My Little Pony: Friendship is Redemption (Over)

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

My Little Pony: Friendship is Redemption (Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Moderator: Rainbowdash
Backup Mod: Petroleumjelly
Other Reviewers: Amrun, Trumpet of Doom

Ponies Present (3)

04 DJ-P0n3
05 fatlikepig
06 Feysal

Ponies Past (12)

09 Arugula
ProsecutorGodot
- Rarity (The Fashionable Pony) –
Friendship
aligned Vanilla – Banished from Ponyville Day One
01 Tierce - Cloud Kicker (The Weather Pony) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Returned to Friendship Night One
08 BBmolla
Poopykins
- Applejack (The Farmer Pony) -
Friendship
aligned Vanilla – Banished from Ponyville Day Two
10 Salamence20 - The Cutie Mark Crusaders (The Aspiring Ponies) -
Discord
aligned Idol Cops - Returned to Friendship Night Two
12 Sudo_Nym - Braeburn (The Appleoozian Pony) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Banished from Ponyville Day Three
14 The Rufflig
chamber
- Hoops (The Jock Pony) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Returned to Friendship Night Three
03 Shmugen - Noteworthy (The Cyclops Pony) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Banished from Ponyville Day Four
02 Vi - Thunderlane (The "Sick" Pony) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Returned to Friendship Night Four
13 Charlie - Vinyl Scratch (The DJ Pony) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Banished from Ponyville Day Five
15 MagnaofIllusion
Katsuki
Pinkie Pie
- Rose (The Flower Pony) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Returned to Friendship Night Five
11 Konowa - Spike (The Dragon) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Banished from Ponyville Day Six
07 Cogito Ergo Sum
Rarity
- Derpy Hooves (The Mail Pony) -
Discord
aligned Messanger - Returned to Friendship Night Six

Backup Ponies
MangaofIllusion (post 8/11)

Arugula

03 Cogito Ergo Sum (post 8/19)
Last edited by Rainbowdash on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 31 times in total.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

[01] VOTING METHOD: Votes must be in bold. example:
Vote: Somepony
If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. You do not have to
unvote
before casting another vote, but it would be appreciated.

[02] LYNCH: Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.

[03] NO LYNCH: You may
vote: no lynch
– unless it is deadline, majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

[04] DEADLINE: This game will have mandatory deadlines of, at most, 3 weeks. As the game whittles down its living membership deadlines may grow shorter. If I deem it necessary a player being replaced may extend the deadline.

[05] DEADLINE LYNCH RULES: At deadline, a person will be lynched if they have a majority of voters voting for them. That means you can be lynched with just one vote if only one person is voting. If no one has a majority of the votes cast, it is a no-lynch.

[06] NIGHT CHOICES: Night choices will be expected within 72 hours. If you do not inform me of a night choice you will forfiet it.

[07] LURKING AND NOT POSTING: Lurking is not an acceptable strategy in this game. Anyone who goes more than 72 hours without posting, without advance warning, will be prodded. Failure to post in the 48 hours following a prod or excessive prods will result in a player being replaced. Mafia is a social contract. Everyone is expected to give information and comment to be analysed. If this is uncomfortable for you, consider taking up solitaire instead.

[08] OUT OF THREAD COMMUNICATION: The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so – and then only in the manner stated in your role PM. Don’t quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread, this includes role PMs.

[09] BAH POSTS ARE ALLOWED: Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. However, since I love Bah posts you may absolutely make one "Bah" post. It should be short and should contain absolutely no game related opinion or information.

[10] TOO CLEVER BY HALF RULE: No small or hidden text or obscure codes. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.

[11] VACATION? LIMITED ACCESS? If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in this game thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

[12] FALLIBILITY CLAUSE: Unlike other mods I am fallible. Please point out any mistakes I make gently. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, it is your responsibility to correct me -- otherwise your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.

[13] QUESTIONS: If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.

[14] HUSH NOW, QUIET NOW: Excessive use of CAPS POSTING or spamming posts will not be allowed and may result in replacement without warning.

[15] GAMBLERS ANON: No bets, deals, promises, etc are allowed. Depending on the severity of one you may be modkilled or forceably replaced.

[16] IF IT QUACKS LIKE A DUCK: If you fake breaking a rule, it will result in the same punishment as actually breaking the rule.

[17] FUN: Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod. I have very low tolerance for abusive posts.

[18]
I've reserved this color for any purposes I might choose. Don't use it or anything similar to it.

