MS Time Capsule: Predict the future, impress your peers

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Hmm.

- The site will have seen at least two more server moves and probably another software upgrade.
- Site game limits will exist. Vote count automation won't, especially given the issues with tons of vote-manipulating games (coughMindScrewcough)
- The site will be at either around 18,000 or 30,000 players, depending on the economic situation (if Internet infrastructure/access is suffering from economy woes/resource depletion, expect the former and a drop in membership after the 5-year mark).
- AlmasterGM will be one of the mods of legend (same lines as DP/Vi/dram/Percy/SpyreX/self), and if he's still on site everybody will keep bugging him to run another Defcon game (same goes for Percy and Stars Aligned, SpyreX and Star Control, and myself and Mind Screw). He'll probably have taken a break from playing on site, and will either have returned or be on the brink of returning.
- Percy will eventually reappear but only briefly.
- One to two new mods of legend will appear each year. The standard mechanic for becoming a mod of legend (first Mini Theme a wild success) will not change.
- Minis will be either 13 or 14 players.
- The Mini queues will be about twice as long despite continued restrictions on new mods.
- The Large Theme and Large Normal queues will develop into actual Mini-style queues, and probably sooner rather than later.
- A new speed or micro queue will appear to satisfy new mod demand, likely in 2-3 years. It will be about as successful as the current Open queue, but probably at the price of the Open Queue's popularity.
- I will continue to propose splitting flavored normals from variant mechanics. It will still have gone nowhere.
- The number of roles acceptable for Normals will continue to go down, despite proposals to add new roles. Cop+Doc combo will no longer be acceptable in Mini Normals (good riddance).
- We STILL won't be able to balance Cults.
- List mods: farside/hasdgfas will be gone. VRK may still be around, same with Zito. Kinetic will still be here unless real life interferes, same with SC. Vi will be a list mod; I may be as well, assuming that my hiatus is a one-time event.
- Still around: Yos2, DGB, Glork, Mr. Flay (occasionally). Harder to call the 07-08 crew, and I'm not well versed enough in the 09-10 crowd to even try with them.
- Chesskid/vezokpiraka/etc. will have left the site and been replaced by new players of the same mold, much like Natirasha and zwetschenwasser before them. Some (like dram) will graduate to respectability.
- Other mods still won't figure out that one of the reasons why I keep designing new roles is to try to clear the way for other mods to use new ability types. (Main exception: Mao mechanic; I approve of and encourage Mind Screw Gaidens, but I'd prefer if the main series is left to me.)
- I will eventually run out of design space in current Mafia and shift over towards flavor-based games using more traditional roles (or vanish).
- 100-plus players will be tried; it will fail miserably and/or be a Parallel Universe/Team Mafia style game. Longest thread may happen, but it won't be a Tar game (I'm too kill-happy).
- There will be a sitewide ability resolution standard for normals, likely NaR. Some mods (including myself) will be holdouts, usually those with their own ability resolution standard (such as my in-development Fundamental Resolution Class). Some mods will [REDACTED] after inspiration from [REDACTED].
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found

Return to “Mafia Discussion”