NY Mafia 155 - New Age Mafia II - Game Over!

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Tierce »

This is so stupid.

UNVOTE: Glork
VOTE: Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

In post 1425, Tierce wrote:This is so stupid.

UNVOTE: Glork
VOTE: Knight of Cydonia

"This is so stupid... but I'm gonna do it anyway!"
Never reproduce.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by Tierce »

No intentions to.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
4 to lynch

Knight of Cydonia: 1 (Cogito Ergo Sum, Rhinox, Glork, Tierce)
Rhinox: 1 (redFF)
Cogito Ergo Sum: 1 (Knight of Cydonia)

Not Voting: 0

That other guy with the guns didn't do it, so it must be this guy, right? Right?
...anybody?

Knight of Cydonia -
1-shot Gunsmith
- Lynched Day Seven

It is now Night Seven. Actions due by 10 PM EST on 11/15.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

redFF showed up early for the meeting, but he found Glork beat him there. Somebody also beat Glork there, with a baseball bat, straight to death. Another tragedy. The others slowly gathered, until there were four living, breathing townspeople left. Rhinox winked knowingly at Cogito Ergo Sum, who pulled out a revolver and blew redFF's brains out. Tierce didn't go down so easily. She pulled out her knife to fight her way out. But there were two of them, and one of her. The numbers were not on her side.

Glork -
Town Neighbor
- Killed Night Seven
redFF -
Vanilla Town
- Endgamed
Tierce -
Serial Killer
- Endgamed

Rhinox -
Mafia Traitor Neighbor
- Survived
Cogito Ergo Sum -
Mafia Godfather
- Survived

Congratulations to nhammen, singersigner, MichelSableheart, Cogito Ergo Sum and Rhinox

Mafia Wins!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

This post reserved for qt links, setup and actions, all coming when I get home from this NaNoWriMo write-in.

Edit:
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by redFF »

yup
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by Tierce »

...bah.

Yes, most of this game was my fault (since I haven't been killing since N2). But I was really convinced there couldn't be more than one scum (besides me) left, which--well--you know the result to that.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by singersigner »

Oof da.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by JDodge »

(10:19:36 PM) ahallucinogenic: i would like to take this time to note two things
(10:19:43 PM) ahallucinogenic: 1. that was what i consider my best scum play ever
(10:20:10 PM) ahallucinogenic: 2. my frustration with that game was completely and 100% genuine and glork's point that i wasn't saying much of anything while bitching about people being inactive is bullshit
(10:20:15 PM) ahallucinogenic: because i didn't have anything
(10:20:17 PM) ahallucinogenic: to fucking comment on
(10:20:21 PM) ahallucinogenic: because nobody was saying anything

don't give a shit what the official word is, i won this game
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I told you it was CES
but nooooooo, let's let him do EXACTLY WHAT QUAG SAID HE WOULD
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I just want to know, did any of the scum know I was a traitor?

I played like shit, not proud of this game at all. Just in general, I can't play as scum. I don't know what to do, and I don't know how to get better at it, I don't know how I'm supposed to interact with the town as scum, or how to interact with scum partners, and it didn't help being scum but not being able to converse with the scum team at all. I wasn't inactive due to apathy, I was inactive because I literally couldn't type anything without being so transparently scum apparently. I just didn't know what to say. Pretty much consider me retired due to just not being able to play this game anymore.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Post by redFF »

Aww don't retire!

I still play and I'm awful.

You were obvscum though
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by JDodge »

In post 1436, Rhinox wrote:I just want to know, did any of the scum know I was a traitor?

I played like shit, not proud of this game at all. Just in general, I can't play as scum. I don't know what to do, and I don't know how to get better at it, I don't know how I'm supposed to interact with the town as scum, or how to interact with scum partners, and it didn't help being scum but not being able to converse with the scum team at all. I wasn't inactive due to apathy, I was inactive because I literally couldn't type anything without being so transparently scum apparently. I just didn't know what to say. Pretty much consider me retired due to just not being able to play this game anymore.

i'm retired due to the fact that none of the cool people are actually willing to play in games they're in

\o/
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I have to say, I didn't see the day one mass claim thing coming, and I never even considered it when I made the setup. Nor was it something anyone brought up in the review process, which I considered thorough. I do think it held up well enough in the end, though the mass claim definitely handicapped the scum early. That was counterbalanced by a late game devoid of night actions, which is a pretty pro-scum game environment.

I also didn't foresee an SK strategically no-killing most of the game, but when she targeted the same as the mafia twice in a row (as a result of the mass claim) it became an understandable strategy, and I'm glad I didn't disallow it. That said, if I ever run a game again, and if that game features a Serial Killer, you can bet it will be compulsive.

The endemic lack of activity was sad, and it drew me in. A lot of people who took part in this game seem to be at a low point in their overall engagement with MS, and the disaffected attitude kind of took hold from the top down. I don't know if there's anything to be done for it. Like I said, sad. Alas.

