PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2698, Devotress wrote:He's only vulnerable to insane cops if the cop investigates them before investigating any vanilla townies I think. He'd be more vulnerable to insane cops if he showed up as town to them, since eventually an insane cop is going to figure out what is going on.
Same deal with paranoid cops. If a cop gets guilty results on everyone, including flipped vanilla townies, and then he suddenly investigates someone and they show up town? The point of a godfather is to be protected from cops, he shouldn't be the only person in the game who can be a confirmed scum read to paranoid cops.

So GF isn't immune to those cop types, he gets the opposite of his normal result?

Paranoid cop invesitagets and always gets guilty.
GF role gives favorable result to cop.
In theory, GF returns a guilty.
???

Will start this up in Mafia Discussion too.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2700, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2698, Devotress wrote:He's only vulnerable to insane cops if the cop investigates them before investigating any vanilla townies I think. He'd be more vulnerable to insane cops if he showed up as town to them, since eventually an insane cop is going to figure out what is going on.
Same deal with paranoid cops. If a cop gets guilty results on everyone, including flipped vanilla townies, and then he suddenly investigates someone and they show up town? The point of a godfather is to be protected from cops, he shouldn't be the only person in the game who can be a confirmed scum read to paranoid cops.

So GF isn't immune to those cop types, he gets the opposite of his normal result?

Paranoid cop invesitagets and always gets guilty.
GF role gives favorable result to cop.
In theory, GF returns a guilty.
???

Will start this up in Mafia Discussion too.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

That said,
@Majiffy
- what the holy hell? Why would you self-vote when no one was pushing you except me? Why work so hard to provide nothing?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 am

Post by Majiffy »

Because everyone else was completely complacent with lynching me, and I had repeatedly asked for cases and received nothing but more votes. I was done with this game 2 day phases before I actually got lynched. I was bored as fuck and everyone was calling me scum for absolutely no valid reasons.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:35 am

Post by Yates »

To be fair, about 1/2 of those people were scum.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Devotress »

GF investigates how ever a town person would investigate, is how I think of it, for all the cop results.
This would bleed over to my thoughts on other roles too. Town person with a power role of some sort? "I am vanilla" would be a lie, "I am town" wouldn't. Town person who owns a gun(like a vig or cop)? Would show up as a gunowner.

Hey can I ask you guys something: If you can put yourselves back into the mindset of day 4 (the day we lynched majiffy), if the previous night scum had killed roleblocked lurker, killed peregrine, and Aunt J came in claming to be roleblocked, would you all have believed her over lurker and lynched lurker?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Devotress »

That should have just read "Scum had roleblocked lurker".
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Devotress »

This is a question for Xelath, Nos, Majiffy, and AJtheEpic(who would have been alive that day instead).
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

...Yeah. Even with my proceeding to shoot myself in the foot (that's quite literally what I think happened—I feel I did great before that), what I think happened is that town made fewer mistakes than scum did. I feel the lie detector investigation results are bastard, but even without those, I think Yates would have sold me on PeregrineV-scum if I were living town at that point. Town trying to direct the vig onto himself when a misshoot costs the game is ill-thought out as it is, and Devotress flipping would not have helped in the slightest.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2708, StrangerCoug wrote:...Yeah. Even with my proceeding to shoot myself in the foot (that's quite literally what I think happened—I feel I did great before that), what I think happened is that town made fewer mistakes than scum did. I feel the lie detector investigation results are bastard, but even without those, I think Yates would have sold me on PeregrineV-scum if I were living town at that point. Town trying to direct the vig onto himself when a misshoot costs the game is ill-thought out as it is, and Devotress flipping would not have helped in the slightest.

Yeah, but I that point I thought a devotress town-flip would lose us the game anyway. So, if'n I was wrong about a 4man scumteam, then I wouldn't have to be alive to worry about it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 2691, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2682, Nostredeus wrote:I also needed the cred on the off chance Yates was town and you were scum; best play of a bad lot imo.

You said it yourself, why would I come back with a town result on Devotress when I could have come back with a scum result the day before and ended/won the game as scum with the mislynch?

That was my thinking until the neighbourhood QT thing, I thought maybe a gambit, maybe a 3 person scumteam, maybe something to do with yates + a role he had, who knows so I followed Xelath.

