MS Time Capsule: Predict the future, impress your peers

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

MS Time Capsule: Predict the future, impress your peers

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by Hoopla »

This thread is dedicated to a five year journey. Five years from now, I will bump this thread, or if I'm not here, hopefully someone else will remember.

Where do you see MS in five years? Who will be here, who won't? What will have happened? What is the future like?

~~

My thoughts;

- Our membership numbers will spiral from 11,000 to 24,000
- Chesskid, drmyshottyizsik, CooLDoG, vezokpiraka will all be distant memories. animorpherv1 will still be posting noise, though.
- Vi and DGB will still be here. Neither will have scummy banners sitting against their names. Vi will have "retired" from playing.
- Fate will be the first person to hit 30,000 game posts, but will burn himself out and either ragequit the site or fizzle into obscurity. DGB will be the current post leader.
- There will be an extra game forum for speed games or maybe more competitive/ELO ranked games.
- Of our current list mods (Farside, Papa Zito, hasdgfas, StrangerCoug, Vel-Rahn Koon, Kinetic) only StrangerCoug and Papa Zito will be left. Everyone will still miss MeMe.
- There are currently 24 whitelisted roles for Normal Games. In the future there will be 35.
- Ythill will be teaching Obi how to play mafia and will very shortly be preparing for his first newbie game.
- Forum 62 will be going strong.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:41 am

Post by Hoopla »

Yosarian2 wrote:Based on past trends of simplification and dumbing down of normal games, I'm going to predict that by 2016, there will only be 2 roles left permitted in normal games, town and mafia, and there will be a strong movement to ban the mafia role from normal games as "unfair".

Don't be silly! Normal games are super progressive, and have thousands of options. I think having all the roles and role modifiers listed there is what makes it feel smaller. To emphasise this point - in the 50 games prior to the Normal Guidelines being drafted, only 16 out of 50 games contained a role that wouldn't be allowed by today's standards or would be added under the unique role clause, and most of them were things like Universal Backup/Venegful/PGO/Day roles - all of which are on the fringe of normalcy and will probably be whitelisted one day. For reference, 9/30 completed games under the Normal Game Guidelines have used unique/variant roles - and mods typically use their quota in Large Normals too, which is just as much as what we were doing before the guidelines anyway. There have been a rise in mods using role modifiers like X-shot, Even/Odd Night, a rise in Neighbourhoods and a rise in mods using other normally town-aligned roles for mafia abilities. There's also been a rise in mods prepared to create 7-11 player games. We're definitely getting just as much, if not more creativity, along with the handy perk of improved balance (hopefully).
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #78 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Hoopla »

BUMP!

In post 0, Hoopla wrote:
My thoughts;

- Our membership numbers will spiral from 11,000 to 24,000

18K, hmm not so close!!

In post 0, Hoopla wrote:- Chesskid, drmyshottyizsik, CooLDoG, vezokpiraka will all be distant memories. animorpherv1 will still be posting noise, though.

seems like vezok has peaced out, but the rest of this crazy crew is still going strong.

In post 0, Hoopla wrote:- Vi and DGB will still be here. Neither will have scummy banners sitting against their names. Vi will have "retired" from playing.

pretty good. does vi still play?

In post 0, Hoopla wrote:- Fate will be the first person to hit 30,000 game posts, but will burn himself out and either ragequit the site or fizzle into obscurity. DGB will be the current post leader.

Fate only got to 23K. is he fully gonezo? DGB is 4th. keep up the good work.

In post 0, Hoopla wrote:- There will be an extra game forum for speed games or maybe more competitive/ELO ranked games.

blitz is a much cooler name than speed.

In post 0, Hoopla wrote:
- Of our current list mods (Farside, Papa Zito, hasdgfas, StrangerCoug, Vel-Rahn Koon, Kinetic) only StrangerCoug and Papa Zito will be left. Everyone will still miss MeMe.

haha, who these guys?? except u zito. hello!!!

In post 0, Hoopla wrote:
- There are currently 24 whitelisted roles for Normal Games. In the future there will be 35.

34 whitelisted roles and a handful of modifiers. pretty good.

In post 0, Hoopla wrote:
- Ythill will be teaching Obi how to play mafia and will very shortly be preparing for his first newbie game.

haha! i wonder what has happened to ythill in 5 years...

In post 0, Hoopla wrote:- Forum 62 will be going strong.

:shifty:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Hoopla »

i know!!

i seem to have windows of time several months long where i am absent, so i thought i should bump it now before i forgot!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 79, esuriospiritus wrote:You bumped it early! :P I had a note on my phone's calendar for the day of and everything!

i'm officially putting you in charge of the next time capsule, btw.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”