Ningal
Newbie information desk
Ningal
Newbie information desk
Newbie information desk

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:00 pm

Post by Ningal »

vote: cuban smoker

What eillid said. Seriously, you've voted for fishfish twice today, several hours apart, with no explanation whatsoever despite being directly questioned as to your motives by eillid and quercitron. Sheesh.
[size=84]Not to worry. There's enough chloroform for everybody. --the silent speaker[/size]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:49 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Moderators note

I will be taking a short break 24 hours from now, and will be back on-line Thursday morning GL time.

Should there be a majority for someone before I return, then please stop play (I'd appreciate if one of the mafia mods would then lock the thread for me).

Upon return, I will resume play, announce the role of the lynched and ask for emails.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:34 pm

Post by Corsato »

Maybe he is under vote-control or something like that.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:58 pm

Post by eillid »

Unless he became a voodoo zombie overnight or something, I don't think that'd be one of the Haitian's deals. He said he had a power, not a restriction, right? Having to vote for someone and not being allowed to say why doesn't sound like a power to me.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:14 pm

Post by Corsato »

You are a haitian. You have a special power, each day you have to vote for someone without reasoning....

I agree that vote-control wouldn't be a power CS has. It's something ANOTHER player can cast upon a player. Vote-control would be something CS can't do anything about. The fact that he is under vote-control (assumption) doesn't mean he can't have a power.

Anyway, though I'm CS seems suspicious, I'm convinced he isn't guilty. Maybe CS could shine a light on that???
Damelon
Damelon
Townie
Damelon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:31 pm

Post by Damelon »

It could be a communist thing. They're only given one person they can vote for.;)

But I have no idea. Mith was the only person that was suspicious to me and now he's dead so I really don't have anyone to vote for. I'll wait and see if anyone starts saying something stupid.
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:21 pm

Post by Angel Fish »

Both CS and Arminger have voted with no reason. Arminger twice for Quercitron with no reason. This makes me suspicious.

As for last night’s kills; perhaps we have cops who can aim and kill, or something like that? And they both targeted 'baddies' first night?

I'm slightly dubious about CS and Arminger's pseudo-cop claimy posts. Were I an investigative role I think I'd've done things a little differently - for example: Night One: Mith Night two Muser (because everyone *always* investigates mith, and because Muser has been drawing attention to himself, let's see if his coded messages were for a reason etc (were they for a reason? Did we ever get an explanation for those?)).
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:22 pm

Post by Angel Fish »

Alternatively, Quercitron and then Ningal (ditto ditto regular player who is always investigated, and Ningal for reasons I’ll get to below).

I can’t see why a cop would seek me out on the first or second day, not when there’s a fair few other people who have made role claims or acted in a “hey! Look at me way”.

Obviously, if he is a cop, he’s insane or paranoid. But I don’t think he is. Perhaps the voodoo doctors
did
get lucky last night, and they are vote controlling? (although why they’d vote control for two different people, rather than try to get a bandwagon going, I don’t know.)

So…uh
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:23 pm

Post by Angel Fish »

Vote: Ningal

Because he was keen to start with, had mith counter-accuse him for no reason (nice cover for co-conspirators) and then did virtually nothing until the end of the day when he threw a vote onto the bandwagon for Big Fella which mith had started.
FOS
: Arminger and Cuban Smoker. Because they may have their votes controlled. Or they may just want us to think they have their votes controlled.

Pffft, there goes my resolution to keep my mouth shut in MS mafia games...

Sorry about the broken post and the codes: my connection at work times out with long posts, and for osme reaosn cutting and pasting bits of a longer message from word made the codes show up.
Arminger
Arminger
Watcher
Arminger
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:41 pm

Post by Arminger »

All i can say is that my vote is
not
being controlled...

Arminger
Respect is Everything
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by Angel Fish »

All you *can* say?

But is that all you *want* to say?
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:21 am

Post by Corsato »

Angel Fish:
You seem too defensive for someone who only has one vote against him, and hasn't been accused of anything.

And I like an explanation for Arminger's last post (if, of course, he is allowed to tell us some more).
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:28 am

Post by Cadmium »

Two bad guys were killed with a magnum last night. Was it one person or two persons in the same group? It could be a vigilante role or something.

I too think that CS is under someone's control. But I think he can't say anything about it. So the only thing we lose, is a vote for this day. We can live with that. Let's just continue this day and see if he's able to change his vote.

