mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

The Scummies, 2011... Live! (ish)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:24 am

Post by mith »

Backstage, in what appears to be a very private secret meeting in Mr. Flay's temporary office at the unspecified location of the Scummies 2011 Award Ceremony and Yard Sale, we watch Flay pacing back and forth while Kison stands patiently nearby. Obviously, it can't be that private a meeting, as there is a film crew recording the whole thing for the "Making Of" documentary (order now for the low low price of $18.57 at participating retailers). And Kison can't help glancing at the camera every now and then, despite the producer constantly reminding everyone to act natural.

Mr. Flay:
This was really all you found?

Kison:
We looked everywhere.

Mr. Flay:
Even...

Kison:
Yes, even the emergency lock box. I don't know where he is, but it looks like mith took all his work on the script with him. But... maybe we can use this as an outline?

Mr. Flay:
An outline?? It's a grocery list!

Kison:
I don't know what else to suggest. We don't have another script. Can't we just read out the award winners and call it a night?

Mr. Flay:
Are you mad? What will the viewers think?

Kison:
"Oh, goodie, I didn't have to sit through so much crap this year?"

Mr. Flay:
Look, I'm putting my foot down, here. We are not having a Scummies ceremony go by without some mayhem and at least a dozen pointless murders. Not on my watch.

Kison:
Hm. Well, ok.

Mr. Flay:
Ok? That's all you have to say?

Kison:
...well, er...

Mr. Flay:
Uh...

Kison:
We've run out of things to say, haven't we.

Mr. Flay:
Man, this is going to be a disaster. We need a script.

Kison:
I don't know how we're going to pull this off... Give me a bit, I'll see what I can do...

Meanwhile, outside the auditorium, the masses are gathered around the red carpet, waiting to be excited about something. Unfortunately for everyone involved, no one knows what the hell is going on...
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:24 am

Post by mith »

Outside, Mr. Flay is pacing back and forth while a concerned Faraday looks on.

Faraday:
Are you sure we don't have more time? I thought the Scummies were in March...

Mr. Flay:
No, I checked, and rechecked, and according to the complex calculations we carried out involving the lunar calendar, the mass of a helium-3 nucleus, and a slightly uncooperative goat... tonight's the night. And we're supposed to be starting in... five minutes. Maybe I should go remind Kison that...

Faraday:
Rushing him won't help him finish any quicker... Just be patient and let him work his magic.

This doesn't reassure Flay in the slightest, and he resumes pacing. Four minutes and thirty seconds later, the door finally opens and he turns quickly to the emerging Kison, who has sweat dripping from his forehead and is holding a stack of papers about an inch thick.

Mr. Flay:
You finished? Already?

Kison:
Just in time. I wrote a script to automate all the details and contact special guests... You wouldn't believe some of the names I got here on such short notice. And here's the final script for the show...

Faraday:
You wrote a script to generate a script? How meta.

Mr. Flay:
Right...

He flips through the first few pages of the script, finds the page he's looking for, clears his throat, and...

Mr. Flay:
On with the show! Wait, really, that's the best your script could come up with? (And how did it know I would... Ok, this is... stop that!)

Kison:
Pretty good, huh?

Above, there is an unexpected loud BOOM, and the group feels the ground shake. A light falls from the ceiling, glass shattering everywhere.

Mr. Flay:
Gods, what was that?

They rush down the hallway and up the stairs, turn the corner to the elevator, and... where the elevator should be, there is... sky? They nervously edge closer and look up, to where the elevator shaft should lead directly to the auditorium.

Kison:
Uh... guys? This wasn't in my script...

Far across the gaping crater, one of the fans waiting patiently at the red carpet spots them and screams in delight. This prompts everyone else to burst into applause at the obviously planned explosives show.

Mr. Flay:
Huh. Give me that.

He grabs the script, spits on it, and throws it into the crater.

Faraday:
So... now what?

The Scummies 2011, You Decide!

Who is responsible for this disasterous turn of events?

A. Tigers, obv.
B. mith, obv.
C. Comical third option.
D. xyzzy.
E. A mysterious fifth party.

Vote now! Lines open for... several days?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by mith »

Flay, Kison, and Faraday navigate the smoking crater, careful not to slip an fall on any pieces of jagged, white hot metal sticking out precariously almost as if placed by design to ensure that someone suffered an excruciating stabby death. They don't worry too much, however, having trashed Kison's script.

Climbing over the lip and up onto the scorched red carpet, they again receive applause from expectant scummers and fans. Flay waves for them to quiet down a bit so he can explain this situation.

Mr. Flay:
Everyone, listen, please! Stop applauding! This isn't part of the show!

More applause.

Mr. Flay:
Sigh. Kison, would you...

Kison:
Sure thing.

Kison pulls out his [portable computing device of choice] and presses a button. A loud horn goes off, deafening everyone and causing them to stop clapping in order to protect their ears.

