()

= prodded,
= warned
Game Rules

General Rules

1. Make sure to follow the
    sitewide rules
    , too.
  2. Play to fulfill your win condition, as specified in your Role PM.
  3. Each Day will last ~21 days; each Night will last ~72 hours. This may vary somewhat; probably not.
  4. Votes must be
    bolded
    and at the start of a line. Unvotes are not required to change your vote.
  5. Lynching requires a majority vote. If a majority is not reached before deadline, the Day will end without a lynch.
  6. When a majority is reached, Twilight begins. All players are allowed to post during Twilight, even the lynchee.
  7. One "Bah" post is allowed. Do not post anything that could be construed as game related information.
  8. Do not communicate outside this thread without permission. You will be told if you are an exception to this rule.
  9. Do not quote any mod communication, or anything which originated outside of the game thread.
  10. Caps lock posting (or the appearance thereof) can and will get you modkilled. Do not test us on this.
  11. Do not edit or delete your posts, if you have access to do so.
  12. Do not post in sizes smaller than the default. Do not encrypt anything. Do not use any kind of
    pur
    ple
    , that's ours.
  13. Prods occur after 48 hours. After another 48 hours, a replacement will be sought. Three prods = force replace.
  14. If you must go V/LA, please post a notice in-thread
    and
    send us a PM beforehand.
  15. If you need to speak with us, you can either
    send us a PM
    or ask in-thread using
    Mod: Message
    . Both are fine.
  16. This is a modified setup, with all roles chosen via , and alignments determined
    randomly
  17. Keep it civil, or else. Anyone who fails to comply with this rule will be modkilled and blacklisted.
  18. Any and all of the above rules are subject to change at any time, and without notification.
  19. It is
    your
    job to remain current on these rules; it should not be our job to babysit.

In the council chambers, the very heart of the Citadel, the corpse of Saren lies in the dust, but the massive Sovereign's presence still looms in the air. Something is wrong... the Citadel should be safe, but the massive Reaper is still vainly trying to access the systems. You are in control of the computers and can hold him at bay, but for how long?

Suddenly, the crumpled body on the ground moves. The former spectre stands up, and begins to speak.

"Pain. It has a habit of clearing one's head. I see it now, all of it. All the lies..." He breaks off suddenly and stares out the window at the massive machine. "Sovereign still has slaves to command. He won't go down until you take them out."

"How do we know we can trust you?" Commander Shepard barks at him.

"You can't really expect to fool us, can you?" Garrus' voice is strong and clear.

"Why would he lie? It makes no sense." Kaidan stands up, brushing off his armor.

"Because that's what he does. He lies, and then he kills. We should kill him first." Wrex strides towards Saren.

"Wait. If what he's saying is true, we need him." Liara speaks for the first time.

Ashley draws her weapon. "And what if he's not? We can't take that chance."

"Stop it! We can't be turning against each other!" Everyone looks at Tali. "We've got to work together to stop Sovereign or we're all dead!"

The sound of running footsteps. Everyone turns to look at Udina and Anderson, who've arrived out of nowhere.

"Excellent work, Shepard!" Anderson is beaming.

"Now for that geth ship..." Udina begins, but Garrus cuts him off.

"It's a Reaper. Admit it already."

"None of that's important! All that's important now is finding the indoctrinated slaves!" Saren almost screams. "You have to trust me!"

"We can't trust him. We can't trust anyone."

The crowd turns to stare at Joker and Chakwas, who had walked unseen into the room.

"I found some stowaways on the ship." Joker grimaces. "Look."

All heads turn towards the doorway, where two shadowy figures cautiously enter. An audible gasp rings out.

"Mother?" Liara exclaims. "But how can it be?"

"Powers beyond our knowing, my child. I was dying, I remember it clearly... And then I was called. Called to this place." Benezia indeed looks alive and well, her shimmering biotic shield in place.

