TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Certainly there were no obvious masons, and with me and DJD, two vanillas, leading the charge vs the scum, especially early on, it was nicely set up for town as we likely targets.

hi5 DJD.

I'd prob claim mason as both vanilla and mason if I got to L-1. I'd hope the masons would consider that I could be vanilla faking to try and draw a shot and not confirm me as a liar for at least some time.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I was expected to be shot on suspect of being a mason due to my defending of dannflor but I guess not :\
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Aww I'm the only dead town :(
But had I been scum (and had the same reads I had as a VT), they would have been at least one dead mason, I saw grey's sheeping as something coming from someone who knew more of the setup than I did, looked into it and decided it was more likely he was a mason. (may have had something to do with the 2 scum flips)
When I unvoted fitz, based on the responses received by people, I'd also placed him as a mason, which then linked him to Mala. - I was needing to reread that to check that dannflor's actions were actually because he was a mason, pity I went onto a different mason (who after sheeping DJD's reasoning on me, was quite possible one, but I left my vote there as I also needed to check him.
I did have earlier possible masons reads of Rev and DJD though, but those slowly moved into just obvtown reads instead.

Excluding my first three votes, I only votes masons though, which means I was going after the wrong set of people that knew others alignments (I believe I would have noticed this had I not been lynched and actually had time to read back through the thread properly, but I was lynched after I decided to go to bed and deal with this game in the morning. (don't you know that location: Australia means I'm not going to be on during the time you had the countdown going, Venrob? - that was like 2-5am for me, and I went to bed at midnight.)
Though it turns out my skim reads of the few ISOs before I went to bed would have been correct, but I didn't feel it was really be listening to myself but rather other people. (I looked though fitz, Johnny, Bitmap and Melmond - Melmond was the only one that looked possible scum then, but I didn't feel up to changing my vote based on skimming when I was near lynch myself, weak reasons would have just been discarded and I was growing tired that I wasn't going to pull out slightly stronger reasons.)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

@Whiskers, why did you stop me from softclaiming town by saying I was shooting as much as I could (aka none)?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:30 am

Post by havingfitz »

Wow...I go to sleep with 2 scum still in the game and wake with it over.

Good job town. Sorry Cheery Dog...you really did come off scummy.

I'm glad Bitmap and DJD weren't scum...I was giving them a town pass based on my assumption that they were scum targets (which neither were). Rev being obvious town (and being town) definitely helped.

Glad Rev and DJD didn't get the chance to pursue their suspicions towards me... I really didn't feel like defending myself against players I thought were town.

Nice flavor mod.

And last but not least...Happy New Year to all.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:29 am

Post by DoubleJD »

Damn, i thought for SURE bitmap was a mason. GG town!

@Fitz: I figured it out that you were a mason when we were lynching melmond, i just thought it wasnt 100% obv i was just town so i had to do it inconspicuously. Without sounding arrogant, i feel like my case on you would get a ton of support otherwise and no one was even really talking about it.

@Mala/Rev: Hi-fucking-five. This game gets is apparently REALLY easy if we can just get a block of 3 strong townies together. I wish i listened about CD, but i mean.....SOOOO SCUMMY!!! And he was obviously not a mason, but....scummy!!!!!! Gah. Well 4/5 is still my best game on site. Whatevs. Also ggrrrrrr at rev, i thought for sure i got shot twice and you were mel's shot. Thunder stealer! Also thanks for joining :D

@OM: Fwiw, you did get pissed off at the two scum. Their cases on you and your reactions were mostly why mala got confirmed town status, and neither one of you felt more likely to be a mason than rev. GG

@Scum: I feel like i may have been rude at some points when lynching you guys. My bad. I realized this in my havingfitz case, sorry!

@Whiskers: Thanks for being patient with me in pregame, GG. For setup, i kinda feel like restarting the clock after each death is better. I also liked the idea of giving scum a free kill if we dont lynch by deadline. I dont know jack about modding really though, so whatevs.
You got me!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:35 am

Post by DoubleJD »

In post 425, TheReverend wrote:
I'd prob claim mason as both vanilla and mason if I got to L-1. I'd hope the masons would consider that I could be vanilla faking to try and draw a shot and not confirm me as a liar for at least some time.

This happened in the other Masons and Maf i played. I dont remember if the guy that did it was town or maf...but one townie fake claimed mason to support it and try and draw a shot, and then myself and mala both essentially claimed mason as masons and calling them both liars.

So idk, i feel like lying about masonry has a good chance of just irking them and maybe even drawing their focus on you instead of scum. But who knows.

I was really racking my brain on how to look as much like a mason as possible...but i really had no idea. I thought my defending of rev/venrob/om would get me something though :/
You got me!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:01 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

There is literally no reason I would ever replace out like that in a game as scum. As Bitmap said that should basically be an instant confirmed townie status for my slot.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 am

Post by McStab »

In post 432, Om of the Nom wrote:There is literally no reason I would ever replace out like that in a game as scum. As Bitmap said that should basically be an instant confirmed townie status for my slot.