Mr. Flay:
Ahem. Thank you. Now then. As I was saying, this explosion was not planned as part of the Scummies pre-ceremony festivities. We are going forward under the assumption that this was an unprovoked attack by some unknown assailant. That's all the information we have at the moment, but our best scumhunters are on the case...

Kison:
Uh, they are? And who might that be, exactly?

Mr. Flay:
Oh. All of them.

He points at the audience.

Amrun:
Us? But how should we know who did it?

Mr. Flay:
Well, you don't
now
... But perhaps if you discuss it rationally, maybe take a vote...

The quiet crowd at once erupts into a cacophony of accusations, demands for blood, personal attacks... Kison reaches for his [pcdoc] again, but Flay stops them, whispering...

Mr. Flay:
This is how they do things, let's see what they come up with.

Kison shouts back...

Kison:
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THE NOISE.

Mr. Flay:
NEVER MIND.

Rainbow Brite:
Welcome back to the Scummies 2011 Red Carpet, where I, Rainbow Brite, am pulling double duty tonight, taking on the additional mantle of investigative journalist as we attempt to get to the bottom of what authorities are now calling a terrorist attack on the ceremony. Let's run through the principal suspects under scrutiny, as the crowd continues to argue its way to the bottom of this disaster.

Fate and LlamaFluff can be seen behind Rainbow Brite, quite literally at each others throats. Somehow, despite LlamaFluff cutting off most of his air supply, Fate manages a surprisingly loud cry...

Fate:
OMG OBV IT WAS MITH. WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE JUST LIS... ACK!

Rainbow Brite:
As you can see here, no one is above suspicion, and that includes our missing-in-action leader, mith, who is supposedly on vacation but many fear he has gone over to the dark side, or perhaps has been replaced by a killer robot or alien or tiger, and has used his security clearance to wipe out the auditorium. Speaking of tigers, many of the older generation here lay the blame on our frequent enemy of the past. Are they right? Have the tigers been spending the last several years in hiding, plotting this moment? Or are the tigers only a threat in the mind of these war-scarred veterans? Just a moment... Ah, we have JDodge from RadioScum on the phone with some breaking news. JDodge?

JDodge:
Thanks, Rainbow Brite. We have just received an audio recording from a group claiming responsibility for this attack. They are calling themselves "The Eleventh Hour", though I believe the masses have taken to referring to them as "Comedic Third Option". I should warn our younger viewers that some of what you are about to hear is... disturbing... Play the clip, UT.

[Unknown]:
Salutations! It is I, your new Leader, Lord 11th Hour, inventor of UPick, that Mafia variant sensation...
[static]
... My loyal followers have taken what many will view as extreme, horrific action, but I am here to reassure you that this "attack", as it is being unfairly labeled by the mafiascum-stream media, is in fact a revolution. Join us in throwing off the shackles of the Oppressor! We have unleashed the cleansing fire to reset the mafiascum community to that holiest of holy days, November 11th, 2011... Now help us track down the remaining heretics and scoundrels loyal to the old crown of mith. And now, the singing of our new anthem, "All hail the Eleventh Hour"... Argh, what is it, Shea? Can't you see I'm recording something very important here? What do you mean we didn't go through with... shut it off, shut it off!

Rainbow Brite:
Fascinating.

petroleumjelly:
I've got it! I know who is responsible!

Rainbow Brite:
It seems we've had a breakthrough... What conclusion have you come to?

petroleumjelly:
It was xyzzy!

Nothing happens. And then pj bites Rainbow Brite. And then nothing happens some more.

Rainbow Brite:
Ow! Well, the sun is setting here, so we need to come to a decision. There's only one thing to do... can we get a show of hands?

Rainbow Brite reads through the options and counts the hands which go up for each name or group. When she has finished, she tallies up the results, furrows her brown, counts again, and then looks up at the camera.

Rainbow Brite:
Well, this is unexpected... The winner, and therefore guaranteed party responsible for this catastrophe is... a mysterious fifth party? But that wasn't even one of the options I gave... It looks like we're no closer to finding out the identity of those responsible...

Meanwhile, in a secret, undisclosed location, hooded figures are watching the telecast...

[Unknown]:
Blast! An audio recording claiming responsibility, it's so obvious now. How will we ever gain our proper place in the annals of bringing the site to its knees?

[Also Unknown]:
Patience... We've only just begun...

Amrun:
So, now what?

Mr. Flay:
Well, hrm... I don't really know what to say. I mean, obviously the Scummies will have to be cancelled...

This is met with a loud chorus of boos. Someone throws a tomato at Mr. Flay.

Mr. Flay:
Hey! Look, there's nothing I can do about it. We don't have an auditorium!

Kison:
Wait, Flay. We do have these...

He presses a button on his [pcdoc], producing again a loud horn. Everyone's ears bleed a little before he finally manages to shut it off, sheepishly apologizing. He presses a more different button, and this time a fantastic holographic display flashes out from the device.

