NY 162: A Week at the Theatres (Game Over)

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:24 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 1998, Bacde wrote:
In post 1994, roflcopter wrote:i mean with your vote and your lynch-leading-ness
In post 1995, Bacde wrote:really? I don't really remember ever leading that much in this game
do you have a response to this?
lynch-leading might not be the right term but you had a certain gusto in the early game that has utterly disappeared, you seemed to just accept lynches since peta's lynch, you've been much more concerned with things like outlandish endgame scenarios ("what if its rolf/kingdom/bacde!") while everyone else actually seemed to think this game would never reach 3 man lylo.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:25 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 1999, Bacde wrote:
In post 1986, roflcopter wrote:
In post 56, Bacde wrote:
In post 54, Human Destroyer wrote:Bacde-town
Bacde-scum

This looks more like Bacde town tbh
<3 u HD
why would I be more likely to make this post as scum rather than as town?

IMO its not likely for scum to directly buddy their partners, its a large reason of why I didn't want you lynched after peta flipped scum

but you seem to think its likely
because you have big brass balls and at this stage in the game you were letting them swing wildly
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:30 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 2001, roflcopter wrote:
In post 1999, Bacde wrote:
In post 1986, roflcopter wrote:
In post 56, Bacde wrote:
In post 54, Human Destroyer wrote:Bacde-town
Bacde-scum

This looks more like Bacde town tbh
<3 u HD
why would I be more likely to make this post as scum rather than as town?

IMO its not likely for scum to directly buddy their partners, its a large reason of why I didn't want you lynched after peta flipped scum

but you seem to think its likely
because you have big brass balls and at this stage in the game you were letting them swing wildly
I don't think this answer adequately addresses the question tbh

I also noticed you mentioned that you wanted me lynched early game, which is true

But do you remember how a large part of that was you associating me with smashbard? I recall you saying that there was an "obv chainsaw defense" on the first page of your posting

You also made an association case on Peregrine for the way he interacted w/ HD, but that ended up being incorrect. Why do you think this association case is correct?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:31 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 2000, roflcopter wrote:
In post 1998, Bacde wrote:
In post 1994, roflcopter wrote:i mean with your vote and your lynch-leading-ness
In post 1995, Bacde wrote:really? I don't really remember ever leading that much in this game
do you have a response to this?
lynch-leading might not be the right term but you had a certain gusto in the early game that has utterly disappeared, you seemed to just accept lynches since peta's lynch, you've been much more concerned with things like outlandish endgame scenarios ("what if its rolf/kingdom/bacde!") while everyone else actually seemed to think this game would never reach 3 man lylo.
yeah mislynch after mislynch will take the gusto out of me

but it doesn't seem to phase you

why?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm not gonna lie I went into this day thinking it was rofl but the dialogue this last page is making me uncertain and I am second guessing myself all over

I fucking hate being in 3P LyLo and of course, out of the like 5 or 4 times in 3P LyLo, this will be the third in the Hell Hole known as New York.

The innocent on Bacde really fucking screws with me but I am standing behind my belief that the last scum has to be godfather or otherwise investigation immune for any semblance of balance imo but that only adds into more second guessing and questioning myself

Rofl, why are you concerned with the way I acted towards being investigated with Zone?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:27 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 1068, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1050, Bacde wrote:Also I would not be surprised if Oversoul is scum, Oversoul replaced Go, right? Go "nabbing" MrZepher as scum on page 1 or two looked suspicious as hell
no.

let me just stop you now before you even begin down that road
OS, why did you make this post in this manner?

At the time, i thought you were crumbing a protective role or something
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 2004, Oversoul wrote:I'm not gonna lie I went into this day thinking it was rofl but the dialogue this last page is making me uncertain and I am second guessing myself all over

I fucking hate being in 3P LyLo and of course, out of the like 5 or 4 times in 3P LyLo, this will be the third in the Hell Hole known as New York.

The innocent on Bacde really fucking screws with me but I am standing behind my belief that the last scum has to be godfather or otherwise investigation immune for any semblance of balance imo but that only adds into more second guessing and questioning myself

Rofl, why are you concerned with the way I acted towards being investigated with Zone?
I was thinking it was rofl too coming into today too

Why does the dialogue this last page make you uncertain? I was under the impression I was making really good points
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2005, Bacde wrote:
In post 1050, Bacde wrote:Also I would not be surprised if Oversoul is scum, Oversoul replaced Go, right? Go "nabbing" MrZepher as scum on page 1 or two looked suspicious as hell
no.

no, I don't crumb investigative roles like that

It was me saying 1) if you go into speculation about my predecessor I will not comment on it, 2) that type of speculation is especially reaching, and 3) I am town in a very blunt manner

About why I thought it was rofl and now I am having second thoughts? I don't know he just seems genuine from his tone and the questions he is asking here that makes me doubt

I've had horrible luck in going back and trying to read people in LyLo so I am just going how I feel off impressions of peopel and so far it is worked well especially in determing players who aren't exactly always present and don't have as much content as others
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 2007, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2005, Bacde wrote:
no.

