Mini 233: Gem Mafia (Day five, Game over.)

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:07 pm

Post by Bacde »

First off, an SK
is
scum. Any anti-town role fits into the generic category of 'scum'.

Also, Chaotic_Diablo, I am sorry to say that the missing kill fits into category number 3. The only reason I'm willing to claim my full role now, is because we have 4 people left, and with one possible death even w/ no lynch, I think today is our last day. I am Quartz, and since when under pressure I emit electric charges, I nullify all night-actions that require physical contact with me to work. I also have a 50% chance of repelling them.

I don't want to be a nit-prick here, but two parts of chaotic_diablo's last post seem off. One is your interest in the missing kill, which I will note. The other is just a small word error that would only mean something if we really ARE forced to play by looking at mod PM wordings.

Still though, every post thus far has changed my views on who I think is scum.

Shiryu, you are up to bat at the claim game.
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:33 am

Post by This is not me »

if anyone interests i can tell my gem too
The music freak :P
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:02 am

Post by Shiryu »

Alright, I am diamond, beefed up townie. My durability allows me to survive one, and only one attempt on my life at night.

Assuming Bacde is telling the truth about his role, and that Darquiel did indeed protect Coron, that means that the night no one was killed, either he or I were targeted.

And I just have to point this out: I looked it up, and obsidian really doesn't really look like a faceted gem to me.

I'll have to re-read everything as well, since at this moment, the only thing I have to go on is the possibility that TINM could indeed be the godfather, and that he is the replacement to someone we considered scummy when he was still playing. Which is pretty lousy evidence really; not much to go for. Anyway, the way he worded his ability first makes me think he's probably telling the truth.
I am the eggman, woo!
They are the eggmen, woo!
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob!
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:39 am

Post by This is not me »

now this is what i think: chaotic diablo:noone other has been vigilante yet and well usually games have it,so that makes it belivable.what adds a little scum effect is that you cause deleyed kills what i protect from and that is kinda weird.

bacde & shiryu your roles seem a bit to similiar for that small game.So maybe one of you is lieing.
Also to chaotic diablo:I didnt agree from the start beacause i wasent sure if i should rc and say that he is gonna die anyway,so town could lynch someone else or to not say and save someone this night,but well the day went so fast that i hadent time to figure that out.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:23 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Here is my opinion. TINM's role is strange because it seemed to be made just to counter my own role. Bacde's role is strange because there is a redundancy with nullifying and repelling. Shiryu's role is strange because I say so and you can't do anything about it. :D

Overall, I think Bacde or Shiryu is scum. Shiryu claimed last, which meant he knew that the gem 'diamond' was open. It's pretty unlikely that TINM will have that gem. Both Bacde and Shiryu also have some immunity to night killing, which suggests godfather-like abilities. If you ask me, I'm leaning toward Bacde more since Shiryu did suggest that he never thought of a 'godfather' in the first place.

If you don't believe i'm a vigilante, I'll prove in another way. Say TINM isn't godfather and you lynch me. godfather kills TINM and you lose anyway.
Say TINM isn't godfather and you lynch the godfather, You'd still have enough time to lynch me the next day if you believe I'm the SK. I really can't do anything since my ability is a delayed night kill, not instant.
Say TINM is the godfather and you lynch me. TINM can kill shiryu if he targeted him before for a 100% chance of loss for town, or target Bacde for a 50% chance of town losing. If for some reason you actaually avoid a loss, you will know TINM is godfather.
Say TINM is the godfather and you lynch him, you'd still have enough time to lynch me the next day.
Either way, if you lynch me, you'd better believe TINM is godfather or town is screwed.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:28 pm

Post by This is not me »

yeah chatoic you have a point,that moves more suspection to rest of the 2
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:27 am

Post by Bacde »

Not to mention your role is strange, a night-choice delayed-kill vig who decided to randomly choose someone day 1.

Also, You've clearly muddled up and misunderstood my role. I ALWAYS nullify all night actions against me that require physical contact with me to work. I ALSO have a 50% chance of 'repelling' (word used) the night action on me to target the person who targetted me.

I'd like to mention to everyone that when crola died, seeing that he was amber and that the gunk-kill looked like the only one that
didn't
require physical contact to work. This is why I've been trying to get the scum to target me, and from what I've seen, it looks like its worked at least once, unless the scum targetted Shiryu assuming he is telling the truth.

