, was killed night 3.

The Central Scrutinizer*,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched day 4.

Game State:

GAME OVER

*prod

Sample VT Role PM:
Mod wrote:Hello [player], welcome to Mafibleh! You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers or abilities. You are Town-aligned and win when all living players are Town. Game thread is [here]. Please cofirm your role via PM.
Last edited by TraceyLyn11 on Sun May 26, 2013 9:01 am, edited 15 times in total.
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Rules

(Slightly modified from Amrun's, who referenced Equinox, ReaperCharlie, LlamaFluff, Vi, and dramonic)

General

1. Be familiar with the sitewide rules and guidelines.
2. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Use of homophobic, racist, sexist, or any other derogatory slurs falls under this rule. Keep it civil.
3. Play to your win condition.
4. Unless otherwise specified in your role PM or by me, you may not communicate outside of this thread while the game is running.
5. Do not quote or post any screen captures of any private communication to which you have access. This includes game-related PMs, QuickTopics, and instant messaging logs. Paraphrasing is okay.
6. If it is not visible to the naked eye, do not post it. This includes, but is not limited to: invisible text, tiny text, encrypted text, and text hidden within tags. Clickable spoiler text, however, is allowed, as long as it is used within reason.
7. If you have the ability to edit your posts, don't use it in my game.
Blue
is reserved for the moderator. All other formatting is fair game with the provision that you do not impersonate me or post in hidden text, as covered in another rule.

Activity

1. Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 72-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 36 hours to respond in the game thread before a replacement is sought.
2. Players who have been prodded 3 times are subject to replacement without further notice. After three prods, replacements will happen upon my discretion. You will also be replaced if you require two prods in one Day. Prod timers re-set with each new game Day.
3. Posting content is an absolute must. If a player posts nothing but prod dodges for an entire game Day, he or she will be subject to replacement upon my discretion.
4. If you anticipate being away for at least 48 hours, please PM me AND post a V/LA notice in the thread with the expected date of your return.

Pre-Game

1. During Pre-Game you will receive your role PM. Confirm by posting in the thread.
2. Confirmed players will be bolded on the player list. When 7/9 players have confirmed, Day 1 will begin.
3. All QTs are open during pre-game.

Day

1. Days will have a deadline of 21 real-time days for Day 1, and 14 real days for all others. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances.
2. Players may vote to No Lynch; a no lynch will occur if 50% of players vote for no lynch or if no majority is achieved by deadline.
3. Lynch is achieved by simple majority.
4. Once majority is reached, no further votes or unvotes will count.
5. Votes should be on a separate line and flushed left, and
MUST
be bolded (e.g.,
Vote: Amrun
). The same applies to vote revocations (e.g.,
Unvote
). Unvotes are preferred but not necessary when switching votes (e.g.,
Unvote
Vote: Amrun
). Use of the vote tags (e.g., VOTE: Amrun) is optional. Abbreviations are okay as long as it's clear for whom the vote is made.
6. Let me repeat. All votes/unvotes
MUST
be flushed left and bolded or use the appropriate tag.
7. All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to discuss in twilight phase until I post the death scene.
8. Dead players may make one "Bah!" post that contains no game-related content, but it must also contain a picture of a tigershark and/or the word FAILHULK

Night

1. Nights will last at least 48 hours and no more than 72 hours.
2. Players who have a night action to submit must send it in before the announced deadline. I accept provisional actions up until the announced deadline, at which time I will use the last action submitted.

Moderator Actions

1. Flavor is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.
2. If there is an error in the vote count or something similar, bold your concern in the thread. Please PM me for all other issues.
3. Violations of these rules will result in consequences. Pretending to violate these rules will also result in consequences. What those consequences are depend on the severity of the action and on the game state.
4. Any situation not covered above will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
5. I reserve the right to add, modify, or remove rules as necessary. I will notify you of all changes in the thread.

Please PM me if you need clarification on anything in the rules.
Last edited by SleepyKrew on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I've been pretty sick lately and won't be starting this until I'm healthy. I'm feeling a bit better today so here's to hoping that with a good night's sleep, this is opened tomorrow!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Role PMs have been sent. I'll open the thread once I have 7/9 confirmations.

Current confirmations:
/9.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

7/9 received. Game on.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Messiah

Blasphemy...
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

VOTE: Drummer
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
YOLO
YOLO
Goon
YOLO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by YOLO »

Vote: Shisou

Flakers gonna flake.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Vote: YOLO

#YOLO
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Drummer »

Vote:Ms Marangal

Bleh.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:53 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

Drummer and TCS are scum. Drummer for voting a townie, and TCS for blatant bussing of a buddy, question is who of the two are a bigger threat?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm sincerely hoping you are not serious here, you can some to the conclusion that two people are scum based on two seperate posts in the RVS phase? I'm going to assume you are joking here... But: You listed two people as possible scum, yet did not vote? What's up with that?

TCS: Why are you voting Drummer? I realize that this is RVS still and you don't need a concrete reason to vote for someone, but it is usually customary to vote against some one in the RVS stage with some ridiculous reason, which might turn into something bigger based on that person's reaction.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:05 am

In post 11, Dannflor wrote:I'm sincerely hoping you are not serious here, you can some to the conclusion that two people are scum based on two seperate posts in the RVS phase? I'm going to assume you are joking here... But: You listed two people as possible scum, yet did not vote? What's up with that?

