/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:57 am

Post by Faraday »

Thank you all for playing. I hope you enjoyed the game. Thank you to all the replacements, in particular.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah, I replaced in, got to Vi's result and then put it in cruise control.

It's funny how being confirmed town can sometimes make it hard to actually be town, and not lazy.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Tierce »

Woo(f)!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Tierce »

Quick random fact: maybe not quicklynching when the obvTown players are asking for time and/or it's less than 24 hours into the Day would be a good idea...?

Just a thought.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:13 am

Post by Benmage »

*flex*

Thanks Faraday.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Faraday »

I don't think the quicklynching mattered, some people had townier reads on DV at that point, anyway.

Well played, town. Scum played well too - but I mean, obviously, less well?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:16 am

Post by Benmage »

^Such insight.. such wisdom
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:17 am

Post by Benmage »

I agree tho, I don't think the quicklynch affected the game outcome.

So people post some thought that would have been wrong or forgotten anyways... Ooops?

As for OGML... good think he was lynched. Hence why I as town lynch town that can't be trusted in lylo scenarios when we can afford to do so. After lynching 2 scum back to back.. I was suspect after Shadow? Nonono.. his way = town loss.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:20 am

Post by Faraday »

I thought you and 'Marble were gonna make out after you had your moment together.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:20 am

Post by Tammy »

Awesome! Whats funny is I had just finished reading ces and nachos Isos and decided that yeah my earlier thought that deasvail made the most sense as scum here was more likely, and I had growing suspicion that he was trying to get benmage out of the way so I'd be more likely to mess it up in lylo, and then saw that benmage hammered. I was like okay let's just hope!

Shadoweh I kinda left my vote on you just to leave it there when deas didn't hammer I knew you wouldn't be hammered, and I wanted to see how you would react and others. And I didnt feel like you were in any particular danger of being lynched early.

My dv suspicions were all over the place though. It kinda went like this. I suspect dv, that nacho case looks suspect. Empires town read. Look at ctd's interactions and pattern makes him scum most definitely. Empire's town read. Rinse, lather, repeat. And I kept getting side tracked because we had just finished the wire where he was mislynched after we'd given him a string town read, but when I looked at his play and the rest of scum I couldn't see where he was town. But I think he did do a good job of imitating his town behavior at the end when he was suspected. It was noticeably different from castle zar and had me second guessing what seemed to make sense. Moral of the story. I need to stop second guessing myself so much.

But yay congrats to us! Thanks for running it faraday, and I love that final scene. You capture my apologetic nature so well!

Oh and I had fun playing with you all.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:25 am

Post by Tammy »

Oh and dv you wouldnt have been able to convince me to vote benmage though, you probably would have done better to go shadoweh today and then try to get me paranoid tomorrow. I have some ways that I read benmage as town now, especially after comparing them when we played in the wire, that evn though I was annoyed I didn't suspect him.

I don't know if that would have held in lylo though, but it probably would.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:27 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I really need to figure out how to read Deasvail. His play never really stands out to me in either direction.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:30 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2061, Zachrulez wrote:I really need to figure out how to read Deasvail. His play never really stands out to me in either direction.
Note the apathetic woes me "But really I'm town"... from this game... Note it, lynch it on site irregardless.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2060, Tammy wrote:Oh and dv you wouldnt have been able to convince me to vote benmage though, you probably would have done better to go shadoweh today and then try to get me paranoid tomorrow. I have some ways that I read benmage as town now, especially after comparing them when we played in the wire, that evn though I was annoyed I didn't suspect him.

I don't know if that would have held in lylo though, but it probably would.
I'm glad you didn't let your emotions get the best of you.

Demonstrates strength.

See I'm like a zen teacher. The next time you get overly flustered you can reflect to this game calm yourself and let logic overrule.