I'm considering the idea that Shiryu is a godfather. It would make sense because Diamonds are usually facetted, thus he would turn out innocent.

My major problem though is that TINM's role goes directly to counter Chaotic_Diablo's role. I don't understand why a pro-town role would be made to counter another pro-town. This leads me to believe that one of the two is anti-town, and considering that ALL of the kills claimed by C_D were on scum, I am beggining to think that TINM is scum. I'd like a full official claim please, including gem type.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:26 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I'd like a full claim from TINM as well before I make any final judgements.

This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:13 pm

Post by This is not me »

gem:bloodstone anyone ever heard of it before? role name:reviver and rle like i said before is that i can save someone from deleyed kill during the day,if i havent done so last day.but yeah me and chatoic diablo's roles aree somewhat agains eachother,but at least i know i am not a scum....
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:17 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

TINM, can you describe how your gem can save others? My role says that I scratch people which causes the delayed night kill. Bacde's role says he produces an electrical charge or something like that. Shiryu's gem is the hardest natural material so it makes sense that he would be saved from one night kill.
How does your role fit with your gem? Surely your gem doesn't just save people by imagination?

This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:40 pm

Post by This is not me »

mhhh oky the mod pm writen with my words are like: you'r bloodstone.Some night kills are delayed and they dont kill untill the end of the day.These are reaveled at the start of day as someone who has been lightly injured.once every day you can revive someone who has been targeted by deleyed kill.
so answer to your question should be reviive,i also got a cool pm from mod after reviving darquiel
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:30 pm

Post by Shiryu »

From wikipedia: "Quartz is also a type of piezoelectric crystal that creates electricity through a process called piezoelectricity when mechanical stress is put upon it". So at the least, Bacde's claimed gem, ability and description all make sense. Obsidian scratching other gems makes sense because it is a type of naturally ocurring glass. However, I couldn't find any particular properties on bloostone, better known as chalcedony; just that it was used to make things like spear heads and such.

Now, I've read about mafia games that include pro-town roles that limit a vigilante, so that he doesn't go trigger-happy on the town, so I don't find this possible combination odd.

I haven't gotten around to reading the whole game yet, so at the moment, neither of you is really standing out as being scummy to me.
I am the eggman, woo!
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:54 am

Post by This is not me »

mhhh well at now if i would have choose 1 of you 3 to vote for,i would vote for shiryu,but well no need to hurry with things,we need to be as careful as can be at now....
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:22 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

My vote would go to Bacde. I find it strange his role was specifically made just so only the SK can kill him. Of course, Bacde can't really use the SK as an argument as the SK is already dead.
Followed by that, Quartz produces electricity through
mechanical
stress, not any type object that touches it. Mechanical means: of or relating to machines. I'm not quite reliant on the "wording", but I'm keeping a pretty close eye on it.

I'm quite convinced that TINM isn't godfather as without him, it just doesn't seem possible that he saved Darquiel. However, it's quite possible that my role isn't fullproof and TINM is taking advantage of that.

Now, I can't end a post without presenting my suspicions on Shiryu. Well, I'm not getting scummy vibes from him, but I'm having problems believing his role.

chalcedony: Another type of Quartz. There are many different types of quartz, for instance, Smoky Quartz. An interesting fact about Obsidian is that it is sometimes mistaken for Smoky Quartz.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:12 pm

Post by Bacde »

If you vote based soley on role claim, I will be forced to give you a major FOS if not a vote my friend. But I don't want to vote you because ATM I don't think you are scum.

The only scum vibes I am getting are from Shiryu, but I can't rule out TINM because his posts are barely understandable, and thus I get almost no life-vibes from them either.
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:11 pm

Post by This is not me »

are my posts barly understandabe beacause my poor english or i just talk too much confusing things?
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:10 am

Post by This is not me »

this is getting more and more dead....
EnderX
EnderX
Goon
EnderX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:39 am

Post by EnderX »

Agreed. Day does need to drive on.

