Twentythreeth

Mafia 39: Back to Gambits - Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:28 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Status update:
Game over.
Deadline:
-

Welcome to Back to Gambits mafia. This game has an open setup, meaning that scum cannot just make up role claims as they please (although I do recall such an incident ;)), which forces them to claim another player's role. Since all pro-town roles that are killed at night won't be revealed to the town, roles could be lost unknown. This is something scum might use in their benefit when roleclaiming, but it might also give them away when claiming the wrong role. Then there's counterclaiming, another tool scum might use to help them win the game.

I suggest you read through all the roles and try to come up with all the possibilities on different events. Other than that there's not much more you can do than being attentive and having fun playing this game. I'm not posting fancy deathscenes like in my themed games, so chances are that nights last exactly as long as the deadline says. I'm not waiting for any choices that are missing in this game!

Good luck.

Moderator:
Cadmium

Players (10/24):

Former players (14/24):

Last edited by Cadmium on Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 46 times in total.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:49 pm

Post by Cadmium »

The Roles:

Mafia (3):
The Mafia goes out every night to kill a someone. The Mafia is allowed to communicate at night.

Angel:
The Angel goes out every night to look for Mafia and will be told if a person is Mafia or not.

Archangel:
The Archangel will be given a choice, protect someone from a Mafia attack or bring someone back to life. If he decides to protect someone, that person cannot be killed by the Mafia that same night. The Werewolves, however, can kill his target. The Archangel may not protect himself. In the second case, there's a catch. If the Archangel chooses to bring someone back to life, the Mafia will be informed and they get to guess whom the Archangel is resurrecting. If they're wrong, the dead player comes back to life. If they're right, they catch the Archangel in the act and kill him.

Werewolf (3):
The Werewolves go out every night to kill a someone. The Werewolves are allowed to communicate at night.

Seer:
The Seer goes out every night to look for Werewolves and will be told if a person is a Werewolf or not.

Sorcerer:
The Sorcerer will be given a choice, protect someone from a Werewolf attack or bring someone back to life. If he decides to protect someone, that person cannot be killed by the Werewolves that same night. The Mafia, however, can kill his target. The Sorcerer may not protect himself. In the second case, there's a catch. If the Sorcerer chooses to bring someone back to life, the Werewolves will be informed and they get to guess whom the Sorcerer is resurrecting. If they're wrong, the dead player comes back to life. If they're right, they catch the Sorcerer in the act and kill him.

Judas & Saulus:
The Judas and the Saulus are opposite roles. The Judas wins with the Civilians as long as he is not lynched. He sides with the Mafia as soon as he is lynched. The Saulus is the other way around. Both have no other special abilities as Mafioso or Civilian than surviving. They don't know who the Mafia are and vice-versa. When an attempt is made to lynch them, day ends without a lynch. As soon as they switch side, they can be lynched without any problems.

Vampire:
The Vampire is a regular Civilian, who, upon being killed at night, can be reborn as a Werewolf, but dies a normal death during the day. When being reborn, the Vampire only wins if the Werewolves win. If unconverted, dead or alive, the Vampire wins when the Civilians win. The Vampire will be able to choose on which night to return to life. If he chooses to become a Werewolf immediately, there will be an announcement of a Vampire sighting, so the Civilians will know about the transformation. If he chooses to become a Werewolf another night, no announcement will be made, and it will look like a normal resurrection.

Bookie:
The Bookie is a Civilian who may place a bet on either (a) who will be killed during the night, or (b) who will be lynched during the following day. If it transpires during the following day that the chosen person has been killed by the method selected, then the Bookie will have an additional choice the following night - (a) bring someone back to life, or (b) investigate someone, with the option of looking for Mafia or Werewolves. If the chosen person is dead, he shall be brought back to life. If he is alive, the Bookie will be told whether or not that person is Mafia/Werewolf.

