NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:05 am

Post by Code_X »

In post 2600, andrew94 wrote:Going to tell you idiots the mafia

mafia
1) maxwell
2) fakegod
3) ohgodmylife

if ohgodmylife is mafia pr
1) maxwell
2) fakegod
3) maxous

Maybe he is just that good.............
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:07 am

Post by maxwell »

Him postulating that OGML was a scum PR is pretty god damn suspect, although I come from epicmafia, where cheating is practically the norm, so.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

epicmafia lets people cheat? WTF?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:14 am

Post by Psyche »

Sorry. I'm not good at this.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:17 am

Post by maxwell »

No Nero, it's against the rules, they just do it anyway because when you can get a 20x20 .png of a trophy on your profile for winning at mafia, people suddenly feel the need to cheat like crazy. I came here to get away from that. Crazy world.

it's okay, psyche. it's okay. it happens.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3278, Psyche wrote:Sorry. I'm not good at this.

troll alt Junpie thinks you are!!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:33 am

Post by Psyche »

Huh?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Short notes about the game:
There is no need to go into details, but the short of it is when Andrew was suspected of cheating, he was forced replaced. This is not an indication of guilt, but an attempt on my part to keep game enjoyable for all. I know some may not be happy with the decision, but it was mine alone to make and I bear the full burden of any consequences.
My goal was to keep the game pure for those alive and playing in it at the time.
Feelings after the game can be sorted out, but while you were alive and playing, I wanted the tension to exist and for players to enjoy the effort of catching scum or eluding town.
I feel this goal was successful, but am willing to listen to criticism on how I should have done things differently.

Originally the game included a miller, but I was talked into dropping that for a VT. The review thread was pretty back and forth, but I really wanted to see the power of a six man mafia team. And I wanted the basic roles in there. I also wanted a Universal Backup, to see how that played out.
Based on setup, I felt the town had a good (read: better than 50%) chance of winning.
Once roles were assigned, that dropped somewhat (read: a lot).
Once the first night passed, I had scum at a 70% chance of winning.
This later swung back towards town.
In the end, I think that balance was there, considering it went down to the wire.
A very enjoyable game to watch the last few days.

Thank you to all the replacements that filled in. This was one of the hardest aspects of modding a game this size. Quilford filling in for DV with 100 pages and then being nighkilled was the toughest, but many people still came through for me, and for that I thank you.

Antihero had 50% of the mafia team early game, which impressed me.
Nero later makes a pretty accurate LLD case, which didn't go anywhere but did identify her as mafia where everyone pretty much had her as town.

The FakeGod lynch on day4 required 8 to lynch. 4 of those were mafia. I wonder how things might have been different if FakeGod hadn't been bussed. This would have been even more relevant had town won.

LLD made some executive changes to night actions that really helped the mafia team, especially night 1 and night 2.

I felt bad for the masons getting both killed so early, and then Gunny taking over the empty QT. It's funny that it did happen that way, in hindsight, but that took away some town power.

Special thanks to Amrun for her help! You can have dibs on my next large game! :wink:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:38 am

Post by Code_X »

PV - I think you did the right thing regards just replacing him - none of us alive assumed anything sinister was going on (or I didn't anyway). I'd be have more annoyed if the game was abandoned. A tough spot for all concerned really but I'm glad you kept it going even though we ballsed it up.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:41 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 3282, PeregrineV wrote:The FakeGod lynch on day4 required 8 to lynch. 4 of those were mafia. I wonder how things might have been different if FakeGod hadn't been bussed. This would have been even more relevant had town won.

It is worth noting that by the end of the day we were desperate to keep OGML alive for at least one more night - it ended up not mattering because rach's investigation target died that night anyway, but the possibility of another cop investigation going through scared me a lot, and probably the rest of the team as well.

But yeah, I should have voted benmage earlier that day rather than trying to avoid the wagon, lesson learned, etc
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3281, Psyche wrote:Huh?

In the dead qt he said you were an upper tier quality player or some shit.

