Mini 1333: Terror in the Parlour (Game Over)

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Mini 1333: Terror in the Parlour (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2012 5:10 am

Post by callforjudgement »

The game's over. I've spoilered this post to avoid spoiling the result for people who want to read it from the start, but here's the player list, and how they died:

Spoiler: Flips
Nikanor (Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1)
implosion (Vanilla Townie, died Night 1)
vijay2vasandani (Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 2)
havingfitz
Shotty to the Body
(JOAT (Cop*1, Neighbourizer*1), died Night 2)
Code_X (Mafia Goon, lynched Day 3)
Oso (Town Mason, died Night 3)
Robbnva (Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 4)
splitfarvle (Town Mason, died Night 4)
Nero Cain
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
(Mafia Goon, lynched Day 5)
triangle123 (Vanilla Townie, died Night 6)
YYR
gorckat
(Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 6)
Tierce
ConfidAnon
(Vanilla Townie, endgamed Day 6)
zoraster (Mafia Goon, survived)
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:32 am, edited 40 times in total.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2012 5:18 am

Rules

Fair play

1. All sitewide rules apply.
2. Play to win. It's more fun to win fairly than if your opponents throw the game.
3. Don't quote things that aren't public knowledge, or make use of the exact wording or metadata like timestamps of private communication. (It's OK to paraphrase the meaning. Just not to use things like wording as evidence that you're not faking the communication.)
4. Don't use hidden or small text, cryptography, or provable randomness. (Breadcrumbs are OK.)
5. Until this game is over, don't discuss it anywhere but this thread, or other locations I specifically allow you to discuss it in. If I send you a link to a place where you can discuss the game privately, keep that link secret until the game is over. (And if someone tries to contact you about this game and they shouldn't be doing so, let me or a list mod know immediately.)
6. Dead players (i.e. players who have been lynched or killed) shouldn't post (not here, nor in places their role PM allows them to, nor in unrelated areas). I will create a QuickTopic that dead players can use to discuss the game if they wish, and give the link to players when they die.
7. Don't pretend to break a rule, even if you aren't actually breaking another rule. (For instance, you can't post your role PM publicly; so don't post a fake role PM publicly either.)
8. Please try to stay civil. It's not fun having a game thread full of insults and personal attacks.
9. Don't try to gain an advantage from rulebreaking, either yours or another player's. (This doesn't mean you shouldn't report it if you see it happens; just don't try to use it as a weapon.) If players break rules, I will try to resolve the situation in a way that preserves the balance of the game. (This means that if you're trying to use a breaking strategy that depends on deliberately getting modkilled, don't expect it to work.)
10. Don't pretend to take day actions you can't actually take. That is, don't vote unless you can vote, don't attempt to daykill someone unless your role actually allows you to daykill someone, etc.

Administrative

11. Day deadlines will be two weeks long. Night deadlines will be 72 hours long. I will let you know the deadlines in each vote count.
12. If players need to be replaced, deadlines will be extended accordingly; days will not end due to deadlines within 72 hours of a player replacing in, nor nights within 24 hours of a player replacing in.
13. If you find you don't have enough time to play the game, let me know and I'll try to find a replacement. (But that makes the game worse for everyone, so try to avoid doing that.)
14. If you want to replace into this game, let me know by PM. In an ideal world, nobody would ever replace out and your request would be pointless, but in practice it's pretty rare for that to actually happen. I'll let you know when a slot becomes free.
15. If you don't post for 72 hours, you will be prodded; if you don't respond to a prod by posting in the thread within 48 hours, are prodded twice in a game day, or are prodded three times overall, I will begin looking for a replacement, and you will be replaced out when I find one, unless you post in the thread before I find one.
16. If the number of players voting for a player doesn't match the number of votes on that player, I will make that clear in the vote count. If you see a discrepancy without an obvious sign that it's deliberate, it's an accident; please let me know so that I can fix the vote count.
17. Your role PM requires you to confirm that you're willing to play when the game starts. The game will start when 80% or more of the player list (for a 13 player game, that's 11 players) have confirmed.
18. If you are required to take an action, but don't submit one, the moderator will choose your targets for you randomly.
19. Should something go wrong, please contact me or a list mod. If I should need to be replaced for any reason, Papa Zito knows where to find details of the setup, and can appoint a backup mod.

