mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Mini Game 2

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:51 am

Post by mole »

The citizens of this sleepy Italian village had all heard the rumours before - their town had been invaded by the mafia. Most of them never paid much attention to them - none of them had found anything to support the stories yet. Besides, they were prepared - many had taken courses in amateur sleuthing and were confident that they could catch the mafia, if indeed there were any.Of course, when the mafia finally made their moves, they soon found out how wrong they were. They'd have to rely on their wits instead.

Players:

groza528
MiriYami
Omega
poki

Dead:

mith (Cop) - killed by the mafia
Sofis (Cop) - lynched
Corsato (Cop) - killed by the mafia
cubestudent (Cop) - lynched
VinnyQ (Cop) - killed by the mafia
IS (Mafia) - lynched
mikegoo (Cop) - killed by the mafia
Sketchwick (Mafia) - lynched

Roles:

3 mafia
2 sane cops
2 insane cops
2 naive cops
2 paranoid cops
1 retired cop

I'll PM roles now - reply to the PM with the name of the player you're investigating (or killing if you're in the mafia) in the subject line (otherwise I can't read it).
Last edited by mole on Wed May 29, 2002 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:40 pm

Post by VinnyQ »

mole, you're a cruel, cruel man.
If you surrendered to the air, you could ride it. -- Toni Morrison
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:39 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Well something seems messed up in my inbox...I can't open my msgs ;I sent myself a test msg and it didn't work either.I click on the title of the msg and it opens up a box that claims that msg doesn't exist.Not sure who I should talk toSketchwick
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:14 pm

Post by mole »

Yeah, there's a problem with the PMs that doesn't let you read them. I've put all the information you need in the subject line - luckily this isn't a very complicated game.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:59 pm

Post by Corsato »

bah @ PM ;
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:54 pm

Post by mole »

Role Descriptions:Mafia - can communicate with each other at night, and go around murdering people.Sane Cops - are quite good at using their spying equipment, and get accurate results from their investigations.Insane Cops - consistantly fail to get their equipment to work properly, causing them to get incorrect responses from their investigations (if they serached a mafia, they would get the response xxx is innocent and if they searched a townsfolk, they would get the response xxx is mafia)Naive Cops - refuse to believe any of their friends could be mafia scum. No matter who they search, they will always get the response xxx is innocent.Paranoid Cops - believe the rumours perhaps a little too much, and see mafia in every shadow. No matter who they search, they will always get xxx is mafia as a result.The Retired Cop - is too old for the amateur spying game, and thinks the mafia will never attack. When they do, however, he will become a normal cop of the same sanity as the one who was shot...None of the cops know which kind they are (except the retired cop), and they'll just be known as Cops should they die.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:14 pm

Post by mole »

Waiting on one choice...
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:23 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Mole:This game is sucking, and fast.Speed it up please.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:53 am

Post by Neo »

Would you prefer it to suck at a slower rate?
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:18 am

Read again, I prefer to receive my sucking at a high rate of speed.And this game just isnt cutting it. Mole needs to grow a sack and start stamping down some moderator time limits.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:59 am

Post by mole »

mith is dead. He was, unsurprisingly, a cop.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:42 am

Finally [sarcasm]Too bad we lost the cop though, bah[/sarcasm]Vote: PokiHe will probably be the most quiet, and they need to be weeded out.[edit]Added the sarcasm tags just in case someone doesnt get it[/edit]
Show

cubestudent
cubestudent
Townie
cubestudent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:45 am

Post by cubestudent »

wow. less than an hour to grow a sack. mole must have troll-like regenerative powers. I'll go ahead and start. I think as a town we'll need to be very forthcoming about our investigations to have a chance, so: I investigated IS (big surprise there, eh?), and found him guilty.I'm not sure how mole would work the retired cop role, but I'd guess that if I were retired, I wouldn't have gotten to investigate.obviously two possibilities:1) IS is mafia, and I'm a normal or paranoid cop2) IS is innocent, and I'm an insane or naive copsince I have the same chances of being (normal ;; paranoid) and (insane ;; naive), my investigation claims that IS has a 3/10 chance of being mafia, and an 7/10 chance of being townie.
cubestudent
cubestudent
Townie
cubestudent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:48 am

Post by cubestudent »

IS: we lost a cop.I don't think mole would really have told us which type of cop died, 'cause that would make the game a little easier.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:11 pm

Post by Sofis »

Vote: No killConsidering the fact that we have no less than four useful cop roles, I think it is in our interest to hold off on the lynching and gather info.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:20 pm

I did not check Poki, but I still think he will be the most quiet.[edit]Forgot to add: I checked MikeGoo and got guilty from him as well.[/edit]Could or has anyone done the math to figure out if we are better off with the no kills as Sofis is suggesting? The mafia will probably come out claiming copdom anyways, they would be dumb not to.
Show

Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:18 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Well, as not to be a hypocrite I better post.First, I agree that lurkers do not help the town.  If the town decides not to lynch (is that always an option, or is it possible that the mod will set a time limit and even a person with a vote or two will get lynched?) that is one thing but until it is discussed (I will think about it and announce what I think later) I willVote MikegooSeems the town should make some kind of logic train:  cube found IS guilty, IS found Mikegoo guilty....if one of these people die we will find out their innocence or guilt and maybe determine the sanity (or if they are lying, I can tell this game is already going to give me a headache) from there.The last issue is who I investigated.  Before I come out with that I would like to know what the rest of the town thinks of that strategy.  I'm tempted just to go with IS and cube as they seem experienced and inteligent, but I check the thread enough that there is absolutely no harm in me waiting to hear from the rest of the town.In short, should the town lynch?Should everyone reveal who they investigated?Sketchwick
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:29 pm

Post by VinnyQ »

Here's the thing with coming out and telling everybody who we investigated and the results, but that would help the mafia pin the sane cops on the spot, but I am not sure if that matters or not.After thinking about it for a while ...I agree with cube, we should all revealed who we investigated.  Let the mafias lied all they want, they are bound to foul up.  That's the only way town can knock these scumbags on the head, by working together.  I might even go so far as to suggest that we all declare who we are gonna investigate the next night, before the day end.As for me, I investigated cubestudent last nite, he appears to be mafia.
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:30 pm

Post by VinnyQ »

oops, forgot to vote.Vote IS for getting me lynch in Dune Maf, punk.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:04 pm

Even though Vinny's reasoning screams im a jackass, he has a point I didnt think about.The mafia knows who is innocent and guilty of course. They can pinpoint the right cops to kill and lie to manipulate us.So what should we do? I am not going to allow myself to be used like a puppet by the mafia. Should we lynch some people randomly now and reveal all our info later if we are failing?
Show

cubestudent
cubestudent
Townie
cubestudent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:32 pm

Post by cubestudent »

There are four useful cops (the normal and the insane)and four unuseful cops (the naive and paranoid)thus, if the mafia choose a random townie, they have a 50-50 shot at getting someone useful.-call IS a mafia for a second- if I announce that I found IS guilty, and he's a mafia, he will know I'm either a normal cop or a paranoid cop. he would still have a 50-50 shot at killing a useful cop by targeting me.first round information shouldn't be able to help the mafia in any way. (second and later round info, might, but it'd help them to exactly the same degree it would help us, and we need the info more, as they've got the advantage in having a list of townies - but we can decide whether to reveal second round info during the second day:)).
mikegoo
mikegoo
Watcher
mikegoo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:40 pm

Post by mikegoo »

This game is making my head hurt.  So if my calculations are correct we get 3 or 4 pieces of possibly useful info (3 if mith was a useful cop 4 if not) and 7 or 8 (provided the retired cop makes something up to avoid a nighttime hit) pieces of complete crap that it will be very difficult to wade through before at least day 2 and probably day 3 (and even then I'm not sure we can do it without the mafia screwing up), but we need all the information we can get.  I think we have the best chance of catching the mafia if we reveal results and the next night's targets which I think gives the town more information (but it could be argued this would give the mafia better ways to lie and better targets to kill...although the second bit may bite them in the ass).  BTW it is even odds the retired cop will end up being useful (but will we have time to figure out if he is?)I think we should not lynch anyone today...here's my reasoning:  if we try to follow a logic train like sketchwick suggested with only one piece of data from each person it is very easy for the mafia to nullify the possible useful information we could gain by hitting one of the people in the chain before we get their second piece of information...but I am tired and this arguement might not hold water.Crazy idea that I'm not sure of the merits of  (and don't want to think through right now): everyone reveals who they investigated the first night and results...no lynch...everyone investigates the same person on night 2 and reveals their results...do this for 2 nights/days and I don't think we get anything (I hate this set up...my head hurts) but I'll leave it in to show Im thinking.Regardless of all that crap I think vote: no kill is the way to go.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:15 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Mole, can we vote no kill  ?Decided to bold it since I want to for now if I can...IS, Cube, Mikegoo and myself are helping the town, so if I do vote to lynch it will be a silient town member (pika-wagon?)SketchwickOh btw, I think this promises to be the best 1st day of mafia I've ever seen.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:28 pm

Post by mole »

You can vote no kill if you like. It will give you more information, but the mafia will get another chance to kill.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:31 am

I dont know what the odds are, but here are some numbers I see:We have 11 people, 3 are mafia. With 3 mafia it means we need 3 rounds to finish them off. so at least 4 good guys need to be alive. We also need to be dead on. So the magic number is 7. So we have 4 rounds to make this right.If we dont kill, thats a guaranteed good guy death, so we would drop to 10, 3 of them maf. Needing 7 alive still cause we didnt lynch a mafia, we only have 3 rounds now. And I think 1 we wouldnt have information, just blind voting.How many rounds can we go on not lynching until we have sure information? 3-4 rounds is all we would have. Is that enough? If we miss after collecting information, we are screwed.Then if we lynch now, we have the crapshoot of getting us some scum early. Oh something I just thought of. No lynching for information would require everyone to be awake. We would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we only have like 5 people being active. And then the mafia would be in there mixed in as well.If we get a mafia though, we buy ourselves a ton of time and its the deadsure way of confirming information. but quiet people are going to hinder us either way. So the question is, should we still do no kills? Or should we weed out some quiet ones in case one of them is mafia and his buddies are running the show? Statiscally, no kills would be better, but is that factoring silent people?Any ideas?
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”