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Maxous »

Once roles were assigned, that dropped somewhat (read: a lot).

Hmm, imo the biggest problem for the scum team in the game was too many of the mislynchable town players got important must kill PR's.
So we had to leave the stronger players alive and... well got screwed over in the latter half of the game.

ftr I agree with your decision re:Andrew

Maxwell's arguments in LYLO was excellent though and he really carried the scum-team from D5 ownwards, coming up with the FBI fakeclaim too.

Ben was particulary good too, Day 4 ownwards (and he made sure we knew it :P ) but was real impressed with how Max won this for us ^_____^
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Maxous »

by the way that Jack of all trades could of ripped the scum-team apart by it'self

Holy smurf!
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 3285, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3281, Psyche wrote:Huh?

In the dead qt he said you were an upper tier quality player or some shit.

Oh. Sorry for not living up.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am

Post by Amrun »

This game had a ridiculous amount of issues - crazy! I'm glad to see it successfully conclude.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 am

Post by RachMarie »

uggh if I had not gotten roleblocked grrr or if I had not died when I did It was quite a challenge stepping into replace with so many pages and so on. I and my predecessor were roleblocked quite well and of course LLD being a GF helped. Big Kudos to the scum team for pulling it off. Usually fake claiming backfires on the scum, but Maxwell pulled it off well. It must have been agonizing for Psyche and DLG trying to figure it out. I have been in Lylo before and sometimes guessed right sometimes did not, it is a tough position to be in.

I was able to replace in because ya all had already lynched the hydra that included my bf NS (we have found that we can't play in the same game since our computers are close together in the bedroom.) I had fun with this game and wished life had not been so topsy turvy when playing it.

A BIG Kudos to the mod the flavor was wonderful ♥
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I like the setup. Very, very power heavy on both sides, but scum should have seen the amount of town power coming from a mile away with three power roles out of six (six!) mafia, and the fact that we didn't almost cost the game. And yes, that jack of all trades, holy cow what a monster. Very lucky he got killed without claiming results.

Maxwell wins scum MVP imo for the great fakeclaim and of course pulling out the win in lylo. Hell, he would have been mvp just for replacing the utterly useless shotty. I felt like a burden to my team most of the time, I have just never been very comfortable playing as scum and I think it shows. The fakegod bus was definitely a desperation play to keep me alive one more night to roleblock, but it turned out the vig couldn't be RBed anyway so doh.

GG all, it was fun.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

Great job modding PV, and sorry for replacing out, and sorry to Quil about how things turned out.

And yeah, I felt as if I really should have been able to use the JOAT powers better, but ended up having nothing of use. I really thought that someone would at least visit TML Night 2! Any advice on what I could have done differently?

Also, well done to the scum! :)
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:08 am

Post by DLG »

Ahh, this wasn't Psyche's or Code_X's fault. It was pretty much mine.

Psyche was right, and I forced the issue. Next time I'm in LyLo, I'm going to convince myself who's scum and vote the other way.

Without a doubt I should have known what the Benmage kill meant. That should have meant more than Code_X's tentativeness, but I wrapped myself up in the might be's instead of just going with the obvious answer.

@ PeregrineV
I loved the flavor. Top notch work, and made the game experience that much more fun.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:23 am

Post by Benmage »

Sigh..

Scum had this game on lockdown. But town had such a strong surge. It was painful to see this become a loss.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Ben you did Awesome ♥
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

maxwell, why are you so ashamed of your own play when you got me my first scum win in about two years?

Also, interesting piece of trivia: I won the other game where I self-hammered as scum, too. (On the other hand, I've lost every other game where I've been lynched while self-voting.)

By self-hammering, I wanted to create as much confusion as possible, and I honestly don't think that worked too well. My remaining scumbuddies were reluctant to keep pushing Benmage after that and the FBI claim was center stage.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by maxwell »

I just feel like I didn't play the game I wanted to play even if I did end up winning.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

This game should have been called a draw.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I was useless.

Q.Q
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”