"No emotional welcome for me? Pity." Nihlus isn't smiling. "Benezia's tale is the same as mine. I was killed, shot in the head by a supposed friend and colleague, and yet I survived."

"I've never seen anything like it." Doctor Chakwas shakes her head. "Fully recovered, both of them. Not a scratch. My tests detected a weak energy field surrounding them. That's when I noticed Joker. He was walking, with no pain from the effort. On a hunch, I ran him through the same tests, and detected the exact same energy field from him, and myself as well."

"But what is this energy field?" Ashley stares in confusion. "And how did they get here?"

"I just... found them in the cargo bay, after I landed." Joker explains.

"Wait, why did you land here, Joker?" Anderson questions.

"Shouldn't you be fighting Sovereign?" Ashley has finally lowered her pistol.

"Why don't you ask the same thing to those two?" Wrex points to Anderson and Udina. "Why did you come here?"

The two men are bewildered.

"Enough of this crap. What's going on?" Shepard approaches Anderson.

"Didn't you leave a soldier behind to die on Virmire, Shepard? And yet your entire squad is here. You killed Benezia and Saren yourself, and yet they stand before you. You saw Nihlus on Eden Prime, dead as can be, and yet he's here too. Nobody dies, Shepard. Nobody here can die."

"And we all felt the call." Benezia picks up where Anderson ended. "We were all drawn to this place, at this time. By the strange power in that machine. Your medical officer spoke of an energy field, this same field sustains all of us, brought us together. Sovereign is as strong as ever, which means he must still have slaves alive. Slaves that he will use to access the Citadel's core. If that happens, we are all doomed."

"But who are the slaves?" Kaidan cries out. "Who is working for that thing?"

Saren speaks again, slowly and carefully. "It could be you. It could be Shepard. It could even still be me, for all you know. That is why we have to be careful. Sovereign's spies aren't going to reveal themselves."

"At this point, I'm not ruling out anybody." Wrex grunts. "Sovereign brought us all here to confuse us. So we don't know whose side anyone's on."

The sound of breaking glass drew everyone's attention. Looking up, they saw a small object fly in from a broken hole in the window. The object landed on the floor. It was a canister.

"Get back!" Saren shouted, but with a sudden hiss, the canister burst open.

"It's too late." Benezia sighed. "This was the weapon Saren was designing on Virmire. Genetically altered Thorian spores. Whoever inhales them becomes uncontrollable, a killing machine."

"Not quite accurate. The spores clump together. A small canister like this could infect one person at most. But they don't have to be inhaled. They can be absorbed through any surface, even that Quarian's suit. And whoever's infected doesn't show it, the bodies just start appearing." Saren adds.

"So he forces us to fight on two fronts." Shepard grimaces. "Against the one he's infected, and against the slaves he's controlling directly. Clever bastard, isn't he? We're forced to try and figure it out, then we kill our best guess."

For a long moment the room is still. Nobody knows what to make of this revelation.

"This must be done democratically." Udina speaks with a sudden force. "No guns. We must have a majority agreement before we do anything rash."

Heads nod in agreement. Shepard looks over the odd group. Saren seems to have miraculously healed; he is standing proud and tall. Strangely, Joker is standing strongly as well, seemingly recovered from his incurable disease. Anderson is breathing heavily, but looks as sharp as ever. Tali fiddles with her omni-tool. Ashley itches to draw her weapon. Wrex keeps his back to the wall, staring at everyone in turn. There's a slight charge in the air around Kaidan. Udina is keeping an eye on the Citadel controls. Liara is looking at her mother, wide-eyed. Benezia avoids her gaze. Chakwas seems timid, out of place. Garrus stares at the floor. Nihlus is the only one sitting. He's tired, obviously. They all are.

