Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Open 453 - SCIENCE! ( Game Over! )

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by Venmar »

Welcome to Open 453, SCIENCE!
[/size] [/b]

Flavor

One sunday afternoon, Dr. Venmar found himself going to work as usual. He got his car keys, he got his lunch, his tools, his files, his ID card, his special set of keys, and his trusty blue goggles. You know, the usual things a lead scientist grabs on his way to work. Venmar stopped at the door of his house and checked his figure in the side mirror, he had to make sure he looked sharp and presentable, this was a big day for him and a big day for several other people. As he left his house he was greeted by his neighbours and the sight of his precious car, a Mercedes. Returning a couple greetings, Venmar whistled a couple tunes to himself as he open the side door in his car. He plopped down, put his things on the passenger seat, started the ignition, and drove out of his driveway and down to the lab.

Now, you might be asking yourself. What is a highly respected scientist such as Dr.Venmar doing in his car, on his way to work on a sunday morning? Well first of all, that’s not for you to judge, it’s none of your business so SHUSH. Second of all, it was a big day for some students. The lab that he works at has organized an educational program where they would accept a maximum of 7 university students to come in and have a tour of the science facility and learn SCIENCE! There, they would get to take a look at the Chemistry and Physics departments, two of the most dangerous fields to take a look at, YAY! Today, was their tour of the Chemistry department.

So where does Dr.Venmar come in to this happy, totally not violent or death involved story? Well, other than the fact he is a genius, Dr.Venmar is the lead scientist of the Chemistry Department. As the lead scientist, he is the ideal person to lead the tour and show them around the Chemistry department, as well as teach them all about the no no’s and the okie dokies. Knowing full well that on a Sunday, the lab would be virtually empty other than the security and a couple super nerds who decided to work during the weekdays. Even if something happened inside the Chemistry Lab, the security would need clearance from the Lead Scientist, CEO, Co-Leading Scientist, or the Chief of Security to enter the chemistry department when it’s under lockdown, due to health and danger issues.

Dr.Venmar stopped his car at a red light, only a couple short blocks away from his lab. He nervously looked on his watch and puffed frustratingly when he realized he was several minutes late. He leaned over to the passenger seat to pick up his phone so he could notify the office at the lab, but was stopped as he heard several honks from behind him. Retreading his arm, he looked angrily in the sideview mirror and realized it was a green light. Embarrassed, Venmar started to drive again.

Once he arrived at the lab, he walked through the entrance and to the front desk where he signed in. The security officer politely smiled and waved him through before he even approached the desk fully, knowing very well who he was. Venmar proceeded to go through a series of hallways and an elevator until he reached the first security clearance. There he met his seven university students lounging in the waiting room. Smiling, Venmar brought his hands together and spoke,

“ Welcome, students.My name is Dr. Michael Venmar, and i am the Lead Scientist of this Chemistry Department. As you all know, we will be taking a tour of the department under MY supervision ONLY. I don’t want anyone going astray from the group or I will have to immediately remove you from the premises. Now, we will begin the tour once we enter the lab, come now “.

Venmar reached into the right pocket of his pants and pulled out his security clearance card and swiped it into the card reader. He waited for a couple seconds before the door automatically unlocked. Seeing that his guests were now ready, he held the door wide open to let the group walk into the corridor behind it. Once all 7 of them were in, he walked in after them and proceeded to open the second set of doors, which needed his status to be opened. It’s a reason why he comes to work extra late, so he can unlock the second set of doors and keep them on minimal clearance for the other scientists as they arrive.

The second door needed the same security clearance card, as well as a unique set of keys that only he carried around. Some might call that an overkill on security, but it’s necessary due to all the experiments they do in there with drugs, chemicals, compounds, and all that jazz. As a confidential notice, the government uses this lab occasionally and requires the lab to have tight security.

Once cleared, he let the students in and shut the door behind them all. The students all burst out in amazement and curioisty, and before he could stop them they spread out through the whole lab, amazed over the wide variety of equipment and tools kept there. Venmar sighed, knowing he will need to give them some time to calm down before even attempting anything with them. He walked through the lab to go to his office, where he put down his suitcase, his coat, and his hat. While putting his things away, he heard two sets of footsteps behind him.

