/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Tammy, I would appreciate if you stopped voting me so the person I'm pushing as scum doesn't have the hammer, kthx. Can you stop sounding paranoid and present something usable? You were screaming at Benmage to let you read the game. Just read the game and decide what you want to do from there. What you're doing now isn't productive.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Obviously I'm not hammering you though?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:16 am

Post by DeasVail »

I haven't quite done the big super reread I was planning, but I have read through the recent parts of the game again, skimmed through some of the older Benmage/Shadoweh posts and I think I'm happy enough with what I thought of their posts before to make at least a preliminary decision of what I think. (Trying to look at Benmage in The Wire compared to here is just not working for me.)

Anyway, I think I'm going with Benmage.

Why?

-For most of the game, I've found Shadoweh more town than Benmage. The biggest things are probably her reaction to the wagon on Day whatever it was and continuing the 'woe is me' thing after being attacked for it. Those are the most concrete things I can find/think of/remember, but a lot of her posts feel really town for me in a way that I don't think would be replicated by Shadoweh-scum. Again, I'm not sure and there are town-looking things about Benmage too, but Shadoweh is more town to me from most of the game.

-A lot of the things Benmage has done today seem like a big show. The whole 'RAWR Tammy' thing I thought could be too weird for scum, but first, I don't get how he could have thought Tammy was scum, and it's suddenly no longer a thing now when I don't think Tammy has been particularly more town recently. Similar are his statements about how he definitely definitely definitely wouldn't do such-and-such as scum and everyone should learn to play, when a lot of those things could fairly easily be done by scum when you think about it.
I feel a lot less confident about this than it might sound, but it's something that's come to my mind as a possibility and with Shadoweh also looking more town in my opinion, I think I'm going here.

-Just a quick note on The Wire. I just don't think it's a good reason to consider him town. The games started at different times and I don't think it's that absurd to have different activity in one scumgame compared to another. I know that RL can easily interfere even if you love playing scum, but I can't say much more about it. The thing that Shadoweh mentioned, as I said I really doubt he'd do the same exaggerated reactions in two scumgames and I don't think it's a good idea to expect him to.

I don't know if it's just because I'm way too tired, but I'm actually feeling weirdly good right now thinking of Benmage-scum. I don't think I'm ready to vote yet, but here's what I've been thinking.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:41 am

Post by Benmage »

:facepalm:
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:54 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 6, Votecount 6

Shadoweh (2) - Benmage, Tammy

Deasvail (1) - Llamarble

Not voting (2) :
Deasvail, Shadoweh
  • With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of May at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-05-04 19:30:00)
  • NO ONE is V/la
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

This is a prod dodge, to celebrate actually being able to sleep in and also sleeping on keyboard yes
Not that I haven't read what Deasvail posted, but I will answer when I can brain good
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I bought a bike today!
This is also a prod dodge.
I'll probably do another reading pass, but the ball is kinda in Tammy's court.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:31 am

Post by Benmage »

unvote
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote: Benmage
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by Tammy »

Prod dodge. Right in the middle of something and won't be able to get to this again before tomorrow.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1318, Benmage wrote:Did anyone else laugh at what OGML posted as a "case"...??

Okay, so I had little interaction with CTD... So? Guess who else had little interaction with CTD, YOU(OGML). I was reading CTD as town. Wrong obv.

I did call Penguin an easy mislynch, and was right there... check.

I called him a shitty, expendable player. True (see his "case"). He puts that a case against me?!?! I've been in favor of policy lynching atrocious players many a time. Oh right I'm manipulating my meta (we'll get there)

*I'm laughing at town, call to lynch Vi, but then opt to NK instead... and this is me just having a good ole jolly... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yes I was defending CES, but I'm actually curious to see how he flips.
--He's calling out chainsaw defense preflips :facepalm:

-And I'm manipulating my meta to be lackadasical... ZzZzz I already said not this game. I have too much mafia integrity to be this atrocious. Sure one day, I'll mess it up somewhat... play a little aloof.... but not this lolol... Not where I say I'm not trying, thats like lying to MAFIA(itself) (ohboy this is reading like a lot of wine if I was scum) ***But essentially you have to try as scum. Using RL, and being lethargic is simply not playing the game and an insult to the game. In my mind moreso as mafia. Because as town I can coast a few days, let other plays *perform* and then analyze from there... I don't care if they can't read me because I'm not participating because I'm town! I can't do this strategy as scum, because town must anaylze someones contribution an it is impossible if all they do is coast. Hence you'll never see scum benmage coast. (ATLEAST not in the manner of using RL/Laziness as an excuse) WRITE THIS DOWN... if you see Benmage coasting, and then posting sporadically without complaining about RL or some shit, you just caught me changing said meta. MWAHAHAHA :wink: (This will likely bite me in the ass one day, but I plan on a hiatus after this game.. so try and forget it)

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE WHY DO WE HAVE THIS DEAD WEIGHT OGML!??!?!?! So he flips town, we don't lose endgame.. ZzZZZ

@Llamarble, who are the 6 lynch candidates?? (I'm sure you posted it, but please just redo)
-Tammy + Llamarble both voting CES concerns me. Tierce, Tammy, LLamarable, Empire can't all be town. I'm most confident Llamarble is town, I can't tell is Empire buddying me is a scumtell, or the only one here with half a brain. so cheah.

