DeasVail
-
Miss Wenceslas shot Day 2

Rules (format and majority of rules shamelessly stolen from Juls):

Game Mechanics

1.)
Votes must be
bolded
or contained within vote tags and in a form similar to Vote: Playername. If I do not see your vote, it will not count. Unvotes are nice but not required.
2.)
Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread. All players who are allowed communication outside of the thread
must wait until the moderator states in thread, quicktopic, or PM that communication may commence.

3.)
Lynches require a majority of votes (50% of the active players +1). If a 50% + 1 majority is not reached by deadline the game will progress to night with no lynch.
4.)
Voting for
No Lynch
require only 50% of the vote to occur.
5.)
If a lynch occurs, the game enters twilight and players may continue to talk in thread until it is locked and a lynch scene is posted. No votes/unvotes will count in twilight.
6.)
Once you are killed/lynched you may have a single "bah" post consisting of the word “bah” and that’s it.

Deadlines/Activity

7.)
Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks.
8.)
If a replacement is required within the second week of a deadline period, 24 hours per RL day it takes to find a replacement will be added to the deadline of the current day.
9.)
Treat this game as a commitment. If you are going to be V/LA please post in thread or send me a PM.
10.)
Players must post
every 48 hours
(unless they have noted V/LA) or they will be prodded. Weekend days count as 12 hours each. An excessive amount of prods during the game will result in a replacement. Players may request prods of other players at anytime but I will use my discretion when sending these types of prods (I won't be your personal spam-bot).
11.)
If a player fails to pick up their prod within 48 hours they will be replaced.
12.)
Each night will last approximately 48 hours, during which time all night actions must be submitted via PM.

General

13.)
All Mafia Scum Rules apply in this game. Please read and obey them.
14.)
Have fun and be respectful to your fellow players.
15.)
Do not speak about this game outside of the thread unless your role specifies that you may do so.
16.) Do not quote anything from the moderator that is said outside of this thread (including role PMs) or pretend to quote anything from the moderator. Paraphrasing is allowed but if you are questioning your paraphrase, run it by the moderator first.

17.)
If the moderator makes a mistake, please address your grievance
in bold
in thread or in PM. Please point out vote count errors in thread only.
18.)
Do not edit posts. Do not use invisible text. Do not use small text.
19.)
Do not use cryptography.
20.)
Purple
is the moderators color. Do not use it.
21.)
The moderator reserves the right to add/change/delete rules. If this occurs, a notice will be posted in thread.
22.)
If a role PM or other game rule is misunderstood by the player or a rule is not made completely clear, the moderator reserves the right to correct the rule or PM based on its intent. The moderator guarantees that changes or corrections of these nature will be considered for overall fairness and game balance.
23.)
Most importantly, play to win. Gamethrowing will not be tolerated.

Personal Note

1)
With more than one hydra in the game it should be noted that I do not abide players posting outside of their hydras with any sort of regularity; if it looks like it happens more than a random occasional accident I won't hesitate to replace out the hydra with the player who doesn't have such an issue or replace the hydra for another player completely.

Game Specific Reminder

1)
This game has partial no reveal. This means that character name and alignment color only will be posted. The color
green
will be what is typically considered to be town. If you are color-blind let the moderator know so he may state it more explicitly.
2)
At least one player in the game has the win condition, "You win when Jim Moriarty (alias: Richard Brook) is dead or safely ensconced behind bars."
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:56 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Sherlock Holmes is still on the lam after being framed by James Moriarty who has posed as Richard Brook to undermine Holmes’ credibility in the press and at Scotland Yard. However, Holmes is no ordinary consulting detective and with his obsessive nature will seek to out the truth and ruin Moriarty if he can. For a variety of reasons you can’t allow that to happen and so it falls to you to protect James Moriarty at all costs.
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:56 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (12)
- Gummybear, Jabberwock, MagnaofIllusion, The Mini-Librarian, Sottyrulez, Guy_Named_Riggs, Feysal, Rob13, Magister Ludi, d3x, Herodotus, DeasVail

Deadline: Thursday January 10 @ 10:00 AM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2013-01-10 10:00:00)
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:10 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

VOTE: Gummybear

Sounds delicious
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:23 am

Post by Jabberwock »

That's boring.

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:54 am

Post by d3x »

Vote: GNR

Sweet Child of Mine is second only to November Rain as the most overrated song ever.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Feysal »

Looks like it falls to me to make the first comment on how, yet again, the good guys seem to be in the minority. Although this time the majority may not be necessarily bad, just misguided idiots. If it was not clear yet, I had no idea on the flavor of this particular incarnation of Sherlock Holmes, and had to look up both my role and who this Richard Brook character is from a wiki just to understand what side I was on.

VOTE: Rob13

I rolled 8 with a 12-sided die. To verify the result, I rolled two 6-sided dice and they each came up with 4. Clearly Fortune favors Rob13 being Sherlock.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:09 am

Post by Jabberwock »

Oh awesome. Feysal is scum.