New tactic of playing Mafia, ladies and gentlemen - throw such a tantrum that it would be unethical if you were scum to do so, thus confirming you as town.

Great game by the townplayers, especially TheReverend. I felt as scum we could've played much better, but we got kind of screwed by a handful of town becoming confirmed pretty early, and some of the VTs being the strongest townplayers (TheReverend and DJD come to mind). Venmar and I made a few people basically confirmed, which was poor play on our parts (although to be fair, once town got the scent they were really hard to shake off). Melmond played fine, but couldn't find a way to confirm himself and didn't distance quite enough (I feel part of that though was that Hyperion was the only real functional member of the scumteam, and Venmar and I went out so quick that there was no real opportunity to use us to distance). Hyperion played well, but ultimately Venmar and I had left so many people as confirmed (and Melmond's lynch only served to further focus that group of conf. town) that Hyperion was left caught by PoE.

Nice playing with most of you (some of you again), and thanks for hosting the setup Whiskers.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 am

Post by McStab »

In post 432, Om of the Nom wrote:There is literally no reason I would ever replace out like that in a game as scum. As Bitmap said that should basically be an instant confirmed townie status for my slot.

New tactic of playing Mafia, ladies and gentlemen - throw such a tantrum that it would be unethical if you were scum to do so, thus confirming you as town.

Great game by the townplayers, especially TheReverend. I felt as scum we could've played much better, but we got kind of screwed by a handful of town becoming confirmed pretty early, and some of the VTs being the strongest townplayers (TheReverend and DJD come to mind). Venmar and I made a few people basically confirmed, which was poor play on our parts (although to be fair, once town got the scent they were really hard to shake off). Melmond played fine, but couldn't find a way to confirm himself and didn't distance quite enough (I feel part of that though was that Hyperion was the only real functional member of the scumteam, and Venmar and I went out so quick that there was no real opportunity to use us to distance). Hyperion played well, but ultimately Venmar and I had left so many people as confirmed (and Melmond's lynch only served to further focus that group of conf. town) that Hyperion was left caught by PoE.

Nice playing with most of you (some of you again), and thanks for hosting the setup Whiskers.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:04 am

Post by Klick »

I was planning on finding the Masons myself and acting like I was one with them to get shot. However, I eliminated OmNom as a Mason too early, and it fucked everything up. Still, I had 3/4 of the Masons in my final list of 6 possible players.

I also called McStab and Hyperion to Whiskers. :P
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:21 am

Post by Malakittens »

Hyper was the only scum I didn't catch. Even then I thought TR/Venrob had a possibility of being scum by distancing and busing.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:23 am

Post by Klick »

cmon guys i was obviously town before him
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:24 am

Post by Malakittens »

Not to me. Only thing that got you obv town was Venmar/McStab thing
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:26 am

Post by Klick »

Well, I was planning on making myself obviously town later, but...
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:27 am

Post by Bitmap »

I just buddied with everyone hoping that scum with shoot me. I think I was pretty obviously town by the 2nd scum death. And Om was pretty much confirmed town by that fit he threw. Mala was also a very strong town player which gave me strong town vibes on her.

Good job town and thanks for the game!
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:33 am

Post by Venmar »

Well, it was well played by DJD and Reverend. Scumplay isn't my best area, I find it is way too sloppy. I frequently sub-counciously, not on purpose, make these certain plays and I never know that they might be scummy. When players like DJD and Reverend expanded on these mistakes, I got frustrated because I didn't even think those things were scummy, or I just didn't know what I did wrong. It made me improvise and I did my best, but like McStab said us combined left Hyperion and Melmond in bad situations.

When it came to shooting masons, DJD was the very last person I was going to shoot. He was way too outspoken, outgoing, and reckless for me to think he was a mason. I ended up thinking the masons were Reverend, OmNom, Greygnarl, and Cheery Dog. Oh boy was I wrong on three of those. I thought the quieter people were bound to be the masons, which made me put Greygnarl on the list, but OmNom and Reverend made some convincing mason plays and my gut was yelling at Cheery, that I ended up ignoring the follow ups on the list, Johnny and Mala, who actually fit my initial theory of mason play.

Good Game.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:38 am

Post by Klick »

(Mala replaced OmNom, you got 2/4)
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Malakittens »

Actually, Venmar two of those were wrong. Grey was a mason. I didn't like how dann slot buddied OM and I tried putting some distance between us, but I think that made it obvious I was a mason. Surprised it was caught onto.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Malakittens »

Wasnt*
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Venmar »

Only two?

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAH.

Still, i shot the wrong person first...
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:42 am

Post by Bitmap »

So why didn't anyone think I was a mason?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Klick »

Because I had a list, and you were kicked off of it via PoE.
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Venrob »

Well glad to see even though i didnt get on we quickly killed all teh mafs!! GG!
I'm back!
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:38 am

Post by greygnarl »

I nailed the last scum!

I had suspected him earlier but decided to just let the big boys play.

Return to “Completed Open Games”