Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:37 am

Post by Venmar »

While I have the time, I would like to personally
Nominate
Majiffy
for
Funniest or Most Enjoyable Player

I don't have much to say other than that Majiffy has been one of the most enjoyable players I have had the pleasure of playing with this year. In addition to being a pretty good scumhunter and player overall, he is commonly hilarious and actually very enjoyable to interact with. Almost all of the games that have included Majiffy this year have been very enjoyable for me and have been some of the best, and he's been my favorite player this year for his humour, likability and infectious personality. He is, in my eyes, one of the most enjoyable players to play with on the site.

(All hail the The Flowchart)
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Who »

In post 699, quadz08 wrote:I guess this is technically 2014 but I'M NOMMING IT ANYWAY DAMMIT

Nom Mina for Professor Mafia for this thread in MD.
It is possibly the most unambiguously important and accurate advice ever written in MD.
2nd

Venmar wrote:While I have the time, I would like to personally
Nominate
Majiffy
for

I don't have much to say other than that Majiffy has been one of the most enjoyable players I have had the pleasure of playing with this year. In addition to being a pretty good scumhunter and player overall, he is commonly hilarious and actually very enjoyable to interact with. Almost all of the games that have included Majiffy this year have been very enjoyable for me and have been some of the best, and he's been my favorite player this year for his humour, likability and infectious personality. He is, in my eyes, one of the most enjoyable players to play with on the site.

2nd
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:03 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

nth Majiffy!
Art is cool.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:43 am

Post by notscience »

In post 695, Varsoon wrote:
Nth Babysitter

Nominating Saulres/RickRoll for Best Mechanic/Mutation
in Meme Mafia II.
Nominating Saulres/RickRoll for Best Flavor Text
in Meme Mafia II.
The game a cluster of memes, but play actually managed to get through, and the game is one that has become most memorable to me. When I tell friends about the games I play on this site, I always mention that one and pull it up. Each player was given a role PM that actually did a good job of explaining the memes there (while linking to Rick Roll videos, of course). The Role PMs themselves all included examples of the post restriction by being written in the same restrictions given--it's the first time I've laughed while reading Role PMs and the first time I read every single one more than once. I really liked the game and it's stuck with me as one of those that I'll never forget.

I guess I'll also nominate myself for Charles Barkley.
2nd both of meme mafia
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 701, Who wrote:
In post 699, quadz08 wrote:I guess this is technically 2014 but I'M NOMMING IT ANYWAY DAMMIT

Nom Mina for Professor Mafia for this thread in MD.
It is possibly the most unambiguously important and accurate advice ever written in MD.
2nd
THIRD
Trans rights are human rights.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Scummies »

2014 nomination, get out bitches. Okay, gonna update this and then judging is beginning soon so!
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Scummies »

Almost updated, but just a reminder: Around 24 hours left to nominate. Anything without a second will
not
be considered. Anything not nominated will also not be considered! Shocking I know. Oh, and for single game awards if it ended in 2014 - it's a 2014 nomination, that thread will be up later on, though.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 683, Cabd wrote:
Nominate the Town of NY 166 for best town.

Just re-read the game for meta reasons. Town only mislynched once, then went on to nail scum after scum, alongside SK cross-killing mafia; for an almost perfect win.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30070
2nd

In post 700, Venmar wrote:While I have the time, I would like to personally
Nominate
Majiffy
for

nth

In post 692, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Nominate Tammy for most enjoyable player

I've played several games with Tammy and she is always a ton of fun to play with regardless of alignment. This is recurring theme among all of her games. In Mini 1472, she showed extremely strong early game play being a voice of reason and a player that several others were able to bounce thoughts off of. She later went on the help town win the game. In BB:HoH Mafia, she as Imperium (hydra with Nachomamma8) engaged several players, narrowed down scumteams, and most memorably pushed other players (like me) into getting involved and pulling our weight and kept the town on track. There was another game she played under an alt and even when I didn't know who was playing, I thought that the person was a lot of fun to play with, and only later realized that it was Tammy. Overall, I feel that Tammy really connects with people extremely well, is amazing at communicating and makes games more upbeat, enjoyable, and fun for everyone involved.
2nd
both are fun
link in bio
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Oversoul »

nominate Faraday for uPick of Ice and Fire for Best Set-up
- most of the roles were fairly unique and created an interesting atmosphere in the game because of no-reveal. As an onlooker, I really enjoyed seeing Faraday's creativity slowly revealed as people character claimed and role claimed. Obviously I am not the best authority (cough players actually in the game cough). A nice mix of unique roles and fairly standard roles. Plus something positive has to come from that game right?

