Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2005 11:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

Alpha: You seem awfully keen to lynch me. I'd expect that a pro-town person would want to lynch the
right
person.... not just anyone. What gives?
And would you please try and be more specific about what makes you feel "bad" about my posts?

The machine: What makes you think there is a vig who killed last night and what makes you think they will kill again tonight? You seem to know a lot about the setup, is that guessing or what?
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 2:43 am

Post by Astronaut »

Alpha has no right to complain that things are running slowly (and neither am I, I know...) Putting a vote and then saying "we're still not at a lynch" does not ring well in my ears. The tinyest FOS for that one.

My analysis of the bandwagons going at the moment: The case against mepmuff seems more or less cold, and Quag and Tally seem confident the other is scum. Easiest hiding place for scum at the moment would be on one of these wagons. FOS: Jaguar and The_Machine86.
The_Machine86 wrote:You do realize how suspicous this is going to look if he does turn out to be good.
I've been told this once. By scum.
vote: The_Machine86

It's day one and I've got little but my gut feeling to go by, but machine has been suspicious all along.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 2:44 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

Talitha wrote: The machine: What makes you think there is a vig who killed last night and what makes you think they will kill again tonight? You seem to know a lot about the setup, is that guessing or what?
Based on other people believing that there was a vig kill as well, I think that last night inolved the mafia, an SK and a Vig. Perhaps someone has a role that is one shot, i Just think that it is that way.
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
AlphaInsidious
AlphaInsidious
Townie
AlphaInsidious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 9:27 am

Post by AlphaInsidious »

Astro, I was only adding to the feeling of stagnance before when each was at 2 votes...

And Talitha, I just re-read the thread. To be honest, I don't think that you seem as scummy as my perception was before. You were largely attacked without basis, and I in my non-posting jumped onto the first vote that I saw. I am sorry for this, but I think that you are probably legit. Your defense of yourself is what came out as aggressive, but this is common among deer-in-headlights townies.
Unvote

Now, for my new vote, I don't like how Quag has simply been attacking Talitha all game. Gonna go with a
Vote: Quagmire

-Alpha
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 9:49 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

AlphaInsidious wrote: Now, for my new vote, I don't like how Quag has simply been attacking Talitha all game.
-Alpha
They've been doin that to each other
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 10:40 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

The_Machine86 wrote:
AlphaInsidious wrote: Now, for my new vote, I don't like how Quag has simply been attacking Talitha all game.
-Alpha
They've been doin that to each other
Course u can't play the game without doing that
Woody Allen
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 1:40 pm

Post by Quagmire »

AlphaInsidious wrote:Astro, I was only adding to the feeling of stagnance before when each was at 2 votes...

And Talitha, I just re-read the thread. To be honest, I don't think that you seem as scummy as my perception was before. You were largely attacked without basis, and I in my non-posting jumped onto the first vote that I saw. I am sorry for this, but I think that you are probably legit. Your defense of yourself is what came out as aggressive, but this is common among deer-in-headlights townies.
Unvote

Now, for my new vote, I don't like how Quag has simply been attacking Talitha all game. Gonna go with a
Vote: Quagmire

-Alpha
Man, I know who two of the mafiosos are now. TOTAL flip flop for no reason.
FOS: Alpha
AlphaInsidious
AlphaInsidious
Townie
AlphaInsidious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by AlphaInsidious »

Well, you maybe think you know, if you are town, or you do know cause you are mafia. However, I don't know who the mafia is. I intend to find out. It was not for "no reason". I reread the thread, and much more in-depth than I had before.

-Alpha
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 2:37 pm

Post by Quagmire »

AlphaInsidious wrote:Well, you maybe think you know, if you are town, or you do know cause you are mafia. However, I don't know who the mafia is. I intend to find out. It was not for "no reason". I reread the thread, and much more in-depth than I had before.

