Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 3468, Benmage wrote:
In post 3466, Oversoul wrote: Also, what happened with Jason that was so horrible a lot of people are calling for him to be blacklisted?
He did nothing all game but lurk, and go v/la... pathetic for scum.

You need people to CONTRIBUTE to the game to read them... that's the point of this game.. lurking is pathetic.
That's what the vig is for. At least that is how I would use a vig shot. Kill any potential mislynches being kept around by the scum/potentially hit lurker scum.

Faraday, what I meant was the mafia knowing of DV explicitly and Ben knowing that the traitor was a rolecop. I guess you are right those were minor points about the overall balance seeing as DV could correctly protect/scumhunt well, and Ben would know from the red hat. I'm just a fan of having secrets durin the Game to find out, as both factions. It's why I like being town so much more. :P
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:34 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Sorry for getting my read on you so wrong, camn, but yeah ... scumtells.

Thanks Faraday - I enjoyed playing in this game very much.
#greenshirtthursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Benmage »

The traitor role, I lynch/bus and get zero credit.

The lyncher is now someone I can't force a mislynch on.. Thats a benefit to the town.

SCUM QT

The kills were tactically done, by yours truly. Zach died early as a foreshadow of a slot difficult to lynch down the road. Someone who I was worried could turn it on at any time. I also thought the slow play might have been PR related.

I had to keep Plessie and Cerulean alive for sometime because killing them and me being alive would raise questions :wink: :wink: .. that was atleast when I was still having fun.

I think I did play a solid game (overall I guess)... when I had the time.. I just felt I could've been even better had I not been so crazed with RL.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 3474, Faraday wrote:If you look at massclaim you guys have the 1-shot dayblock. Also neighbour and JOAT and bulletproof are 3/7 roles that don't give any indication of alignment, here. The friendly neighbour, and the vig were confirmable and the doc too. But DV's role might have helped get him lynched.

Kuribo made his slot unlynchable, you can't play his role for that. He was very town.
Thats my beef with replacements :wink: :wink: ... we don't need to go into that... I force myself at petapan, and end up having to stick to that slot, attacking kuribo because noone respects "MAFIA" anymore.

-Kuribo made himself obv town.. outside of that his scumhunting wasn't spectacular.. he admits this, so cheah.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Benmage »

The deadqt is interesting.

Yes I purposely broke my "I only town selfvote schtik"... This epiphany occurred in a MD discussion where I came to the conclusion it was essentially cheating. What better game to break it in, no? I didn't even mention my past meta.. so go me fools.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Benmage »

And ty for the congratulations... It is a very exciting time in my life!!

I'm sorry if that spilled into too much mafia.. I tried to keep most out, hence pming Faraday instead of posting at times.. But sometimes you gotta say, why you're not more involved in a game. I think I'd do this regardless of alignment (probably more so as town :P )
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:47 am

Post by Benmage »

@Plessie 331, of the deadqt is situationally true.

Plessie states that it can almost be a hindrance for town to have such early success, because it can lead to a substantial amount mislynches, and therefore depression. Yes this accurate. But equally so I have seen scum throw in the towel when getting smashed so early as well.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3477, Benmage wrote:The traitor role, I lynch/bus and get zero credit.

The lyncher is now someone I can't force a mislynch on.. Thats a benefit to the town.

SCUM QT

The kills were tactically done, by yours truly. Zach died early as a foreshadow of a slot difficult to lynch down the road. Someone who I was worried could turn it on at any time. I also thought the slow play might have been PR related.

I had to keep Plessie and Cerulean alive for sometime because killing them and me being alive would raise questions :wink: :wink: .. that was atleast when I was still having fun.

I think I did play a solid game (overall I guess)... when I had the time.. I just felt I could've been even better had I not been so crazed with RL.
Funny enough, the slow start had to do with me dealing with my own rl issues and Sotty having a lot less time than she's historically had to keep caught up.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 3479, Benmage wrote:The deadqt is interesting.

Yes I purposely broke my "I only town selfvote schtik"... This epiphany occurred in a MD discussion where I came to the conclusion it was essentially cheating. What better game to break it in, no? I didn't even mention my past meta.. so go me fools.
But wouldn't breaking it for one game still be cheating? ;)
Breaking it means never doing it again
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh wow, I am finding it somewhat amusing that we were believed to be town power... guess you can't read me either Jason. :P
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 3483, Oversoul wrote:

I have no qualm with self voting... I historically was using it to prove myself town.. Now neither I nor anyone can make that argument.. (formyself)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Benmage »

^Town self hammering.. that's a bird of another feather...
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Benmage »

Even so Zach... I imagined wagoning you very difficult, to near impossible.. I figured your death would actually make Jason look good.. And I thought there a chance for you to be a PR.