As Venmar turned around, he saw two of the students from the group standing in his office. Behind them the rest of the group was widely distracted with the lab.

“ Can I help you? “ Venmar asked.

The two students looked at each other in complete silence, and seemed to have a non-verbal and non-visual connection. In agreement, the student on the right reached into their inside jacket pocket and pulled out a pistol that had a long silenced barrel on the end. Before Venmar could even gasp, the student aimed the gun at his chest and shot him three times straight through the left side of his torso. Two of the shots ruptured his heart, the third collapsed his left lung. Unable to gasp for air and make a sound and still trying to recover from enormous shock, Venmar collapsed to his knees in agonizing pain. His falling form was caught by the two students to reduce all noise. Together, they laid Venmar gently onto the floor, face up. As Venmar’s vision blurred and death seemed to overcome him as his heart stopped and lungs failed, the duo reached into his lab coat and pulled out his security clearance card and his set of keys. Taking the two pieces of items, one of them took the keys and the other the card.

The duo, with seeming ease and invisibility, leave Venmar’s office without being seen by any of the other students. They silently returned to the group and mingled with them until the group as a whole realized their tutor and scientist was missing. When they checked the office, they find the now deceased corpse of Dr.Venmar, left in the identical position the two evil students left him in.

“ Oh no... what do we do? “

“ We alert the police of course! “

“ How did he die? There’s nobody here except for us.... “

“ One of us killed Dr. Venmar! “

“ I just checked, the emergency button needs a security clearance to be activated and the power needs to be turned on with his special set of keys to give it power... does anyone have those? “

“ The Doctor probably did... check his coat and his pockets . “

“ Nothing, there’s no card or keys anywhere in here.. “

“ This is bad... this is bad... we can’t contact anyone outside and we can’t leave the lab without those keys or that card... what do we do? “

“ Without the keys we can’t power the emergency switch, and without the clearance card we can’t use it... we’re stuck in here without a way to escape or alert anyone on the outside...“

“ We need to find out who did this.. someone in here is guilty and we got to figure it out ".

- Venmar,
NPC,
was shot three times Pregame

Playerlist ( 7 Players )

• RainbowDash

• Cogito Ergo Sum

• Equinox

• Robocopter87

• Voidedmafia

• DoomYoshi
    Riss_

• Tierce

Bold = means that player has Confirmed.
Astericks ( * ) = shows how many times that player has been prodded.

Alive

Spoiler:
- RainbowDash, the
Mafia Encryptor
, has survived into Endgame and has Won!

Dead

Spoiler:
Tierce, the
Mafia Goon
, has been Brutally Lynched Day 1
Cogito Ergo Sum, a
Town DayMason
, has been Toilet Drowned Night 1
DoomYoshi, a
Vanilla townie
, has been Poison Lynched Day 2
Voidedmafia, a
Town DayMason
, has been Brutally Assassinated Night 2
Equinox, a
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched & Executed Day 3
Robocopter87, a
Vanilla Townie
, has been executed during Endgame

Modkilled

Spoiler:
No one, and let's hope it stays that way.
Last edited by Venmar on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 21 times in total.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Venmar »

GAME RULES:

( Credit goes to TraceyLyn11 for the rules )

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines

• Votes must be bolded in one of two ways:
    Vote: Venmar
    or VOTE: Venmar. If they are not bolded, they will not be counted, and I will inform you of your error so you can correct it.
  • Unvotes are not required. If you use unvotes, bold them much like normal votes. Either
    Unvote: Venmar
    or UNVOTE: Venmar.
  • Nicknames are allowed when voting so long as I can easily decipher who you are referring to.
  • In order for a lynch to occur, a majority of votes must be reached. A majority is one half of the living players plus one.
  • No Lynches are allowed. The same voting rules apply to voting for a No Lynch (i.e. bolded, majority must be reached).
  • Once a voting decision is made, and the final majority vote is placed, no amount of unvoting will prevent this action from occurring – even if I am not online at the time of the final vote.
  • If a majority is not reached by deadline, there will be a no lynch.
  • Deadlines for each game day are three weeks long. Deadline extensions will only be granted under extreme circumstances. Deadline extensions will not exceed five days.
  • Once a lynch has been made, the game enters twilight. All players who were alive before the lynch (including the newly lynched player) may continue posting until I am available to lock the thread and post the lynch scene.
  • Once you die, you are no longer allowed to post until end-game (excluding the scenario above).
  • “Bah” posts are not allowed. Once you’re dead, you’re dead.
  • Nights will last two days. They will not be cut short even if all actions are submitted.
  • Night actions may be submitted via QuickTopic (if you have one) or PM. If you do not wish to submit an action, let me know by saying, “No Action.”
  • If an action is not submitted by night’s deadline, it will be taken as a No Action.