no, I don't crumb investigative roles like that

It was me saying 1) if you go into speculation about my predecessor I will not comment on it, 2) that type of speculation is especially reaching, and 3) I am town in a very blunt manner

About why I thought it was rofl and now I am having second thoughts? I don't know he just seems genuine from his tone and the questions he is asking here that makes me doubt

I've had horrible luck in going back and trying to read people in LyLo so I am just going how I feel off impressions of peopel and so far it is worked well especially in determing players who aren't exactly always present and don't have as much content as others
so you feel his aggressive tone is genuine despite some of his points being invalid (such as me being more "timid" in the past few days)?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Bacde »

He just doesn't seem genuine to me at all esp. with how he has avoided answering my tougher questions
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Bacde »

well maybe he isn't purposely avoiding my questions since he hasn't posted since the Q's
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Bacde »

After roflcopter answers my questions I'ma go into aggressive mode since I've got a clincher argument as to why I'm town and I feel pretty confident about it
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 5:13 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 2002, Bacde wrote:But do you remember how a large part of that was you associating me with smashbard? I recall you saying that there was an "obv chainsaw defense" on the first page of your posting
uh huh, a large part, but not all of it. so, strawman much? my gut wanted you lynched early in the game. i'm waxing philosophical, gee wouldn't it be nice if after all this time i was right about you in the beginning.
In post 2002, Bacde wrote:You also made an association case on Peregrine for the way he interacted w/ HD, but that ended up being incorrect. Why do you think this association case is correct?
holy shit this is a terrible defense. "you made an association case on peregrine and he flipped town therefore all association cases are wrong" is pretty much what you are saying. i was also wrong about jacob, and about actiondan, and about smashbard early in the game, and i was crazy wrong about peta. so should i just stop playing mafia because i was wrong so much? or could it just be that i'm *town* so i get things wrong sometimes and when that happens all i can do is come back the next day and try to get it right this time? my being wrong about peregrine-hd interaction literally has zero bearing on whether or not i'm right about hd-bacde interactions.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 5:16 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 2004, Oversoul wrote:Rofl, why are you concerned with the way I acted towards being investigated with Zone?
cause it was sketch as hell man, the possibility of an investigation comes up and you're all 'zomg don't investigate me it would be a waste of time hur dur!"

but really, like i said, that is the only time this entire game that my radar even perked up in your direction. for you to be mafia, go would have to have 1) bussed zepher like mad, 2) been bussed in return by hd for bussing zepher (which was actually a major, major example of a chainsaw defense) and 3) turned right around and bussed hd too. its just not something i consider plausible.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2013, roflcopter wrote:cause it was sketch as hell man, the possibility of an investigation comes up and you're all 'zomg don't investigate me it would be a waste of time hur dur!"
I didn't remember it that way then lol

I just want this game to be over

Bacde I kinda agree with rofl's sentiments about being wrong. It doesn't mean that you are automatically scum. I was wrong about Zone, I was wrong about Konowa, I was wrong about Zepher, and I was REALLY wrong about Jacob
Why are you only going after him over those things?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 2014, Oversoul wrote:Bacde I kinda agree with rofl's sentiments about being wrong. It doesn't mean that you are automatically scum. I was wrong about Zone, I was wrong about Konowa, I was wrong about Zepher, and I was REALLY wrong about Jacob
Why are you only going after him over those things?
I've been wrong a lot too this game

I was wrong about Zone, and was wrong about NS, and was wrong about Peregrine

I was also wrong about the number of scum left, I thought there would be 5

Its how he responds to my question that makes this important--I'm scumhunting

and tbh rofl's answer really does sound townie to me, you both do right now

so whoever of you is scum, really gj

but I've got (what I think) is a clincher argument for why I'm town and who I think is the scum
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 8:21 am

Post by Bacde »

Ok so first of all, I want to say that I think the last scum is a godfather

I think this for a couple reasons:

1) Balance. With 4 scum, thats less than 25% of the town. Considering that the town was somewhat strong with informative/protective roles (with daymasons, a gunsmith, a bodyguard, and a jailkeeper), which really would screw over the scum unless they had roles to counteract that. The rolecop was a part of it, but would a rolecop + 3 goons be balanced against that much town power? Probably not

2) The mod had an answer as to whether or not a godfather would investigate as w/ a gun or w/o a gun, and the mod posted it in the thread. What really makes this argument convincing, however, is that the mod answered in a non-standard fashion. I'm pretty sure that generally godfather's investigate as "with a gun". The fact that the mod would clarify a nonstandard aspect of a role makes me believe that he already had an answer to the question prepared because the role was in the game.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Bacde »

Ok so I've got two things that I think will greatly improve the chances of finding me to be town.

