Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:10 am

Post by Magic Trainer »

Hiya. I've read bits and pieces of the thread, I should be fully caught up within a few days.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:17 am

Post by Magic Trainer »

Hi. Not-JK.

I've read through the thread, but I've got some bullshit to take care of today. I will however post my thoughts later today. Btw, we aren't lynching Regfan.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by Magic Trainer »

When I initially read through Axxle's iso I thought he was a wimp. He's not the type of guy who's alway worried about putting his vote out, and his votes were weak and retracted easily. The blip with Seacore seemed more aggressive than his usual play, which is why that attack is interesting... because as wombat pointed out he was likely doing this as a farce to gain town points. (+Town for Seacore & Wombat since I agree with Seacore's interpretation of Wombat's play. Small details like this are on top of their general posting, which have been consistently against Axxle.). Also, Hyperion is towny as fuck for posts like this.

Sure, you while you could argue that Axxle's play is aggressive, but even when he votes crabby right after unvoting Seacore, he again gives a wimpy response and literally force feeds him the information he needs to say to get him to back off. This is him preparing to get his vote off crabby, which is again weird because of his distaste for lurkers. +Scum for Crabby, Axxle was coaching him.

Arrina get scumpoints for supporting the counter-wagon against Axxle. Unusually little content for her even though she was shifting her vote to someone she was "inclined to find
very scummy
", but hey. she was "tired". Sora's wagon hopping OMGUS is lulzy as well. +Scum for both. A note about Arinna, her posting as a whole is a pro-town, it's the wagon she rode that bothers me. I dislike the feeling of cognitive dissonance so she can hang out on the neutral leaning town bench.

Wombat gets more +Town points for #149. I might go into this a bit more if needed.

Axxle's VT claim is lulzy. I noticed that a few people have been arguing that Kal's spot is scummy because Axxle didn't hop onto the counter-wagon immediately in self-preservation (even though he actually did hop on… so why is this an argument? We're talking about nub scum, not flash from the justice league). This particular action shows that Axxle is the type of player who doesn't take frantic measures, therefor not hopping on the counterwagon (right away) is actually, not suspicious. Seriously, Axxle's play isn't that solid nor was he that interested in making it through the day while gunning down townies. Yes, yes, you could argue that that a normal mafioso would force through the counter-wagon but you have to take in Axxle's personal psychology into account, not just a stereotype.

Hey MT, what's the score board look like?

Town

Regfan
Hyp
Wombat
Seacore

Neutral-Leaning Town Bench

Arinna

Mafioso

Sora/Giit

Did I miss anything else important? Oh. Let's take a look at the daily complaints against Kal. Wombat's introduces the whole "Why not jump on counter-wagon" argument, which is covered in one of the paragraphs above. Because Axxle DID vote Kal and DID tie the votes this is not a strong argument. Then there's Hype's easter egg. I'm not convinced, because I've heard similar comments like that before from fools who turned out to be town. Moreover, try to imagine the differences between what scum-kal and town-kal would say. His tone would still be the same, his arguments would still be weak, he'd still be self-conscience (not a surprising trait for newbs), he'd still miss out that Axxle was already lynched (which btw shows that he wasn't pre-occupied with the VC death toll). My point is that he'd still act in the same obnoxious way regardless of alignment, so other factors (Vc analysis, Reg's play, Axxle's interactions) are better indicators of the slot's alignment.

It feels like everyone's simply saying "Kal was scummy", and then a bunch of applause lights go off. Kal was the counter-wagon, that's largely why I'm against crucifying him.

A quick rehash on Giit's slot. We've got the coaching mentioned above from Axxle to Crabby. We've got Sora's instant OMGUS/Wagon hopping on the Axxle counter-wagon. Sora's vote/play was relatively stagnant, beyond this there isn't much else.

And so. The question is who does Giit think is scum? Reg secured that spot safely on the noose, and I can't glean anything decisive (in terms of scum-choice since everyone's either town or nu) from this. The rest of Giit's posts consist of discussion of the JK plan and a distaste for Reg's interest in NK-analysis. I can't glean much from this.

So, Giit, as you can see you're in a bad position from a few of your predecessor's actions/POE. Do something, anything that shows my your thought process. I'd personally like to see a vote tagged on the end as well.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Magic Trainer »

Typo, 2nd to last paragraph, should be.

"Reg secured that spot safely
off
the noose"
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by Magic Trainer »

I am
not
soft-claiming anything. I will be sure to alert you when I am. I am not the JK, that's it. (I wrote that due to the excessive hate for the slot based on Kal's play)
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by Magic Trainer »

And if I was, I certainly wouldn't want you to point that since I'd die after sunset.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:08 am

Post by Magic Trainer »

In post 326, Regfan wrote:I'd like an elaboration on this because the post doesn't strike strongly as town for me at all

Axxle
(3) - LordChronos, Seacore,
wombat

kalbim (1) - Hyperion, Arinna, Soraadvent
LordChronos (2) -
Mortontfrh

Not Voting (2) -
Axxle
, kalbim

It's not what he said in the post, it was his vote. He hopped onto the Axxle wagon at a critical time when he had the choice of two others, (The Kal wagon was notably gaining momentum but he gave the slot a pass to get its act together instead of joining). His vote could have secured a Kal lynch, since Axxle would could have voted kal with him.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:06 am

Post by Magic Trainer »

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Nice job, team. Even though I probably did nothing.
Magic Trainer
Magic Trainer
Goon
Magic Trainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Magic Trainer »

Should have tried to lynch me. LC was a null read to everyone so there might have been a way to bull shit some scum tells out of that. You might have been able to twist something out of my post, I wouldn't expect everyone to read giant posts like that so I suppose you could have attempted pot shots.

Shouldn't have tried to oppose the plan, math is math. I was going to comment on that but I didn't bother.

Instead of trying to pander to everyone you
might
have had a better shot if you would have been a solid case against one particular player and focused on that. Your read on reg was a back and forth. You can't have townies following your lead if you don't look confident.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”