"OK." Shepard breathes deeply. "Let's get started."
Last edited by Sovereign on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:54 am, edited 31 times in total.
WE ARE LEGION. THE TIME OF OUR RETURN IS COMING. OUR NUMBERS WILL DARKEN THE SKY OF EVERY WORLD.
Sovereign
Sovereign
Townie
Sovereign
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Sovereign »

ROLES:

Silent Wraith is
Wrex
, Bulletproof Compulsive Bodyguard!

GhostWriter is
Garrus
, Forensic Investigator!

ender241 is
Joker
, 2-shot Watcher!

JasonT1981 is
Ashley
, 1-shot Vigilante!

Rhinox is
Udina
, 1-shot Governor!

Hiraki is
Liara
, Bus Driver!

Amrun is
Kaidan
, Roleblocker!

Nero Cain is
Nihlus
, Tracker!

ShadowGuru is
Chakwas
, Doctor!

xRECKONERx is
Benezia
, Networker!

SpyreX is
Shepard
, JOAT with kill, track, bus drive, and forensic investigate!

PeregrineV is
Tali
, Gifter with vig, bulletproof, double-vote, and watch!

Toogeloo is
Anderson
, Universal Backup!

nintendoaddict1 is
Saren
, 2-shot Redirector!

Night actions are resolved using Natural Action Resolution. In the case of bus drive, the order will go: Shepard, then Liara.

Some actions may fall outside the scope of NAR. Read your Role PMs carefully and contact me if you have any questions.

Game begins when all players have confirmed.
Last edited by Sovereign on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WE ARE LEGION. THE TIME OF OUR RETURN IS COMING. OUR NUMBERS WILL DARKEN THE SKY OF EVERY WORLD.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

CONFIRM

also lolwut smalltown?

u gon' die, SpyreX
green shirt thursdays
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

/confirm

DAMN YOU, GHOST.
ShadowGuru
ShadowGuru
Goon
ShadowGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by ShadowGuru »

/confirm

This is gonna be sweet by the looks of the abilities, but wierd since we all know each others' roles. If I read my mikeburnfire correctly, Forensigator sees who targeted a dead player, correct?

--Wraith
Hydra :cop:
ShadowGuru
ShadowGuru
Goon
ShadowGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by ShadowGuru »

/confirm from CMAR's end

lol @ no VT's.
ShadowGuru
ShadowGuru
Goon
ShadowGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by ShadowGuru »

Step 1: Everyone explain there roles thoroughly

As far as ours goes, we
can
protect the same person two nights in a row and we
can
protect ourselves.

Step 2: There's no sample role PM. Paraphrasing wincon to attempt clearish status now.

Indoctrinated and Infected peeps need to die and we need to eliminate threats to peacefulness.

Now unless you think we already gained a fake role PM as maf with town win con, that means we are clearish. And we can protect ourselves. Imagine that.

Step 3: Skip RVS successfully once we hit that stage with this post.

- CMAR :cop:
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

Well, I've never had a Redirect power before, but I guess I do something like 'X redirect to Y'

My wincon is accomplished when all infected and indoctrinated folks are dead. Or, for some, dead again. (Note: flavor)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHseWNr7iKk

Yea, I'm badass WHAT

Vig, Track, Redirect are as expected. Forensnics only works on lynches which doesn't make it as awesome as it could be.

I'm going to do some WILD THEORY PARSING but I'm pretty sure 3 vigs + UB = a scum fer balance there.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
marco1610
marco1610
Townie
marco1610
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by marco1610 »

/confirm

I can follow a person at night and see whoever they visited. My wincon is when all indoctrinated and infected players are dead, and all the threats to the peace in the galaxy are eliminated.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

/confirm
Giving of random ability to person of my choice. The ability list is shown in my role.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by ender241 »

**** YOU SILENTWRAITH, **** YOU

Now we've got that out of the way...
/confirm
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by ender241 »

Also: I am able to watch two people on two different nights.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
marco1610
marco1610
Townie
marco1610
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by marco1610 »

Okay, I've never played smalltown setup but I don't think the JOAT, doctor, or bus driver would be mafia.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@PV:

Is your only ability the Gift? I misread that. Hrmmm.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Sathoris »

God I'm glad I didn't get Udina. That's how you get rewarded for picking the best draft numbers eh Rhinox.

