Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6325 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by JDGA »

Okay, so I guess this is the part where I go through the
entire
thread and point out which nukes were me and which nukes (one, maybe two?) were not me.
Also I was literally and entirely seriously planning to nuke the world and escape to MafiaMars as soon as MASA got there XD
And yes, I was the mastermind behind almost
all
the nukes even though I think I was the most trusted player in the game. I was planning to get really mad and nuke everyone to just end the world through armageddon and nuclear winter (if nothing else) should I have been attacked though.

EDIT: inspi, did you know about my nukes btw? Also, inspi's nuking of Chesstopia and Magrathea's final attack were the only two nukes that weren't me. Although you recall how there were two simultaneous attacks on Chesstopia there? One of them was me, the other was Robotnik.

Also, an apology to ani: The nuke that went off in your country was my "test." I never expected you to try to bury it, I honestly thought you'd dump it somewhere uninhabited where it wouldn't kill everyone :(
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6326 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I never trusted you after my child spies man
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

@JDGA, i was planning to 'Execute Order 66' as soon as the nuclear fusion project was finished, which would have pretty much been a requirement for that colony of yours. Alternatively I was planning to do it when I controlled ~1/2 of the countries (I already had Arnor, Kiwani, Astariel, Mistotopia, Chesstopia and Caledonia (and Calamity Isles+Ethernia sort of, because plague and I were allies) I was also busy strongarming N and the Alterean Republic into it, which would have made it 10/18.) Alternatively to that I would have done it on May 1st (the game started May 2nd last year). OR IF IZAK SAID HE'D END THE GAME IN X TIME IF NOTHING DRASTIC HAPPENED. :mad:

@izak and I was already working on the update too. I was going to be the Dark Lord of MafiaScum (with Lady Chesskidette as my loyal apprentice and plague as my trusted luitenant).

Ftr, I wrote both Chesskid's and T-Bone's death updates and some other miscellanious ones besides (mostly speeches by my controlled 'NPC' countries).
Robotnick2
Robotnick2
Goon
Robotnick2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6328 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Post by Robotnick2 »

Bloody hell.
You really had this thought out, huh?
I was mostly oblivious to
Tigerpocalypse 2011

29th of November 2011 - 27th of February 2012.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6329 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

we own inspire really fast in the sequel :)
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6330 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 6327, inspiratieloos wrote:plague and I were allies

Actually, not quite. While you were quietly taking over Deimoska, plague was trying to secretly suppress your efforts. I think he wanted the world for himself...
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6331 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:48 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I know, he just completely failed at doing so, I was facepalming all the way when I saw the things he did.

Out of interest, was there a single person that didn't facepalm when he 'revealed Drench's corruption'? (I was planning to take full advantage though and was mostly waiting on izak to update my response to that situation)
Robotnick2 wrote:Bloody hell.
You really had this thought out, huh?
What part of, 'I started this since the beginning of the game' didn't make that clear.

chesskid3 wrote:we own inspire really fast in the sequel :)

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for
you meddlesome kids
@/&*# izak.

Didn't anyone find it suspicious that Notch didn't immediately bomb Caledionia into nothing but started a bullshit intimidation campaign? I was sure someone would at least comment on that...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6332 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, I thought you were a bit out-of-character there...

To be honest, inspi was going to win this. No contest. Caledonia was essentially under his control (plague had some influence, but not enough to do anything). N would have been an easy target for invasion. The Alterian Republic had some nuclear weaponry, but nothing that could even scratch inspi. Magrathea was finished, it had used the last of it's nukes on Chesstopia. Draconia would have put up a fight, but chances are inspi's spies could have stalled them for long enough to invade/use Chesstopia to blow them up. The rest of Korikai and Gurinland could have put up a decent fight if they'd grouped up, but at best they would have just made a big wreck of things. Plague would have had a fighting chance, but war with Chesstopia while your government is infiltrated by the same people behind Chesstopia? Ouch.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6333 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I didn't see a way to stay in-character while getting done what I wanted. I just bet on people expecting that if it really were an NPC nation you, as mod, wouldn't have allowed it to actually destroy a country and therefore made Notch ooc.

The whole concept 'everybody dies' update is now 1042 words (I added a changed death for JDGA and included what I was planning to happen to N and AR before the update as a short summary). I didn't even have to change plague's one even knowing that he was secretly working against me.

