NY 145: Crushing Independent Thought (Mostly Tiger Food)

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

NY 145: Crushing Independent Thought (Mostly Tiger Food)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Mina »

I'm currently trying to upload what has been lost. No posting until I'm finished, please.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

I have unlocked the thread. After talking to the last remaining players it seems this game should end and will end.

Talking this out. I have declared this game over.
I don't know the full story but everyone agreed they already knew who was scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by Faraday »

Eh. it was at least surely a good idea to ask the actual mod considering there are only starting again now? The game was ready to go when she was back from holiday and it was planned on being called a draw anyway so I guess it doesn't matter *shrug*
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

But yeah, with the crash the draw makes sense tbh. Etc etc, Mina might comment tomorrow.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Parama »

In post 2, Faraday wrote:Eh. it was at least surely a good idea to ask the actual mod considering there are only starting again now? The game was ready to go when she was back from holiday and it was planned on being called a draw anyway so I guess it doesn't matter *shrug*

Really? Didn't know Mina was on vacation, since she hadn't posted in 3 weeks <.<
I'd have been fine with a draw really, but still.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by Mina »

Well, once I'd finished editing the cache files for my game, I was going to PM the survivors and declare it a draw if all three of them agreed to, anyway, so I guess there's no harm done. I'd have really appreciated it if someone had at least
tried
to contact me before telling the list mod to end the game; I haven't posted recently because I'm in no ongoing games, but I check my PMs fairly often. I mean, sottyrulez at the very least knew that I was alive. But it's my fault for having waited so long to open the thread. In retrospect, I have no clue why I wanted to finish editing the cache files first, since no one was going to do rereads given the game state. It was just anal-retentiveness for no good reason.

If one of Le Cupcake, Parama, or sottyrulez wants to continue the game rather than end with a draw, please PM me now (assuming farside doesn't mind it continuing). Otherwise, it'll be a draw.

Once I think of a way to reference the posts that were lost to Google, cache files will be complete. I'm on vacation now, but I'll try to upload them when I get a chance, assuming anyone out there actually gives a shit.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 5, Mina wrote:Well, once I'd finished editing the cache files for my game, I was going to PM the survivors and declare it a draw if all three of them agreed to, anyway, so I guess there's no harm done. I'd have really appreciated it if someone had at least
tried
to contact me before telling the list mod to end the game; I haven't posted recently because I'm in no ongoing games, but I check my PMs fairly often. I mean, sottyrulez at the very least knew that I was alive. But it's my fault for having waited so long to open the thread. In retrospect, I have no clue why I wanted to finish editing the cache files first, since no one was going to do rereads given the game state. It was just anal-retentiveness for no good reason.

If one of Le Cupcake, Parama, or sottyrulez wants to continue the game rather than end with a draw, please PM me now (assuming farside doesn't mind it continuing). Otherwise, it'll be a draw.

Once I think of a way to reference the posts that were lost to Google, cache files will be complete. I'm on vacation now, but I'll try to upload them when I get a chance, assuming anyone out there actually gives a shit.

Just an FYI: I did contact everyone including the list mod when I sent the PM. Only 2 got back and one of the 2 said no thanks for continuing.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

Vote: Sottyrulez
?
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Parama »

vote: Le Cupcake

SCUM TRYING TO QUICKHAMMER

SO OBV
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Parama »

unvote

I need to think it over some more, actually. Be back in a bit...
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Does this mean I can finally take this matter to MD?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:18 am

Post by Katsuki »

If you want to I don't think anyone's gonna stop you.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 am

Post by Jackal711 »

So whats the verdict? I gather from the posts that it's officially declared a draw?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by Parama »

seems like it

oh well
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by Mina »

MAFIA

Nachomamma8:
Mina wrote:Welcome, Nachomamma8. You are a
MAFIA Neighbourizer

Factional Abilities:

Group Talk
: You know that mcqueen (MAFIA Encryptor), Toon Fighter (MAFIA Goon), and Major Minor (MAFIA Goon) are part of your faction. You may talk to them in this QT. Currently, daytalk is enabled.
Kill
: Each night, you may select one member of your faction to perform a kill attempt on another player. You may use an active ability and kill on the same night.

