Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:36 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Actually, Cadmium is absolutely right.

Unvote: Cadmium
Vote: Mentat

He was even more adamant than Cadmium about offing puddingboy.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:38 am

Post by RoadBird »

So it seems like we don't have a serial killer in this game, but i'm not completely convinced until another night goes by.

Further more I don't see any evidence pointing in the direction of Mentat except using the word
honest
in round one. The bandwagon thingie isn't a valid reason except for starting another one.

Vote: Corsato
for only posting flavour text. Sorry, it's the best I can do at the moment. This headache is killing me.

/edit

A small idea here (painkillers help). We have 7 players left. Since we don't have a SK I suppose it means we have the following roles:
2 Mafia
2 Doctors
2 Cops
1 Townie

Am I right here? If so, wouldn't it be wise for the townie to speak up so that we have a bigger chance of nailing a bad guy? Just asking. IS whats your opinion about this?

end-edit/
Last edited by RoadBird on Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
Mentat
Mentat
Townie
Mentat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:33 pm

Post by Mentat »

When I voted for Pudd'head Wilson, it was because he was the
only
player not to have spoken since the game started in earnest. It was not a bandwagon attempt.

Corsato and Cadmium seem to be posting strangely, but I think IS has demonstrated a willingness to jump on bandwagons more than anyone else. It may just be his style (from what I have seen in other games it may well be) but I think it is very suspicious.

Vote IS
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:24 pm

Youre right. I have a strong willingness to jump on bandwagons. I do it everywhere. Want to know why?

Its because we dont have squat.

We dont know anything. I am super bandwagonman early on because there is nothing to go on. You learn a lot from them later on. Right now the only one doing any sort of effort is RoadBird.

In fact we should all be ashamed of ourselves. Here we are fingerpointing like madmen, while RoadBird actually tries to analyze the situation. Even I wasnt doing that yet.

But I did so now. Cadmium, you said that Mentat was the progenitor of the puddingboy bandwagon. Did you know that Mentat didnt vote for Puddingboy for quite a number of posts after you started the voting on puddingboy?

I took your word for granted and was looking at the last voting tally for information. Mentat is also correct, he explained his reason why he did it. It wasnt covering up, it was solid reasoning. I use it all the time. Silent players need to go. In fact, I should have not voted for Mentat so quickly. That was hasty in my part. He didnt immidietly jump on the bangwagon.

After analyzing the posts some more, I notice that Corsato is acting very suspiciously. He is obviously lurking. He made a off-side non-bandwagon vote and isnt saying much. He is purposely staying under the radar.

Unvote: Mentat
Vote: Corsato

Mainly because I want to hear a defense.

BTW: Roadbird - im not sure on that distribution, seems odd that we have stumbled over so many townies in a row. I will think about a possible distribution some more. Maybe after today after we get one more role I can make a good guess on that. Others opinions welcome.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:57 pm

Post by Corsato »

~~ Comes out from under his bed too see Sketchwick missing....damn ~~

Roadbird: Maybe you should use some more painkillers. Voting someone for such a bad reason seems really dumb. At least IS tries to justify his vote with an explanation that he wants to hear from me. So here goes:

My defense? Well, I really haven't got much to go on. I'm a simple townie basically. The reason I'm not posting much is the fact I don't have anything serious to contribute. It's much like you guys, but I like to stay away from not so good logic, like voting for someone on the color of his text, or the fact that he drinks to much at night.

But who are the mafiascum?? Sketchwick died, and made only one post last day, and that was voting dor Hjolfret. Is that a maf retaliating, a maf trick to blame Hjolfret, or nothing serious?? I don't know for sure, but it's better then a random vote.
Vote: Hjolfret
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:29 pm

Post by Antrax »

Vote Tally:
Mentat: 1 (Cadmium)
Corsato: 2 (Roadbird, Internet Stranger)
IS: 1 (Mentat)
Hjolfret: 1 (Corsato)
Haven't voted yet: Hjolfret, Jeep
4 to lynch.
~
marker
~
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:56 am

Post by Cadmium »

Mentat wrote:Corsato and Cadmium seem to be posting strangely.

