jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Mini Game 14

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:11 am

Post by jeep »

The end of the game was lost in the crash. I'll look to see if I have it available.

Players:
(in the order signed up)
  • discer
  • The Accountant
  • Dark Steve
  • Muser
  • Beaudoin
  • Sugar
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Doomcow

Dead:

• Cyberdork- Mafia Master of Disguise, poisoned
  • Roadbird- Mafia investigator, lynched
  • IS - Medical Board Examiner, poisoned
  • jadesmar - Sheriff, shot in the head

You are all members of a small town. The mafia has moved in and has been whittling down the town. Now there are only 12 left in the town. Go forth and hunt the mafia down.

Most of the rules and ettiquette will be familiar, but please scan them anyway.

Rules and etiquette (mostly stolen from DP's games):
  • During the game's nights, everyone who has to do so sends me an E-mail.
  • Please refrain from posting in this thread during the night. You may only post notice of absence, or maybe a "BAH!" during the night.
  • In the "morning" I announce the events of the night.
  • During the daytime you discuss and vote to kill someone. I will announce beforehand how many votes are required for killing. It is my prerogative to set a time limit on the voting; I will announce that at least 24 hours before the limit expires.
  • Under no circumstance are you allowed to show any E-mails from me or others.
  • Please do not discuss this game via Instant messenger, E-mails (unless you are part of a group, and then only when it is night) or IRL....
  • If you are dead, you are dead. Do not post any information afterwards.
  • The moderator (that's me) is always right; you may not like it, but mods put a lot of effort in creating and moderating the game and their decision should be final.
  • The night arrives when I post that it is night. Once a majority is reached, that person gets lynched. You may continue to discuss during twilight (while you walk home) but you may not post at night.
  • I will be using DP's lynch rules. The person with a simple majority gets lynched. If a deadline is set, the person with the most votes will be lynched as long as that person has half the majority.
  • You may vote to not lynch anyone. In doing so, you go home. You MAY NOT post again after voting no lynch unless you are dragged from your house by getting half the majority.
Last edited by jeep on Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2002 3:54 pm

Post by jeep »

You all arrive in the square to discuss what to do next. Someone notices that some people are missing!

After a brief search, you notice jadesmar lying dead in a pool of blood. A quick search of his body reveals an empty holster and a police id. He was the Sheriff. The town would have surely benefitted from his investigative abilities if he had lived.

A little further along you find the other mising person, Internet Stranger. A brief search reveals a voice recorder. You listen to the recording:

Voice1: "Book idea: Doctors, the good and the bad. A synopsis of what I have found out about the health care system of small towns. Remember to not include the names of the incompetant doctors I've found."

Retching noise.

Voice1: "Good lord man, these are $500 shoes!"

Voice2: "Shorry. I don't feel to well, could you help me out?"

Voice1: "Look, I'm busy, why don't you just go pass out in a gutter."

Voice2: "No need to be rude."

Voice3: "Leave him alone to get on with his business!"

Crashing sound.

Voice1: "Thanks, but I had things under control."

Voice3: "No problem. I overheard your book idea, are you a doctor by chance?"

Voice1: "I am. I haven't practiced medicine myself for years. I am a member of the Medical board. I observe doctors to make sure they follow all the appropriate rules and regulations."

Voice3: "Interesting. Well, good evening."

Voice1: "Book idea: Mafia hunting, by the greatest mafia hunter around. [sings]I am so smart. I am so smart. Es-em-ar-teeeeee.. Ugghhh.

Thud.

Voice1 (weakly): Help... I think I've been poisoned...

Voice4: Hey, there he is....

You stop listening. Obviously the recorder was voice activated. Too bad the voices were too disguised for you to figure out who the voices were.

Woe is the town, you've lost Sheriff Jadesmar and Medical Board member Internet Stranger are dead.

10 people are alive. 6 votes to lynch.

-JEEP
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2002 5:13 am

Post by jadesmar »

Bah! Well, I definitely had more fun in my last mini-game.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:16 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

aside: Jeep, I have added you to the mod list. You can delete uncalled for posts or lock at night at your will.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:26 am

Post by Muser »

Since no one else seems to be jumping in, I'll take the plunge...

Some thoughts on the recording:

Remember to not include the names of the incompetant doctors I've found.

Are there perhaps other, not entirely effective, doctors among us?