@Devotress: Dunno who I would have dunked, I was pretty suspicious of Lurker and AuntJ; dat lurker and dat waffle syrup, for reals.
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:55 am

Post by Devotress »

In post 2710, Nostredeus wrote: waffle syrup

Any game where scum don't kill Aunt J for her gimmick posting, it's probably a good bet to assume Aunt J is scum and lynch her. :)
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2704, Yates wrote:To be fair, about 1/2 of those people were scum.

Yeah, well
I
knew that. But what the hell am I supposed to do when a bullheaded PR is insistent that I'm scum because of confbias when he was roleblocked investigating me and instantly assumed I was investigation immune?

Devo, in regards to your question, I didn't like Jemina and I liked Lurker, so probably not.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:02 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 2711, Devotress wrote:Any game where scum don't kill Aunt J for her gimmick posting, it's probably a good bet to assume Aunt J is scum and lynch her.
Truth. In 2/3 of my town games, I died immediately after replacing in. And in the third, I lived only because the doctor died.

They're delivering a mercy-kill to a body which is nothing but brittle bones and withered skin. ;)
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2712, Majiffy wrote:
In post 2704, Yates wrote:To be fair, about 1/2 of those people were scum.

Yeah, well
I
knew that. But what the hell am I supposed to do when a bullheaded PR is insistent that I'm scum because of confbias when he was roleblocked investigating me and instantly assumed I was investigation immune?

Devo, in regards to your question, I didn't like Jemina and I liked Lurker, so probably not.

Yeah, all that speculation was pointless when I really did hit the II GF later in the game.

Oh Irony, you are a Bitch.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Darthe »

In post 2678, Aunt Jemina wrote:
In post 2672, Darthe wrote:Aunt J stole this game, but all in all it was an impressive display from the entire team.
In post 2673, PeregrineV wrote:Between Stranger's 3 roleblocks on me, AuntJ's investigation, Yates neighborizing, and Devotress's TOWN result, and reading the scum QT, I feel like I was playing against the enitre scumteam.
This is my sentiment as well. I was incredibly impressed with the play of my scumbuddies. Though I played a strong early-game, their late-game play was what really pulled us through.

In post 2674, PeregrineV wrote:We had 3 straight days of town deaths and 3 days of lylo or mylo. How did you think you weren't going to win?
Yates and I were rather buddy-buddy in 5P lylo. If one of us went down, the other was likely to die. Convincing the town that there was a scum lie-detector is something I went into the day skeptical of being possible. I thought our best chance of winning was when we had all four members alive, and that once Cougy got lynched that our chances of winning dropped significantly.

I was relying on your "reading" to help me live so much that I couldn't break this barrier. My belief of you as town forced him to be.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Anyone interested, my new game is in signups now http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26017
Xelath
Xelath
Goon
Xelath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Xelath »

@Devo, I honestly have no clue haha.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Thanks Jason for modding.

All in all, one of the worst performances by town I have ever seen. And that includes me.

AuntJ, you had me fooled.
Well played.
PUTTING THIS HERE AND NOW, I WILL NEVER AGREE TO A MASSCLAIM D1 AGAIN (as town anyway...) :wink:

Xelath, terrible shot N2, you not only picked someone who was on neither mislynching wagon, but someone going toe to toe with you D2....is that something scum, who knew you must be legit, would do? No, they'd be kissing your butt so you'll shoot elsewhere. You redeemed yourself somewhat with the Devo shot tho.

All in all, I am still shocked you flipped town and AuntJ scum. The others, not surprised about. With that said, I am a man of my word...

In post 1404, I Am Innocent wrote:I am willing to bet a month of mafiascum time that Xelath is lying. If I'm wrong, you won't see me here for a month.

...when I die in my last open game, I'll start the clock on my hiatus. Try not to miss me too much peeps! :cool:
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I don't think it was
THAT
terrible.

Edit (hey, game's over):
Fixed my tags.

Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 2719, StrangerCoug wrote:I don't think it was THAT terrible.
Indeed. They put up quite a good fight from N3 onward.

We might have won, but it was not nearly as comfortable a victory as I had anticipated earlier.
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I honestly thought you would die before not only the end of the game, but me.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Now if you had listened to me about not massclaiming...
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Bah. I can't say I'm terribly surprised on Auntie J. I am surprised about Nostre being town.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Nice job with the tunneling SC, it sort of came at me at a surprise, and by the time I started defending against it, most of the town was on your side.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”