Mini Game 1177: Normal Game - Over on Day 5!

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 6:38 am

Post by chkflip »

Meta is delicious. I request linkage to your unsavable scum lynch, please. Unless it's still ongoing than 'bah' on me.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
E_Lou_Sive
E_Lou_Sive
Goon
E_Lou_Sive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 6:49 am

Post by E_Lou_Sive »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p2930477

Just so we're clear, I was town in that game. All the other players thought that my slot was scummy because of the player I replaced and I was unable to save myself.
I'll find the scum or I'll eat my hat! Trust me. I've done it before.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Parama »

Bezukhov appears to be a newbie, so my point stands. Now then you were saying?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 7:48 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Vote: Peabody
for being scum.

FoS: chkflip
for overdone posting.

Slap Upside the Head: Parama
for even talking about "traps."
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Parama »

Counterslap: petroleumjelly
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Parama wrote:
MOD: My vote on Bezuk came after his vote on me, and that should be reflected in the votecount, but isn't.

Apologize.

Fix vote count:
Internet Stranger [1] : Peabody,
Slaxx [1] : E_Lou_Sive,
Bezukhov [1] : Parama
Parama [1] : Bezukhov
Peabody [3] : MarchHare, Slaxx, Petroleumjelly
Not Voting: Imat, Blackberry, Marble101, Internet Stranger, Chkflip
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

So Peabody, looks to me like you got what you were asking for.
Bez, does the latest vote count answer your question?

I wont place down a vote on Peabody without at least hearing from the lurkers first.
@Mod, I assume youll have an itchy trigger finger with the prods, right? The way the active posters are going at it here, there wont be much room in this kind of fast paced game for lurkers.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Marble101
Marble101
Townie
Marble101
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Marble101 »

Wow. I confirmed yesterday and today there is already 3 pages. I had no idea it would move so fast. Apparently, the game is still in RVS with people trying to accuse each other.
Vote: Blackberry
because my dad's crashed while I was playing brickbreaker.
Show
-Marble101

W-L-T Record: 1-1-0
Town: 0-1-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Other: 0-0-0

My blog: http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Foru ... hp?u=94696
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Slaxx »

My vote isn't RVS.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Slaxx »

Elusive, all we discovered from the "trap" is that Parama likes to get out of RVS fast and he baited a newbie. Neither end is alignment telling...yet.

Elusive- Peabody: Don't like how he questioned an RVS vote.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Parama »

>_>
I guess I'm just going to hate the mod's votecounts forever. Whatever.

Word of advice to the mod: The player(s) with the most votes should be at the top of the count, and if multiple players have the same amount of votes, the player who got there first should be the top of that group. Ordering votecounts successfully REALLY helps with VCA.

Excuse me while I continue to be offtopic and not discussing game-relevant material.

ps this game isn't as active as IS thinks it is
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Peabody »

Internet Stranger wrote:So knowing full well how risky it is to plunk down a second vote on the third damn post in the game, THE THIRD POST, why would you do it? Are you trying to be funny? Are you trying to make a point? Do you require some notoriety? Or were you looking to get my attention?

You dont put down a vote like that and not expect anyone to notice. Then you have the gall to flat out call it a bandwagon, ALREADY. And then you expect to sit there and say that it isnt scummy?Really now, what else could fall into the very definition of scummy? So whats it going to be, 'body? Are you going to push this nonsense further or are you going to admit that you were being hasty, or foolish or just simply putting down a lame joke vote that suddenly doesnt look all that appealing anymore?

Yes, I placed a second vote in RVS, and I would do it again and again and again. RVS bandwagons get us somewhere, even if it means placing suspicion on myself. I'm not going to admit that I was hasty or foolish. A SECOND VOTE IN RVS IS WHERE IT'S AT, BRUH! /represent.

Also, what's wrong with questioning an Bezukhov's vote? How am I supposed to know it was a random vote?

Menolikethispost:
Marble101 wrote:Wow. I confirmed yesterday and today there is already 3 pages. I had no idea it would move so fast. Apparently, the game is still in RVS with people trying to accuse each other.
Vote: Blackberry because my dad's crashed while I was playing brickbreaker.

It's such a late RVS.

unvote; vote Marble101
Marble101
Marble101
Townie
Marble101
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Marble101 »

I made my first post late and wanted to have some RVS fun.
Show
-Marble101

W-L-T Record: 1-1-0
Town: 0-1-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Other: 0-0-0

My blog: http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Foru ... hp?u=94696
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Now what kind of fun would you like to have?

What do you think of Elusive Marble? He's a nice guy and all, but do you think he is mafia or town?