TCS: Why are you voting Drummer? I realize that this is RVS still and you don't need a concrete reason to vote for someone, but it is usually customary to vote against some one in the RVS stage with some ridiculous reason, which might turn into something bigger based on that person's reaction.

An old ex-girlfriend left me for one.
possibly
comment."
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:34 am

Post by Drummer »

In post 11, Dannflor wrote:I'm sincerely hoping you are not serious here, you can some to the conclusion that two people are scum based on two seperate posts in the RVS phase? I'm going to assume you are joking here... But: You listed two people as possible scum, yet did not vote? What's up with that?

According to her post, it seems she didn't vote because she wasn't sure which of the two was the bigger threat.

In post 11, Dannflor wrote:TCS: Why are you voting Drummer? I realize that this is RVS still and you don't need a concrete reason to vote for someone, but it is usually customary to vote against some one in the RVS stage with some ridiculous reason, which might turn into something bigger based on that person's reaction.

Why did you ask only TCS why he didn't give a reason for voting? You notice I didn't give one either, but you focused only on TCS.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 13, Drummer wrote:

According to her post, it seems she didn't vote because she wasn't sure which of the two was the bigger threat.

In post 11, Dannflor wrote:TCS: Why are you voting Drummer? I realize that this is RVS still and you don't need a concrete reason to vote for someone, but it is usually customary to vote against some one in the RVS stage with some ridiculous reason, which might turn into something bigger based on that person's reaction.

Why did you ask only TCS why he didn't give a reason for voting? You notice I didn't give one either, but you focused only on TCS.

Yes, but if you list two people as scum. You probably want to vote for one of them.

Also, it was largely a reaction test for TCS, I was simply intrigued on why he voted with not even a single other word in his post.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:49 am

Post by Rob14 »

Over-reaction in RVS.

Unvote
Vote: Dannflor

Serious vote.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:41 am

Post by Dannflor »

lol, 11th Doctor voting the 10th.

Anyway, RVS is all about reactions, over reactions, and under reactions. Your basically trying to find the scummiest reaction and lead the game out of RVS from there. I was questioning both of them to see if I could find anything scummy about them. A reaction test really.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 16, Dannflor wrote:lol, 11th Doctor voting the 10th.

Anyway, RVS is all about reactions, over reactions, and under reactions. Your basically trying to find the scummiest reaction and lead the game out of RVS from there. I was questioning both of them to see if I could find anything scummy about them. A reaction test really.

Oh, I entirely agree with you about RVS. I was looking for the scummiest reaction...and you gave it to me.

Your #16 was just a whole lot of IIoA, by the way. I know what RVS is. We all know what RVS is. Why the need to explain it? Either way, the tone of your post was worried and over-serious. These are not things I see from town in RVS. Town can get serious quick in RVS (as I've done here), but they don't do it because of a whole lot of nothing, like you did. They do it because they think they're onto something.

And you should have read my meta before you claimed reaction test. Explaining away scummy actions as "oh, it was just a reaction test! herp derp" is probably the worst thing to do in Mafia, as scum or town, although I see scum do it MUCH more often than town. I pretty much am willing to policy lynch for it.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

Alright, is you have found your scummiest reaction then so be it, I'm still looking for mine. Also, I can't gather a lot from so few posts, and so few people posting.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:42 pm

In post 14, Dannflor wrote:

Yes, but if you list two people as scum. You probably want to vote for one of them.

Also, it was largely a reaction test for TCS, I was simply intrigued on why he voted with not even a single other word in his post.

That's not uncommon on this site, especially for RVS. I do it pretty much every game.

I don't really understand how saying "Bleh" or "#YOLO" is going to add something to the content of my RVS vote.

That being said, I like the cut of Drummer's jib, so I will forgive him for Jessica. Honest scumhunting gets unvotes. UNVOTE: Drummer

Confirming but not posting at all gets votes. VOTE: Messiah.
possibly
comment."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 19, The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Honest scumhunting gets unvotes.

Where exactly is this scum hunting you speak of?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Assume what you want, though as stated I'm trying to figure out who of the two is a bigger threat, or if I'm right in the first place.

I can answer questions myself thanks. you vote me, I call you out as scum then you suddenly defend me? makes me think I found something here. I also notice that you don't call me out for OMGUS reasoning when that is what my opening post obviously that

In post 15, Rob14 wrote:

Over-reaction in RVS.

Unvote
Vote: Dannflor

Serious vote.

and I don't get called out for over-reaction?
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by Jun »

VOTE: Dannflor

Because in my experience he is always scum.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:55 pm

In post 20, Dannflor wrote:
In post 19, The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Honest scumhunting gets unvotes.

Where exactly is this scum hunting you speak of?

Post 13, where he ask you why you chose to single me out of all of the other players who had no real explanation for their votes. That's the kind of question that's good for town to ask.
possibly
comment."
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

The RVS is done Jun, get with the program... now do you have a real reason behind that vote?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”