New York 148 -- Stereotypical Mafia (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

New York 148 -- Stereotypical Mafia (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Spoiler: Players, Roles, and Resolutions
swyellowtail,
Mafia Godfather
, lynched D1.
Mastermind of Sin,
Townie
, killed N1.
Edogawa Conan,
Townie
, lynched D2.
Amrun,
Cop
, killed N2.
Empking,
Mason
, killed N2.
Miyu,
Mafia Goon
, lynched D3.
Fate,
Mafia Goon
, killed N3.
smargaret,
Cop
, killed N3.
AurorusVox,
Townie
, killed D4.
redff,
Mason
, killed N4.
Maniacal Lemon,
Townie
, killed N4.
Trevor,
Townie
, lived until game was stopped.
Rylai Crestfall,
Townie
Internet Stranger,
Townie
I Am Innocent
DonJosh
Vigilante
Staeg
jedizora5
Townie
Elmo teh AzN,
Townie
Mist Beauty,
Mafia Goon

Game Status: Game Over
Deadline:
Last edited by RedCoyote on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:33 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Game Rules

Voting
-
Votes must be in bold, clear context (
Vote: RedCoyote
/
Vote: No Lynch
). This is your power, we both want it to be counted fairly, so try to make it so there's no question who you are voting and unvoting. Unvotes are not necessary. There will be no tolerance for vote tricks. Please do not try to play with any technical aspect of this rule. If challenged, I will most likely rule against the player responsible for any voting confusion during the game.

Lynching
-
Once a player is lynched, the game will go into "twilight", and the fate of the town has effectively been sealed for that day phase. The town, as well as the player who has been lynched, is welcome to continue to talk until I officially bring the game into the night phase. The town
must
reach a simple majority before the deadline in order for a lynch to go through. Ties will not be broken by me, no matter which wagon formed first. If the town cannot reach a majority or break a tie before the deadline, the day phase will end without a lynch. This town has the option not to lynch, provided it meets the required simple majority of votes.

Deadlines
-
All deadlines are subject to extension should the need arise. This game is using bankable deadlines. All unused days (rounding off to the nearest day) will be "banked" for the following day phase. The Day 1 deadline is set for 14 days, and all following days will be set at 9 days (before adding any banked time). Every day phase may be extended once either by means of a simple majority of players or by my discretion. By contrast, every night phase has a firm 72 hour, or three day, deadline.

Absence, Prods, and Replacements
-
If you are unable to post for a period of longer than 72 hours, please inform me by PM or make it clear in the game thread. All players have a right to know whether or not a player is absent, and any player who informs me of a future absence will be noted as such. Prods will take place at the request of the players in the game as well as at my discretion. If a player receives a prod, they have exactly 24 hours from the time of that prod to show activity before a request for a replacement will be made. At that point, whomever claims the player slot will become the person playing the game.

Night Actions
-
I will accept any and all actions submitted to me pre-night phase. If no night action is submitted to me before the end of the night phase, the player is assumed to have slept through the night, and no action will take place. Standard night action orders are as follows: Roleblocks > Protections > Conversions > Manipulations > Shots > Investigations

Prohibitions
-
To help ensure a fair, balanced, and fun game, it is prohibited to talk to other players outside of this thread unless you are given specific instructions on how to do so. All players who have been lynched, killed, or otherwise removed from the game are prohibited from making any new posts or talking with any of the living players about the game until the game has been declared over. Respecting tradition, "Bah!" posts are expected, but you must respect the boundaries of the game. No player is allowed to post anything game related in their post-death post, so please use common sense when and if you decide to make one. It is prohibited to quote or paraphrase any Mod PMs for any purpose other than to claim or explain one's powers. It is prohibited to use invisible text, small text, or to otherwise edit your post in anyway. It is prohibited to use the color
red
in order to make sure there are no quarrels over what is and isn't an edit that I have made. I will only be using the color
red
in edits. Any form of trolling, misbehavior, or poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated and is hereby prohibited.

Questions and Concerns
-
Do not hesitate in asking me for assistance in understanding any aspect of this game. If anyone spots any mistakes I may have made, please send me a PM. You may expect a response within a maximum of 48 hours. If there is anything else you feel I have not covered, or have not covered adequately, please point it out to me.

Thank you
-
Thanks to bv310 for helping review this game. If anything happens to me, bv310 has all of the role PMs and who they belong to, and he is the game's official back-up Moderator. Thanks to Cruciare, Vi, Hoopla, and zoraster, as I've stolen general moderation ideas from them to (hopefully) make my games more enjoyable and efficient. Thanks to everyone for signing up, and I hope everyone has a good time.

Townie PM
-
This is an example Townie role PM. There is at least one Townie in this game.

Role PM wrote:Welcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Townie
. You are sided with the town.

As a Townie, you have no specific abilities during the night. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

You win if the town eliminates all opposing factions.

Please confirm in the thread once you've read your role PM (I'll be opening the thread once all PMs go out).
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:34 am

Post by RedCoyote »

reserved
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:38 am

Post by RedCoyote »

If anyone needs their Role PMs or any other information, I will be happy to oblige to the best of my abilities. I think I was able to get my hands on the voting data, but I want to verify it first. I have set the deadline at 3 weeks from today. I believe y'all had a little more than that banked, but I figure no one will object to a clean 3 weeks. Given the circumstances, I will be kind about extending the deadline if necessary.

In any case, I hope we can finish the game out. Thanks for maintaining interest! Good luck everyone.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Post by Staeg »

Is this still happening? I'm kinda sick atm, though.

vote: elmo
sa vrede?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:51 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

vote: Internet Stranger
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Rylai Crestfall
Rylai Crestfall
Goon
Rylai Crestfall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Post by Rylai Crestfall »

VOTE: Trevor
Are there any archives of the old thread?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Post by Staeg »

There really aren't.