Shorry. I don't feel to well, could you help me out?

Was the cop a drunk, and ineffective in some way?

No problem. I overheard your book idea, are you a doctor by chance?

So did the Mafia show up by chance, or did they "overhear" because of some investigative powers?

On the first night, the doc got lucky enough to attempt to protect the cop, and the Mafia got lucky enough to nail both the cop and the doctor? Was it a particularly bad night for us townies, or are there several doctors and cops among us...or just wild cooincidence? Unfortunately, my role doesn't shed any light on these questions.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:29 am

Post by Muser »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Anyone out there?

Well, despite my desire not to look stupid in my first Mafia game, I think I've done exactly that. :oops: Let's see if I get it right this time.

We had a doctor protecting a drunk (role unknown), a serial killer killing the doctor, and mafia killing the cop (a separate incident). Still a bad night for the town, but not the confused scenario that I came up with after reading the post initially (the Mafia killing the doctor and the cop...they did seem a little too powerful to me). I had assumed that Voice 3 was the cop, not realizing the kills were two separate incidents.

Does that sound better? Have I got my brain plugged in now?

Well, at least we've got better odds on the lynch today, with Mafia and a serial killer out there, and two fewer townies. :?

I was going to vote to lynch IS, for making us wait to start the game, but now that's not an option. Someone else want to post so I won't be the only target? :wink:
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

-Barenaked Ladies ("Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel")[/size]
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:08 am

Post by Beaudoin »

Hmmm...from IS's "message", there could be an incompetent doctor running about, who has a chance to kill the person he's trying to protect. If there is, that person would probably want to go after the mafia.

And, just a random vote to get things moving,
Vote: The Accountant
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:19 am

Post by jeep »

Vote Count:
Th Accountant 1 (Beaudoin)

Not Voting: discer, The Accountant, Dark Steve, Muser, Beaudoin,
Sugar, Roadbird, Dragon Slayer, Cyberdork, Doomcow

C'mon folks!

-JEEP
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:20 am

Post by RoadBird »

Oh, ok.

Vote: euh...Discer

No reason other than any reason.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:08 am

Post by discer »

[laughs] Hey now, just cause I've recently been shot in 007 AND Focused mafia is no reason to pick on me here. [/laughs]

vote: Doomcow
It's day one and Jeep is giving me a hard time about not posting. Hmmmmm. Just in case, that means that nobody ever knows who to vote for on the first day and mods hate watching their games sit idle.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Dark Steve
Dark Steve
Townie
Dark Steve
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:33 am

Post by Dark Steve »

Blah,
No lynch
today for me.
Dongle.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:08 pm

Post by Muser »

Vote: Dark Steve
for voting no lynch on the first day!

I'm sure no one can fault me for that vote. :)
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:22 pm

Post by jeep »

Vote Count:
Discer 1 (Roadbird)
Doomcow 1 (Discer)
Dark Steve 1 (Muser)

Not Voting: The Accountant, Sugar, Dragon Slayer, Cyberdork, Doomcow

Went Home: Dark Steve

-JEEP
The Accountant
The Accountant
Townie
The Accountant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:55 pm

Post by The Accountant »

OMGUS
Vote: Beaudoin

Sure it's just a random vote, but hasn't picked up much steam eh?

Let's see what goes on today!
If you're not part of the problem, you're working without supervision
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:40 pm

Post by Muser »

Beaudoin wrote:Hmmm...from IS's "message", there could be an incompetent doctor running about, who has a chance to kill the person he's trying to protect. If there is, that person would probably want to go after the mafia.

Ya know...after considering this supposition, I think it smells a bit funny. I would expect that an incompetent doctor would just have a reduced chance of success at protecting someone, and not a chance of actually killing someone. Is Beaudoin trying to divert our doctor (however incompetent) toward a wasted effort on the Mafia, instead of a chance at protecting a townie?

FOS: Beaudoin
, but I still
for that lame "no lynch".

RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:50 pm

Post by RoadBird »

Unvote Discer
Vote Dark Steve

No lynch is NEVER an option. And if it is I would really like to know what situation will be.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
Cyberdork
Cyberdork
Townie
Cyberdork
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:49 pm

Post by Cyberdork »

I aggree with the above, no lynch is just giving the mafia more time to kill, and lots of sitting ducks to aim at.