So after all that ranting at me, as Town, on MLP, for "ruining" the "confusion about inverted teams Towntell", you immediately bring it out without giving weaker players a chance to bring it to the table. And not voting MoI from the start, while voting one of the weakest players in this roster? Come on.

UNVOTE: MagnaofIllusion (but... but... this makes me so sad...)
VOTE: Feysal
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:14 am

Post by Jabberwock »

^ Obviously not Empire. We won't be signing our posts (we should be distinctive enough anyway; he's the pretty one and I'm the one who rants at her scumreads), but in this case the "I"'s identity is relevant for meta purposes if you people want them; I'm talking about MLP Redemption. No link because tablet post before sleep.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:24 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Good enough for me.

Vote: Feysal

This hydra post is brought to you by zachrulez, but I'm sure I'll start forgetting to sign posts at some point after page 2.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:31 am

Post by Jabberwock »

In post 8, Jabberwock wrote:^ Obviously not Empire. We won't be signing our posts (we should be distinctive enough anyway; he's the pretty one and I'm the one who rants at her scumreads), but in this case the "I"'s identity is relevant for meta purposes if you people want them; I'm talking about MLP Redemption. No link because tablet post before sleep.
Behold, the fruits of my battle with a Kindle!

Zach, we'd actually appreciate it if your hydra, in particular, signed each post. Gummybear can do whatever.

(Also, it's nice to see you again and eeeee I finally get to play with Sotty. (\(°w°)/) Happy Wondercritter.)
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:38 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 10, Jabberwock wrote:
In post 8, Jabberwock wrote:^ Obviously not Empire. We won't be signing our posts (we should be distinctive enough anyway; he's the pretty one and I'm the one who rants at her scumreads), but in this case the "I"'s identity is relevant for meta purposes if you people want them; I'm talking about MLP Redemption. No link because tablet post before sleep.
Behold, the fruits of my battle with a Kindle!

Zach, we'd actually appreciate it if your hydra, in particular, signed each post. Gummybear can do whatever.

(Also, it's nice to see you again and eeeee I finally get to play with Sotty. (\(°w°)/) Happy Wondercritter.)

Well Sotty will probably sign all of her posts and doesn't generally have access most of the time during the day, so anything doesn't get signed for whatever reason you can presume comes from me.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:46 am

Post by Jabberwock »

That's enough for us, thanks.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:27 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 7, Jabberwock wrote:So after all that ranting at me, as Town, on MLP, for "ruining" the
"confusion about inverted teams Towntell"
, you immediately bring it out without giving weaker players a chance to bring it to the table. And not voting MoI from the start, while voting one of the weakest players in this roster? Come on.

Could you explain how that would be a towntell? It seems like that would be a sign that the person didn't read more than anything. The moderator was very clear that there were inverted teams in this game at the bottom of his first post and in the flavor of his second post.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

I have been unceremoniously robbed of my random vote start. grrr.

I went and skimmed this Pony game for the question about inverted town and what not. Though I find it pretty weird Feysal would come out with this opening while going off his head there about it, In the end I conclude since:

1. Tierce was indeed town in MLP and
2. Feysal wouldn't touch this with a hundred foot pole if he was scum and
3. I myself had similar confusion since I'm not a flavor fiend,

I'm not voting there.

On the other hand, here is where my vote is going

Vote: sottyrullez
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Jabberwock »

In post 13, Rob14 wrote:
In post 7, Jabberwock wrote:So after all that ranting at me, as Town, on MLP, for "ruining" the
"confusion about inverted teams Towntell"
, you immediately bring it out without giving weaker players a chance to bring it to the table. And not voting MoI from the start, while voting one of the weakest players in this roster? Come on.
Could you explain how that would be a towntell? It seems like that would be a sign that the person didn't read more than anything. The moderator was very clear that there were inverted teams in this game at the bottom of his first post and in the flavor of his second post.
Go read Feysal's take on it in the game I linked.
In post 14, Magister Ludi wrote:I have been unceremoniously robbed of my random vote start. grrr.

I went and skimmed this Pony game for the question about inverted town and what not. Though I find it pretty weird Feysal would come out with this opening while going off his head there about it, In the end I conclude since:

1. Tierce was indeed town in MLP and
2. Feysal wouldn't touch this with a hundred foot pole if he was scum and
3. I myself had similar confusion since I'm not a flavor fiend,

I'm not voting there.

On the other hand, here is where my vote is going

Vote: sottyrullez
Explain your point 2 and that vote.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:42 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I'm hearing a very loud noise that sounds very much like a chainsaw.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:45 am

Post by Herodotus »

Regarding Hydras, I'm happy to play in a game with them. But I find both of the following actions by hydras to be anti-town at best:

1. Waiting to post until you have discussed with your partner. Sometimes it might be reasonable to withhold a vote until you agree. And sharing role information unprompted without talking about it might not be a good idea. But if you don't tell us who you think is scum, you are not acting in the interests of the town.

