greatest necessity to attend important business plaguing his valuable and widespread shipping company. Therefore, I will be seeking a replacement guest with equally great haste. However, I will continue forwarding messages regarding each of our guests' occupations and affiliations, save for that empty slot, which I hope to fill before day's end.

Please confirm the information contained within your invitation via return correspondence.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Wraith »

imaginality
shall be attending in the stead of
AurorusVox
. Invitations are currently being delivered.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Wraith »

All invitations have been delivered. This occasion shall resume once the attendence of each of our guests has been confirmed.

For reference, this is the invitation of what is known as, in the vernacular, a
"Vanilla Townie"
:

Greetings, my good sir! You are a Most Proper but Unspectacular Man of Class, and you are hereby extended invitation to this Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen. Persistent vigilance is required, for a gentleman must always be prepared to undergo trials of body and mind in his quest to rid his company of rapscallions and rogues. Unfortunately, you are of insufficient rank and status within our organization to be permitted the privilege of importing a dangerous weapon of gunpowder or steel, and as such you only possess the ability to voice your personal albeit venerated opinions and cast a pronouncement of condemnation upon the suspects among your peers. You are victorious when all villains, rapscallions, and rogues that threaten your life and reputation are eliminated.
Notes: I added a line to end, because I forgot to add the win condition to all town PMs.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Wraith »

All of our guests save for he known as
TheLonging
have confirmed their attendance. Nevertheless, I believe that twelve out of thirteen is more than sufficient a number to - dare I say - commence with tonight's entertainment!

With thirteen guests still standing, it will take
seven
votes to lynch a
patsy
- excuse me: villain deserving of a swift and righteous death.

Unfortunately, as with all good things, this too will ultimately come to an end. In this case, aforementioned deadline is
May 14, 2011
Show

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Salutations my Chivalrous Acquaintances

Many moons I have been awake in cumbersome waiting for this flight of fancy

In sterling fashion I shall begin our tabernacle in the eclectic voting stage (EVS)

Hoppster

due to his fundamentally garrulous nature

Cherrio, Chin-Chin and all that

- Lord Twisted of the Spoon
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Hoppster
By Jove, It appears, I have misplaced my tags for the democratic process

VOTE: Sir Hoppster

Carry on, my Spiffing companions of the Landed Gentry

~Screwtape
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:22 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I'm V/La for this weekend. Expect me to come by later.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

vezokpiraka wrote:I'm V/La for this weekend. Expect me to come by later.

what tongue is this?

~Screwtape
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 am

Post by TheLonging »

Greetings friends. I shall like to offer you all a chance to be able to state your alignment with the villainous traitors please state so now. if not, when we find you we shall deal with you in a most justice way.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:23 am

Post by imaginality »

Felicitations, my fine fellows! Though these circumstances we find ourselves in are most regrettable, I consider it indubitable that we shall locate the villainry amongst us and ensure our host's death does not go unavenged.

One of the treacherous cads already reveals himself to us. His uncouth scowls expose his inner rage.

Vote: StrangerCoug
for he contains anger within him.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Hoppster »

O! What great fortune, for 'twould appear that our aquaintance going by the name of Lord Twisted of the Spoon (a name so frightfully pretentious it makes one chortle just to look at it - ho ho! ho ho! ho ho!) has slipped up in his villanous quest to infiltrate our Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen! Upon closer examination of his headwear, one notices it to be a Bowler Hat, fashioned in a similar style to the most villainous Oddjob!

VOTE: Twistedspoon

Lynch away old chaps, lynch away!
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Touché

However I must confess that I have never subjected my visionary receptors to Ian Flemming's masterpiece. However after Punctilously davenporting my maudlin senses to induct such serendipities I can Conface the Chartreuseables

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hoppster wrote:one notices it to be a Bowler Hat,
but on the contrary, My headpiece is a specimen of the Panama hat family after an excursion of some discountable folly in the Senderos Gulf of El Salvador; Tierra Del Fuego

Now I shall partake in the Most gentlemanly pastime of watching Jeeves and Wooster Re-runs before commencing my Bi-annual Fox hunting scallywaggery

pip-pip

~Screwtape
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Caboose »

Henceforth, Sir Hoppster shall be known as Sir Hoppster, Master of Anachronism.

VOTE: Hoppster
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Wraith »

Excellent news, chaps! The last of our distinguished guests has confirmed his attendance, and will be joining us as soon as possible.

Alas, I have urgent business to attend to regarding the power supply to this voice amplification device, and will be engage in only limited interaction with you all until tomorrow afternoon. Good day, and carry on!
Show

Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

Greetings, friends and comrades. I would like to draw Sir Hoppster's visage to your attention. Not only is he improperly attired--that cravat, if that is what it is, is simply ghastly--but he is wielding a firearm while expressing mirth in a most indecorous fashion. Thus, I feel it necessary to register a
Vote: Hoppster
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Hoppster »

I doth protest at the lack of intent expressed by my fellow Gentlemen to rid our most excellent gathering of the treacherous Twistedspoon (whom I have most rightly and correctly outed as the most evil henchman Oddjob).

It also does not amuse me in the slightest to see my peers whom I respected registering a vote without including my honourific bestowed to me by our most beloved Queen, an offence I see as an act most treasonable. Most fortunately for you I believe it to be out-prioritised by the incredible scumminess of the most foul Twistedspoon.

As if we do not already have enough valid evidence forwhich we can most correctly and guiltlessly lynch the one known as Twistedspoon, I would also like to draw the attention of my most learned acquaintances to his improper, irregular and most erratic use of capitilisation! Tell me, is this behaviour you would expect of a proper gentlemen? I thought not!

I do hope that you and all your reasonable fellows will soon see sense and cast a vote for Twistedspoon to be put to death.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

It is a shame to say that I must chime in a VOTE: imaginality for doing less than an impeccable job at locating our villains.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hoppster wrote: I would also like to draw the atteNtion of my most learned acQuaintances to his improper, irrEgular and most erratic use of capitiliSation! Tell me, iS this Behaviour you would expeCt of a proper gentleMen? I thought not!
fixeth that for thou

~Screwtape
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:46 am

Post by TheLonging »

Dohoho, what is this, attempts as to scumhunt?

I shall not be joining in on this merry occasion of picking fellow gentlemen such as yourselves to place a, what do the uncivilized call it, a "vote" perhaps, without any reason or rhyme. I shall however point out that we must hang a noose around the adam's apple of a particular gentlemen here called vezok, as it is my policy.

vote: vezokpiraka

I can not think of a better more pronounced way to say the word "vote" and as such I shall use it.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Hoppster »

StrangerCoug, the same reason could be used to vote for Twistedspoon, a villain who revels in his improper capitilisation. I do ask that you move your vote to Twistedspoon this instant. Do not make me write a letter of protest.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

TheLonging wrote: I can not think of a better more pronounced way to say the word "vote" and as such I shall use it.
Electoral formality?

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hoppster wrote:StrangerCoug, the same reason could be used to vote for Twistedspoon, a villain who revels in his improper capitilisation. I do ask that you move your vote to Twistedspoon this instant. Do not make me write a letter of protest.
Hark

The knave Hoppster is a tunnelling vagabond and must be hounded from this Gentry toot sweet

~Screwtape
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Hoppster wrote:StrangerCoug, the same reason could be used to vote for Twistedspoon, a villain who revels in his improper capitilisation. I do ask that you move your vote to Twistedspoon this instant. Do not make me write a letter of protest.
Your request is denied. If our host is offended by the improper use of capitalization, then he shall either make Twistedspoon conform or usher him out of our lodge. Both of our votes have an illogical basis in any event.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”