Post by ZeekLTK »

Players

Empking - Mafia Goon

Dead Players

DashiePie - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1
joshuahuskers - Town Tracker - Killed Night 1
Painted Face of Death - Town Jailkeeper - Lynched Day 2
Sleepless Assassin - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2

zMuffinMan - Mafia Goon - Killed by Tiger Attacks (Modkilled)

Mist Beauty - Vanilla Townie - Killed by Tiger Attacks (Modkilled)
chauchaudotcom - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 3
Agent P
mcqueen (SE)
- Vanilla Townie - Killed in Endgame
Last edited by ZeekLTK on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:44 am, edited 10 times in total.
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:56 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

The game hasn't started yet. Let me talk to Hoopla and find out how to restore the lost posts first.
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:11 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Okay so apparently it's not possible to merge the old thread into the new one?

Here is a link to the files from the old thread that were saved via google cache:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8jgiu1lp69lciye

I was able to recover Pages: 1-13, 17-18, 20, 22-29, 32, 34-35, 38-39 (29 pages total)

That means we're missing: 14-16, 19, 21, 30-31, 33, 36-37 (10 pages total)

The forum crashed when Agent P was voting chauchaudotcom so we'll just reopen it with that vote count. Four people have messaged me that they want to continue. I'll prod the fifth person again to see if we can't get everyone.

I'll give everyone a few days to try to go through the recovered threads and catch up. Let's use a normal "night" window of 72 hours for that.

So
the game will resume 72 hours from now - at 4:15 PM on Sunday, March 18, Eastern USA).
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Sorry for the delay, I just got home.
Thread is now unlocked and Day 3 is now back underway.

Vote Count 3.01

chauchaudotcom (1) - Agent P

Not Voting (4) - chauchaudotcom, Empking, Mist Beauty, zMuffinMan

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 3: Deadline is Sunday, April 8 @ 8:45 PM (Eastern USA)
Tigers ate my signature.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:13 am

Post by Empking »

I wasn't the fifth person right?

Chauch: Summarize the recent game for me. Also, why shouldn't I vote you?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Hm. So prior to the destruction of the site I posted a response to Muffin's request to walk through my thought process throughout the game. Seems like it was lost so I'll re-go through everything again as best as my memory can serve.

First off though:

emp wrote:Chauch: Summarize the recent game for me. Also, why shouldn't I vote you?

Because we are in lylo and I am town. If you vote me then scum win. What are your reasons for wanting to vote me?

As per your first question, it goes along with Muffin's so. Here we go.

-------

So initially I thought Painted was scum. Which I did indicate early on. His fluffy posts and pure focus on numbers seemed like he was dodging the spotlight with theory talk. Which I believe I did mention before too. But then there was one post he made that struck me. It's the one where he mentioned that not the whole town hast to be convinced of the plan, only the two PR roles. I had been looking for scum, but I realized by that post that I might have stumbled across the PR instead. I still felt like his posts were suspect so I kept looking at him, as well as any others who I thought would be suspect.

What really got me thinking was when DP posted their thoughts about the PR outting themselves. That coupled with Emp and SA's odd read on painted, I began to think that perhaps I wasn't the only one thinking it. DP, especially, reiterated the fact that the PR had already given themselves away with tells. I at the time, read that as DP having the same feelings about Painted as me. But, that being said, I am also not so confident in my read as some of the other folk. I didn't want to ignore the possibility of Painted being a scum faking all these tells.

So, I went after the next person I thought was most suspicious, Josh. Honestly, I can't really say much other then this was an epic fail on my part. I felt like Josh was holding back, a lot. And because of it I thought he was scum. I totally hadn't considered the possiblity that he was a PR. =/ And when he claimed I was seriously disheartened. But because of this it also made me reconsider Painted. I had already outted one PR and I didn't want to risk losing the second too, all on day one. Which is why i voted for DP instead.

DP was, in my book, a for sure town. The way he played, his aggressive style, etc. It fits a townie moreso then a PR role, mainly because he was very 'in your face' about everything. Essentially, I didn't want to risk potentially outting both prs on d1 so I went with a DP lynch instead (given that was our only other option at that point).

