Mini 1183: Mafiamatical Mathia - Game over!

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1183: Mafiamatical Mathia - Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Hoppster »

"EUREKA!" you hear somebody shrieking in an ecstatic voice from the laboratory next door. "I'VE DONE IT! IT'S FINISHED! I'VE PROVED IT!"

You all rush to the laboratory. There, awaiting you with an exhausted but excited face is Professor Alan Gebra, head of your mathematical research team. Old and decrepid physically, yet in his exhiliration he has taken on a youthful spirit. His white whispy hair quivers with excitement, as he clutches with trembling hands some sheets of A4 lined paper. His shirt and lab coat are soaked with sweat.

He stares at you all with a glazed over look in his eyes, the feeling of anticipation building in the room. "THIS IS THE MOMENT WE HAVE BEEN WORKING TOWARDS FOR OVER THREE DECADES!" he yells hysterically. "AND I HOLD IT IN MY HANDS, THE PINACCLE OF MY CAREER! THE PROOF TO THE RIEMANN HYPOTHESIS!"

Some of you break down in tears of joy, others of you rush to smother the professor with hugs. Screams of joy echo through the room. You, the professor's research team, have been through thick and thin with him, ups and downs, and all in a quest to prove a hypothesis. But this isn't just any hypothesis; this is the Riemann Hypothesis, a problem plaguing mathematicians for over 150 years.

But somewhere in the room there is a pang of regret. Ultimately, you're just the professor's research team. Expendable. Disposable. Irrelevant. Professor Alan Gebra will be the one who scoops the plaudits, while you're left to while the rest of your days away on the Internet (playing Mafia, no doubt).

Yet as you all retire to bed, there is an overriding sense of triumph and achievement.

Perhaps foolishly so.

For as you lie snuggly tucked up in your bed, Professor Gebra tosses and turns in his sleep. His mind is restless; there's something he's forgotten. Mentally he goes over his proof. He's checked it, double-checked it, triple-checked it...

He sits up in alarm as he hears movement outside his door.
His door!
In his excitement, he didn't lock it! The movement draws nearer. The proof, they're after his proof! As his door swings open and the light from outside floods in, he grabs the proof off his bedside desk and grasps it to his chest like a mother protecting her baby, scrambling as far away from the door as he can within the confines of his room. He squints as a shadowy blob enters the room. One person? Two? Three? More? He can't tell - his glasses are lying on his bedside desk.

Laughter fills the room, and a blur of sounds swim around the professor's ears. "You won't be needing that proof where you're going, old man."

The shadows envelope him, and as the professor slumps to the floor, lifeless, his grip on his proof, his life's work, is relinquished, and it flutters to the floor peacefully, as if unaware of the atrocities just committed.

Professor Al Gebra,
Vanilla Townie
, killed pre-game!

The next day, there is a hushed awe as you all gather around the bloodied, vacant corpse of the professor. It's only later that one of you thinks to look for the proof - but it's gone. No trace of it remains.

But who would do such a thing?

You look around you. Your colleagues all seem to be doing the same thing, and there is a nervous shuffling of feet.

You see somebody raising their arm towards you, and they're holding a pistol! Suddenly, there's a flash of light, and a loud bang. Your arms fly instinctively to your face and you scream in terror.

You don't know how long you scream for, but at some point you realise you're still alive. You cautiously lower your arms, and look around you. You're the only one in the room. The pistol and the gunshot... were they
imaginary?
It all looked and sounded so
real

Who can you trust? They could all be killers, conspiring against you! You need to kill them first! ... No, you're just being
irrational
now. This is a
complex
issue... But now you're making mathematical puns in your head... and, as the saying goes, that's the first
sine
of madness.

Welcome to Mafiamatical Mathia

Moderator: Hoppster

Players

1. theplague42
  2. Twistedspoon
  3. Kalofer
  4. Morthas
  5. Juls
  6. implosion
  7. Wickedestjr
  8. don_johnson
  9. Oopidstay

Spoiler: Alive and Dead
Alive

Juls, a
Vanilla Townie
survived and won
(Endgame)
don_johnson, a
Town Jailkeeper
survived and won
(Endgame)

Dead

Kalofer, a
Mafia Neighbour
, was
lynched Day 1
(Lynch Scene)
Wickedestjr, a
Vanilla Townie
, was
lynched Day 2
(Lynch Scene)
implosion, a
Vanilla Townie
, was
lynched Day 3
(Lynch Scene)
Oopidstay, a
Town Cop
, was
killed Night 3
(Death Scene)
theplague42, a
Vanilla Townie
, was
lynched Day 4
(Lynch Scene)
Twistedspoon, a
Vanilla Townie
, was
lynched Day 5
(Lynch Scene)
Morthas, a
Mafia Neighbour
, was
lynched Day 6
(Lynch Scene)

Example Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:Welcome to Mafiamatical Mathia,
Al Gebra
!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Powers

You have no special powers, only your one vote!

Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
Last edited by Hoppster on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Hoppster's Ruleset mk1
written solely by me
stolen
from
neil1113
with
some
modifications
who
stole
them
from
Rhinox
with
some
modifications
who
stole
them
from
Faraday
with
some
modifications
who
stole
them
from
Hoopla
with
some
modifications
who
may
or
may
not
have
stolen
them
but
wow
I
have
too
much
spare
time.

1. Fundamental

2. The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
  3. Play to win.
  4. Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
  5. Do not quote your role PM. Do not quote from any mod-provided private QT. Both these will result in modkill and auto-loss. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things. Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM.
  6. Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil. If you cross 'the line' I'll step in. Said line will be judged by me.
  7. Voting, Lynching & Death
  8. For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
    Vote: Al Gebra
    . Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. The VOTE: tags are also appropriate for voting.
    1. If it looks like a vote (including broken tags), I will probably count it as a vote (and fix tags if necessary). If you have any doubt, then make a double-post with the fixed tags. Mispellings or shortened names are accepted as long as it is clear who you are voting. If I can't tell who you are attempting to vote, it won't count.
  9. Unvotes are
    not
    necessary before placing a new vote, but appreciated by me. Please bold your unvotes or use the unvote tags. It is not necessary to name the player you are unvoting.
  10. A lynch will occur when a player achieves a majority of votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch. All players alive prior to the hammer (including the player being lynched) may continue to post in the thread until I declare the lynch.
    1. Majority needed for a lynch is calculated as follows: (n/2) + 1 votes [with '(n/2)' rounded down], where
      n
      is the
      number of players alive
    2. For example, with 9 players alive it takes (4) + 1 = 5 votes to lynch [as 9/2 is rounded down].
      With 6 players alive it takes (3) + 1 = 4 votes to lynch.
  11. You may vote for a no lynch if desired. A No Lynch still requires a majority of players to vote for it. Once achieved, the game will progress to night without a lynch.
  12. Once you're dead, you are dead... however, you may make one 'bah' post of
    no more than four words
    . 'Bah' posts may only contain the following words (in any order/combination):
  13. Spoiler: The Bah Post Rule in Detail
      • Bah
      • Sorry
      • Go
      • Town
      • I
      • You
      • All
      • Suck
      • Rock
      • Avocado

1. Punctuation/capitalisation may be used as you deem appropiate. If I feel you are intentionally trying to be a prat, I may disallow it though.
    2. You are allowed to use words that can be derived from or are slight alterations of words on the list of accepted words.
    3. If in doubt, check your 'Bah' post with me via PM before posting it. Any 'Bah' posts that I deem to be unacceptable will be replaced with 'I SUCK AVOCADOS!'
    Activity & Deadlines
  14. Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
  15. Prods will be issued after 48 hours in a row without posting. I will force-replace players as I feel necessary if I am having to repeatedly prod them. Players may request a prod on another player in the following format:
    Mod: Please prod <playername>
    . This is only to be done if a player has gone without posting for 48 hours and I have missed prodding them.
    1. If you do not post in-thread within 48 hours of a prod I will begin looking for a replacement. You may reclaim your spot if you return before I find a replacement.
  16. Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time (as judged by myself at the time) I will have replace you for the sake of the game.
  17. The default deadline for each game day will be 2 weeks. Nights will last 72 hours.
  18. In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will be no lynch. No pluralities for lynching.
  19. Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that, laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.
  20. Other Information
  21. This is my colour and font I will use for modly purposes
    . All other colours are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself and do not look similar to my paticular shade (as judged by myself), just don't post a rainbow.
  22. Any night actions will be resolved using Natural Action Resolution.
  23. I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. If you feel a vote count is needed, don't hesitate to ask for one, and I'll provide one at the next opportunity.
    1. If there seem to be mistakes on the Vote Counts, don't hesitate to correct me. I am awesome but not infallible.
  24. It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. If I believe that you are intentionally exploiting the game in this way, you will be either force-replaced or mod-killed depending on what I judge to be the severity of the offence.
  25. I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know. (This paticular rule will not be modified.)
  26. Flavour in night/day write up's is just that; flavour. It has no bearing on and does not reflect the setup/roles/actions/choices. As such, speculation on this will be publically mocked.
  27. No cryptography.
  28. Have fun!
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Spoiler: How to Confirm
Hoppster, in a mass PM wrote:
NB:
Role PMs have
not yet
gone out.

I will start sending them shortly, however, before I do, this is how you confirm (once you recieve your Role PM).

