Open 413 - Duck, Duck, Shoot! (Game over!)

Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 413 - Duck, Duck, Shoot! (Game over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Hello, scummers! Welcome to Open 413 - Duck, Duck, Goose!

Players:

Om of the Nom
Chrimi

Shattered Viewpoint [x]
Phillammon [x]
kondi2424 [x]
AcRv
drmyshotgun
brundibar
andrew94
Quinter
mcqueen
Jal

[x] indicates a prod

Alive

Spoiler: Alive
Om of the Nom
Phillammon
AcRv
drmyshotgun
brundibar
andrew94
mcqueen

Dead

Spoiler: Dead
Jal -
1 Shot PGO
- Lynched D1
kondi2424 -
1 Shot PGO
- Died N1
Quinter -
1 Shot PGO
- Lynched D2
Shattered Viewpoint
1 Shot PGO
- Lynched D3

Modkilled

Spoiler: killed by the Paranoia of God (modkilled)
No one...hopefully ever :)
Last edited by Lastsurvivor on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 am, edited 27 times in total.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:38 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

RULES RULES RULES PLEASE READ RULES!!

General Gameplay:

1. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread is allowed if your role specifically allows it. Players that are allowed to speak outside of the thread may talk during Night 0 (the confirmation stage).

2. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

3. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 72-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!

4. Prods of missing players will be issued after 72 hours of no activity. If a player does not post for 48 hours, other players may request a prod. Any player who fails to post in-thread within 24 hours of being prodded may be replaced.

5. No prods will be issued during Night.

6. A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.

7. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.

8. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to the game Mod IMMEDIATELY.

During the Day:

9. Each Day will have approximately a 21 day deadline, subject to change as the game advances. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask. I reserve the right to shorten the deadline for whatever reason.

10. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.

11. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.

12. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.

13. Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.

14. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. VOTE: Player or
Vote: player
).

15. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. UNVOTE: Player, UNVOTE: , or
Unvote
). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, but are appreciated.

16. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.

17. Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.

During the Night:

18. Each Night will have a strict 72-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.

19. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. Mafia roles may submit their choices in the mafia QT.

20. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.

21. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

Miscellaneous:

22. Please
bold
all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

THIS COLOR
text is reserved for the Mod. Please do not use it.

24. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).

25. You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.

26. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.

27. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.

28. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.

29. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

(These rules stolen blatantly from Chrimi who borrowed them from Dazzy, Quaroath, Uite, and Krazy, with minor modifications. Even this line...)
Last edited by Lastsurvivor on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:38 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Duck, Duck, Goose! is an open setup consisting of:

• 3 Mafia Goons

8 1-shot Paranoid Gun Owners

Mechanics:

• Daystart
    Mafia have daytalk
    Each PGO must select which night they would like to arm themselves. They only get one night.
    Mafia may opt to no-kill if they wish.

Mafia Goon role pm

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Mafia Goon
, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Abilities:
Factional communication: During day or night, you may talk with your partners here: [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Town 1-shot PGO role pm

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town 1-Shot PGO

Abilities:

At night, you must make a decision to arm yourself or stay unprotected. If you are shot at when you've arm yourself, you will simultaneously shoot your attacker, leaving you both dead. You only get to arm yourself for one night.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town player is left alive.
Last edited by Lastsurvivor on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Role PMs have been sent out. Please confirm via PM. We will begin when 8/11 have confirmed.

EDIT: Note that rule (9) has been modified.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

And now we may begin!

A small town on the border of Kentucky....

People crowd around a small television set and watch the news, shotguns in hand. The last few statehouses are debating the 28th Amendment, which would repeal the 2nd Amendment, American's right to bare arms. So far, 37 statehouses have ratified the amendment (Kentucky not among them), with five states still debating the bill.

The towns people watch. And watch. And watch. While the debates are dull, and most of the townsfolk don't understand the debates, the culture of the town revolves around the 2nd Amendment. The sun falls behind the green, tree-topped hills. Eventually, the townspeople all decide to cut the power to the TV. It's time for bed. Rummaging and footsteps echo throughout the night. When the townspeople woke up in the morning, they find someone lying in a pool of blood in the town square. His shotgun lay on top of his chest, not fired.