Also, I don't know if I can do this but I just noticed Bumi is nominated for Rising Star. I am Bumi and to avoid any potential claims of favoritism against Mehdi (and because I don't think I have improved as much as others) I would like that nomination withdrawn if that's possible.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 706, Scummies wrote:Almost updated, but just a reminder: Around 24 hours left to nominate. Anything without a second will
not
be considered. Anything not nominated will also not be considered! Shocking I know. Oh, and for single game awards if it ended in 2014 - it's a 2014 nomination, that thread will be up later on, though.
Don't know if I'll be in time for this, but I'm a lazy procrastinator who is also about to drop a mass text to some people to try to get a second;

Nom: The Walking Dead Mafia for Best Setup

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=30368

Just to let you understand why this should be considered. It was a game. There was a random kill mechanic in the game...and I think both town and scum agreed it was balanced.
Just roll that one around in your head for a while :]

Also, it felt like a zombie movie, and captured that sort of vague fear going into night for all involved. People were herding zombies around, scum were hiding inside their safe house, town PRs had to debate between heading out at night to try to help stop scum, or finding a hidey hole to cower in from zombies, VTs could also claim one of the (limited) hidey holes, or try to be more pro-town by hanging out so PRs could hide...if they needed to, and leaving themselves at the risk of zombie chomping.

It was really an interesting setup, and I play a lot of games and I don't often find myself saying 'I'd want to play this setup again' but I did say that about this setup. It was just really clever and well handled considering how badly it easily could have gone I was very chuffed.

Someone should second this.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by Cabd »

I'll
second walking dead
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Huzzah!
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by Cabd »

I'm so good I got it before you PM'd me to.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by BROseidon »

2nd Mina

Kill the fuck out of the moronic cheese pls.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Second mush mash pokemon rpg. (even if it never got going far, it was fun while it lasted)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

3rd walkind dead
3rd Mina
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Mina »

In post 708, Oversoul wrote:
nominate Faraday for uPick of Ice and Fire for Best Set-up
- most of the roles were fairly unique and created an interesting atmosphere in the game because of no-reveal. As an onlooker, I really enjoyed seeing Faraday's creativity slowly revealed as people character claimed and role claimed. Obviously I am not the best authority (cough players actually in the game cough). A nice mix of unique roles and fairly standard roles. Plus something positive has to come from that game right?
In post 713, BROseidon wrote:
2nd Mina

Kill the fuck out of the moronic cheese pls.
In post 715, DrippingGoofball wrote:

3rd Mina
You're in the wrong thread. (But thanks! ^_^)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I really do not understand that policy. Literally 95% of it was in 2013.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by N »

How do you not understand it? It's not at all complicated.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Venmar »

Well movies and video games can be mostly worked and tweaked on in 2013, but they still get branded as 2014 games/movies if they are released in 2014. Same thing applies here in a sense I guess.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 718, N wrote:How do you not understand it? It's not at all complicated.
I think if a game ends within the period of 2013 Scummies still taking nominations and 95% (96% rounded up) occurs in 2013 it... makes... sense? to include it in the 2013 bunch.

In post 719, Venmar wrote:Well movies and video games can be mostly worked and tweaked on in 2013, but they still get branded as 2014 games/movies if they are released in 2014. Same thing applies here in a sense I guess.
I don't see the similarities. Players are not playing that game while it is being made. I think a better analogy would be if you worked on the video game for the entirety of 2013, then worked on the game + released it January of 2014 and then say "I worked on the game in through 2013 and 2014". Technically accurate, but c'mon.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Who »

In post 720, Oversoul wrote:
In post 718, N wrote:How do you not understand it? It's not at all complicated.
I think if a game ends within the period of 2013 Scummies still taking nominations and 95% (96% rounded up) occurs in 2013 it... makes... sense? to include it in the 2013 bunch.
How much of it took place when can't be factored in, otherwise you will have games on the borderline. You could make an argument for "ended while still taking nominations" but the end of the year and the end of the nomination period are both arbitrary borderlines, provided it's consistent it makes sense.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I just think there are potential biases in having a game predominantly in a different year be compared to a new a year's games.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by saulres »

I seem to remember this same conversation happening last year.

Why yes, yes it did.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by quadz08 »

there has to be an arbitrary cutoff somewhere. might as well be right on the new year
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”