@Faraday
why did you make it so we couldn't jail ourselves?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:59 am

Post by Benmage »

I thought I read Plessie and Cerulean quite well in regards to their feelings toward myself.. and killed them at optimal times.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:01 am

Post by Benmage »

Have I mentioned yet how much I hate Hydras?

And how much I hate them being put into a neighborhood..

COmeon.. 6 PEOPLE I can't manipulate... for shame.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:03 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 3485, Benmage wrote:
In post 3483, Oversoul wrote:

I have no qualm with self voting... I historically was using it to prove myself town.. Now neither I nor anyone can make that argument.. (formyself)
It is more while your intentions are good (to break a trust tell) you knowingly broke the tell in order to further your win condition so it still was cheating.
Nitpicky but I've done the same thing before
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:05 am

Post by camn »

In post 3476, ChannelDelibird wrote:Sorry for getting my read on you so wrong, camn, but yeah ... scumtells.

Thanks Faraday - I enjoyed playing in this game very much.
Its OK! I was intentionally trying to have mixed reads on myself.
Though I will say, the Traitor faked hydra dissonance, and both
Jason and Ben used RL excuses!

Ben, your play was fine. Don't think otherwise.
You were in a pinch in the end, and I should have lynched you, but you famine off really genuine throughout.
Of course, now you have blown a couple gimmicks- that being self voting as scum and 1v1 as scum. I'll lynch you for that now.

And thank thou, Faraday, for your modding. It was seamless. The flavor on Wallace, though...wtf?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 3487, Benmage wrote:@Faraday why did you make it so we couldn't jail ourselves?
I felt the red hat rolecop could be useful enough for gambits without the "detaining" - it was mostly designed to stop a vig/doc claim that you guys could break up + the flavour for detain was fun.

The lyncher is definitely pro scum though, Benmage. It's a player tunnelling on a townie/trying to get them lynched.

There'll be a season 2 eventually, although I'm running an asoiaf upick first.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 3491, camn wrote:And thank thou, Faraday, for your modding. It was seamless. The flavor on Wallace, though...wtf?
It's quite quirky, admittedly. But you should know better than outguessing the mod!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 3490, Oversoul wrote:It is more while your intentions are good (to break a trust tell) you knowingly broke the tell in order to further your win condition so it still was cheating.
That's not cheating. It's playing against expectations. Once he commented in MD the trust tell was pretty much broken. There are things I've "never done" as scum. Breaking them isn't cheating. Were you cheating in Chrono Trigger when you've said "I've never breadcrumbed as scum", of course not. + ben didn't bring up his meta so.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:11 am

Post by Oversoul »

Hmm... That's a good point I guess since it isn't self created?
Looking at the scum qt... I want Benmage on all of my scum teams lol.
He has the wrong group scummy to be honest. :p
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3494, Faraday wrote:
In post 3490, Oversoul wrote:It is more while your intentions are good (to break a trust tell) you knowingly broke the tell in order to further your win condition so it still was cheating.
That's not cheating. It's playing against expectations. Once he commented in MD the trust tell was pretty much broken. There are things I've "never done" as scum. Breaking them isn't cheating. Were you cheating in Chrono Trigger when you've said "I've never breadcrumbed as scum", of course not. + ben didn't bring up his meta so.
Even without the MD commenting, I can't see it as cheating.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:13 am

Post by camn »

Ah! QT!

Thank you, Tammy.
I didn't read it all, but its true. I voted wrong.
however, my plan would have been better, because it involved lynching benmage!
but it's not worth arguing oveR. There are plenty of could-have-beens... The biggest one being we could have won instead of lynching kise. Especially lynching kise without decent discussion on the strength of the neighborhoods opague opinion. That was our worst lynch, IMO.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Oversoul »

Also I wasn't trying to call you a cheater, Ben, just talking about it
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 3492, Faraday wrote:There'll be a season 2 eventually, although I'm running an asoiaf upick first.
You make sure you pm me that.

I still argue that a lyncher on a weak slot.. i.e. nost, is better for scum.

I have to plan out NK v potential lynches.. Thats how I operate.. losing nost hurt. (kurbio replacing petapan HURT)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”