Governor:
The Governor is a Civilian who is able to save anyone who has reached a majority of votes during the day. Before the day ends, the Governor will be given some time to decide whether he wants to continue the lynch or not. If the answer is yes, the person will be lynched. Otherwise, he does not die, and day ends without a lynch. The Governor may save any individual only once. If the individual has reached a majority of votes again, the governor is helpless to act. The Governor cannot save himself when he is lynched. Next to this ability, the Governor is also able to investigate someone for protective powers every night. This way, he can find out if a person is an Archangel/Sorcerer or not. This might help him decide to save someone from a lynch.

Mayor:
The Mayor is a Civilian who can make one kill during the game. At anytime during the day, the Mayor may ask to execute someone. Nothing happens to this person at this time, however, and play continues normally. The execution is postponed until the morning of the next day. The Mayor may only exercise this power once and after doing so is a normal Citizen with no special abilities. Once the Mayor has announced he is the Mayor and said who he wishes to execute, the pronouncement is irrevocable. If the person who he announces to execute is lynched that same day or killed the following night, and thus already dead the morning after, the mayor has still used his power. If the person who the mayor announces to execute is the final Mafia or Werewolf, the game will be ended immediately. Anyone may claim to be the mayor and ask to execute someone in hopes that the Mafia and/or Werewolves will refrain from killing that person in the night. There will never be indicated who actually effected the execution.

Vigilante:
The Vigilante works on the side of the Civilians. The Vigilante may go out every night to kill someone.

Freemason (3):
The Freemasons are Civilians who know each other to be innocent. They don’t have any special ability, but are able to communicate at night.

Civilian (4):
Your basic player without any abilities.

Secret Identities:

The true identities of persons assassinated at night are not revealed, although the identities of the victims of the day lynchings are. Therefore, ability roles could be lost unknown to the group. The deaths of Mafia and Werewolves are always revealed, even when killed at night. This does not include the Judas, Saulus and Vampire (before becoming a Werewolf).

The Rules:

• Nights will last around 72 hours or so. A deadline will be posted at the beginning of every night. If all choices are in early, I will still wait for the deadline to pass, unless the Masons send in a message that they're done communicating. If the Mafia and/or Werewolves want the night to last, they should hold their choice.
  • If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. If you do not submit a choice, I will make a choice for you. If it happens a second time, no choice will be made.
  • Days will last as long as they need to. If discussion lags, I will impose a deadline (in which case half a majority results into a successful lynch, but only with more than 6 players alive). If discussion picks up, the deadline can be rescinded upon popular demand.
  • Votes must be in
    bold
    . If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. Please be attentive and unvote, before casting a new vote. I’d appreciate it.
  • Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.
  • You may
    vote: no lynch
    – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
  • Whenever a majority has been reached, there'll be about 36 hours of twilight. In this time, if he wishes so, the Governor can notify me if he wants to save someone from the lynch. After that, the game continues as normal and it will become night.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role description specifically states that you may do so.
  • Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Unless you are being resurrected, that is.
  • Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts.
  • Don’t quote any messages from me. You are liable to get mod-killed if you do.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 72-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave the other players hanging.
  • I should post a vote count, ever so often, maybe every page or every alternate one. Please feel free to request one should you deem it necessary.
  • If you have any questions, you can pm me or ask in the thread. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, and with the best explanation that I can. You can also pm me if you want to tell someone about your day, or you thought something another player wrote was funny, or just to say hi.
  • I'm always right, but not always accurate. If I've made a mistake rolewise, please tell me by email as soon as possible. If you try to notify me in the thread, I might have to to edit your post and you will most likely be mod-killed.
  • Most importantly...this is a game and we're here to have fun. Do your part.
Clarifications:

• If the vampire dies and comes back to life, does he get to choose his own kill target that's different from the Werewolves?

No, the vampire becomes a normal Werewolf.
  • Will the Vampire discover who the other Werewolves are and talk with them at night?

Yes, unlike the Judas, the Vampire will become an actual Werewolf instead of just siding with the baddies.
  • If the Vampire gets killed at night and resurrects himself the same night, is the town told of the kill attempt, or just that someone's a vampire?