Deadline: 72 hours from this post. If no clear loser, no lynch.
"No trees were harmed during the production of this post. However, several electrons were severely inconvenienced."
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:32 pm

Post by Bacde »

OK, I've been reading through the thread multiple times, and unfortunately the votecounts do not help me since there is a block of 4 people on every single vote, 1 of which is confirmed pro-town, one of which is confirmed anti-town, and the last 2 are in question as of now.

Also, reading the front, I noticed that the two known mafia were
coral
and
pearl
, leading me to beleive we have a sea-based mafia. Also, reading through the list of known roles ALL of the pro-town were gems that are usually faceted, and the anti-town roles were ones that are less often faceted in real-life jewlery. For proof, go to google imagesearch and check "Faceted (Gem)". You will get less results for all of the anti-town roles.

Now, as I already said, I think a sea-based mafia is likely, so I think someone is not only lying about their role, but also about their
gem type
. Also, I have earlier stated that I think that either TINM or C_D was scum, since their roles directly go against each other. Unfortunately, TINM's roleclaim doesn't fit with it's gem at all, or at least TINM hasn't told us the reason it fits. Since
Bloodstone
is a type of
Quartz
, which is a role I
know
I am (but you don't, mind you), and going along with the other evidence I have already stated, I think TINM is scum.

Not to mention the scumminess we found to be going along with Fry Guy before he was replaced, and TINM's obsession with making sure everyone thought Fry Guy was innocent as soon as he joined the game.

My only problem is that Obsidian is lower on the Hardness scale than most of the other gems on this game, BUT all of his claimed kills are against mafia, and I just
Can't
call that scummy.

With this, I feel good enough with a
Vote: This is not me
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:29 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

vote TIMN
it's a giant gamble from here on out.

This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:30 pm

Post by This is not me »

you cant make connections between my role and bloodstone?like doh it has blood in it and that directly means that i am some kind of protection character or at the other hadn mafia could to with blood to,but healing roles are more likely
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:15 pm

Post by Shiryu »

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and
Vote: This is not me

>_>

<_<
I am the eggman, woo!
EnderX
EnderX
Goon
EnderX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:36 am

Post by EnderX »

As the day wears on, all four of the remaining gems begin to clamor at once. Each begins telling who/what he is, and then finding some way to accuse another. In the end, though, they choose to kick out This is not me, and throw him from the case. Have they finally gotten rid of the last scum?

Sadly, no. As the green flecks remaining show, all they've done is kick one more of their own away.

TINM, Bloodstone, Reviver-Lynched Day 4

It is now night. Please send in your choices.
"No trees were harmed during the production of this post. However, several electrons were severely inconvenienced."
EnderX
EnderX
Goon
EnderX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:35 am

Post by EnderX »

As day began to dawn, Bacde wandered out from his shelf to see the results of the night. He arrived at the center of the case, where a shards of some black material awaited him. Bending over, he carefully touched a piece, which felt cool to the touch, and smooth...as smooth as glass.

C_D, Obsidian, Vig-Shattered Night 5.

Startled by the recognition, Bacde tried to straighten up. Partway through, he was struck in the shoulder, and a brief flare of light occured. When it ended, he was on the ground, on his hands and knees. He turned, to notice Shiryu also rising. "You...", he said.

Shiryu took on a gloating look. "Yeah. Me. And now, to finish you!"

Bacde began to feel confidence again. "You just saw, you can't touch me! Even if you try, you'll end up killing yourself!"

Shiryu just shook his head. "I think not, Quartz. Look where you're standing."

Bacde looked down. His feet were at the edge of the case, almost hanging over the side. By the time he looked back up, it was too late. Shiryu was already rushing him.

The impact created a big enough spark to light up the predawn museum for a brief instant. Shiryu was hurled backwards into the case, while Bacde was also hurled away, unharmed...except that he was flying over the floor, with no chance to stop himself before landing.

Shiryu watched, an evil gleam in his eyes, as Bacde shattered against the ground far below.

Bacde, Quartz, Contact Reflector-Killed in Endgame.

Victory goes to the
Mafia
. Congratulations to Shiryu, Coron, and Rhapsdy2.
Roles and Night actions will follow shortly.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon
Location: Anywhere inconvenient and always positioned to trip you.

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:02 am

Post by Kain »

Hmm good game
I've been following it. I would like to point out now that I can speak( since the game is over) that I was RIGHT about Coron and Crola both being scum.=)
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”