Mod: I think mist beauty has site-flaked.
sa vrede?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Lovely. I suppose she did that after she said she was excited to restart.

Like I said, I really have no inclination to continue if I have to get a replacement. I personally believe that goes against the spirit of the game (to replace into a game without having access to the history). I don't particularly feel like restarting the game given the fact that it was intended to be a closed setup. I will prod all the players that have not posted yet. If MB is indeed gone, the game will be stopped. Until I verify that, the game is still ongoing.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Yeah I think MB has flaked. Hoopla took over her game
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

I forget who my main suspect was at the moment. I think it was Staeg.

Vote: Staeg
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Trevor »

Really IS?

Vote: Rylai
[b/]

Pretty sure this was my suspect.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Alright, as was pointed out to me, MB has indeed decided that she no longer wishes to continue. It's an unfortunate turn of events. I've actually had an offer for someone to replace in for her, but I just can't in good conscience allow my game to be ran that way. It's bad enough the lack of history, especially voting history, but I have to draw the line at bringing someone in completely different. I really wanted to see this game finish, but it will not be the same. All of you guys were great though, especially my replacements. With the exception of replacing a couple of people, I never really had to get involved in the game for any reason, which I like. Anyways, everything is forthcoming.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

FINAL ROLE ASSIGNMENTS:

Cop: smargaret
Cop: Amrun
Godfather : swyellowtail
Mafia Framer: Mist Beauty
Mafia Goon: Fate
Mafia Goon: Miyu
Mason: Empking
Mason: redFF
Vanilla Townie: Internet Stranger
Vanilla Townie: Mastermind of Sin
Vanilla Townie: ManiacalLemon
Vanilla Townie: jedizora
Vanilla Townie: Elmo TeH AzN
Vanilla Townie: Edogawa Conan
Vanilla Townie: AurorusVox
Vanilla Townie: Rylai Crestfall
Vanilla Townie: Trevor
Vigilante: DonJosh

GodfatherWelcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Godfather
. You are sided with the mafia, and your partners are
Fate
Miyu
, and
Mist Beauty

You may contact your partners in the Backroom at all times, regardless of the phase the game is in. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

As a Godfather, if you are investigated, you will give an innocent result.

The mafia may decide to kill one person each night, one mafia member must submit the choice to me either through PM or in the QuickTopic.

You win if your team eliminates all opposing factions while having at least one living mafia member.

Please confirm in the thread once you've read your role PM (I'll be opening the thread once all PMs go out).

FramerWelcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Framer
Fate
Miyu
, and
swyellowtail

You may contact your partners in the Backroom at all times, regardless of the phase the game is in. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

As a Framer, you have the ability to frame one player of your choosing. This player will provide a guilty report to any investigative roles that happen to investigate him.

The mafia may decide to kill one person each night, one mafia member must submit the choice to me either through PM or in the QuickTopic.

You win if your team eliminates all opposing factions while having at least one living mafia member.

GoonWelcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Goon
Miyu
swyellowtail
, and
Mist Beauty

GoonWelcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Goon
Fate
swyellowtail
, and
Mist Beauty

TownieWelcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Townie

As a Townie, you have no specific abilities during the night. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

CopWelcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Cop

As a Cop, you may investigate one player of your choosing each night. Your investigations will inform you if that player is or is not sided with the mafia. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

MasonWelcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Mason

As a Mason, you may talk with your fellow Mason,
Empking
, at The Lodge. You may talk both during day and night phases. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

MasonWelcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Mason

As a Mason, you may talk with your fellow Mason,
redFF
, at The Lodge. You may talk both during day and night phases. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

VigilanteWelcome to Stereotypical Mafia.

You are a
Vigilante

As a Vigilante, you may attempt to shoot one player of your choosing during each night. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

Graveyard
Backroom
The Lodge
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I really thought MB had a fair shot at winning this game. The scumteam was discouraged a bit after their initial blows, but MB did well to press on.

Officially the game is a no contest/draw. If ran to completion with MB having been replaced, I would've felt like any way the game went the victory would be somewhat tarnished.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

I'm ok with this. Thanks Coyote.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by Staeg »

MB really did have a decent shot at winning, because basically all townies that were left alive were herrdeeeeerrrrs
sa vrede?
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Post by Miyu »

Thanks for the game RC, sucks that it couldn't be finished.. but crap happens. :)
Hi.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Agreed with above, thanks RC, not your fault that the crash happened or someone flaked. Agreed with your decision to end the game under these circumstances...

For the record, I was going to shoot someone Night whatever and hope I survived til the next day. Was planning on claiming at that point (assuming I survived) and then basically having a 2 outta 3 chance at a win (lynch, plus another night shot).

Keys were:
1) I survived the next night
2) I was believed as a Vig vs SK

Considering I had Trevor and Rylai as Confirmed Town (in my mind), I think we still had a good chance (key for me was not having them or myself lynched so even if one was NK'd, I still had the other to guarantee the win with me). :)

PS - To the group, so many were against my EmpKing vig N2. Did everyone really feel convinced he was town?

PPS - If I didn't kill EmpKing, I was leaning towards smargaret N2, lol. How bad would that have been!?!?!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:28 am

Post by Staeg »

Oh, by the way, smarg: your play was pretty perfect cop play, in what you weren't town enough to draw a NK, you investigated the right people and breadcrumbed your results fairly well. Town MVP all the way.
sa vrede?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

You guys are the best!! <3

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”