Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:16 am

Post by Magua »

Dead QT -- pretty empty.

My post-lynch PM to Llama, which amuses me more in hindsight:

Magua wrote:
Welp, I'd like to think I at least redeemed myself for flaking out of Last Will II.

Do you have a Dead QT?

If you don't, I'm going to say kortul + DDD, how awesome/terrible am I?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

And this is AFTER you ridicule me for having Kortul as a scumspect? I sense irony here.

That aside, I still think that DDD would've been nearly impossible to lynch if he chose his NK's correctly.

4nx, I have no problem with it. Mason QT

Though, Kortul and DDD, I REALLY have to ask why you shot Hiplop instead of me.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Hm...I was kinda right. In my flailing at the end of D1, I called both kortul and DDD scum. I was just wrong on the third...Macro not DCL.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1401, Voidedmafia wrote:And this is AFTER you ridicule me for having Kortul as a scumspect? I sense irony here.

Er, what? I never ridiculed you for having kortul as a suspect. He was my strongest suspect and I was voting him for the majority of D4.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

"Sad if you go after Korts if I flip scum, not if I flip town"

Not DIRECT redicule, but it did seem to imply to me that you kinda thought he was toen.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by Magua »

Er?

Let's ignore the fact that I was voting him, and ignore the fact that he was my strongest scumread.

You said, "I'm going after kortul if Magua flips scum," which insinuated that you wouldn't go after kortul if I flipped town.

I knew I was going to flip town, that's the whole reason I was asking you for reads.

My statement is that I was sad that you'd be willing to go after him in the scenario that I already knew wasn't going to happen, but didn't comment on going after him in the scenario that I knew *would* happen.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1401, Voidedmafia wrote:Though, Kortul and DDD, I REALLY have to ask why you shot Hiplop instead of me.

Relevant from the QT:

kortul: "According to him Fishy and Magua are not masons, which may be true, since they were his scumreads. That leaves 3 players as possible masons, and among them SA was sitting on 4nx for a whole day, less likely they are buddies. So possible masons are hiplop and Voided. Most likely it is hiplop, since 4nx is his only townread, and 4nx is actively protecting hiplop for both days, and hiplop is town for him from the beginning without single bad word."

kortul: "Just a quick post before going to bed. I still think that hiplop was second mason, but Voided is also possible (if there are 2 masons, not 3). shutting hiplop will silence imaginality with fresh look, shutting voided will give 2 votes to someone, which may be good or bad."

DDD: "I actually agree with your assessment of who to kill; if we're right then suddenly voided is a viable lynch choice again; if we're wrong basically nothing has changed and we kill voided the next night anyways... The only reason people think Voided is obvtown is that people think he's a mason; if people didn't think he's a mason there'd be room for suspicion."
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Post by kortul »

In post 1400, Magua wrote:[url=http://quicktopic.com/47/H/cZ3imP7y8iB]My post-lynch PM to Llama, which amuses me more in hindsight:
Magua wrote:
Welp, I'd like to think I at least redeemed myself for flaking out of Last Will II.

Do you have a Dead QT?

If you don't, I'm going to say kortul + DDD, how awesome/terrible am I?
The goal of scumhunting is not to find a scum, but to find and persuade town that you are right. It doesn't help if you die with the knowledge that you were right, i learned it from a lot of RL games. Forum has an added bonus, that once you flip everyone knows that you were town, but that doesn't mean they will believe your reads - after all, you were suspicious enough to lynch you, so why should they believe you after death?

You were against my lynch on D3, then i was scum because of PoE on D4, and by the end of D4 i become strongest scumread. But you did no cases on us, so that was still PoE from your point of view. I didn't even try to defend, since there were no accusations. You were right, but to prove that you needed a lot of work to do.

One question to you, Magua - you suspected both DDD and Rhinox (to a lesser extent) when you made you final reads post, and you knew that Voided has them as town, so why did you give your votes to Voided? Just think ahead - if Voided is town he is going to die with 5 votes total, and will pass them to HIS town reads, so chances of DDD/Rhinox getting votes are close to 100%. That's why i said that Last Will mechanics makes it harder for town to win in the end - you have to think ahead and sometimes make not straight decisions.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:02 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1407, kortul wrote:The goal of scumhunting is not to find a scum, but to find and persuade town that you are right. It doesn't help if you die with the knowledge that you were right, i learned it from a lot of RL games. Forum has an added bonus, that once you flip everyone knows that you were town, but that doesn't mean they will believe your reads - after all, you were suspicious enough to lynch you, so why should they believe you after death?

Oh, I'm not saying, "I rule and everyone else sucks." I'm more just trying to take a second place finish as, "I lost, but at least I have the consolation of calling the scum."

kortul wrote:
You were against my lynch on D3, then i was scum because of PoE on D4, and by the end of D4 i become strongest scumread. But you did no cases on us, so that was still PoE from your point of view. I didn't even try to defend, since there were no accusations. You were right, but to prove that you needed a lot of work to do.

I have been coming to the conclusion for some time that cases are way overrated. =P

kortul wrote:One question to you, Magua - you suspected both DDD and Rhinox (to a lesser extent) when you made you final reads post, and you knew that Voided has them as town, so why did you give your votes to Voided? Just think ahead - if Voided is town he is going to die with 5 votes total, and will pass them to HIS town reads, so chances of DDD/Rhinox getting votes are close to 100%. That's why i said that Last Will mechanics makes it harder for town to win in the end - you have to think ahead and sometimes make not straight decisions.

Hey, kortul. I like you alright, but please don't patronize me as if I don't know how mechanics work. I agree that the Last Will mechanic makes the game more scum-sided; I gave Voided the votes to eliminate a step in that chain. The goal in my head wasn't to 'circumvent' Voided like you propose because I thought his reads were wrong, but more to make him try to pay attention to my reads after I died.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:13 am

Post by kortul »

The game is over, don't take it personally, i am not attacking you. That's more like a thoughts aloud. If that sounded like patronizing, i am sorry.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:23 am

Post by Duplicity »

I've been following this lataely and very nicely played scum.

Also terribly played Magua, you need advice from some pro like DeityKabuto to improve I think.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:40 am

Post by Magua »

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Hi, I'm posting to let you all know that I'm replacing in and that I will read the thread and post my thoughts within about 20-30 minutes.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:31 am

Post by kortul »

A ghost! :eek:

Welcome :)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:22 am

Post by Rhinox »

Hey so congrats scum not a well played game by me even though my reads were generally mostly right. Felt kinda like I was running in quicksand most of the game, I wasn't doing a good job of making convincing cases I guess. I was fooled by kortuls posting late in the game, fooled by the ol' "hey look lots of words that MUST be coming from town".
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Equinox »

Mine?