Micro 96: Dirty Politics (Micro Normal) (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Micro 96: Dirty Politics (Micro Normal) (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:52 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Player List

roflcopter
Parama
Edosurist
Vintermute
Rondar
uctriton00
CF Riot
Maestro
gorckat

Spoiler: Flips
Rondar,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched day 1
uctriton00,
Vanilla Townie
, died night 1
Vintermute,
Mafia Goon
, lynched day 2
Parama,
Weak Neighbourizer
, died night 2
Edosurist,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched day 3
CF Riot,
Town Odd-Night Doctor
, died night 3
Maestro,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched day 4
gorckat,
1-shot Bulletproof Townie
, endgamed night 5
roflcopter,
Mafia Tracker
, survived
Last edited by callforjudgement on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 am, edited 15 times in total.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:56 am

Rules

Fair play

You've probably seen all these rules before, except maybe 6 and 11.

1. All sitewide rules apply.
2. Play to win. It's more fun to win fairly than if your opponents throw the game, so don't ruin the game for the other players.
3. Don't quote things that aren't public knowledge, or make use of the exact wording of a private message or metadata like timestamps of private communication. (It's OK to paraphrase the meaning. Just not to use things like wording as evidence that you're not faking the communication.)
4. Don't use hidden or small text, cryptography, or provable randomness. (Breadcrumbs are OK.)
5. Until this game is over, don't discuss it anywhere but this thread, or other locations I specifically allow you to discuss it in. If I send you a link to a place where you can discuss the game privately, keep that link secret until the game is over. (And if someone tries to contact you about this game and they shouldn't be doing so, let me or a list mod know immediately.)
6. Don't use out-of-game information as a method of writing a message that will only be understood by specific players. It's tantamount to private communication.
7. Dead players shouldn't post (not here, nor in places their role PM allows them to, nor in unrelated areas). I will create a QuickTopic that dead players can use to discuss the game if they wish, and give the link to players when they die.
8. Don't pretend to break a rule, even if you aren't actually breaking another rule. (For instance, you can't post the timestamp of your role PM publicly, so don't post a fake timestamp for your role PM either.)
9. Please try to stay civil. It's not fun having a game thread full of insults and personal attacks.
10. Don't try to gain an advantage from rulebreaking, either yours or another player's. (This doesn't mean you shouldn't report it if you see it happens; just don't try to use it as a weapon.) If players break rules, I will try to resolve the situation in a way that preserves the balance of the game. (This means that if you're trying to use a breaking strategy that depends on deliberately getting modkilled, don't expect it to work.)
11. Don't pretend to take day actions you can't actually take. That is, don't vote unless you can vote, don't attempt to daykill someone unless your role actually allows you to daykill someone, etc.. Likewise, do not make it ambiguous whether something is a vote or not.
12. Alts and hydras: please post from the correct account. If you accidentally post from the wrong account, please repeat the post from the correct account.

Administrative

13. Day deadlines will be two weeks long. Night deadlines will be 72 hours long. I will let you know the deadlines in each vote count.
14. If players need to be replaced, deadlines will be extended accordingly; days will not end due to deadlines within 72 hours of a player replacing in, nor nights within 24 hours of a player replacing in. In order to gain more certainty about deadlines, and avoid games being decided by out-of-game factors, if a player becomes in need of replacement within the last 36 hours of a day, I will not replace the slot until the next day.
15. If you find you don't have enough time to play the game, let me know and I'll try to find a replacement. (But that makes the game worse for everyone, so try to avoid doing that unless the alternatives would be even worse.)
16. If you want to replace into this game, let me know by PM. In an ideal world, nobody would ever replace out and your request would be pointless, but in practice it's pretty rare for that to actually happen. I'll let you know when a slot becomes free.
17. You should aim to post most days, and definitely at least once every 48 hours. I will initially search for replacements for people after they haven't posted for 72 hours and send them reminders of this rule after approximately 48; however, once a player has been sent a reminder, these timeouts reduce to 48 and 24 hours respectively for that player slot for the rest of the game day.
18. If you know in advance that you won't be able to play temporarily, or on a regular schedule (such as having no access at weekends), declare your vacation or limited access in thread ("V/LA"). Players are exempt from activity deadlines while V/LA, but if a player has a long declared inactivity period, I may need to replace them anyway.
19. If you see a discrepancy between the number of votes on a player and the number of players voting for that player without an obvious sign that it's deliberate, it's an accident; please let me know so that I can fix the vote count.
20. Your role PM requires you to confirm that you're willing to play when the game starts. The game will start when 80% or more of the player list (for a 9 player game, that's 8 players) have confirmed.
21. If a power role is compulsive and yet does not submit an action, I will select a random target for them randomized from all legal targets, regardless of whether they make sense or not. Please try to be on time with your night actions!
22. Should something go wrong, please contact me, the backup moderator DeasVail, or a list mod. DeasVail has details of the setup and will be able to continue the game if something happens to me.

