Micro 47: Think Twice

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Micro 47: Think Twice

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Welcome to Micro 47, think twice!

These are mostly the same rules as for Micro 14 and 32, as they worked pretty well there.

Rules

- For the love of god, follow the rules of the website
- Don't be a total dick
- No trying to break the game by quoting PMs, timestamps, any shit like that.

Deadlines, et al

- Deadlines will be every 10 days
- You will be prodded if you have not posted in 48 hours (Weekends will count as 24 hours for the entire weekend).
- On the third prod you will be replaced, deadlines will be extended until replacement is found.
- If there is no lynch at deadline, the first time deadline will be extended 4 days. The second time, scum get a kill (this probably means they win)

Special Mechanics

The first lynch of day 1 is special. If you lynch town, I will reveal their alignment in the thread. They will die at the end of day 2. If you lynch scum, they will die as normal

Three Players have received the following Role PM:

Town Role PMYo, you're town. That means you can post and vote and stuff.

You win when all the evil, evil scum (who are also terrible people) are dead and buried.

One player has the following PM:
Goon Role PMYou're a normal goon! That means you're terrible, horrible, and evil. But you do have a streak of loyalty. If your godfather dies, you will commit suicide. I guess you're actually a member of the Yakuza, not the mafia. Your godfather and you may chat for 24 hours after the game opens in <THIS QT>

You win when there's the same number of town as there are scum. Because then you can gun them down in cold blood. You monster.

One player has received this role PM
Godfather Role PMYou're a mafia godfather! That means you're scheming mastermind of evil. You have one minion who has sworn his undying loyalty to you. Too bad you don't care if he lives or dies! Perils of being a minion of an evil overlord. Your minion and you may chat for 24 hours after the game opens in <THIS QT>

You win when there's the same number of town as there are scum. Because then you can gun them down in cold blood. You monster.

This is a modnote. If you manage to duplicate THIS, it has to be intentional. I won't be very amused.

Living Players

Seanald

Cheery Dog

RobertMontana

Mehdi2277

Dead Players

Natural_river,
Mafia Goon
Lynched Day 1
Last edited by GreyICE on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by GreyICE »

4 players have confirmed. Just waiting for the last.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

What up ladies.

Seanald - Town
Cheery Dog - Godfather
Robert Montana - Obvtown/Town leader
Mehdi2277 - Goon
Natural_river - Town

VOTE: Cheery Dog

2 more votes plz.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

So I see you are capable of rolling dice and seeing if they align.

they don't, my goon is clearly Seanald.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Post by Seanald »

Robert Montana I accept you as my master lead me into your arms of safety and trust.

VOTE: CheeryDog
Natural_river
Natural_river
Townie
Natural_river
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Post by Natural_river »

Hey guys !

Nice bandwagon Seanald.
By the way, you look like sh*t today.
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 am

Post by Seanald »

thanks dude Appreciate that someone noticed!
Natural_river
Natural_river
Townie
Natural_river
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:25 am

Post by Natural_river »

You're welcome, who made you?
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by Seanald »

myself
Natural_river
Natural_river
Townie
Natural_river
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Post by Natural_river »

I have several questions for you guys.

1.) If you had the choice to save a suicidal unknown homeless man, but have to lose your wealth in doing so, would you?
And why?

2.) It's cold and snowing outside, the grocery store is just around the corner, you could put on your snow clothes, but then you might
not make it in time to get food for Christmas dinner.
Would you go out anyway and risk the cold? Or put it on anyway and be warm, but possibly without Christmas dinner?

3.) What is in my pocket?

Hope you guys answer these, it would clear up a lot on who is who in my mind.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

What wealth?

How far to you have to travel to be able to miss christmas dinner because you left 6 months beforehand?

Nothing, I pickpocked you early and took everything out. I did find a card proclaiming you to be stupid question asking scum though.

VOTE: natural_river
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Natural_river
Natural_river
Townie
Natural_river
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:09 am

Post by Natural_river »

Cheerydog, I think you don't understand the logic in asking questions at the start of a game.
They are stupid, but not stupid, they can lead to something meaningful.

What wealth you ask?
You have a computer, that's part of wealth.
The wealth part is supposed to be left up to the reader.

How far to you have to travel to be able to miss christmas dinner because you left 6 months beforehand?

what?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I have christmas in summer (although it doesn't snow here at all anyway, but I had to answer the question in regards to that, in which it would be winter)

I understand why RQS exists, however I don't see how it helps. I will answer them because my hatred of it isn't that big, and in the hope it actually helps prove something one of these times.
Your questions don't give anything towards anybodies alignment, and are therefore unless in the game.
Natural_river
Natural_river
Townie
Natural_river
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:21 am

Post by Natural_river »

Your pessimism towards random questions is uncool man.
So not cool.
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:52 am

Post by Seanald »

It sucks but I wouldn't give the homeless man my wealth in hopes that obtain more wealth to set up a homeless shelter for him and his friends, uhhh suck it broke the question.

I would brave the cold and buy dinner assuming my dinner wont be alone i wouldnt let others go without dinner, I can run very fast and do it atop snow.

My hand is in your pocket!!!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 1.1

Cheery Dog
- RobertMontoya, Seanald
Natural_River
- CheeryDog

Not Voting
- Medhi2277, natural_river

Medhi has been prodded
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I don't want to answer the questions, nor do I plan to.