The folowing is a sample role that may or may not appear in the game

You are Octavia (The Classical Pony) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla

The example role twice? You never get to do anything useful it seems. Its not like you are lacking talent or anything! You are an earth pony that can hold and play a stringed instrument for Celestia’s sake! That’s a talent that takes most unicorns years to master! Ugh. No respect.

The lack of respect means that you aren’t useful here. You have no special abilities, only your vote and your voice.

You win when all threats to Discord have been eliminated and at least one pro-Discord player remains.

*Mod notes: No characters are confirmed to appear or not appear in this game.
Discord
aligned is the uninformed majority (town) in this game.
Last edited by Rainbowdash on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You don't earn
loyalty
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

The events of this story occur sometime after the events of My Little Pony: Friendship is Awesome.

The sun was in her eyes. Interrupting her nap. Again.

It seemed like even though everything else had descended into grey and chaos the sun never changed. It was always there and bright as ever and worst of all still in her eyes.

Rainbow Dash sighed and stood up from the cloud she had been sleeping on, looking around at the scene that was unfolding around her on the ground. It sure looked pretty chaotic down there, almost like one of Pinkie Pie’s parties multiplied by a thousand thousands or some other really big number, and then gone wrong.

She scoffed a bit at the thought of her so called friends. The ones that never even showed up when she needed them most, when her old home of Ponyville had been falling apart. Like she had thought before, sure she was the Element of Loyalty, but what is the point of being loyal when those who you protect abandon you when you actually need them in return. As far as she was concerned the Elements were done for.

None of that mattered anymore. She had her own personal Cloudsdale at this point. She had herself. She also had… well that’s really all she needed right? Her friends that had abandoned her without so much of an update after they had helped her defeating Nightmare Moon, defeating Discord that once, they had abandoned her and

…needed her help more than ever…

Rainbow Dash shook her head.

That was weird

She thought to herself as she lifted off her cloud to find a far less sunny place, the sun must be messing with her head or something. She wasn’t feeling quite right. A nap would probably fix whatever caused that space out.

As she flew off to the shade multiple sets of eyes followed her. Each glimmering with a sense of hope.
Last edited by Rainbowdash on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't earn
loyalty
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

All roles have been sent.

Please confirm by PM.

Day one will begin Sunday July 30th, 6PM PST
You don't earn
loyalty
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Day one has begun

Deadline for day one is August 19th, 7PM PST

With 15 alive it takes 8 to kick somepony out of town

Konowa has not picked up his role and has 48 hours to do so or will be replaced
You don't earn
loyalty
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Tierce »

I got my role PM and was all set to rage at Llama for drawing scum again. >.> See, this proves we Bad Apples were town all along!

VOTE: Vi
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

VOTE: TIERCE

I'm Pinkie Pie. Discuss.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 5, Tierce wrote:Bad Apples
This is NOT a Touhou-flavored game. Though there is some fandom overlap.

Also, I see that this game is clearly Fluffydash trying to capitalize on the flavor recommendations from the last game. I see through your clever scheme, Spectrumare.~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ProsecutorGodot
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by ProsecutorGodot »

Hello, everypony. I was confused by the role PMs, too, but then I realized the flavor and went "Ooooooh."

Anyway, for being the last to confirm,

VOTE: Konowa
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 6, Pinkie Pie wrote:
VOTE: TIERCE

I'm Pinkie Pie. Discuss.
I'm pretty sure I'm literate enough to read your screen name.
That doesn't mean you'll get hit with puns soon enough, though.~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

Bad apple makes for a nice screensaver.

That reminds me, am I the only llama here who's never seen MLP before?
DJ P0n-3
DJ P0n-3
Goon
DJ P0n-3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by DJ P0n-3 »

I haven't seen Season 2, so I downloaded it last night! :3

Vote: Pinkie Pie
for making me click the broken link in her signature. :mad:
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Hi, my name is Salamence20, I have no idea what is going on because i just started watching MLP.

Its easy to type your name on my phone
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote: Pinkie Pie
because if Vinyl Scratch says that's the random vote, I'm inclined to believe her.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 12, Salamence20 wrote:Hi, my name is Salamence20, I have no idea what is going on because i just started watching MLP.

Its easy to type your name on my phone
Very funny; now who's scum? (I already have some reads, so it's certainly not impossible to find them by now.)
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

I'm curious as to how the fuck everyone knows about a cartoon that I have never seen on TV...

Also I is sad that clip in my sig got removed. :(
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehmtelSZT44

Replacement for sig I guess.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Tierce »

UNVOTE: Vi
VOTE: Charlie

Speedlynch go.
Poopykins
Poopykins
Townie
Poopykins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by Poopykins »

Hello everyhorse! I am so excitehoofed for this game.