It is common knowledge that there's a Vampire. On that night, there will be a Vampire sighting, thus telling the town that there was a failed kill attempt on the Vampire and that he became a Werewolf. At that moment, unlike when he waits with his resurrection, the town will know the number of Werewolves left in the game.
  • Can the Vampire resurrect himself if he dies during the day?

No, the Vampire can only be converted during the night.
  • It seems like the Mayor must make his execution choice publicly. Is that right?

Correct, he has to make his choice in the thread. But any other player could claim to be the Mayor as well.
  • What about the Governor? He's being asked whether he wants to continue a lynch for every lynch? Does he respond publicly?

The Governor will be asked for every lynch but he does not respond publicly.
  • What happens if the Governor is out of town (and has said so publicly) when a lynch occurs? Will the enormous length of twilight give away who the Governor is or is there a limit to how long you'll wait?

Whenever a majority has been reached, there'll be 36 hours of twilight. In this time, if he wishes so, the Governor can notify me if he wants to save someone from the lynch. After that, the game continues as normal.
  • If the Vampire dies at night, he gets to choose when he wants to be resurrected as a Werewolf. What happens if someone successfully tries to resurrect him before that? Does he come back as a Vampire or a Werewolf?

If someone else resurrects the Vampire, he'll also become a Werewolf.
  • What if the Vampire is night-killed just before the last scum is lynched and chooses to wait several days before being resurrected, just to get them lynching one another in fear. Will the game end during the time when there are no scum or would it wait for him to be resurrected so they could kill him?

As long as the Vampire is not a Werewolf, he's not considered scum. So if the last scum dies before the Vampire resurrects himself, the game ends. However, if any of the Judas or Saulus is still on the mafia side without actual mafia being around, the game continues.
  • If the Angel (or Seer) is killed at night and resurrected later, does he get results from the night in which he died? And what about the night he came back?

The Angel and Seer will receive results for every night they have sent in a target, which only is the night in which they will be killed in the above example. The night (or actually dawn) they are resurrected, there hasn't been a target, thus no result.
  • In case of a Mayor kill, will we know the identity of the target?

Since technically the kill is a day kill like a lynch, I will reveal the role name of the victim upon death.
Last edited by Cadmium on Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:34 am, edited 11 times in total.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:45 pm

Post by Cadmium »

All roles have been sent by PM (wow, within 24 hours after starting the sign-up!).

Please confirm receivement in this thread.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:10 pm

Post by Thoth »

Cirnfom
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:12 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

/cirnfom
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:26 pm

Post by dybeck »

/conform.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:25 am

Post by BabyJesus »

hi
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:17 am

Post by Puzzle »

inform.
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:22 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

/ok
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:37 am

Post by Assasin »

/confirm
I will eventually kill you all.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:26 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

confirm
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:28 am

Post by Thesp »

/firmcon
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:33 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

/foncirm
Permanent V/LA.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:02 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

/confirm!
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:13 am

Post by Astronaut »

/comfirm
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:47 am

Post by vikingfan »

/conmirf
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:35 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

/"confirm" misspelled in some wacky manner
prinny, dood
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:35 am

Post by Blackberry »

/confirm
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:32 am

Post by HezLucky »

I'd like to take this moment to be the first to /confirm

*looks around*

Darn...
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Enigma91
Enigma91
Goon
Enigma91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:36 am

Post by Enigma91 »

confirm
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:17 am

Post by Fuldu »

/confirm
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
kristocker
kristocker
Goon
kristocker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:18 am

Post by kristocker »

Confirm.
[size=84]And before we kill, me just want say one ting├óÔé¼┬ªDis one small swing for croc, one giant blow for croc-kind.[/size]
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:59 am

Post by Pariah »

Confirm.
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:45 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

oh, /confirm in thread. I did by pm. :roll:
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:31 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

/confirm
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”