Next VOTE: natural river. Mainly because what's wrong with the wagon on cheery? Going off your tone you questioned seanald for making a wagon on cheery and I don't see anything wrong with that.
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by Seanald »

interesting.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

A bit more then just interesting could help going from there.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

Wow so this isn't progressing very fast. I thought my opening post would kinda speed up RVS... Content time!

In post 3, Cheery Dog wrote:So I see you are capable of rolling dice and seeing if they align.

they don't, my goon is clearly Seanald.

Post is innocuous enough I suppose, but I notice that you posted only a few minutes after me even though the game had been open for hours. @Cheery Dog, was that a coincidence or did you not want to be the first to post?

In post 4, Seanald wrote:Robert Montana I accept you as my master lead me into your arms of safety and trust.

VOTE: CheeryDog

Drawing unnecessary attention makes me think town, but that is hella WIFOM-loaded really.

In post 9, Natural_river wrote:I have several questions for you guys.

1.) If you had the choice to save a suicidal unknown homeless man, but have to lose your wealth in doing so, would you?
And why?

2.) It's cold and snowing outside, the grocery store is just around the corner, you could put on your snow clothes, but then you might
not make it in time to get food for Christmas dinner.
Would you go out anyway and risk the cold? Or put it on anyway and be warm, but possibly without Christmas dinner?

3.) What is in my pocket?

Hope you guys answer these, it would clear up a lot on who is who in my mind.

I am not answering random questions (particularly when they are actually random). Job of town is to make the game clearer and this stuff just lets scum post answers instead of content to glide by. Drawing even more attention than Seanald also feels town but again, WIFOM.

Also, the exchange between Seanald and natural river (apart from making me want two days of policy lynches :P) is interesting. I highly doubt they are two scum talking to one another, but could either be both town or one town and one scum. The latter would mean one derptown not wanting to get out of RVS and one scum trying to seem active without content because they can't fake scumhunt.

In post 12, Cheery Dog wrote:I have christmas in summer (although it doesn't snow here at all anyway, but I had to answer the question in regards to that, in which it would be winter)

I understand why RQS exists, however I don't see how it helps. I will answer them because my hatred of it isn't that big, and in the hope it actually helps prove something one of these times.
Your questions don't give anything towards anybodies alignment, and are therefore unless in the game.

As stated, I agree with the sentiment. Interesting that you answered anyway, because in essence by doing so, you are committing the same sin of substituting randomness for content.

In post 16, Mehdi2277 wrote:I don't want to answer the questions, nor do I plan to.

Next VOTE: natural river. Mainly because what's wrong with the wagon on cheery? Going off your tone you questioned seanald for making a wagon on cheery and I don't see anything wrong with that.

I really do not like this vote. Starts off well enough (although possibly paranoid scum at giving away reads), but the logic on natural river is poor. The vote is based on natural river's first vote which was obviously very RVS. Given that there ARE better reasons to suspect natural river/seanald (their conversation obfuscating alignment), I do not like that you voted him for an RVS vote.

To me, it feels like early day bussing: Mehdiscum busses natural river to distance, but uses a reason that means the wagon will never get traction.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mehdi
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 19, RobertMontana wrote:
Post is innocuous enough I suppose, but I notice that you posted only a few minutes after me even though the game had been open for hours. @Cheery Dog, was that a coincidence or did you not want to be the first to post?

I had seen that the game was open beforehand, and I didn't know what I should be post, so no it wasn't a coincidence.

In post 19, RobertMontana wrote:
As stated, I agree with the sentiment. Interesting that you answered anyway, because in essence by doing so, you are committing the same sin of substituting randomness for content.

I do answer almost everything addressed to me, because there may be a hidden point amongst the question. I don't understand what it is, but since it may be there (though probably not in this case) I will respond.
Natural_river
Natural_river
Townie
Natural_river
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:00 am

Post by Natural_river »

I must say I do appreciate being serious at this game, but some funny questions to get started couldn't hurt.
Kind of an introduction to the game, and normally the answers to silly question leads on to discussion.
I don't understand how RobertMontana would think his random list of suspicions would get us out of RVS.

I have nothing against the wagon on cheerydog, I just stated that he was on a wagon, no questions.
It was RVS, so I don't find that suspicious actually, it was also too obvious.
I don't like cheerydog's reaction to my questions, half cooperation, half assed answers.
It's because I pull attention that I'm a suspect, lame.

I don't like mehdi's vote on me, but it seems the most reasonable.
It's the least RVS kind of vote, leading us into serious play.

VOTE: RobertMontana

Why do you find Mehdi's vote a poor one?
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 am

Post by Seanald »

You just supported Roberts reasoning there with your post.

Arms of trust and safety!!!

VOTE: Meh di
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

And sean how does your vote make any sense?

Robert yes I think natural's reaction to the second cheery vote was bad. Town would want wagons since it gets more pressure while scum tend to like chaos. Don't think natural/cheery are scum together (both have fosed/voted the other and with one being GF I don't see it as likely). I think you're town, which leaves sean as scum number two. Both sean and natural are players I'd want to lynch.
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 am

Post by Seanald »

you and natural are buddies

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”