(All in all tho.. I just found the end either Shadow/DV with you and llamarable rather obvious and there for found us(you guys) overthinking it which leads to downfalls)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2058, Faraday wrote:I thought you and 'Marble were gonna make out after you had your moment together.
I was waiting for him to lean in 90 so I could lean in 10... errrrrrrr
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Empire »

Posting from phone since I just got our of my exam.

Never have I been more happy to have been ignored.

I'm pissed that I died when I did because I was going to argue that Benmage was obvtown via meta but never got the chance to do it. I would have really hated myself if he came back scum.

I skimmed the scum QT and I don't know what game you guys were reading but I was like the furthest from scary.

More later when I get back home.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:03 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I thought this was a really well played game all around, impressive play by the collective town and a thoroughly deserved win. Congrats!

I tip my hat to Llamarble for shooting me N1. Gutsy use of a one-shot. Guess he really strongly believed in that early-game tell, though I don't maintain that I'd make the post as town. :p

Empire, Tierce and Tammy should stop playing with each other, they're messing up game balance! ;)
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

EBWOP: I
do
maintain that I'd make the post as town.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Faraday what the hell am I even watching here. ?_? You just know you can't come close to imitating my AMAZING POSTING SKILL.

Not that this caused me to miss sleep, or panic, or miss sleep and panic, and read way more about Benmage then I ever wanted to know. x.x Tammy, I was reading Team Mafia and Lovers Mafia. And for Deasvail I just read him as a kitty and reminded myself I can't read him so. But hooray!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:33 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Many thanks to Faraday for modding (and the last flavor part was gold!)

This was a great game to follow, and I'd echo what people have been saying about both sides playing quite well.

Hope to play with y'all again in the future!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:50 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2048, Faraday wrote:Okay, seriously. What was Benmage's problem? She was town. Couldn't he see she was obviously town? Was he just trying to provoke a reaction. People always did that to her. It was annoying. She had been genuinely busy, not lurking. Why did people always say that? Why was he saying he'd vote her? Was he stupid? Did he really think that? What would Empire say? Would he agree. Oh, maybe she needed to re-read. Ah! That didn't help. She wasn't that sure. Seriously how could Benmage suspect her? Was he just being arrogant? Why wasn't Llamarble voting someone else? Was he a mafia 1-shot vig.Would that be normal? Why would that not be normal? Where were the normal rules? Okay, seriously. How could Benmage suspect her? She was obviously town.
lmfaooooooo
free crypto
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Benmage »

See if only I followed my own handy guide on being awesome I couldve faked a guilty today and made it end much quicker... I've become complacent in my old age. *sigh*
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:26 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2065, Empire wrote: I'm pissed that I died when I did because I was going to argue that Benmage was obvtown via meta but never got the chance to do it. I would have really hated myself if he came back scum.
Fo realz... I'll attribute some of my good reads to the benmagetell, or confirmation bias if you will. In this scenario, meta was key... I felt I acted drastically different than any scum game of mine. CES/Nacho both having experience with me and viewing me in this game as scum was a self meta redflag tell on them. They, like Empire, should've had me as town. TownBenmage is much more susceptible to buddying... hence why I got a little paranoid with Empire for a second.

As for DV I'm a sucker for the apathy town-tell.. I guess I imagine scum need to be more RAWR... But you only fool me once! (and ruin future town games, when I PL your apathetic ass!)
In post 2065, Empire wrote: I skimmed the scum QT and I don't know what game you guys were reading but I was like the furthest from scary.
You were pretty obvtown tho... and for the same reasons I killed SottyRulez in the Wire, good players are hard to lynch and have the ability to turn it on. (See me preD2 this game to postD2 this game)
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Shadoweh »

It helped that you had a concurrent scum game in which you were a completely different person. >_>
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2073, Shadoweh wrote:It helped that you had a concurrent scum game in which you were a completely different person. >_>
True. I think I remember having to not be lackluster at the start of this game because there was such an overlap of players.

Also Tammy, sorry if I got too personal. Stop second guessing yourself!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”