Btw, I'm not exactly sure what plague was doing in Deimoska, but the (official) plan between us was for him to eventually take control of it from Chesstopia, so it might even have been part of that, not actually an attempt to screw me over. I wasn't planning to actually have him keep controlling it if we ever came to blows anyway, so it was probably prudent for him to do so.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6334 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:46 am

Post by theplague42 »

I wasn't completely working against inspir. He's right about me influencing Chesstopia as the eventually plan was for me to control it. For Demoiska, I was trying to get a bit of influence without messing up inspir's plan. I was just a little nervous of him having complete control of the massive Demoiskan military.
Part of the problem.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6335 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I thought the plan was you getting control of Deimoska (we shelved the 'you take control of Chesstopia' one when I managed to instantly get total control myself iirc)? I was planning to keep you alive/in a position of power even in the 'everybody dies' endgame... As long as you didn't do anything against me that is.

In any case, when have I ever needed a conventional army to get something done? I think I used 21,000 soldiers through the entire game.

I didn't want to mention it then for diplomatic reasons, but I was literally facepalming when you put out the 'Drench is corrupt' message, him overreacting was the only thing that made it salvageable.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6336 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 6325, JDGA wrote:inspi, did you know about my nukes btw?
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6337 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

Nope, I'd assume it is because all the security was set up before I got to infiltrating everything. I worked with a system of using mostly sleeper agents, which makes for almost uncatchable agents but only getting the info on existing projects by getting very high up the totem pole mostly on their own merit. (That was how I found out about T-Bone, one of my spies eventually got promoted to a position high enough in intelligence where he could freely access all files).
Also, the security on nuclear projects in this game was ridiculous, realisticly I might have gotten away with my program in secret because I got all the info I needed from plague and only built a single nuke with a small (secure) team (besides having an enormous espionage/counter-intelligence budget), anyone else running a real program should have been just about public information imo.
PersonalIdiot04
PersonalIdiot04
Goon
PersonalIdiot04
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6338 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:14 am

Post by PersonalIdiot04 »

In post 6245, IceGuy wrote:
In post 6243, izakthegoomba wrote:
But the fact that I've come back to no actions, and no posts makes me wonder if there's any point continuing? Come on, help me out here.

As somebody who /outted of what turned out to be the best MishMash game ever, abandon it and get to work on the sequel.

What game are you talking about?
Modding:
Avoid The Match!, The New Card Sharks.
Participating In:
(O)PTIMIZE

Back at least for a little bit, solely for Mish Mash.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:10 am

Post by chesskid3 »

hey im gonna ask again
how come the SU wasn't crippled by the Chesstopian strike
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6340 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 am

Post by CSL »

Because CHESSKID.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6341 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Too large? Operators that didn't feel like killing their own people? Btw, I did lose ~1/2 my population and ~2/3 of my income, they just both happened to be about four times as high as any other player to start with.

Also CHESSKID.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6342 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:18 am

Post by chesskid3 »

yeah but
if your major cities are crippled
you should get more negative effects than a budget that week of
ONLY 40 billion
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6343 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:25 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

The SU is four times as large as anything else you've hit, several of the 'minor cities' that were spared were probably close to the size of other countries' major cities. A lot of the industry is also based on 'mining' which is generally out of town.

Edit: Another possibility, izak knew what I'd do if my country was wrecked beyond repair and didn't want the game to end just yet :P
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6344 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:40 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I tried to act indifferent toward the game ending or continuing, actually. I think in a game where the mod could essentially end it within a month, or make it last for years, it's important.

But yeah, the SU wasn't undefended, and it was MASSIVE compared to anything else Chesstopia had attacked. It took quite a hit, but another barrage or two would have been needed to truly cripple it.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6345 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 am

Post by chesskid3 »

BUt
I SENT
ALL MISSILES
I HAD
AT IT
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6346 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by theplague42 »

In post 6345, chesskid3 wrote:BUt
I SENT
ALL MISSILES
I HAD
AT IT

I agree. Chesstopia had over 9000 missiles to use.
Part of the problem.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Lol I was gonna come here and post
Bomb The Sh*T out of the planet
but I see Chess has already done that :S
You Are Worth It
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by Xalxe »

gtfo
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6349 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

nou :]
You Are Worth It

Return to “Social Game Archive”