Prods, Replacements, and Modkills

• Prods will be issued via PM.
  • Prods will be sent after a player has not posted in game for approximately forty-eight hours (unless you have notified me that you will be V/LA).
  • If there is not a response to the prod in approximately twenty-four hours, I will begin searching for a replacement. If you respond before I find a replacement, you are allowed to continue playing.
  • Once a player receives three prods, I will begin searching for a replacement. Even if they return before I find a replacement, they will not get another chance to continue playing.
  • I would appreciate it if you would post in-thread (even if you have it set in your control panel) or PM me when you will be V/LA (Vacation/Limited Access). If I believe your V/LA will last too long, I will replace you.
  • If you feel the need to request a replacement, please PM me doing so. If I consider the reasons very selfish, I may deem it fit that you must find a replacement for me.
  • If you break any of these rules, I reserve the right to replace or modkill you.
  • If you are modkilled for breaking one of these rules, it will be done in a manner that hurts your faction. (i.e. if you’re town, day will end. If you are scum, day will continue). You will also be turned into a neutral survivor, so you are unable to claim a victory or loss.
  • If I make an error that could break the game, I reserve the right to replace or modkill you. If it
    is
    an error on my part, you and your faction will not be punished.

General

• The Mafia Scum Rules apply in this game, as well as my own. If any of them contradict, please feel free to notify me.
  • Under no circumstances are you allowed to contact a player within this game while this game is ongoing, unless your Role PM states otherwise.
  • Personal feuds are not allowed, and if they get out of hand, I will force-replace or modkill the offenders.
  • Quoting anything from me (including Role PM’s) that is said outside of this game thread is prohibited. Pretending to quote something is prohibited, as well. Paraphrasing is allowed.
  • Bold
    all requests to me, so it is less likely for me to miss them. If the topic you wish to discuss is personal or has to do with a serious mod error (one that could break the game), please address me via PM.
  • Editing or deleting posts is not allowed. You shouldn’t have this ability to begin with, but if you do, do not use it.
  • Do not use ridiculously small, invisible, or encrypted text.
  • Red is my color. Don’t use it. ( Color #FF0000 )

• I will try to provide a vote count on every page.
  • As the moderator of this game, I reserve the right to change, add, or remove any of these rules at any time. I also reserve the right to replace or modkill any offenders, with or without a warning.

Etiquette

• Vulgar language is allowed; however, excessive amounts (to the point where you’re trying to be vulgar) are not. I will warn you if you become unnecessarily crude. If you continue, I will modkill or replace you.
  • If anyone has a problem with vulgar language, feel free to PM me about it, and I will make any necessary changes to the above rule in order to accommodate your wishes.
  • Please don’t go missing without informing me first.
  • If you are getting angry with someone, take a break and relax. It’s just a game. Don’t make it personal.
  • Be mature. We aren’t in elementary school anymore. Use your big-boy words if you’re in an argument.
Last edited by Venmar on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by Venmar »

The Setup of SCIENCE!

• 3 Vanilla Townies

• 2 Day Masons

• 1 Mafia Goon

• 1 Mafia Encryptor

• Daystart
  • The mafia has daytalk and nightalk.
  • The Day Masons can only talk during the day.
  • The mafia possesses a factional kill during the night.

Sample Role PM's

Vanilla TownieWelcome,
Playername
, you are a
Vanilla Townie!

You are a simple University student who has come to the chemistry lab to learn SCIENCE! Other than your ability to learn about science and ask pointless questions, you have no real power other than your voice, and your vote. Use both wisely! You win when there are no members of the mafia left standing, regardless if you are alive or dead. Please confirm your role name via PM.