/confirm.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:04 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

/confirm. Got my no1 pick.

marco1610 wrote:Okay, I've never played smalltown setup but I don't think the JOAT, doctor, or bus driver would be mafia.

Bus driver (I think) and Doctor I have seen as scum before. JOAT I have only seen as town, I have been it a few times. However, the wiki lists it as a pro town AND anti-town role

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bus_Driver

Speculation on what role is town/scum is somewhat futile on day one as we have no real way of knowing for sure.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:49 am

Post by Rhinox »

Sathoris wrote:God I'm glad I didn't get Udina. That's how you get rewarded for picking the best draft numbers eh Rhinox.

/confirm.

I know, right? The 3rd re-roll I just rolled a 10,10 and told the mods to just give me whoever was left :P

p.s. what does a governor do anyways, I've never seen the role before?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Rhinox »

oh it prevents a lynch. (wiki)

why would I ever want to do that?
marco1610
marco1610
Townie
marco1610
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:02 am

Post by marco1610 »

Rhinox wrote:oh it prevents a lynch. (wiki)

why would I ever want to do that?

In case you believe the lynchee is innocent but town is derping and still lynching him. Or if you're a dick.

jasonT1981 wrote:/confirm. Got my no1 pick.

marco1610 wrote:Okay, I've never played smalltown setup but I don't think the JOAT, doctor, or bus driver would be mafia.

Bus driver (I think) and Doctor I have seen as scum before. JOAT I have only seen as town, I have been it a few times. However, the wiki lists it as a pro town AND anti-town role

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bus_Driver

Speculation on what role is town/scum is somewhat futile on day one as we have no real way of knowing for sure.

Yeah, but we've got to take chances anyway.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

^^^well udina is kinda a dick, so... :P
Silent Wraith
Silent Wraith
Townie
Silent Wraith
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:31 am

Post by Silent Wraith »

/confirm
Mute/Ghostlin hydra. Ghostlin currently playing alone while Mute is on extended V/LA.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

I still havent got a pm yet. what is everyone confirming?
ShadowGuru
ShadowGuru
Goon
ShadowGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:57 am

Post by ShadowGuru »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:Well, I've never had a Redirect power before, but I guess I do something like 'X redirect to Y'

My wincon is accomplished when all infected and indoctrinated folks are dead. Or, for some, dead again. (Note: flavor)

Does your role PM not explain?

And I would think all of town would have one wincon...

marco1610 wrote:/confirm

I can follow a person at night and see whoever they visited. My wincon is when all indoctrinated and infected players are dead, and all the threats to the peace in the galaxy are eliminated.

Don't directly quote your role PM. Plus I trust no one's "wincon" after I posted it because anyone could just have easily asked the mod for a protown wincon after my post. I don't consider you "clear" at all despite you having my exact wincon, but I do consider me "clearish".

Alignments have NOTHING to do with the role. Hence the setup being smalltown. The alignments were randomized amongst the roles. That's why this setup is pure scumhunting as we already know everyone's role.

Rhinox wrote:
Sathoris wrote:God I'm glad I didn't get Udina. That's how you get rewarded for picking the best draft numbers eh Rhinox.

/confirm.

I know, right? The 3rd re-roll I just rolled a 10,10 and told the mods to just give me whoever was left :P

p.s. what does a governor do anyways, I've never seen the role before?

It doesn't say in your Role PM? Why did you have to use the wiki? It thoroughly explains my role in the role PM and mine is basic.
ShadowGuru
ShadowGuru
Goon
ShadowGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:57 am

Post by ShadowGuru »

Rhinox wrote:I still havent got a pm yet. what is everyone confirming?

Oh. Fancy that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”