Lastsurvivor, 1-shot Paranoid Gun Owner, died Pregame

The townspeople all nervously look amongst each other. Someone amongst them was the killer.

Day 1 has begun. With 11 alive, it takes six to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-06-23 23:13:00)
Last edited by Lastsurvivor on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

VOTE: andrew
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Quinter »

Hi there. I might be limited access for the next 2 weeks or so but I still should be able to post.

Vote: Chrimi
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

Hee hee hi Quinter
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Quinter
Quinter
Townie
Quinter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Post by Quinter »

kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

:lol:
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by Chrimi »

Quinter jumps in and votes me

Shit, I'm already dead.

VOTE: kondi
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

VOTE: AcRv

Lol the flavor has "shotguns" in it >.<

;)
Last edited by Lastsurvivor on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Post by AcRv »

Perfect, I'm in for RVS! I do so hate missing out on RVS; as I have for the past few games...
VOTE: brundibar because I thought you were someone else in signups.

Good evening to everyone that I've played with before, hi to everyone I haven't... and... yeah, that's about all I have to say on that matter.

Oh, and also, I was in the last time this setup was run. We can get the theory discussion out of the way now, because last game IceGuy and I came up with an effective way of using our PGO abilities:
1. Each night toss a coin. If heads, go to 2, if tails go to 3
2. Toss another coin. If heads, activate your power, if tails, don't
3. Roll a three sided dice (on Random.org if necessary). If a three, then activate your power

!We established that it gives the mafia a heck of a time trying to predict who they could safely kill, as we established on average two and a half guns would go off for three nights. Not exactly what scum want to shoot through. If anyone does think they have a better way of setting up a minefield, feel free to put it forward, but we couldn't find anything last time. Other than failsafe activations: If it becomes blatantly obvious you're going to be shot, don't role, just fire.

(yes, I did just breadcrumb PGO that post. So that means I'm confirmed, eh?)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by andrew94 »

vote kondi

OMGUS

1. if your scummy as crap, dont use power
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Post by AcRv »

Yeah, that too.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

I thought PGO was basically Daykill Vigilante...
My GTKAS!
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Post by AcRv »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: drmyshotgun

... if you got a PGO Role PM, then you would know what it did.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by AcRv »

Anyway, how is a town of one shot dayvigs balanced?
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Post by Phillammon »

In post 18, AcRv wrote:Anyway, how is a town of one shot dayvigs balanced?

See texas justice, only worse... as for when to pop our PGOs, if the scumkill is compulsive then we could all use them N1 and then play 7v2 mountainous. On the other hand, that has a horrible theoretical win rate, which is less good.

In other news, VOTE: Shotgun for blindingly obvious reasons.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

*Shrug*
I claim PGO.
My GTKAS!
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by Phillammon »

After
two votes?
Having already proved you haven't a clue what the PGO does, despite having apparently read your PM, and despite both PMs being posted above?
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 21, Phillammon wrote:despite having apparently
read
your PM, and despite both PMs being posted above?

Whoa whoa whoa. We're already assuming too much here.
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

Dear Phillammon,

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Well first of all, there is no point of claiming PGO in this game, because, well, wow! Everybody
is
PGO~!
Woohoo! Phew it was a close call! I could have claimed Vanilla Townie. Which doesn't exist?
Or I could have claimed...Mafia Goon! Whoa! I'm soooo gonna do that!
I thought I knew what PGO was, but oh well, I now know for sure what it is because I checked! Thanks so much for reminding me to always check before I say something stupid!
My PM does tell me its abilities and I now know exactly what it is.
By the way Phil, I'm quite distressed at your reaction to my claim. Rather than saying: "Thanks Capt. Obvious, Sgt. Duh signing out!", you said something like: "Why did you claim after two votes??".
Oops.

Kind Regards
John

p.s: VOTE: Phillammon
My GTKAS!
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by AcRv »

Okay, Phillamon's jumping at a claim this early is rather odd, I'll admit. But the fact that you confirmed by PM by posting your Role Name, without actually reading what your role is, seems unlikely. Because the "confirm by PM" is at the bottom of the PM. To get to the bottom of the PM you have to read the bit before it. Which tells you what the role does.
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

I'll remember to do that fully and thoroughly next time.
I just assumed PGO to be Daykill Vigilante variant.
My GTKAS!

Return to “Completed Open Games”