Moving on, what really confirmed the Painted PR was the night actions. Josh was not protected. The only person who indicated very clearly that josh would not be protected was Painted. And given painted's reaction on being almost lynched D1 + the night actions I was almost positive he was the PR. To add on he softclaimed a jail on SA as well. Which led into my suspicion of Muffin. But I wanted a massclaim first. I thought if Painted claimed JK, then Muffin would surely be the one to claim scum. Because Painted, the entire game, was Muffin's number one pick. The only reason I could think of why was if Muffin saw Painted's 'tells' and either 1. Muffin was the JK and saw Painted fakeclaiming or 2. Muffin was scum and saw Painted PR and wanted to day lynch him. (An afterthought, I should have considered teh posssiblity that Muffin was town and genuinely thought Painted was scum. But at the time it really hadn't occured to me because I felt Painted was very overt about being a pr. In hindsight, it was a poor assumption on my part.)

But that is why I kept pushing the massclaim. I thought either way we would have gotten a confirmed scum and it would have been worth the trade. With one confirmed scum, even if we lost the PR, it would make finding the last scum a lot easier (given you now have scum relationships to analyze). Which is also in part why I was so sure Muffin was scum. I genuinely believe Muffin is a good ms player. That being said, it may have been unreasonable for me to think that just because of that, he would catch onto Painted being a PR. I just felt like if he had seriously been watching Painted posts for so long he would have noticed the same things I did. This was also because I felt DP caught it, and emp and sa did as well. But then D2 I realized I was wrong about SA and emp 'getting' it. And perhaps it was naive of me to assume that others would have caught the same thing.

And then...Painted claimed VT. Which, ultimately, was the second and final blow to my confidence. I thought was completely plausible and made me feel hopeful that town could still win despite accidentally outing the first pr. And..I turned out to be..wrong? =/ Yea. So, at that point, I just didn't know what to think anymore. All my reads were pretty much shot and everything I had with the game so far was gone. =/ So, not much to say there other then the fact that Painted made me angrier then anything after he flipped and it turned out I wasn't wrong.

Which finally brings us to here and now. I don't know who the heck is scum and who isn't anymore.

But with the recent (as in before the crash) back and forths between muffin and I, I realized I may have been barking up the wrong tree with Muffin, as I was basing a lot of my case along the assumption that it was plainly obvious Painted was a PR. Was I the only one who saw this?

And next, I remember before the crash I actually started making a case against Mist. Mist has been very on the dl all game and refuses to give reasonings for votes even when questioned. I recall asking her d2 directly about one of her votes and getting a 'nope' response of sorts. The only subsequent posts she has made is her case against DP which let me to think that perhaps she is posting that was in particular so that when she does post anything of subsequent content, it would seem so much better relative to her other posts, hence we would write her off our lists. I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking again.

But, I am going to go through everything again and re-look at AP and Emp too. Because I'm essentially having to start from scratch again.

SO.

Yea.

I think that was as much as I can remember about what I had posted previously. But feel free to ask me more about anything that happened previously in case I forgot to talk about it.
Agent P
Agent P
Goon
Agent P
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Post by Agent P »

my thought process was far simpler...who in my opinion has done least to help the town through the game.

Short answer, its Chau, and that is where my vote will sit. Mist is running a close second
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Empking »

In post 3, ZeekLTK wrote:With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

That's wrong right?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:56 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Yup, that was from Day 2. It is now correct: 5 alive, 3 to lynch.
Tigers ate my signature.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:31 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

In post 6, Agent P wrote:my thought process was far simpler...who in my opinion has done least to help the town through the game.

Short answer, its Chau, and that is where my vote will sit. Mist is running a close second

Wow. I don't even.. =.=
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:42 am

Post by Empking »

In post 9, chauchaudotcom wrote:
In post 6, Agent P wrote:my thought process was far simpler...who in my opinion has done least to help the town through the game.

Wow. I don't even.. =.=

I don't see the problem. You'll have to explain.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

In post 10, Empking wrote:I don't see the problem. You'll have to explain.

Because I don't see how anyone here has been actually helping town given we've mislynched twice.

And to be put on the uselessness scale even under Mist is encouraging really. Makes me totally feel good about myself. ^^b yea.

Emp, who's your most likely scum atm?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:40 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

I've prodded Mist Beauty and zMuffinMan
Tigers ate my signature.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 11, chauchaudotcom wrote:Because I don't see how anyone here has been actually helping town given we've mislynched twice.

Oh I
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 13, Empking wrote:
In post 11, chauchaudotcom wrote:Because I don't see how anyone here has been actually helping town given we've mislynched twice.