Setup

23. This game will start with a day phase, then alternate between night and day phases until the game ends.
24. During day phases, each player can vote to lynch themself or another player, or to no-lynch. You can change or retract your vote as often as you like, but can only have one vote out at a time. Votes will be reset at the start of each day.
25. I don't require players to unvote; voting will implicitly remove any previous vote you might have. However, consider explicitly unvoting anyway as a courtesy to the other players.
26. To vote, I recommend using the [vo​te][/vote] tags, which look like this:VOTE: callforjudgement. (There is a similar tag for unvoting.) I will accept anything that I notice that's clearly a vote, though. (If you're going to boldvote, please make life easier for people by putting it on a line of its own.) A vote cannot be clear unless it at least contains the word "vote" somewhere and uses a vote tag or bold font, but these alone are not sufficient. Do not try to abuse ambiguous votes.
27. Day will end when a majority of players (that is, more than half) are voting for the same person. That player will be lynched and removed from the game, no longer counting as alive. Then a night phase will start.
28. Day will also end at deadline, or if half or more of the players are voting for No Lynch. In these circumstances, nobody will be lynched, but a night phase will start anyway.
29. During a night phase, this thread will be locked, and players who can take actions overnight can take them by PMing me with the action they want to take. (Anti-town players who have a QuickTopic to communicate in can alternatively take night actions by posting them in bold in their QuickTopic.) All night actions will be resolved simultaneously at the end of the night, using Natural Action Resolution (in the usual case where there are no conflicts between actions, this means resolving each action after actions that affect it). Note that killing a player does not prevent them taking actions that night. Night phases end at deadline.
30. As a Micro Normal game, the exact details of this game's setup are not public. However, you do know the following facts about the setup:
  • At least 8 of the 9 players have an explicitly normal role, from the following list: Vanilla Townie, Sane Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, Roleblocker, Mason, Innocent Child, Jailkeeper, Tracker, Watcher, Gunsmith, Miller, Bodyguard, Role Cop, Doublevoter, Hider, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Jack of All Trades, Serial Killer, Mafia Goon, Mafia Traitor, Mafia Godfather, Mafia Framer, Mafia-aligned versions of above roles, possibly with an explicitly normal modifier: Even/Odd Night, Non-Consecutive Night, X-Shot, Bulletproof, Neighbor, Compulsive, Macho, Weak, Backup (with or without primary role present). It is possible that all 9 players have a role on this list; it is also possible that the 9th player has some other role that is not significantly more complex than the roles listed.
  • There are either 1 or 2 anti-town factions consisting of 2 or more players; and either 0 or 1 anti-town factions consisting of a single player.
  • The only possible win conditions are the Town, Mafia/Werewolf, Traitor, and Serial Killer win conditions. (So no jesters, lynchers, survivors, or cults.)
  • At least 1 player will get the Vanilla Townie role PM, which looks like this (with the name changed):
    Welcome,
    callforjudgement
    . You are a
    Vanilla Townie

During the day, you may discuss the game with the other players in the game thread.

You have no special abilities.

You are aligned with the town. You win when all living players are aligned with the town, even if you are dead yourself.

Confirm by PMing a summary of your role to callforjudgement.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Politics is a strange sport. Sure, people might enter it with grand dreams of making the world better, but in order to really do well, you need to be good at playing the game. Pick a party: pick a side. Then make long speeches about how all their policies are the Right Thing for the country, regardless of what you think yourself; important to show solidarity, after all. Or you could backstab the leadership at a critical time and hope to do better under whoever comes into replace them.