Mr. Flay:
Is that... the blueprints for the auditorium?

Kison:
Yep. Right down to the shark tank of certain doom hiding beneath that trap door we installed on the stage...

Mr. Flay:
But... I don't get it. It's just a projection. We can't actually hold the Scummies in there.

Kison:
No, but...

He points to the crowd, who are looking intently at the blueprints. One of them leans closer, looking at some specific bit of the foundation, then back at the debris flung from the explosion.

Feysal:
Hey! Look! I think this piece goes...

He jumps down into the bowl of destruction and places the debris into its former home, like a puzzle piece.

Feysal:
Everyone, grab a chunk of rock, let's put this baby back together!

And that's exactly what everyone begins to do. In a short time, the auditorium is... well, it's somewhat reconstructed. There are, of course, a few holes here and there. And putting the sharks back together doesn't go so well.

[Still Unknown]:
But... they... no, they... they can't!

[Yep, You Guessed It]:
So they are rebuilding. No matter. They are falling right into our hands. Once they have rebuilt the auditorium, they will resume their ceremony, and then...

[Still Unknown]:
Oh... yes... of course... ahaha... bwahaha!

[Yep, You Guessed It]:
Dude, you need a new evil laugh. "Bwahaha" just doesn't cut it anymore, this is the 21st century, man.

The Scummies 2011, You Decide... Again!

Which Scummies Steering Committee member will be the first to meet a gruesome end when the ceremony begins?

A. Faraday
B. JDodge
C. Kison
D. Shanba
E. SpyreX

Vote now! Lines open for... several days?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

>.>

I want to vote A and C for lolz...

HALP.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

SpyreX, obvobv.
Retired as of October 2014.
Robotnick2
Robotnick2
Goon
Robotnick2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:30 am

Post by Robotnick2 »

Faraday. Seriously man, stop changing your location! Makes recovery a nightmare... :P
I was mostly oblivious to
Tigerpocalypse 2011

29th of November 2011 - 27th of February 2012.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:47 am

Post by Xalxe »

Clearly it'll be Shanba. I mean, have you heard of Back for the Dead? Why else would Shanba be an option?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:59 am

Post by Tierce »

Faraday. I don't like him at all.

In post 5, Robotnick2 wrote:Faraday. Seriously man, stop changing your location! Makes recovery a nightmare... :P

Xalxe is worse. He had a countdown in his sig a while back. -_-

Also, never again recovering a newbie game in which three of the users have the same join date + no listed location + the same gender.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:54 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I don't understand the Faraday-hate. Doesn't everyone know that killing a Leprechaun brings 7 years bad luck?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Robotnick2
Robotnick2
Goon
Robotnick2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:38 am

Post by Robotnick2 »

In post 7, Tierce wrote:Also, never again recovering a newbie game in which three of the users have the same join date + no listed location + the same gender.

Oh my. How did you differentiate in the end?
I was mostly oblivious to
Tigerpocalypse 2011

29th of November 2011 - 27th of February 2012.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 9, Robotnick2 wrote:
In post 7, Tierce wrote:Also, never again recovering a newbie game in which three of the users have the same join date + no listed location + the same gender.

Oh my. How did you differentiate in the end?

I looked for ISO caches, then matched each post to its owner.
Good grief, that was tedious work.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:56 am

Post by Xalxe »

But I love you for it <3
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:29 am

Post by Glork »

I vote Faraday!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 12, Glork wrote:I vote Faraday!

Glork said it. It's correct.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 am

Post by Faraday »

Glork's obv not aware my sexy accent goes away if I die, though.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 14, Faraday wrote:Glork's obv not aware my sexy accent goes away if I die, though.

NOOOOOO

SAVE THE FARADAY
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by redFF »

Die faraday die
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

EVERYONE LOOKS LOVELY. AGAIN
green shirt thursdays
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Kise »

I paid off them tigers so I wouldn't has to catch up in ma gaaames.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:03 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 15, Xalxe wrote:
In post 14, Faraday wrote:Glork's obv not aware my sexy accent goes away if I die, though.

NOOOOOO

SAVE THE FARADAY

KILL ALL THE FARADAYS!

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:21 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 18, Kise wrote:I paid off them tigers so I wouldn't has to catch up in ma gaaames.

Yeah! And you were ornery as hell about it too!

I've got CUBS TO FEED, you CHEAPSKATE! :evil:
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

OH HEY YOU GUYS I FOUND THE RECKONING VIP LOUNGE AREA HUEHUEHUE OPEN BAR THANKS TO MITH
green shirt thursdays
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:14 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

I voted the wrong poll noooo

ps you guessed it is skitza
To be clear: quack
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Glork »

Maybe I'm just jealous. :(
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:09 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm totally gonna find the 5 of you and show you a gruesome death.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”