-Alpha
Shouldn't you have read the thread in the first place?
AlphaInsidious
AlphaInsidious
Townie
AlphaInsidious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 3:15 pm

Post by AlphaInsidious »

Yes I should have, and I apologize... I did read it, just that I didn't read it too comprehensibly...commonly known as skimming....I'm in many other mafias right now, on Salvation as well, and I came in full-on posting a little late.

-Alpha
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2005 4:35 am

Post by Jaguar »

Wow. Not a lot has happened, other than Alpha flip-flopping within the span of a few posts. That on it's own is enough for a
FOS: Alpha
. I'm not going to change my vote at this time, because I really like this bandwagon on Quag.
I need a new tagline...
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2005 9:06 am

Post by mepmuff »

I think it's a shame now that quag didnt join the wagon on me. That would have left me with a nice place for my vote. But since him not voting me actually makes him look quite good, I'm going to stick up for quag now in the voting department as well. Besides there's still that wishy-washy FOS I need to turn into a vote...

vote: Talitha
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2005 9:07 am

Post by mepmuff »

I think it's a shame now that quag didnt join the wagon on me. That would have left me with a nice place for my vote. But since him not voting me actually makes him look quite good, I'm going to stick up for quag now in the voting department as well. Besides there's still that wishy-washy FOS I need to turn into a vote...

vote: Talitha
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2005 11:38 am

Post by Fuldu »

mepmuff wrote:I think it's a shame now that quag didnt join the wagon on me. That would have left me with a nice place for my vote. But since him not voting me actually makes him look quite good, I'm going to stick up for quag now in the voting department as well.
With reasoning like this available to vote against, I still can't understand why anyone would prefer to have their vote on Talitha
or
Quagmire. But by my count we're at:

3 Quagmire
3 Talitha
2 mepmuff
1 The_Machine86

...so some of us (and regretably probably those of us among the bottom two bandwagons) are going to have to move our votes. I still don't feel like I've seen anything so strong as to dissuade me from believing that mepmuff is the best candidate here, but I'll take another look at Quagmire and Talitha and see if I can come to a decision about who'll come in second in my disesteem.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2005 2:12 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Yeah, why on Earth did people unvote mepmuff?
mepmuff, post 77 wrote:roleclaim coming within a few hours if I'm still on three votes than.
post 78 wrote:Since there's not even one post since my last, I'm not going to claim just yet. Nighty night all.
post 81 wrote:Well, here's what you've all been waiting for:

no claim as of yet :lol:
Can anyone explain why a pro-town role would act like this? In my experience, once a pro-town player decides to role-claim, they just role claim. After all, they don't have to plan, or strategize, or anything. They don't have to wait a few hours, or delay claiming, because they don't have to make anything up.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2005 4:11 pm

Post by Talitha »

Well, because it's not a good idea to claim on day 1? Unless you are in imminent danger of death?

I was actually happy that he chose not to claim, because at the time I didn't find him particularly scummy.

Heh, I'm having one of those
something isn't quite right here but I can't put my finger on what it is
moments. How frustrating.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2005 9:03 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Fuldu wrote:With reasoning like this available to vote against, I still can't understand why anyone would prefer to have their vote on Talitha or Quagmire
What's wrong with that reasoning? I know I'm a good guy, I had my vote on quagmire who was under mild pressure in total and it would be really easy for him to put me under big pressure by voting for me, which he didn't. If quagmire is a bad guy, I can't see why he wouldn't. This puts him quite a bit in the clear as far as I'm concerned and I don't see how that reasoning is flawed.

I also think it's interesting to note that a bit more pressure on talitha results in both fuldu and the captain promoting their bandwagon against me some more.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2005 11:56 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Fuldu wrote:...so some of us (and regretably probably those of us among the bottom two bandwagons) are going to have to move our votes.
I'm willing to move my vote, for two reasons.