Or, of course, you could fall out of favour. Nine politicians tried to push a little too far; whether it was for personal gain or trying to rekindle an idealistic vision, it's all seen just the same. It's pretty hard to get rid of a politician until the next election, but if they're sufficient embarrassments, you can throw them out of the party. Or, as happened here, ship them off to the Committee on Determining Paper-Shuffling Regulations; it comes to much the same thing, but it's less public, so there's less media coverage. And who knows, you might finally get a nicer shade of paper to read your speeches from. Or a more readable color of ink on the forms.

Now, politicians will be politicians. Some were actually interested in paper-shuffling; they quickly identified each other, and hatched a plan to force the others off the committee, so they could get on with their important work in peace. Things like replacing Arial with Helvetica. And could we make the logo slightly smaller? (That would have the added bonus of annoying the people who designed it.) Most, though? They just wanted to hang onto their position there at any cost. Some committee is better than no committee, after all. Sure, they didn't actually know who was trying to force them off it, but who cares? They could jostle for power just as well as anyone else could. And if that meant trying to figure out who was on their side? They'd been doing that all their lives already. And when you're used to playing dirty, a little scandal isn't hard to arrange…
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Vote Count
  • Not voting:
    roflcopter Parama Edosurist Vintermute Rondar uctriton00 CF Riot Maestro gorckat

Deadline is Friday 28 December at 0:44 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-12-28 00:44:00)
)
With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
scum
town
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by Maestro »

There ain't room enough for two Baltimoreans in this here game, son.

VOTE: gorckat
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by CF Riot »

ego post
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Hiya, folks!
VOTE: Vintermute
I just hammered him in another game. I'd love to get a second chance at that... but this time...
HE ACTUALLY IS SCUM!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by Maestro »

...is the other game ongoing?
If so, shut up Edo.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Vote: Parama
for Micro 60
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by Maestro »

You wanna play that game?

VOTE: uct for Mini 1351
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by Maestro »

Wait...wrong game...am I going insane...? I know I played a game once where you were Mafia and won and it sucked and I was pissed...was it 1347? I thought it was 1351...
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Edosurist: Yeah, just as a rule, please don't talk about other games here (or elsewhere) until they've finished, and don't talk about this game elsewhere until it's finished either. Posting about one unfinished game in another can disrupt both games; I don't think what happened here will cause problems, but please be more careful of that rule in future. – callforjudgement
scum
town
Rondar
Rondar
Goon
Rondar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Rondar »

VOTE: CF Riot

Mews.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by Maestro »

Yeah, I'm going insane, uct.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Maestro »

AH THANK YOU UCT'S WIKI PAGE:

It was Newbie 1255, where my play sucked balls...
Thanks for reminding me of that shitfest.

(OOC: I really like the little achievement system you use, but I believe I've seen it before. Where did you get it? UberNinja?)
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by Edosurist »

@Mod: I know of the rule. I figured I was only revealing obvious information that would sway that game.
Anyways, my bad. Won't happen again.
Rondar
Rondar
Goon
Rondar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by Rondar »

If you know you're going insane, you're probably not going insane, so you're good.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by Edosurist »

<facepalm>
Edit: that would NOT sway that game.

Anyway, I don't want to make this post pointless.

@Rondar
Your vote is the only vote that doesn't relate to experience with another game. Why do you want to stand out?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by Parama »

Clearly I'm the sexiest person here.
vote: roflcopter

REVENGE
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by Maestro »

...anyway, Edo...
this
game, please? Also, gorckat is Scum because I just saw him IRL (
in BALTIMORE, BITCHES
) and he looked Scummy.

And when I say he looked Scummy I mean when he saw me he acted all surprised and ran in the opposite direction and was all trying to shoot me as I dodged by using nearby pedestrians as shields to hide behind. Then I dove into an amish market and
he kept shooting
. I mean, I don't wanna be crass, but that's pretty damn Scummy. Lynch please.

VOTE: gorckat

P-Edit @Edo: how is his vote the only one not related to experience in another game?
My original vote, along with my revote, on gorckat are not related to previous experience.

Why do
you
want to stand out?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by Maestro »

Also Parama is sexy.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by Maestro »

< But then again...so am I...
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by Maestro »

CF Riot's pretty sexy too, if not very egocentric.
Rondar
Rondar
Goon
Rondar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by Rondar »

I checked the first non-random-vote post and voted that person. And as to the question why I want to stand out... well... we could talk for hours about that...
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Post by Parama »

Maestro's scum by the way.
On another note, I'm reaaallly sexy.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”