PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 am

Post by PeregrineV »

GF result: Holy shit! I'm already a weak ass cop that can't detect opinions, only facts, and the only way I became useful was because of the mass roleclaim, which ultimately sucked for town.

Based on this, curious as to how a GF affects:

Hider
Weak Cop
Gunsmtih
Insane cop

@Yates- I had already asked Jason about multiple names, etc. and he said no, but the fact you bit on it gave you a slight townread when you first replaced in.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:49 am

Post by PeregrineV »

And I thought it trough and if, but some grace of God Yates or AuntJ was lynched, town would have still lost.

Yates, me, Nost, Xelath
Kill Nost, stick with Pere scum, Xelath votes me.

AuntJ, me, Nost, Xelath
Kill Nost, stick with Pere scum, Xelath votes me.

Kind of depressing.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2662, jasonT1981 wrote:With this ending, my next large will be in signups soon, I am accepting pre-ins and accepting requests to be notified when in sign ups.. It is a friends/how I met your mother/ two and a half men/big bang theory mash up Closed UPick draft style. Titled - How two and a half friends banged your mother.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4752682

PM me if you want /in :D

Hated the GF result to the lie detector. If she had said "Yeah, I'm the godfather. :roll: " and I lie detected that, would result would I get?

I thought the 4 scum power vs 5 town power to be heavily scumsided. The masslcaim idea was good on AuntJ's part, but it really only outed me and Xelath. Doc and cop stayed hidden (as they should have). The only reason I claimed was hoping the cop would shut up, and to make everyone post the I am town, which gave me cop-like powers. qwints being the early cop outted so soon hurt us bad.

/grumble grumble grumble

:shifty:

/pre-in for banging mom
:lol:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 2672, Darthe wrote:Aunt J stole this game, but all in all it was an impressive display from the entire team.
In post 2673, PeregrineV wrote:Between Stranger's 3 roleblocks on me, AuntJ's investigation, Yates neighborizing, and Devotress's TOWN result, and reading the scum QT, I feel like I was playing against the enitre scumteam.
This is my sentiment as well. I was incredibly impressed with the play of my scumbuddies. Though I played a strong early-game, their late-game play was what really pulled us through.

In post 2674, PeregrineV wrote:We had 3 straight days of town deaths and 3 days of lylo or mylo. How did you think you weren't going to win?
Yates and I were rather buddy-buddy in 5P lylo. If one of us went down, the other was likely to die. Convincing the town that there was a scum lie-detector is something I went into the day skeptical of being possible. I thought our best chance of winning was when we had all four members alive, and that once Cougy got lynched that our chances of winning dropped significantly.
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2678, Aunt Jemina wrote:
In post 2672, Darthe wrote:Aunt J stole this game, but all in all it was an impressive display from the entire team.
In post 2673, PeregrineV wrote:Between Stranger's 3 roleblocks on me, AuntJ's investigation, Yates neighborizing, and Devotress's TOWN result, and reading the scum QT, I feel like I was playing against the enitre scumteam.
This is my sentiment as well. I was incredibly impressed with the play of my scumbuddies. Though I played a strong early-game, their late-game play was what really pulled us through.

In post 2674, PeregrineV wrote:We had 3 straight days of town deaths and 3 days of lylo or mylo. How did you think you weren't going to win?
Yates and I were rather buddy-buddy in 5P lylo. If one of us went down, the other was likely to die. Convincing the town that there was a scum lie-detector is something I went into the day skeptical of being possible. I thought our best chance of winning was when we had all four members alive, and that once Cougy got lynched that our chances of winning dropped significantly.

You kept the long-term view in the scumQT, Yates brought activity, and Devotress came up with good logic in the end also.

I hate all of you, but well played. :P
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Speaking of which,
Xelath and Nost
, tell me why the hell you believed in a role called Mafia Lie Detector. :eek:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Nostredeus »

Honestly I couldn't know what exactly was in that neighbourhood QT, I wanted a lynch on AuntJ, who had legit no case on me, but it wasn't going to happen. I had no leverage to push Xelath towards AuntJ and yates/AuntJ had this QT thing, which I honestly don't think is that conclusive but was working big time for them since I had no access to it; we were done for even if I'd voted AuntJ.

I dunno why you investigated me, a yates investigation would have been golden, I take it you thought I was more likely to be scum? If so I'll go ahead and take a lot of the rap for this loss, potentially I could have played more townie late game. *Shrugs*
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Nostredeus »

I also needed the cred on the off chance Yates was town and you were scum; best play of a bad lot imo.
Xelath
Xelath
Goon
Xelath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 am

Post by Xelath »

In post 2680, PeregrineV wrote:Speaking of which,
Xelath and Nost

I didn't really believe it 100%, but the game seemed pretty trollsy at that point, so I was like, "What the hell?! It seems like anything is possible at this point."
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Nostredeus »

Oh Jason, I'll happily pre-in for that game. I've got a decent pick set up and guarantee you'll have fun coming up with a role pm. :D
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:25 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Fun fact about the last day. Much of the evidence we used against Grinny were in fact things we had discussed doing in our own scum QT. E.g., Grinny being scum and clearing his scumbuddy in lylo (Auntie being scum and clearing her "scumbuddy" Lurker in lylo), Grinny faking being roleblocked each night (Auntie being "roleblocked").
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:27 am

Post by qwints »

Major props to Aunt Jemima's incredibly bold mass-claim move.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:37 am

Post by qwints »

In post 2612, Aunt Jemina wrote:Why would I investigate the same player that my scumteam intended to kill? It doesn't make sense because I'm not scum.