Active Abilities:

Neighbourize:
Each night, you may choose a living player to neighbourize into this QT. Currently, daytalk is enabled. This will be a single group QT; anyone added will be able to read all posts made before their arrival. You may not link this QT to anyone who has not been neighbourized into it, nor may you quote from it. After your death, the QT will be locked and the neighbourhood will disband.

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

You win when all other factions have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Confirm by replying to this PM with your full role name. Ask me if anything about your role is unclear.

mcqueen:
Mina wrote:Welcome, mcqueen. You are a
MAFIA Encryptor

Factional Abilities:

Group Talk
: You know that Nachomamma8 (MAFIA Neighbourizer), Toon Fighter (MAFIA Goon), and Major Minor (MAFIA Goon) are part of your faction. You may talk to them in this QT. Currently, daytalk is enabled.
Kill
: Each night, you may select one member of your faction to perform a kill attempt on another player.

Active Abilities:
None

Passive Abilities:

Encryption:
As long as you are alive, all QTs in the game will be open during day and night. After your death, daytalk will be disabled, and QTs will only be active during night phases.

Win Condition:

You win when all other factions have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Confirm by replying to this PM with your full role name. Ask me if anything about your role is unclear.

Major Minor:
Mina wrote:Welcome, Major Minor. You are a
MAFIA Goon

Factional Abilities:

Group Talk
: You know that Nachomamma8 (MAFIA Neighbourizer), mcqueen (MAFIA Encryptor), and Toon Fighter (MAFIA Goon) are part of your faction. You may talk to them in this QT. Currently, daytalk is enabled.
Kill
: Each night, you may select one member of your faction to perform a kill attempt on another player.

Active Abilities:
None

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

Toon Fighter:
Mina wrote:Welcome, Toon Fighter. You are a
MAFIA Goon

Factional Abilities:

Group Talk
: You know that Nachomamma8 (MAFIA Neighbourizer), mcqueen (MAFIA Encryptor), and Major Minor (MAFIA Goon) are part of your faction. You may talk to them in this QT. Currently, daytalk is enabled.
Kill

Active Abilities:
None

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

Bub Bidderskins:
Mina wrote:Welcome, Bub Bidderskins. You are a
MAFIA Non-Consecutive-Doctor Traitor

Factional Abilities:

Treachery:
You know that Major Minor, mcqueen, Nachomamma8, and Toon Fighter are part of MAFIA. They do not know of your existence.
Survival:
You may not perform a nightkill except in one particular situation: if you are the last surviving member of your faction, AND there is only one other living player in the game for at least one complete day-night cycle.

Active Abilities:

Protect
: Every night, you may target one player. He or she will be protected from any and all kill attempts that night.
However, you may not select the same player two nights in a row to protect.
(You may protect the same player on Nights 1 and 3 if you protect someone else or take no action on Night 2, but if you protect him three nights in a row, then the second AND third attempts will fail.)

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

Third Party

Fate/sottyrulez:
Mina wrote:Welcome, Fate. You are a
Bulletproof Serial Killer

Factional Abilities:

Kill:
Each night, you may attempt to kill one player. You are permitted to withhold.

Active Abilities:
None

Passive Abilities:

Bulletproof:
You are immune to all kill attempts. The only way you can die is through a lynch or modkill. You will not be informed if you have been targeted for a kill.

Win Condition:

You win when you are the only surviving player in the game, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Parama »

SEE GUYS I WAS TOWN
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Post by Mina »

(Preview-edit: You should have waited for me to actually

Town

BlackPanther:
Mina wrote:Welcome, BlackPanther. You are a
Town Gunsmith

Factional Abilities:
None

Active Abilities:

Search for Gun:
You may choose a player to investigate. The following morning, you will be informed if your target has a gun.

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, as long as there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Parama:
Mina wrote:Welcome, Parama. You are a
Town Two-Shot Vigilante

Factional Abilities:
None

Active Abilities:

Kill:
On two separate nights in the game, you may attempt to kill a player. If your kill is stopped, you still lose your shot.