Oh I

Oh I do like that logic.

My most likely scum ATM would be AP (definitely) with... MB as second.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:09 am

Post by Empking »

In post 12, ZeekLTK wrote:
I've prodded Mist Beauty and zMuffinMan
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Given Mist has nearly been a second on everyone's list all game. And, we have two scum with zero possibility of them having been a pr. What say you guys to a pursuit in a possible Mist lynch today?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 16, chauchaudotcom wrote:Given Mist has nearly been a second on everyone's list all game. And, we have two scum with zero possibility of them having been a pr. What say you guys to a pursuit in a possible Mist lynch today?

Vote: Mist
- Yeah, she's not going to turn up town.
Agent P
Agent P
Goon
Agent P
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Post by Agent P »

In post 16, chauchaudotcom wrote:Given Mist has nearly been a second on everyone's list all game. And, we have two scum with zero possibility of them having been a pr. What say you guys to a pursuit in a possible Mist lynch today?

exactly what I would expect a scum to say :)

There are 3 options as I see it given two people not responding (have they picked up their prods at all?)

1 - End the game as a fatality of the server failure
2 - mod kill the two inactive and if we still have a game play on
3 - The 3 of us play on but effectively have to lynch one of the two inactive anyway to there will not be a lynch.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Your confirmation bias is working great.

Mist is and has been sketch all game, regardless of his current inactivity. I'm not going to given him a pass just because of that. Ignoring the two just because they're inactive is foolish and also assuming that scum are not in the inactives. Instead of focusing on that you should be looking at all five and pulling from that pool. It's a higher chance given you're eliminating one layer of abstraction.

No, I'm not saying blind lynching an inactive because they are, inactive. I am saying compare all players based off what has happened up to this point in the game. We have what...days of information laid out for us. In my opinion, the history is going to be a more reliable source because that's stuff that they can't change and behavioral patterns can be seen. Plus I was, honestly, trying to be pretty optimistic in hoping they would come back soon but I guess that's pretty foolish. So I'll just return to twiddling my fingers and waiting until deadline passes and we lose.

Mod: Status on prods and thoughts on potential replacements and/or other solutions proposed?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:00 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Sorry for my delay, I was also gone this week.

Neither Mist nor zMuffinMan has responded to the prod I sent out a week ago.

So basically what Agent P said above seem to be our options... what do you guys prefer? I added a 4th option, although it seems unlikely given that it will be hard for anyone new to catch up.

1 - End the game as a fatality of the server failure
2 - mod kill the two inactive and if we still have a game play on
3 - The 3 of us play on but effectively have to lynch one of the two inactive anyway to there will not be a lynch.
4 - Try to find 2 replacements to finish the game at full strength
Tigers ate my signature.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Empking »

If they're both scum give us the win.
If they're both town give scum the win.
If one's town and one's scum then we lynch an inactive. If we hit the scumbag then the town inactive is automatically night killed and we go on to the next day.
Agent P
Agent P
Goon
Agent P
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Post by Agent P »

Sort of agree with Emp but I say option 2

Modkill them both, then it sort of follows what Emp says, if they are both town or both scum it is game over anyway, if it is one of each we continue with the final 3.
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

If neither of you want to do replacements, modkilling the inactives is really our only option. I imagine replacements at this point is probably a no go since this game has dragged. So I'm fine with option 2.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Alright, well I hate to do this, but in order to help bring this to a conclusion....

--------------------------

"Are the tigers gone?" One of you asks as you emerge out of your shelters. That's right, just when you were in the middle of trying to rid yourselves of the mafia, an army of tigers emerged from the brush and ambushed you. Everyone ran to take cover to wait out the attacks, but after the threat was gone it was obvious in the carnage left behind that not all of you had successfully protected yourselves.

zMuffinMan - Mafia Goon - Killed by Tiger Attacks (Modkilled)

Mist Beauty - Vanilla Townie - Killed by Tiger Attacks (Modkilled)

Hmmmm... so one bad guy is gone. But that means his partner is still among you. With three alive, it takes two to lynch. Good Luck!

*Edit: I've also extended the deadline from April 8 to April 17 (see first post for full details). If that is not long enough then please let me know, although I will be traveling out of the country from April 19 - 29 so I figured if we can conclude this by the 17th that would be ideal.
Tigers ate my signature.

Return to “Completed Open Games”