Also, do you like ham or turkey better on your sandwiches?
MarchHare
MarchHare
Goon
MarchHare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by MarchHare »

For the record, MarchHare placed a third vote on Slaxx during RVS. I think the best thing to do about him is to just ignore him, though. MarchHare's meta indicates that he'll never be of any help to the town whatsoever. As a player, he's not even worth wasting a lynch on. Hard for me to comment because so few people have posted anything, but I will do my best to find the scum.

That's dumb and/or scummy because if really did meta-read me you'd have seen that in my other completed game I replaced in and immediately called the entire mafia.

More when I get the chance.
Will be on V/LA this weekend.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Imat »

Well...I see a day or two spent playing a board game with a friend is not the best option at the start of the game...Mayhaps midgame would go a little bit slower, but I will avoid such downtime as much as possible.

Onto this: I was gonna random vote for one of the others who, like myself, hasn't done anything, but the two (Other than myself) I could vote for already have votes, and while 2 votes with 7 to lynch is really nothing, I'm not a fan of randomly putting a second vote on people first day. My experience has not been good with first day lynches...Things end badly more often than not...

But that is not to say I will simply no lynch at the current point in time. Sparking discussion is a strong function of the simple vote, and discussion is the only means we have of defending ourselves (Except for PRs, obviously...). So, in the interest of discussion,
Vote: chkflip
. Overall I find your attitude to be haughty. Not saying that is a tell for anything, but playing well and telling everybody you play well are two different things. Two Very different things. I look forward to playing with you if the bark is as bad as the bite, but if that should prove false it is not a great help to swagger.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Imat »

And already I forget things...
Unvote: chkflip
Vote: Parama
. Yeah, I know, second vote...But 2 of 7 is still nothing, and my reasoning was towards Parama, not chkflip. Apologies for the confusion. So not as much a random vote, not going against my own words. Still for discussion purposes.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 7:57 am

Post by Parama »

unvote, vote: Imat

Not moving this until day ends.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Imat »

That wasn't discussion at all...Did somebody see through your gameplay, now you're scared? Well, we'll see what other, more experienced players have to say about this, but that kinda seems scummy to me. Town should always be willing to change votes. Always. Setting your vote in stone is the worst practice possible.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Parama »

There are more experienced players in the game but you better not be calling me a newbie.

I have NOTHING on you yet. My gut is going crazy, and I'm sure that if I can keep you posting, YOU. WILL. SLIP.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Slaxx »

Oh god I agree with parama. Lollllllll. Did you get a walking on eggshells feel from that post too parama?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

Not to mention he voted you for your personality LOL. I wouldn't have you any other way parama :3
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Parama »

Imat wrote:Well...I see a day or two spent playing a board game with a friend is not the best option at the start of the game...Mayhaps midgame would go a little bit slower, but I will avoid such downtime as much as possible.

MAFIA IS A COMMITMENT. You say you were... playing a board game? Uh... FOR 2 DAYS STRAIGHT? I don't believe this. And you're LOOKING for opportunities to go inactive? No player should choose not to post. EVER.
1. What board game?
2. Did you have internet access?
3. Why do you WANT to have downtime?

Imat wrote:Onto this: I was gonna random vote for one of the others who, like myself, hasn't done anything, but the two (Other than myself) I could vote for already have votes, and while 2 votes with 7 to lynch is really nothing, I'm not a fan of randomly putting a second vote on people first day. My experience has not been good with first day lynches...Things end badly more often than not...

Hmm... is it your personal choice, or is it...
Internet Stranger wrote:Sure, scum plunk that second vote down all the time.

...that you want to appeal to a certain someone?

Side-note: If people DIDN'T put that second vote down, then we'd be left with 13 players all having one vote on them. What good would that do? The point of RVS is pressure. If you're saying you INTENTIONALLY did not want to apply pressure, then you're saying you DON'T want the game to progress. This is why IS's argument is flawed and I will hear none of it.

Imat. You are not new to this site, as your join date shows. How much experience do you have on Mafiascum.net, and when was the last time you played a game here prior to this game?

Imat wrote:But that is not to say I will simply no lynch at the current point in time. Sparking discussion is a strong function of the simple vote, and discussion is the only means we have of defending ourselves (Except for PRs, obviously...).

If you believe this, then you can't possibly be following IS's logic. Contradiction anyone?

Imat wrote:So, in the interest of discussion,
Vote: chkflip
. Overall I find your attitude to be haughty. Not saying that is a tell for anything, but playing well and telling everybody you play well are two different things. Two Very different things. I look forward to playing with you if the bark is as bad as the bite, but if that should prove false it is not a great help to swagger.