Are you refering to the night posts? We're just trying to kill some
time
during those long, long nights. It was really great last night, but the first night was a killer! Hmm, maybe not the right word to use :wink:. I assure you that this nightposting has nothing to do with the game. We're just having some fun.

Internet Stranger wrote:Cadmium, you said that Mentat was the progenitor of the puddingboy bandwagon. Did you know that Mentat didnt vote for Puddingboy for quite a number of posts after you started the voting on puddingboy?

Yes, I know that, but I still think it's bandwagoning. I also have to confess I'm always voting for silent people. I think it's a good way to get them to talk. But when someone already has a vote, and you're voting for this person too, it's bandwagoning. Like you said yourself, everybody hops on bandwagons all the time. And it's really hard to get info out of this in the first part of the game. Hell, you jumped on the Mentat bandwagon without even thinking. So, unless you and Mentat are Mafia scum, this proves we have to come up with something else.

Roadbird wrote:Wouldn't it be wise for the townie to speak up so that we have a bigger chance of nailing a bad guy?

Corsato wrote:I'm a simple townie basically.

I mostly agree with Roadbird's theory. How many townies can a minigame have? There are already two dead, so my guess is that there's only one left. But maybe the following also is an option?
  • 2 mafia
  • 1 normal cop
  • 1 doc
  • 6 townies

Anyway, there's a chance that Roadbird's setup is correct, so I have to point a
FOS: Corsato

::really hopes he's wrong considering the partying at night::

More ideas or are we going back to the bandwagoning?
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:25 am

Post by Corsato »

Cadmium: Every setup is possible . I remember a game with 5 cops, and even a game with 9 cops op various sanity's. What I wish to say is that even in Roadbirds setup there is still a townie left. So why couldn't I be that townie??

I personally believe that there are more then 3 townies. Why?? Think about there being 4 townies and three maf, and the mafia picking randomly. So the chance of picking a townie is smaller then the chance of picking a "valuable" role. But twice in a row a townie was killed. And the random first day lynch also caused the death of a townie. You see, townies everywhere.

The setup I was thinking about, is the same as yours:
2 maf
6 townie (3 left)
1 cop
1 doc

I think Roadbird's setup is a bit unbalanced.

~~ Is convinced that he will party with Cadmium tonight ~~
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:44 am

Post by RoadBird »

Corsato wrote:
Roadbird: Maybe you should use some more painkillers. Voting someone for such a bad reason seems really dumb.

Are you calling me dumb? Since you were posting nothing but flavour text you were lurking. You could have posted some small thingie thoughts which might have triggered one of us.

And what are you a townie or basically a townie? I think you're scum.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:06 am

Post by jeep »

Wow, this is going nowhere fast. I think I will go with
vote: Hjolfret
. It might have been a retaliation kill... I dunno, everyone is playing so cautiously in this game, it seems.

-JEEP
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:11 am

Post by Antrax »

Vote Tally:
Mentat: 1 (Cadmium)
Corsato: 2 (Roadbird, Internet Stranger)
IS: 1 (Mentat)
Hjolfret: 2 (Corsato, Jeep)
Haven't voted yet: Hjolfret
4 to lynch.
~
marker
~
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:40 am

Post by Cadmium »

I have sort of a bad feeling about this, but in order to keep things moving I'll
vote: Hjolfret
. Please be mafia :?!!
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:24 am

Post by Antrax »

Hjolfret: "tell them I'm doing guard duty this weekend so I can't post".
(He called me)
Antrax
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:12 am

Post by Pudd'nhead Wilson »

*~rots away quietly~*
Behold, the fool saith, Put not all thine eggs in the one basket--which is but a manner of saying, Scatter your money and your attention; but the wise man saith, put all your eggs in the one basket and--WATCH THAT BASKET.
Mentat
Mentat
Townie
Mentat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:58 pm

Post by Mentat »

As I said earlier, I am not the bandwaonnging type.

