Scummies 2012 Nominations (Deadline For Noms)

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Nominate Darth Yoshi for Best Mechanic/Mutation for Red Wall Mafia.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21410

The idea is that certain town's people could gain abilities if they successfully sought out certain other town's people at night. I like that it adds a dimension to the analysis of players because of the high numbers with night actions.

While it wasn't the case in Red Wall Mafia, I think this idea also has the potential to create interesting interactions between a game and its flavour.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:45 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 96, quadz08 wrote:
In post 87, Zdenek wrote:Nominate Darth Yoshi for Best Mechanic/Mutation for Red Wall Mafia.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21410

The idea is that certain town's people could gain abilities if they successfully sought out certain other town's people at night. I like that it adds a dimension to the analysis of players because of the high numbers with night actions.

While it wasn't the case in Red Wall Mafia, I think this idea also has the potential to create interesting interactions between a game and its flavour.

I'm torn on this. While I agree that the mechanic itself is interesting and has potential to be quite entertaining and modify the game in a positive way, I'm a) not positive that it's totally original (it could be, I'm honestly not sure), and b) more importantly, I don't think it was well-executed on the Mod's part. DY has heard my perspective on the situation already (it's in the Dead QT and game thread in post-game discussion), so I won't re-hash it here.

I have seen "seeking masons" where they are confirmed to each other and get a QT if they connect, so for sure the idea's not entirely original, but to have it happen on the scale it did in that game could be.

As far the implementation goes, I agree that it could have been better, but I felt that it deserved a nomination because the idea has a lot of potential.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”