Apparently this vote was supposed to be on me, so...
Is attitude a scumtell? Because let me tell you, you'll have to deal with it.
I'm going to bring up a past game: Mini 1079.
Here's excerpts from a post I made near the start of that game:
5) How would you describe your emotional state coming into this game? Nervous? Confident? Timid? Ambitious?
I am going to win, whether you like it or not.
7) Do you prefer to lead or to follow?
Lead. I don't follow AT ALL.
8) Please describe your playing style, both as scum and as town.
I'm right, just sheep me for the win. You're wrong, here's why, now screw off.

I then proceeded to SINGLEHANDEDLY nail the entire scumteam. Check it out if you want proof, but there's no need.
An arrogant attitude is not a scumtell. I mean, we have players like Fate and Glork so...
What reason do you have to believe it's a scumtell?
Imat wrote:And already I forget things...
Unvote: chkflip
Vote: Parama
. Yeah, I know, second vote...But 2 of 7 is still nothing, and my reasoning was towards Parama, not chkflip. Apologies for the confusion. So not as much a random vote, not going against my own words. Still for discussion purposes.

Admitting to something doesn't reduce the offense. This is a contradiction, and you are a hypocrite. It also shows that you're not reading the thread very well if you can confuse two players who play nothing alike, have usernames that aren't remotely similar, and don't even have avatars that look anything alike.
I almost want to say that Imat realized chkflip was his partner and was reluctant to bus this early in the game, so he switched. Am I wrong, Don Imat?
Imat wrote:That wasn't discussion at all...Did somebody see through your gameplay, now you're scared? Well, we'll see what other, more experienced players have to say about this, but that kinda seems scummy to me. Town should always be willing to change votes. Always. Setting your vote in stone is the worst practice possible.

Instantaneous Smear Campaign!
1. The first line reads as blatant OMGUS.
2. "More Experienced Players"? Don't you dare call me a newbie. I was nominated for several scummies last year, and I have a rather high post count. Plus at least 50 games under my belt... and mod experience... I know IS and PJ are both technically more experienced than me, but considering your post count, it seems odd that you're acting like you're so high and mighty compared to me. Scum arrogance is the only thing I can think of.
3. It's called tunneling, and I do it when I've found scum. Again, Mini 1079. Day 1, I placed my vote on Nexus. I DIDN'T MOVE IT UNTIL HIS LYNCH ON DAY 2. HE WAS SCUM. IS THERE A PROBLEM THERE?

I'd be willing to change votes if another of the scum claimed in-thread. That's about the only thing that will get me to change my mind at this point.

I'm going to break you, Imat, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Slaxx »

Unvote; vote: imat

I know I know, second vote and all. But it's on scum so I think Its okay.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Imat »

The board game was Arkham Horror. And yeah, it took all day one day, then all day the next. Because it is one fantastic game. And it isn't that I'm searching for inactivity, just saying I'll probably go inactive for some time, but I'll keep it to a day at most and infrequently at that.

New to the site? Of course not. But I played maybe 3 games my first time here, back in whenever it says I joined, and commitments dragged me away. I didn't want to play more until I knew I could commit time to this consistently, and that hasn't come up until now. So I'm new to actually playing Mafia. I Mod a lot on another site, but that's neither here nor there. So I don't claim to have very much experience. I saw something that I didn't like, and I thought a vote would spark discussion. It has, and I'm glad for that.

Oh, and I voted chkflip because of his avatar...I'm gonna be honest on that one, I read through not really paying attention to names and posted too soon. That was my bad. Hypocrisy wasn't in it though. I said I wouldn't put a second vote down without reason. I found a reason to put a second vote down on you, Parama. Tentative reason, at best, but a reason I was willing to stand behind.

Calling you a newbie? No. Calling you a player who I'm voting for, therefore I really can't entirely trust your own arguments and would like to hear from others? That's the one.

Not OMGUS: I never said you were scum, just that somebody had seen through your gameplay, no matter the alignment. If you notice in my original post, I never said arrogance was a scumtell. I voted to spark discussion. You are clearly a competent player, but the tunnel vision I dislike with a passion. To be honest, I voted on an extremely tentative grasp of straws. But Tunnel Vision isn't productive. I'll keep my vote where it is now. Waiting for people to either back me up or shoot me down...People who aren't Parama.

But wait...You say you have nothing on me...Then Slaxx comes along and agrees with your suspicions, suddenly you're going to "break me?" Then Slaxx comes and votes...Could be he's simply following your argument, but I'm not so sure. Could also be he's simply looking for an easy Town lynch. This is where experience would be helpful...

Finally...You can't "break" Town, so you aren't gonna get anywhere with me. If you truly are this fantastic player, which has some merit I'll admit, why not focus on getting the actual Scum? Or, if you believe I'm Scum, at least use the rest of this Day to out Scum for tomorrow's lynch. If I truly am Scum, clearly people will act differently towards me depending on alignment. Put your skills to use for an easy Town win.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”