1) On day 3, I was voting for Nobody Special. The two wagons built up to L-1, and were both competing with each other almost all the way to deadline. Now I want to emphasize here that OS was voting for NS, while roflcopter was voting for HD. Neither of these votes are inherently scummy or townie. I was voting for NS. However, right before deadline, I moved my vote to HD. This is a move I can't imagine making if I were scum. If I were scum, I would have kept my vote on NS, and just stopped posting. I think this move is a major towntell. Here is the VC from right after that move:
In post 1325, Maestro wrote:
RANDOM FACT:
MattP's back so he can do some marvelous flavor after the flip now! Yay!

VotecountNobody Special -
[L-2] Oversoul, ZONEACE, ActionDan, Smashbard, Human Destroyer

HumanDestroyer -
[L-0] Dramonic, petapan, PeregrineV, roflcopte, wind-up, Nobody Special, JacobSavage, Bacde

ActionDan -
[L-7]
KingdomAces

NOT VOTING: nada

PRODS FOR: nope

WITH [14] ALIVE IT TOOK [8] TO LYNCH

Human Destroyer was Lynched. He was a
Mafia RoleCop

EVERYONE SHUT UP AND WAIT FOR MATTP/DR. PRODUCER - I CAN'T LOCK THE THREAD
2) Peta started pushing on me right before he was outted as w/ a gun. After lynching two of his teammates, I can't imagine him gunning for his last teammate.
In post 1159, petapan wrote:bacde is not posting good
In post 1544, petapan wrote:its probably bacde or oversoul and he saw his partner was throwing him under the bus and gave up
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Bacde »

Ok, now for why I think roflcopter is scum, and not just scum but a godfather.

1) The way a godfather is supposed to play. On Epicmafia there are TONS of setups that have godfathers. This has given me a lot of experience in playing as one. As a godfather, it is in your best interest to bus often. As you are investigation immune, if you bus AND get investigated you can build up a RIDICULOUS amount of town cred and basically ride the gravy train to victory. roflcopter's play correlates with optimal godfather play.

2) Smashbard died first between the 3 gunsmith clears (I realize that the clear doesn't guarantee that I'm town but walk with me here). Though Smashbard WOULD make sense to kill over KingdomAces as he was more active and generally recognized by the town as protown, he also was the strongest proponent of linking petapan's and roflcopter's alignments. I don't think the choice to kill him first was a coincidence.

3) Petapan pushed on me AND on OS, AND defended roflcopter
In post 1159, petapan wrote:bacde is not posting good
In post 1544, petapan wrote:its probably bacde or oversoul and he saw his partner was throwing him under the bus and gave up
In post 1579, petapan wrote:
In post 1578, Bacde wrote:I mean, a ZONEACE lynch does sound tempting but I'm super skeptical of roflcopter right now
his scumgame from the last time i played with him was super weak, he pushed retarded reads and avoided bussing there's nothing to be skeptical of
4) OS asked to NOT be investigated, which is a HUGE not-GF tell.

5) roflcopter seems to have trouble keeping his thoughts straight:
In post 1907, roflcopter wrote:and i think the game is going to end if we lynch right today, and even if we lynch wrong today there exists no scenario that will involve anyone even entertaining the idea of lynching you
This post indicates to me that if roflcopter was keeping a smooth train of thought, he would be more suspicious of OS right now. Yet I had previously expressed suspicion about roflcopter, so as scum it would be more beneficial for him to instead try to spread suspicion onto me, rather than continue along that train of thought.

And finally, something subjective

This post here:
In post 1909, roflcopter wrote:gf is not supposed to be a gunsmith negative. if that exists in this setup and has had an effect on the game, it is a large mod error/oversight.
Sounds like its rofl trying to force a not-GF tell. It is not as genuine as OS's asking to not be investigated.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Bacde »

And because I really doubt that either of you are going to present a case that will convince me more than the one I just made

VOTE: roflcopter
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Bacde »

A few minor notes:

1) The way that Go attacked both zepher and HD felt legitimate, eg not like a bus. He had solid reasoning for scumreading them both. Also, it read as genuine because (as I think actiondan said "tempers were flared")

2) Roflcopter threw a softball question at peta and accepted his answer fullheartedly:
In post 1026, roflcopter wrote:zomg thanks for saving me konowa
(i'll read the dead thread soon enough to find out if you really did)

vote: human destroyer

@peta, at the end of day one, why did you not sheep me onto zepher, as promised?
In post 1031, petapan wrote:i would have but i think it wasn't viable at the time i wasn't paying a lot of attention

plus greygnarl pissed me off

basically i'm shit this game and i'm going to be taking a long break after this

tbh i thought konowa was scum going into today because his read on zepher disappeared yesterday
In post 1052, roflcopter wrote:more hd votes

peta is town (read reaffirmed)
3) Roflcopter hasn't really been explaining his reads that well. Explaining the reasoning behind reads is one of the hardest things to do as scum.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: roflcopter
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Oversoul »

I'm sorry Bacde I really am :(
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 9:11 am

Post by roflcopter »

tits
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Post by roflcopter »

honestly peta on me was like the most obvious scum-town buddy up ever when you look back at it

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”