Angel Fish made a good point, so I'll
FOS Ningal
. She looks kinda suspicious. But I'm going to re-read the thread first, before I vote.

btw, I wanted to thank Eillid and Angel Fish for their hospitality. If you don't know what I mean, never mind.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:31 am

Post by Angel Fish »

heh, "being defensive" usually correlates with "being very bored at work and making long posts". :wink:

I was trying to justify my own vote, rather than defend myself. I'd've waved FOS's at CS and Arminger even if one of them hadn't voted for me. Of course, doing that did attract my attention, I'll admit it.
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:35 am

Post by Angel Fish »

Oh, and

Ningal = Female. Sorry petal, I forgot
Angel Fish = Also female.

For future he/she dilemmas.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:04 am

Post by Corsato »

"Being overly defensive" sometimes correlates with "being mafia".

I was going to vote for Cadmium for being silent (more silent then normal), but he just posted.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:40 am

Post by mole »

I'd like an explanation too. Perhaps if you don't want to reveal the ability of these alleged Haitians, another one could vouch for you and say that that's completely normal behaviour?
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:06 am

Post by cuban smoker »

vote: Angel Fish
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:30 am

Post by DoomCow »

Not voting at the moment, but throwing a
FoS: Arminger, Quercitron

He has posted three times so far in this game. Once on day 1, with a vote for Quercitron. Then today he first votes again for Quercitron, and his last post is to state he isn't influenced by anyone. Either he is SCUM, or he knows something he is not telling... Waiting to hear it out...
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:29 am

Post by eillid »

Arminger: Your vote
is
not being controlled, but
was
it?

I'd like to see if cuban smoker will give us a reason for his (3) vote(s). Any reason, really, that makes sense at all (especially since I don't really think that AF is evil). I'm about to vote for him, because... he has three posts already today, and they're all only "vote: AF"? Even after being voted for and asked to explain himself more than once?

Cadmium: I think, if I do know what you mean, that each of us can assume something about the other. However, it might change for anyone at any point (so be careful and all that).

mole: I'm not sure about cuban smoker being one (and if he was, he could now be evil, I think), but I do believe that having a few haitians in this game who have a power makes sense (and it's probably best not to go into the power--if all the haitians have the same one, I'm sure they'd all understand hints).
Ningal
Ningal
Newbie information desk
Ningal
Newbie information desk
Newbie information desk

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:54 am

Post by Ningal »

The way I understand vote control, someone under it has no good reason to draw votes on himself by making the vote three times in succession.

unvote: CS

It's getting to be like he
wants
us voting for him. Full of freaky goodness, and I don't want to be tangling with suicide bombers or the like at this stage of the game (and one never knows, we may have some).

Cow, why the FOS on quercitron? Only because of Arminger's voting, or have I missed something?
[size=84]Not to worry. There's enough chloroform for everybody. --the silent speaker[/size]
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:20 am

Post by eillid »

Suicide bombers! Thanks for making me paranoid again, Ningal. Oy. I don't think I'm going to vote for cuban smoker today. I would like him to start telling us what's going on, if possible, though.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:55 pm

Post by mole »

Okay, I'm convinced he's being controlled now. What does it mean? Is it permanent (will he be like that the whole game)?
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:15 am

Post by Cadmium »

I think that someone in this game has the ability to pick a person every day and tell him/her who to vote for. It'll be difficult to say who it was on the first day though if it's true (I haven't looked yet).

Hey, maybe we can ask CS questions and if it's a yes, he'll post twice and if it's a no, once :).
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:03 am

Post by Muser »

Muser silently approaches his hotel room door. The tiny piece of tape he left near the top is still firmly in place. It appears that no one has entered his room...through the door, anyway. He cautiously opens the door and scans the room inside. A quick physical sweep of the room confirms it...all clear.

Not bothering to even strip from his dirty and sweat soaked clothes, he collapses on the bed in utter exhaustion. A night full of the stress of hunting and being hunted, without a moment of rest, has taken its toll. As he drifts off to sleep, he wonders...

Did I sense some help in my survival last night? It seemed someone was looking out for me, but I can't be sure. I don't know how I could have survived otherwise. Maybe I have found a silent ally. I've got to get just a few hours of rest, then I'll see what I can find out, and start thinking about how to survive another night...
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

-Barenaked Ladies ("Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel")[/size]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”