Comments on the the setup are welcome. I'd like to commend Hoopla for blowing my mind with her mod-meta of me, she nailed almost everything (and then everyone forgot about her and lynched both gunsmiths anyway)
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Hehe. Tierce no killing as SK. :P

CES not getting lynched was weird especially when you had Quag's alignment.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by singersigner »

I'm still not getting the whole BP, investigative immune, non-compulsive SK, but meh. Until I found out there was a traitor, I was super fucking confused at all the mass-claimed "supposed" town power to our...none. >_>

Also, sorry for semi-trolling the game. For what it's worth, I never would've done the mass-claim anyway, I just came out of a game with Glork and Tierce as town so I ended up being a bit more of a dick about it than I would've been otherwise. I did what I could in a shitty position, I guess.

Props to CES; his play always amazes me.

Props to Tierce for making the optimal plays for a while, though I can't honestly say I wouldn't have no-killed at the end there either. There's just not much of a way to assume there'd be 5 full scum in a game this size.

Props to nhammen for going down swinging with me and taking it like a man, lol.

Props to Glork cuz <3.

Props to ogml and the dead qt for taking my rants every now and then. >_>

Props to Izzy for being the best worst IC ever. ;)

Props to everyone who kept following along and sticking with it through the end; sometimes activity just stagnates, and it was unfortunate that with a playerlist like this, it was one of those times. I hate playing scum and I was hoping to goodness that I would die sooner or later. If not, I probably would've gone just as afk as the rest of you. :shifty:

Thanks for modding, ogml!

I like tomatoes.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1441, singersigner wrote:I'm still not getting the whole BP, investigative immune, non-compulsive SK
I wasn't investigation-immune. That's why I targeted Psyche twice. Serial Killers are, per Normal guidelines, Gunsmith negatives (like Mafia doctors). They have knives instead of guns. You can't think that a game like this would have an SK with a Cop and two other 1-shot roles that might nail it. :?

I was full Bulletproof, yes, and if CES had gone and shot me, I would have been screwed because I would have been confirmed BP to him.

As for Non-Compulsive, I stand by SKs not being Compulsive (...as my play should show). Mafia can choose not to kill strategically, I don't know why SKs would have to kill. Being underground and prolonging the game and its general apathy was helping me more than outing the existence of an SK, even if I brought down the numbers; I was cleared by interactions (failing to bus
all
my buddies seemed a bit ridiculous) and by the Gunsmith result--adding a known 3rd party to the game would have probably blown up on my face.

Bah humbug, etc. Good job to the scumteam, in particular the CES/JDodge slot.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by singersigner »

I guess that would depend on the result ogml gave the cop.

All three seem a little OP, but if you weren't full-on investigative immune, then 2/3 isn't nearly as bad.

I like tomatoes.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Huzzah!

I strongly suspected you might be a Traitor, Rhinox. It explained the lack of power of our scum team (I was just a nightkill-immune gf, so that only hurt our side re: investigative roles) and also explained your weird weird claim.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1444, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Huzzah!

I strongly suspected you might be a Traitor, Rhinox. It explained the lack of power of our scum team (I was just a nightkill-immune gf, so that only hurt our side re: investigative roles) and also explained your weird weird claim.

I just read that in the scum QT. Good job figuring it out. I tried to throw out some obscure hints early in the game in case there was a recruitment mechanic and scum knew a traitor existed. (the one I can remember was me saying Capiche to Jdodge, it was supposed to let him know that I knew he was the godfather >.>)

I missed last night that tierce was an sk. Figures my only scum read in the game was actually on scum. I really just don't know how to fake scumhunt at all do I? Can't believe none of us thought about an SK not having a gun.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

nham in the dead QT wrote:I was thinking about the bulletproof to mafia claim, and I just realized exactly what type of role that would go very well with. A Traitor. It prevents the Mafia from accidentally killing off their own team.

:D
I actually was BP to mafia anyways so instead of preventing you guys from killing me it was preventing you guys from wasting a kill. Turns out after the first day or 2 there was no way in hell I'd have ever been nked anyways but... it just seemed like a very logical claim to make I just wish I'd have executed it better.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by nhammen »

Oh, I realized you were probably truthful. Its too weird of a claim to be fake. But, my meaning was that if we targeted you, then your BP would cause us to waste a kill rather than the worse effect of using a kill on a teammate. Your claim made even that possibility disappear.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by scooby »

Why were you so retarded and lynched the obvious FUCKING TOWN GUNSMITHS
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:44 am

Post by Quagmire »

'Grats guys on winning that one. That was flawless play after activity started to dwindle.

Boy was I rusty. I didn't even consider CES as scum until Flameaxe pointed it out in the graveyard thread.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”