Day MasonWelcome,
Playername
, you are a
Day Mason!

You and
XXX
are the duo scientists. You two have been BFF's since grade school and up to this point, you two have been loyal and honest to each other to the fullest. You know each other inside out, so you can trust the other completely. ( In other words, your partner is confirmed town. ) You may talk to your partner during the full course of each DAY
Here
. You also possess a vote and your voice, use both wisely! You win when there are no members of the mafia left standing, regardless if you are alive or dead. Please confirm your role name via PM.

Mafia GoonWelcome,
Playername
, you are a
Mafia Goon

You and
XXX
, the
Mafia Encryptor
, are the two evil university scientists gone mad. You two have been doing some pretty kinky and weird things in and out of school, and together you are mad / crazy scientists in the works. Together, you two have devised a plan to steal the chemistry department's most reactive and dangerous chemicals, compounds, and elements.

You can talk to your partner anytime
Here
. There, you can talk during the full course of the day, and the night to coordinate your moves and all that jazz. You two also possess a factional kill between the two of you that you can use each night. You two win once you outnumber the town players. Please confirm your role name to me via PM.

Mafia EncryptorWelcome,
Playername
, you are a
Mafia Encryptor

You and
XXX
, the
Mafia Goon
, are the two evil university scientists gone mad. You two have been doing some pretty kinky and weird things in and out of school, and together you are mad / crazy scientists in the works. Together, you two have devised a plan to steal the chemistry department's most reactive and dangerous chemicals, compounds, and elements.

You can talk to your partner anytime
Here
. There, you can talk during the full course of the day, and the night to coordinate your moves and all that jazz. You two also possess a factional kill between the two of you that you can use each night. You two win once you outnumber the town players. Please confirm your role name to me via PM.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Post by Venmar »

Role PM's are being made right now. Expect your role to arrive in your inbox shortly!

Edit: ALL Role PM's have now been sent. The game will start once 6 out of 7 players in the game have confirmed to me via PM.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by Venmar »

6 out of 7 players have confirmed their roles. Day 1 has now officially started!

Votecount 1.0

[L-4] Rainbowdash:

[L-4] Cogito Ergo Sum:

[L-4] Equinox:

[L-4] Robocopter87:

[L-4] Voidedmafia:

[L-4] Riss:

[L-4] Tierce:

Not Voting

• Rainbowdash, Cogito Ergo Sum, Equinox, Robocopter87, Voidedmafia, Riss, Tierce

Deadline

• October 25th, 2012

Mod Notes

• No one is V/LA
  • Cogito Ergo Sum has still yet to confirm.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Fastest confirmation time ever?

I think perhaps.

VOTE: Venmar
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Riss_
Riss_
Townie
Riss_
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Riss_ »

Haiii.

vote: VoidedMafia
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

You can always look it up.

Equi, if I call you a he, I'm apologizing in advance.

Vote: CES

Confirm, ya bastard!

P-EDIT: Oh, that's nice. Stick it right to me -_-.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Vote Voided
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 8, Rainbowdash wrote:
Vote Voided

Not you, too...I thought we were friends, Dashie...

Riss_
Riss_
Townie
Riss_
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Post by Riss_ »

Apparently you were wrong.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am

Post by Tierce »

VOTE: Equinox
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:20 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: Voidedmafia
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:02 am

Post by Equinox »

Unvote, Vote: Tierce
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:23 am

Unvote, vote: Tierce

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 13, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Vote: Voidedmafia

OMGUS.

Riss_
Riss_
Townie
Riss_
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:11 am

Post by Riss_ »

Or he's just trying to put people at L-1 for reactions. :P
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:13 am

Riss_, are you scum? If yes, why?

Riss_
Riss_
Townie
Riss_
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:17 am

Post by Riss_ »

Nope.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:44 am

Post by Minimum »

Then why aren't you voting for Tierce?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:47 am

In post 20, Minimum wrote:Then why aren't you voting for Tierce?

That was me.

Riss_
Riss_
Townie
Riss_
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Riss_ »

Clearly we are in RVS stage and there hasn't been anything posted by anyone that could be considered a "slip up" in their possible alignment nor is there anything really solid to base off a scum/town read.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:50 am

That doesn't answer my question.

Riss_