Setup

20. This game will start with a day phase, then alternate between night and day phases until the game ends.
21. During day phases, each player can vote to lynch themself or another player, or to no-lynch. You can change or retract your vote as often as you like, but can only have one vote out at a time. Votes will be reset at the start of each day.
22. I don't require players to unvote; voting will implicitly remove any previous vote you might have. However, consider explicitly unvoting anyway as a courtesy to the other players.
23. To vote, I recommend using the [vo​te][/vote] tags, which look like this:VOTE: callforjudgement. (There is a similar tag for unvoting.) I will accept anything that I notice that looks like a vote, though. (If you're going to boldvote, make life easier for people by putting it on a line of its own.)
24. Day will end when a majority of players (that is, more than half) are voting for the same person. That player will be lynched and removed from the game, no longer counting as alive. Then a night phase will start.
25. Day will also end at deadline, or if half or more of the players are voting for No Lynch. In these circumstances, nobody will be lynched, but a night phase will start anyway.
26. During a night phase, this thread will be locked, and players who can take actions overnight can take them by PMing me with the action they want to take. (Anti-town players who have a QuickTopic to communicate in can alternatively take night actions by posting them in bold in their QuickTopic.) All night actions will be resolved simultaneously at the end of the night, using Natural Action Resolution (in the usual case where there are no conflicts between actions, this means resolving each action after actions that affect it). Note that killing a player does not prevent them taking actions that night. Night phases end at deadline.
27. As a Mini Normal game, the exact details of this game's setup are not public. However, you do know the following facts about the setup:
  • At least 12 of the 13 players have an explicitly normal role, from the following list: Vanilla Townie, Sane Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, Roleblocker, Mason, Innocent Child, Jailkeeper, Tracker, Watcher, Gunsmith, Miller, Bodyguard, Role Cop, Doublevoter, Hider, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Jack of All Trades, Serial Killer, Mafia Goon, Mafia Traitor, Mafia Godfather, Mafia Framer, Mafia-aligned versions of above roles, possibly with an explicitly normal modifier: Even/Odd Night, Non-Consecutive Night, X-Shot, Bulletproof, Neighbor, Compulsive, Macho, Weak, Backup (with or without primary role present). It is possible that all 13 players have a role on this list; it is also possible that the 13th player has some other role.
  • There are either 1 or 2 anti-town factions consisting of 2 or more players; and either 0 or 1 anti-town factions consisting of a single player.
  • The only possible win conditions are the Town, Mafia/Werewolf, Traitor, and Serial Killer win conditions. (So no jesters, lynchers, survivors, or cults.)
  • At least 1 player will get the Vanilla Townie role PM, which looks like this (with the name changed):
    Welcome,
    callforjudgement
    . You are a
    Vanilla Townie

During the day, you may discuss the game with the other players in the game thread.

You have no special abilities.

You are aligned with the town. You win when all living players are aligned with the town, even if you are dead yourself.

Confirm by PMing a summary of your role to callforjudgement.

28. When a player dies, details of their role, alignment, and any modifiers will be posted in-thread.
Last edited by callforjudgement on Fri May 04, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2012 5:19 am

(As a Normal game, flavour has no effect on the game.)

After hours of eating and some rather good wine, the party was in full swing. The light was fading; but a massive snowstorm had whipped up outside, making nobody inclined to leave. They had grown tired of talk, and bored of cards, but there was still time to have fun. So they went down to the parlour, agreed some rules, shuffled up a deck to randomize the roles, and sat down for a friendly game of Mafia.

Such a pity that not all of them were so friendly…
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Sorry about the delay starting, I'm having technical problems unlocking the thread. Once it's unlocked, I'll change the deadline based on the time the thread actually gets unlocked…

…and we're off. These mod tools need to come with instructions :)
scum
town
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:16 am

Post by zoraster »

Good morning, friends
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:37 am

Post by Code_X »

Afternoon!

Vote: Shotty to the Body

Obvious scum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:48 am

Post by Robbnva »

Great to be back playing mafia again.

vote: Zoraster

Obvious attempt at buddying everyone is obvious
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:49 am

Post by zoraster »

but i want to be your friend?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 2:11 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Hurtful Code-X, this is the greeting I get after I don't even know how long?

VOTE: Nikanor Hey Nik good to see you again. :D
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 2:21 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

VOTE: Robbnva

Clowns are kind of creepy.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 3:18 am

Post by Oso »

Howdy folks. Good to be back playing again.

VOTE: implosion

Explosions are much more fun to watch.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 3:33 am

Post by gorckat »

vote: implosion
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 5:13 am

Post by vijay2vasandani »

VOTE: code x

/confirm if I still need to.
coming back after a 3 year break.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 5:20 am

Post by implosion »

I had a dream last night that I was a dayvig who shot MUCH EARLIER than I should have, and that the person who i hit wound up flipping mafia computer hacker (a role from IRC).

Needless to say, I was happy.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Robbnva »

Damn I still have that old clown avatar? That was so 2 years ago...

vote: implosion

Rvs bandwagons are fun
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 am

Post by triangle123 »

Vote: Vijay
for having a signature longer than his post. It's a clear sign of scumminess.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 9:30 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote: gorckat.

For not typing anything with his random vote. Very slight scumtell.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 10:36 am

Vote Count
With 13 alive it is 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Sat 19 May 12:11pm UTC (automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-05-19 12:11:00))
scum
town
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by gorckat »

unvote
vote: Nikanor

And this scumtell has worked exactly how many times?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Zero times, but you have to start somewhere.

Why do you think that was worthy of a vote? Do you think that placing an OMGUS vote will earn you the ire of some of the other players?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by gorckat »

It's not an OMGUS vote.

It's a "you made up a tell" vote.

I'm sure someone will be intensely and openly annoyed.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

VOTE: Nikanor

Baa.
coming back after a 3 year break.
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
Goon
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 2:57 am

Post by WorstMafiaPlayerEver »

Hello guys.

VOTE: Nikanor for because I said so.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 4:31 am

Post by implosion »

VOTE: WorstMafiaPlayerEver
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 8:37 am

Post by Oso »

Just a Sunday afternoon check-in (weekend is going good).

Let's see. Seems we are on the edge of RVS being over already seeing as how Nikanor and gorckat have both cast what look to be at least semi-serious votes. Not reading too much into either of those votes at the moment as it looks as if Nik's may have been a reaction fishing vote and gorc's explanation for his vote holds water since it really was a made up tell. Even Nik admitted that.

Implosions vote doesn't worry me too much even though and elaboration on exactly why he voted would be nice.

Worst's and vijay2's votes do disturb me. The look too much like piling on too be ignored, even this early in the game. Some solid (or even not so solid) reasons would be in order I think.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”