How to confirm
  1. Read your Role PM.
  2. Go and read the rules in the thread.
  3. Choose what you think is the most important rule (other than the Fundamental rules), and paraphrase it. No wimpy "THEY'RE ALL IMPORTANT" answers. The rule you paraphrase doesn't really matter a great deal (as long as it's a reasonable choice).
  4. PM your paraphrased rule to me!

Just in case people somehow lost their PM. :roll:

All Role PMs should now be out; PM me if you did not recieve one.

However, pretty sure that should not be the case, so confirmations are a-go.

The game will not start until
everybody
has read the rules and confirmed.

Confirmed

Morthas
Twistedspoon
Kalofer
Juls
Oopidstay
theplague42
Wickedestjr
don_johnson
implosion
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Hoppster »

All players have confirmed: Day 1 begins now!

Day 1, Votecount 1theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Kalofer - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 9 (theplague42, Twistedspoon, Kalofer, Morthas, Juls, implosion, Wickedestjr, don_johnson, Oopidstay)

Deadline: Wednesday June 15th at 21:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-06-15 16:00:00)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Hoppster on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:07 am

Post by implosion »

VOTE: don_johnson. He was town in the only other game I've played with him. Therefore, he has to be scum in this one. Foolproof logic is foolproof.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Morthas »

VOTE: implo
Lurking before the game even starts thus making me refresh this page so many goddamn times.

Hi Twisted ;D Not you Kalofer... you don't get a hi.
Capitalism, ho
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Vote: Oopidstay.

Because I'm me.
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:27 am

Post by implosion »

Morthas wrote:VOTE: implo
Lurking before the game even starts thus making me refresh this page so many goddamn times.

I don't post at school.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:32 am

Post by don_johnson »

vote: juls

long time no see.

implo: which game was that? i thought we were in more than one together...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Oopidstay wrote:

Because I'm me.

so how does this self-vote help us to get out of RVS and do some serious scumhunting?

thought not

VOTE: Oopid

Morthas wrote:

hey mothy :]

Kalofer gets a hi from me due to his insane biomass analogies :p
Hi kalofer.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:45 am

Post by implosion »

Oh. yeah, we were, but i died night one in one of them, so i forgot it. And you were scum in that one... lol. I was thinking of open 260. The one where you were scum is open 262, i think.
unvote
, VOTE: twistedspoon
Is the goal of the RVS to get out of the RVS? If so, why does the RVS exist in the first place? Must every post in the RVS make an attempt to leave it?
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Kalofer »

Heeeey Twisted...and everyone else for that matter (except you mort, you don't deserve my recognition).
VOTE: theplague42 cos plagues r bad :(
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Oopidstay wrote:

Because I'm me.

so how does this self-vote help us to get out of RVS and do some serious scumhunting?

thought not

VOTE: Oopid

I can no haz fun? :(
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Juls »

don_johnson wrote:
vote: juls

long time no see.

implo: which game was that? i thought we were in more than one together...

ninja'd. Good to see you.

Vote: Oopid
Self votes are bad, period.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Juls »

Just an FYI, I have already told the mod, but, I will be limited access until mid-day Saturday. I am travelling tomorrow 8.5 hours by car (and back Friday/Saturday), but I will try to post from my hotel tomorrow night and friday if I feel up to it.
Juls
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Kalofer »

You better feel up to it...or else!
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Juls »

Kalofer wrote:You better feel up to it...or else!

You don't scare me
Juls
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 1, Votecount 2theplague42 - 1
[L - 4]
(Kalofer)

Twistedspoon - 1
[L - 4]
(implosion)

Kalofer - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 1
[L - 4]
(don_johnson)

implosion - 1
[L - 4]
(Morthas)

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 3
[L - 2]
(Oopidstay, Twistedspoon, Juls)

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 2 (theplague42, Wickedestjr)

Deadline: Wednesday June 15th at 21:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-06-15 16:00:00)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Juls is V/LA Thursday-Saturday.
Last edited by Hoppster on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Juls wrote:Self votes are bad, period.

Why?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by don_johnson »

*facepalm*

dear god.

no. not this discussion.

question for all: do you find it more difficult to random vote when you are scum, or when you are town?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Why not? Really, I'm curious.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Juls »

Rules wrote:2. Play to win.

Mini Normals contain no roles which would require or encourage your own lynch. At a minimum you are breaking Rule #2 of the fundamental rules.
If you are town, placing your vote on yourself is placing a vote on a confirmed townie (to you). So I can only deduce that you are scum and/or a bad player.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Juls »

missed your question don....

don wrote:question for all: do you find it more difficult to random vote when you are scum, or when you are town?

I don't find it difficult to random vote no matter my alignment. I usually vote the person I know the best or like the most. Or in this case, the
dumbest
worst RVS voter.
Juls
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

How is self-voting necessarily playing against my win condition?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

EBWOP: Is self-voting necessarily playing against your wincon.

Closer to what I actually meant.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”