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, as long as there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Kise:
Mina wrote:Welcome, Kise. You are a
Town Odd-Night Jailkeeper

Factional Abilities:
None

Active Abilities:

Jailkeep:
On odd nights (1, 3, 5, 7...), you may choose a player to jailkeep. This action will protect the player from any and all kill attempts, but also roleblock him or her.

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

SleepyKrew/mastin2:
Mina wrote:Welcome, SleepyKrew. You are a
Town Even-Night Torturer
(Roleblocker/Ability Cop).

Factional Abilities:
None

Active Abilities:

Torture:
On even nights (2, 4, 6, 8...), you may choose a player to torture. This will roleblock the player AND tell you all active abilities that the player is capable of performing. (For example, if you used this ability on someone else with your role, you'd receive a result of "Your target possesses the following active abilities: Torture.") Town Vanillas and Mafia Goons will give you a result of "Your target possesses no active abilities." You cannot detect passive or factional abilities.

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

Jackal711:
Mina wrote:Welcome, Jackal711. You are a
Town Compulsive One-Shot Watcher.

Factional Abilities:
None

Active Abilities:

Watch:
You
must
choose a player to watch on the first night of the game. The next morning, you will be informed of all players who visited your target. If you fail to submit a choice when you still have a shot left,
YOU WILL COMMIT SUICIDE THE NEXT MORNING
. You lose your shot if it is blocked in any way.

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

zMuffinMan:
Mina wrote:You are a
Town One-Shot Friendly Neighbour.

Factional Abilities:
None

Active Abilities:

Greet:
One night in the game, you may choose a player. The next morning, he or she will receive the following message:

"zMuffinMan is confirmed to be town-aligned."

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

Hinduragi/MagnaofIllusion, Obscurity, Copper, Pine, Staeg, Zombeh-Pug, C-Worl, Mist Beauty, Ellibereth/Cogito Ergo Sum, Bait/Le Cupcake/Katsuki/Demonic Angel/katsukiknowsbest/Pinkie Pie/FifteenOtherAccounts:
Mina wrote:Welcome, ---. You are a
Town Vanilla

Factional Abilities:
None

Active Abilities:
None

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Post by Mina »

Graveyard
Scum QT
Nachomamma's birthday party

Quite a few people speculated on all the missing kills (which is part of what framed Parama). What actually happened was a comedy of errors for the most part.

Night Action Logs

N1
Kise:
Jail Major Minor -->
Success, no effect

Nachomamma8:
Neighbourize Fate -->
Success, Fate joins neighbourhood on D2

Bub Bidderskins:
Protect BlackPanther -->
Success
:?
Parama:
Vig mcqueen -->
Success, Parama loses first vig shot, neighbourhood and Mafia daytalk disabled upon mcqueen's death

Fate:
Kill BlackPanther -->
Failure due to Bub Bidderskins' doctor protection
:? :? :?
Toon Fighter:
Kill Obscurity -->
Success

BlackPanther:
Search Fate for gun -->
Success, receives result of no gun

Jackal:
Watch mcqueen -->
Success, is told that Jackal711 and Parama visited mcqueen last night

N2

SleepyKrew:
Torture Major Minor-->
Success, Major Minor is roleblocked, SleepyKrew is told that Major Minor has no active abilities

Nachomamma8:
Neighbourize Hinduragi -->
Success, Hinduragi joins neighbourhood on D3

Bub Bidderskins:
Protect Major Minor -->
Success

Fate:
Kill BlackPanther -->
Success

Parama:
Kill Major Minor -->
Failure due to Bub Bidderskins' doctor protection, Parama loses final vig shot

Major Minor:
Kill Kise -->
Failure due to SleepyKrew's torture

BlackPanther:
Search Ellibereth for gun -->
Success, but it doesn't matter :dead:

N3
Kise:
Jailkeep Hinduragi -->
Success, no effect

Nachomamma8:
Neighbourize Parama -->
Success, Parama joins neighbourhood on D4

Bub Bidderskins:
Protect Parama -->
Success, no effect

Fate:
Kill Copper -->
Success

Toon Fighter:
Kill Bub Bidderskins -->
Success :?