This is my signature. So, um. Here it is. This is it. All of it. The whole thing.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:21 pm

Post by discer »

Roadbird, check out minigame 7. The last four players were the sk (me), a mafia and two townies. Without the no lynch the town was doomed. You can go back and read the last page but I think it's fairly clear as to why this was a "no lynch" situation.

In this case however (day one) no lynch is a pile. I was about to vote for Dark Steve but this could lead to an easy bandwagon for the mafia if DSteve is by chance a misguided innocent. Since he now has half the majority, 3 of 6 votes needed, he can come out of his silly house and defend himself. If he does not defend himself by this time tomorrow I will gladly vote for him. So how about it Dark Steve, what do you have to say for yourself???
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Dark Steve
Dark Steve
Townie
Dark Steve
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:51 pm

Post by Dark Steve »

My defence? Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing here, it's my first time, I suppose if someone's going to die, might as well be me. I'm hardly much of an asset to the town anyhow, given my inexperience. Sorry about that, I really had no idea. At least it's just me being misguided, there's enough people to kill someone with or without me.
Dongle.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:55 pm

Post by jeep »

Having reached half the majority, Dark Steve is dragged from his house. (Hence, his last post was legal)

Vote Count:
Dark Steve 3 (Muser, Roadbird, Cyberdork)
Doomcow 1 (Discer)
Beaudoin 1 (The Accountant)

Not Voting: Sugar, Dragon Slayer

-JEEP
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:36 am

Post by discer »

(yawns.....) Oh yeah, well errr, I'd rather not risk lynching an innocent the first day, even if he is a rather foolish one. Jeep, you forgot about Doomcow, he hasn't voted either. He hasn't said anything for that matter which is why my vote remains as is. (eyes sugar and dragon slayer)
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:39 am

Post by Muser »

I think any vote at this point risks lynching an innocent. But that's the nature of the game.

Discer seems to have accepted Dark Steve's "I'm a newbie" explanation for his no lynch vote. Consider how beneficial that vote might be to the Mafia at this point though. The Townies lost two on the first night (two good ones at that). We've got 10 players left, so 6 votes are required to lynch. No lynch would be very beneficial to the Mafia (assuming they can't really control the target of a lynch today without giving themselves away) since it would eliminate any possibility of a Mafia member getting lynched, and result in an early elimination of yet another townie with the upcoming night kill. What would the Mafia:Townie ratio be then? 3:6? Not looking good for the Townies.

With Dark Steve taking himself out of the vote, that means 6 of the remaining 9 need to agree on a lynch. If 2 of those 9 are Mafia, we could easily have no lynch due to a deadline and lack of agreement.

Newbie mistake or Mafia strategy? I don't know (I'm new too), but either way, Dark Steve keeps my vote (for now).

Of course, I hope he turns out to be Mafia, or I'm going to look pretty guilty at this point. Any cops want to investigate me tonight so I'll have at least one person who knows I'm innocent, you're welcome to. :?

DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:09 am

Post by DoomCow »

I am tempted to vote for Dark Steve at the moment, but as Discer said, if he'd be innocent, mafia could easy hop on. Therefore I'm witholding my vote at the moment, waiting for a deadline or perhaps some other good targets...
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:14 am

Post by Beaudoin »

Ya know...after considering this supposition, I think it smells a bit funny. I would expect that an incompetent doctor would just have a reduced chance of success at protecting someone, and not a chance of actually killing someone. Is Beaudoin trying to divert our doctor (however incompetent) toward a wasted effort on the Mafia, instead of a chance at protecting a townie?

Actually, the reason I brought up the incompetent doc role was that I've played in IRC before *as* as, and the person I was supposed to protect would be killed, whether it was through poisoning, a bad surgical procedure, whatever. The idea was that the "protected" person was killed by malpractice, and the doctor wouldn't realize it. Hence, the incompetent doc should go after the mafia and quack them instead of killing the townies (I didn't really get to have much fun with that role, as I was killed on Night 2, and it was a small game anyway).

In other news, I'm not much of a fan of no lynches on the first night (they should be used strategically, and 1st night usually isn't a time for strategery).
Unvote: The Accountant
FOS: Dark Steve
for now.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:25 am

Post by RoadBird »

Unvote: Dark Steve

I'll trust it's a newbie error for now.

Euh...
Vote discer
then

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”