2. Not signing posts. It makes you harder to read. If you're town, you don't want to be hard to read.

Not so much for ruining some potential tell I'm unfamiliar with, but for calling the town "misguided idiots". Could be designed to reduce morale.

@Magister: is there any reason for the sottyrulez vote?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Jabberwock »

In post 17, Herodotus wrote:Regarding Hydras, I'm happy to play in a game with them. But I find both of the following actions by hydras to be anti-town at best:

2. Not signing posts. It makes you harder to read. If you're town, you don't want to be hard to read.

Not so much for ruining some potential tell I'm unfamiliar with, but for calling the town "misguided idiots". Could be designed to reduce morale.
Pretty lousy reasoning. IIRC, you're a better player than this. You're agreeing with the wagon, so at the very least I expect you to comment on that tell. The relevant bits in the other game are not a long read and are a good source of meta.

As for signing posts, know that we have no issues clarifying authorship of particular posts if someone asks.
You might have a bit of an issue figuring out who pokes fun at GodzIllusion more. :3
However, I believe every member of a hydra should be held accountable for their partner's posts as well, and so it makes no sense to dissociate them from the get go, as I find that tends to promote an ugly kind of hydra dissonance. Our request for the sottyrulez hydra to sign their posts has different (undisclosed) reasoning.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Rob14 »

Oops, missed that link. I still think that's a silly town tell, but I suppose his opinion of it is what matters. At the same time, I don't find it overly suspicious for him to point it out because of the level of the player list in this game. I don't think anyone would expect to see huge levels of confusion about inverted teams when most people in the game (me being an exception) are highly experienced.

At the same time, I consider the following a town tell:

In post 6, Feysal wrote:Although this time the majority may not be necessarily bad, just misguided idiots.

This suggests to me that he knows of a role in the game whose flavor indicates they wish to protect Moriarty for non-pure-evil reasons. I can only see town as having this information on Day 1.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Herodotus »

I had forgotten about the waiting and the page refreshing...

Wait a second. Zach, did you just accuse Jabberwock of chainsaw-defending yourself?

A post appears!

Pretty lousy reasoning. IIRC, you're a better player than this. You're agreeing with the wagon, so at the very least I expect you to comment on that tell. The relevant bits in the other game are not a long read and are a good source of meta.
The tell isn't the relevant part to your argument or mine. You voted Feysal for ruining it. I voted Feysal for being in a position opposite to town morale. I later skimmed your linked game, which validated your vote, but I see no reason to comment on that. I'll let Feysal respond first.

As for signing posts, know that we have no issues clarifying authorship of particular posts if someone asks. You might have a bit of an issue figuring out who pokes fun at GodzIllusion more. :3 However, I believe every member of a hydra should be held accountable for their partner's posts as well, and so it makes no sense to dissociate them from the get go, as I find that tends to promote an ugly kind of hydra dissonance. Our request for the sottyrulez hydra to sign their posts has different (undisclosed) reasoning.
When trying to read zachrulez's alignment, something that zach says will mean different things than something that sotty says.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:20 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 19, Rob14 wrote:Oops, missed that link. I still think that's a silly town tell, but I suppose his opinion of it is what matters. At the same time, I don't find it overly suspicious for him to point it out because of the level of the player list in this game. I don't think anyone would expect to see huge levels of confusion about inverted teams when most people in the game (me being an exception) are highly experienced.

At the same time, I consider the following a town tell:

In post 6, Feysal wrote:Although this time the majority may not be necessarily bad, just misguided idiots.

This suggests to me that he knows of a role in the game whose flavor indicates they wish to protect Moriarty for non-pure-evil reasons. I can only see town as having this information on Day 1.

Mod's post #1 gives similar information?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Herodotus »

In post 20, Herodotus wrote:The tell isn't the relevant part to your argument or mine.

By that I mean what rob13 said - it's Feysal's opinion of it that matters, not whether the tell is good or not.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:24 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 20, Herodotus wrote:I had forgotten about the waiting and the page refreshing...

Wait a second. Zach, did you just accuse Jabberwock of chainsaw-defending yourself?

Nah man. Noting a potential chainsaw defense of Feysal from Magistar. That post was defensive of the attack on Feysal and came before Feysal even bothered to address the votes on him.
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:29 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

Feysal is totally worth waggoning here. If someone believes in that tell, they won't mention it first.

VOTE: feysal

Herodotus probably just can't read. Feysal was clearly calling the roles misguided idiots, not the players. Not sure how this is supposed to be demoralizing.

The possible town tell that rob points out is underwhelming.

Yep Herodotus clearly can't read as zach is saying that magister is chainsawing feysal. Which zach says.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”