N4
SleepyKrew:
Torture Jackal711 -->
Success, SleepyKrew is told that Jackal711 has the active ability "Watch."

zMuffinMan:
Greet Ellibereth -->
Success, Ellibereth is informed that zMuffinMan is town-aligned on D5

Sottyrulez:
Kill Nachomamma8 -->
Success, neighbourhood is closed upon Nacho's death

Nacho and Toon Fighter forgot to send in either a nightkill or a neighbourizing target before the deadline. *slow clapping*

N5
Toon Fighter:
Kill zMuffinMan -->
Success

Sottyrulez:
Kill Jackal711 -->
Success

N6
Toon Fighter
: Kill Pine -->
Success

Sottyrulez:
Kill Cogito Ergo Sum -->
Success

SleepyKrew could have tortured someone that night (and cleared Parama of being the SK, which might have won town the game), but didn't send in a night action.

N7
Sottyrulez:
Kill mastin2 -->
Success

N8
Sottyrulez:
No kill -->
Uh...success?

N9
Sottyrulez:
Kill Mist Beauty -->
Success
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by Mina »

I need to compress the restored cached files and get someone to check them before I upload them. I'm sorry for the delay in posting role PMs. This game hung in limbo for so long due to the crash, my trip to the UK, and the disaster that was endgame that I left it on the backburner.

I'm officially declaring this a draw between the town and the serial killer. (Unfortunately, MAFIA are losers.)

The town did a great job early on of suspecting and wagoning the right people, and combined with some luck with how kills/roleblocks worked out, looked like they would coast to a win on D3. (Props to Parama for being 2/2 in attempted vig shots.) The MAFIA MVP was probably Nacho, who was the only member of his team to be trusted by the town for most of the game. Bub's doctor play was too protown for its own good. As a full Mafia doctor in a single-faction game, his strategy would have worked. As a traitor, on the other hand....

Midway through, however, the town ate itself alive in stupid personality clashes, tunneling, and tic-tac-toe games. Some of the credit goes to how well Fate manipulated the town before he decided to interpret the concept of a group neighbourhood very liberally, but I found sottyrulez never had to work very hard by the time they joined--everyone gave them a free pass and continued bickering with each other.

Most of the mod decisions (for example, C-Worl's modkill, Fate and Hinduragi's force-replacements, and the alt-account fiasco) are discussed in-depth in the graveyard QT. However, I'll summarize the game like this: everything that could have gone wrong,
did
go wrong. *twitch*

Regardless, thanks to everyone who played, particularly to the replacements.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Why was SK bulletproof AND investigation immune?

Knife wielding SKs aren't fair vs gunsmith when already BP. :/
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Post by Mina »

The serial killer can't be caught by the gunsmith, but there are two roleblockers and a one-shot watcher for him to contend with. The vig (and
Mafia
) can also catch the serial killer if his shot doesn't go through.

Anyway, giving serial killers no NK immunity is cruel and unusual.

I originally thought of using kill flavours just so as not to mislead people, but then I noticed it explicitly says serial killers don't have guns on the Gunsmith wiki page.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Normally you have one or the other, not both. :P
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 12:25 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 20, Mina wrote:Anyway, giving serial killers no NK immunity is cruel and unusual.

Bulletproof SKs are a blight on mafia. It's so anti-cross kills (in that mafia can't kill the SK and the SK has much less incentive to get rid of the mafia) that you get very similar swinginess problems as regular multiball. There's nothing cruel about regular SKs.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 1:58 am

Post by Faraday »

I never understood why people thought Parama would claim vig in that manner as an SK. Even from my spoiled perspective it was a weird theory.

C-worl trying to use this game (by claiming scum here in another game) was probably one of the worst things I've ever seen.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 2:38 am

Post by Faraday »

Fyi I thought toon fighter could have coasted on the bus if he'd not...went and claimed non VT for no reason.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”