1: My vote on The_Machine86 was little more than a gut feeling.
2:
mepmuff wrote:I think it's a shame now that quag didnt join the wagon on me. That would have left me with a nice place for my vote. But since him not voting me actually makes him look quite good, I'm going to stick up for quag now in the voting department as well.
So the only reason you're not voting for him is because he isn't voting for you? If you really find him scummy, it would be a lot more helpful to town if you voted for him instead of waiting for him to vote you first. Not a good play IMHO.

unvote: The_Machine86, vote: mepmuff

I know, 3 votes each is hardly any better than 3-3-2-1, but I cannot see scummy behaviour from neither Quag nor Tally.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2005 12:02 am

Post by Astronaut »

Fuldu wrote:...so some of us (and regretably probably those of us among the bottom two bandwagons) are going to have to move our votes.
I'm willing to move my vote, for two reasons.

1: My vote on The_Machine86 was little more than a gut feeling.
2:
So the only reason you're not voting for him is because he isn't voting for you? If you really find him scummy, it would be a lot more helpful to town if you voted for him instead of waiting for him to vote you first. Not a good play IMHO.

unvote: The_Machine86, vote: mepmuff

I know, 3 votes each is hardly any better than 3-3-2-1, but I cannot see scummy behaviour from neither Quag nor Tally.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2005 1:50 am

Post by mepmuff »

Astronaut wrote:So the only reason you're not voting for him is because he isn't voting for you? If you really find him scummy, it would be a lot more helpful to town if you voted for him instead of waiting for him to vote you first. Not a good play IMHO.
You're turning things around here. My vote was on quagmire. I unvoted because he didn't vote for me. Please get your facts straight.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2005 2:05 am

Post by Astronaut »

Well, you're still saying that if he had voted for you, your vote still would be on him? My point remains the same.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2005 2:34 am

Post by Jaguar »

mepmuff wrote:My vote was on quagmire. I unvoted because he didn't vote for me.
That's the strangest statement ever. You didn't unvote him because you thought there was someone more deserving of your vote or because upin review you didn't find him all that suspicious after all. You unvoted him because he wasn't voting for you? So why did you vote for him in the first place? Just to follow the bandwagon? And what made another person a better target?
I need a new tagline...
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2005 5:26 am

Post by mepmuff »

I unvoted him because the fact that he didn't vote for me made me believe he was a good guy. I've stated that before.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2005 6:08 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Talitha wrote:Well, because it's not a good idea to claim on day 1? Unless you are in imminent danger of death?
You are correct that it is, in general, not a good idea to claim on Day One. I completely agree with you. However, that was not my point.

My point was this: Why would a pro-town role DECIDE to claim, and then not do it? Mepmuff didn't say "I won't claim on Day One... it's bad for the town." He didn't say: "I refuse to be claim based on the Captain's delusional paranoid ramblings!" He didn't say: "I will claim, but only if there's four votes on me."

What he said was this:
mepmuff wrote:roleclaim coming within a few hours if I'm still on three votes than.
Yet, he did not do so. Methinks that he still hasn't thought up of a good claim.

For a pro-town player, role-claiming is a either-or proposition. Either you claim, or you don't. It's the easiest thing in the world to just say what role you got in your PM.
For mafia, it is a much more involved effort to come up with a role that is not likely to be in the game, but that is still believable. It is very difficult to do.

Is mepmuff's behavior more consistent with that of a pro-town player, who will avoid claiming as long as possible, but will then promptly reveal his role when he decides it is necessary? Or is it more consistent with that of a mafioso, who will promise a claim in hopes that the bandwaggoners lose interest, but will then stall and waffle in an attempt to come up with something believable?

I know where I stand on that question.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2005 8:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yeah, I see your point Capn... I'm just not sure I wouldn't do something like that myself as a pro-town. Dunno.

With Quag and myself seemingly at a stalemate now, and the game losing momentum, I'm willing to join the mepmuff bandwagon. Might as well see where it goes.

unvote: Quagscum, vote: mepmuff

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”