VOTE: Konowa

For being the last to coneighfirm.

Also thought I was a scum-mare, but after being confused at why I had no partneighs or quicktopsugarcubic, I realized I was town.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Post by Charlie »

Player benchmark analysis (at a glance):

01 Tierce - polar neuroticism
02 Vi - polar conscientiousness
03 Shmugen - balanced
04 DJ-P0n3 - ?
05 fatlikepig - polar neuroticism
06 Feysal - ?
07 Rarity - ?
08 Poopykins - ?
09 ProsecutorGodot - ?
10 Salamence20 - ?
11 Konowa - ?
12 Sudo_Nym - balanced
13 Charlie
14 chamber - balanced
15 Pinkie Pie - polar neuroticism

---

Hello everypony.

Vi wrote:Very funny; now who's scum? (I already have some reads, so it's certainly not impossible to find them by now.)

That's the spirit. Here are my reads on page 1, if you're at all interested:

The game starts with Tierce mentioning that the flavour is swapped with a normal type game, i.e. the mafia consist of good guys or uninformed majority (which is evident based on the sample Town role given in post #1) and a crack at the mod for "drawing scum twice". The truth behind this statement lies in the previous game, which, if my guess that people are generally lazy or have no idea how to unrar or unzip a file (a possibility!), will not get the reference that she drew a Mafia role in the previous Large Themed MLP game as a member of Discord. Now, she smugly implied that she drew Discord (Town in this game) and is pleased. A random vote is present. It feels like a natural first post, so based on this and only this I'd start off with a Town read on Tierce.

Pinkie Pie doesn't add much at this stage, then Vi posted a very enticing Touhou video which I wish to compliment with a ponified version here modified with English lyrics. As a side note, remixing and modifying videos is a strong thing within the pony fandom. He then proceeds to make some light banter.

ProsecutorGodot makes a very Town looking comment. Following that, I'd love to see Vi talk the hay out of Pinkie Pie. Sudo_Nym's mention of "Vinyl Scratch" seems to imply pre-knowledge of the game flavour (because the only obvious reference is to the player DJ P0n-3 who's alias is Vinyl Scratch), which could be obtained either via his own means, or, in a more far-fetched hypothesis, pre-game scum chat with somepony who does. Following that post, there are no more significant reads. However, I'd mention that Poopykins made terrible puns which are worthy of a facehoof reaction picture which I shall provide here, spoilered to save space:

Spoiler: Facehoof

In conclusion, Tierce and ProsecutorGodot are Town on page 1. Sudo_Nym is slightly Mafia.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Post by Charlie »

EBWOP:
VOTE: Sudo_Nym
Kindness
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:38 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

The hell is polar neuroticism?

Also that remake was poor. :(
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Meh. Vinyl Scratch is just a nerdy reference to the fact that another fan name for DJ Pon-3 is Vinyl Scratch, which is the name of the poster whose RV I randomly hopped on.

I'm going to say most of my reads are really weak, which I suppose is to be expected. All I've really noted so far is that poopykins goes way over the top with:

poopykins wrote:Also thought I was a scum-mare, but after being confused at why I had no partneighs or quicktopsugarcubic, I realized I was town.

Which makes me think that s/he may be trying to plant something. But that's probably not the case; it's probably just a silly opportunity for a bad pun. Therefere:

Vote: Poopykins
Policy pun lynch.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Post by chamber »

vote: Sudo_Nym

I was supposed to be the one to clear myself with the "WTF I'm mafia? fml! Wait, why do I have no partners?" confusion. :(. (Vote unrelated)
Taking a break from the site.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Although the game has just begun, Trixie's got reads just from page one! She should be a poet or something with that sort of rhyming ability. :P

Trixie doesn't really buy into the whole "Wow, I thought I was scum but I'm actually not!" thing; if anything, it's actually sort of scummy. Tierce's looks the most natural, if only because she was the first one to post something to that effect and because it at least has some context to it, so Trixie will put that in a sort of "null" category. Poopykins's post jumps out to Trixie as being quite contrived, and ProsecutorGodot's doesn't look fantastic either. Is her first instinct as town to be like, "Hey, guys, I'm super town because of this thing that could quite easily be made up and has been mentioned already"? Probably not.

Charlie's analysis seems quite fluffy. Wouldn't mind an explanation on the benchmark analysis thing either.

So...
The Great and Powerful Trixie shall have her revenge!

But seriously,
VOTE: Poopykins
Sproink!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”