Still rolling my eyes at this one.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 2677, PeregrineV wrote:/pre-in for banging mom
This, too.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:57 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2672, Darthe wrote:Yates, I can't believe you managed to be that blatantly aggressive and get away with it. How much time did you have to spend reading this thread man?

A lot, my friend. A LOT!

The first couple of days I figured I was all but lynch proof until "someone" was able to pull off an investigation on me. Once SC went down, I figured either AuntJ or I would go down next. I'm kind of surprised PV went after Devo instead unless he was sure she was scum. Little did he know...

Coming in as a scum neighborizer gave me a pretty good advantage. Plus Inte being inactive meant you had no wagon analysis on my slot for the mislynches. I figured I would go full balls mode and throw my weight into getting you mislynched then playing dumb later. What kind of an idiot scum would go so hardcore after a mislynch? :good:
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2681, Nostredeus wrote:Honestly I couldn't know what exactly was in that neighbourhood QT, I wanted a lynch on AuntJ, who had legit no case on me, but it wasn't going to happen. I had no leverage to push Xelath towards AuntJ and yates/AuntJ had this QT thing, which I honestly don't think is that conclusive but was working big time for them since I had no access to it; we were done for even if I'd voted AuntJ.

I dunno why you investigated me, a yates investigation would have been golden, I take it you thought I was more likely to be scum? If so I'll go ahead and take a lot of the rap for this loss, potentially I could have played more townie late game. *Shrugs*

I choose you because I already thought one of Yates/AuntJ was scum, but not the other. If/when I got the "scum" result on you, we could lynch you but I would also get to see how AuntJ represented her result on you, to either try to get you lynched (meaning she was town, or not, meaning you were scum).
But, first Majiffy flips town,
Then my investigation of town flips scum,
and you flip town.

Holy shit!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2682, Nostredeus wrote:I also needed the cred on the off chance Yates was town and you were scum; best play of a bad lot imo.

You said it yourself, why would I come back with a town result on Devotress when I could have come back with a scum result the day before and ended/won the game as scum with the mislynch?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2683, Xelath wrote:
In post 2680, PeregrineV wrote:Speaking of which,
Xelath and Nost

I didn't really believe it 100%, but the game seemed pretty trollsy at that point, so I was like, "What the hell?! It seems like anything is possible at this point."

Like I said, glad you shot Devo, because I wouldn't have voted her at all, but how Yates or AuntJ came across as more believable than the GF flip + town result I don't get.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2689, Yates wrote:
In post 2672, Darthe wrote:Yates, I can't believe you managed to be that blatantly aggressive and get away with it. How much time did you have to spend reading this thread man?

A lot, my friend. A LOT!

The first couple of days I figured I was all but lynch proof until "someone" was able to pull off an investigation on me. Once SC went down, I figured either AuntJ or I would go down next. I'm kind of surprised PV went after Devo instead unless he was sure she was scum. Little did he know...

Coming in as a scum neighborizer gave me a pretty good advantage. Plus Inte being inactive meant you had no wagon analysis on my slot for the mislynches. I figured I would go full balls mode and throw my weight into getting you mislynched then playing dumb later. What kind of an idiot scum would go so hardcore after a mislynch? :good:

I tend to investigate people whom I'm *not* sure about so I can become sure about them.

Yeah, AuntJ super-protecting Darthe and my super-protecting Devo was definitely spun against me.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2693, PeregrineV wrote:Yeah, AuntJ super-protecting Darthe and my super-protecting Devo was definitely spun against me.

That was the goal, yes. You really were in a tough spot. Coming into a neighborhood with two preexisting scum probably didn't seem all that likely, did it?

All in all, I am pretty happy with how we played. I tried convincing these guys to kill Xelath last night. Glad I lost!
Please pm me to pre-in
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Devotress »

We told you it was a good idea to shoot lurker instead of Xelath Yates :P Nos never would have taken Lurker's word for what went down in the QT.

Regarding the godfather thing, I'm of the opinion that a godfather should always show up as town. In simplified terms, that's what the role does.
For example, if Peregrine had Lie detected my phrase "I am Vanilla", I think that should have showed up as a lie, but not the phrase "I am town". Can JasonT clarify if "I am vanilla" would have been a lie?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:46 am

Post by Devotress »

Similarly a gunsmith should see the godfather is a gunowner, and a insane cop should read a godfather as "guilty", since that is his town result.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

That would mean GF is immune to Cops and Lie Detectors if detecting the statement "I am town", but vulnerable to gunsmtihs, insane cops and paranoid cops?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Devotress »

He's only vulnerable to insane cops if the cop investigates them before investigating any vanilla townies I think. He'd be more vulnerable to insane cops if he showed up as town to them, since eventually an insane cop is going to figure out what is going on.
Same deal with paranoid cops. If a cop gets guilty results on everyone, including flipped vanilla townies, and then he suddenly investigates someone and they show up town? The point of a godfather is to be protected from cops, he shouldn't be the only person in the game who can be a confirmed scum read to paranoid cops.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:19 am

Post by Yates »

Honestly, there are certain role combinations I wouldn't want to pair with a GF and ?sanity? cops and hiders are at the top of the list.
Please pm me to pre-in

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”