I am suspicious of the Hjolfret votes. But.....

Unvote IS

Vote Cadmium

because his posts speak for themselves.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:33 pm

Post by Corsato »

Roadbird: Yip, I am. Wanna come to Spijkenisse and fight over it :wink:
Please don't take any of my posts personal. If I call you dumb, I am talking about your posts, not about you. That would be hard, since I don't know you.

Sometimes, if you don't have anything useful to say, it's better to just shut up.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:09 am

Post by RoadBird »

Corsato: At least I got some words out of you now. Thats better than nothing.
unvote: Corsato

I won't post a lot upcomming week. I will be on a greek island all week. They've got an internet café, but i'll need to find it first. I will post. I promise.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:09 pm

Post by Corsato »

You'd better, or else.....
enjoy your vacation
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:21 pm

The two people I find most suspicious are Corsato and Hjolfret. But since Hjol is in guard duty, ill leave my vote with Corsato for now.

I will go with either one of them, depending how the bandwagon swings.
Show

Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2002 2:55 am

Post by Cadmium »

Mentat, my posts speak for themselves? Well, what do they say then? If you can find anything in my posts that looks like I'm mafia, than you're seeing things that aren't there. But you'll find that out later, I'm sure (hopefully after defeating the mafia scum).
I'll leave my vote for now, but I think we should wait on Hjolfret for a defense.
Hjolfret
Hjolfret
Townie
Hjolfret
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:01 am

Post by Hjolfret »

IS, you've declared your tactic in early rounds is to bandwagon, in order to get clues later on. it seems to me it's just a strategy that gives you legitimacy to use mafia tactics in the early rounds whithout being suspected. and everyone seems to eat that. whatever.
you're the one who offed Pudd'nhead Wilson in the end. you've tried to blame cadmium for starting the bandwagon, and then claimed you havn't notinced that that was the first post in the game. ok.
as for the debate about mentat's bandwagoning, i agree with Cadmium. it's not the chronological differance that makes a bandwagon, it's the fact that you're voting for someone who already has a vote.
mentat's answer might have been acceptable, if he wasn't trying to start a bandwagon on me (i had 2 votes at the time) just before he started the bandwagon on the entity with the ridiculous name.
in conclusion i think IS and mentat have the most chance of being mafia. oh, and the little incident that they accused each other doesn't really count. it took less than 7 hours for IS to change his vote. and although mentat changed his, a day after, no one voted for IS anyway so it didn't matter. the interesting thing is that they voted for the two people who were suggested in mentat's post when he voted for IS. mentat plants the seed of suspicion against corsato, IS deepens it, defends mentat and votes for corsato. ok, enough.
Hjolfret
Hjolfret
Townie
Hjolfret
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:06 am

Post by Hjolfret »

oh yea, forgot
vote: mentat
for reasons listed above.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:13 am

Post by Antrax »

Vote Tally:
Mentat: 1 (Hjolfret)
Hjolfret: 3 (Corsato, Jeep, Cadmium)
Cadmium: 1 (Mentat)
Corsato: 1 (Internet Stranger)
Haven't voted: Roadbird
4 to lynch.
~
marker
~
Antrax
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:35 am

Post by Cadmium »

Wow, that's a great defense Hjolfret! I'll
unvote: Hjolfret
because basically the defense makes sense.

My
vote
goes back to
Mentat
for the facts Hjolfret mentioned. And by the way, yes, that's a second vote thus bandwagoning.
Mentat
Mentat
Townie
Mentat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:01 pm

Post by Mentat »

Hjolfret has got it completely wrong, although I can undertstand why he came to that conclusion. It makes me think he is not mafia. Or maybe he is doing a good job appearing not to be.

I am not in collusion with IS. He may be mafia but I am not. I cannot provide any evidence of this, though. Mini games are hard to read.

I think Corsato (whom I mentioned earlier) is still suspicious. Cadmium's posts tend to make me believe him for now.

Unvote Cadmium

Vote Corsato

BTW, I am not switching votes for any reasons other than we need to lynch a maf today.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”