Zach... in what universe could this possible be benmage scum (You're better than that).. Didn't you read WF?. I haven't been trying since D1, so ignore this temporary V/La....
DV what do you think of this post? I mean, I might be a manipulatable piece of jelly here, but this actually feels real.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I would agree, but it's between him and Shadoweh here (well it better be) and with Shadoweh doing stuff that feels real to me too, as well as knowing that Benmage can do the whole 'I'm so town' tone as scum, I'm pretty much guessing that it's Benmage. Maybe Shadoweh could pull it off as scum too, but I think Benmage is the more likely to be able to based off The Wire anyway.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1942, Benmage wrote:^Granted Tierce, you too played better the following days. (Empire... brother, I swear I was sweating a ton in the Wire... RL a bitch, aye)

Why? Why are you sucking up to the dead at? And why we're you sweating bullets in the wire? I was the one with the scum read on you. I was the one questioning you. Empire's gut might have been paranoid, but every time I brought up reasons why you were scum, he's the one who said your iso screamed town to him.

Some of your iso looks town, but when I think about who might have killed off empire at quite frankly kind of a weird time, I think that you're one of the ones to think I'm just too idiotic to realize when you're scum and could be manipulated and would leave me alive to the end.

Why did you back off from me today?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2007, Benmage wrote:
unvote

Why did you unvote?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 am

Post by Tammy »

Oh and I'm sorry to break this to you benmage, but you are far far far from the one responsible for lynching scum here. I mean I know you need to tell yourself that. But plans had already been out in motion to lynch one of two scum (or both image that!) without you saying a word. And for you to actually come in here and assay that we weren't doing anything is just disrespecting the other players who had actually given reasons why scum should be lynhced.

I mean I get it. Your ego needs it. In game after game you grab the credit for any scum lynch and dismiss everyone else, so you just need that. But it does look scummy. You did it in the wire. On day one when there had already been a case about your traitor that several people hd argued to get lynched for pages, you popped in later and called something they did fake and the next day patted yourself on the back as if the majority of the game did nothing. Then you bussed your partner after he was already up for a lynch and claimed the credit for that too. And the thing is I've seen you grab credit as town too so it's kinda null, but it's still really scummy and irritating.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 am

Post by Tammy »

Deasvail who would you have left alive here at the end?

Shadoweh you keep saying you would have killed me first. Why?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:21 am

Post by Tammy »

Dv - what did you think about nacho's read of benmage in his big read wall? How does it compare to the read he gave of shadoweh or ces?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:25 am

Post by Tammy »

Deasvail do you think that you would ever try the tactic of killing empire right after he gave you a townread and then talking about how empire would be yelling at us in the qt because that's hat happened in the wire?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 am

Post by Tammy »

Okay other than me being a bit crabby because I haven't slept yet and really need to, I'm actually leaning town on both Ben and deasvail at the moment. I'll get back to this after some sleep.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:38 am

Post by DeasVail »

I thought about it before and could see myself making similar kills to what's been done here. Empire in particular I'd maybe feel too self-conscious leaving as the last TET alive. Between you and Tierce though, I don't know. If I had to pick someone to leave alive right now I'd maybe say you based on the situation before today, but I'm not sure what I would have been thinking as scum. The Wire situation was much more clear cut.

PEdit: Regarding the nacho wall, I can't read much into the differences. Neither of them seem like something he wouldn't do to a buddy. The Benmage read there is fairly mild and I'm pretty sure he said I was 'town as fuck' and buddied me a bit in La-La Land. Maybe the Shadoweh read is too much buddying for a buddy, but I'm not going to assume that considering everything else there is.

I tend to kill people with townreads on me as scum, so I could see that happening. I'm not sure if I'd go for the person with the strongest townread on me, but as I said above, I'd probably feel self-conscious leaving him as the last alive. I think I said something similar in The Wire and I do try to act like I do as town when scum, so I could see myself doing that as scum. I'm town here though.

Actually thinking about it, it would be a pretty dick move to do if I was scum. Maybe I'd still do it though? I don't know Tammy.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:58 am

Post by Tammy »

Okay I'm having a little problem.

How likely is it that town has a VIG, tracker, roleblocker, and a vanilla cop against a mafia traitor and two goons. I mean the last goon would have to be roled right? Mi just feel like something off.

#yoso - you only sleep once.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:11 am

Post by DeasVail »

It'd be three goons (but you probably meant that). It doesn't look that bad to me like that considering vig and vanilla cop are X-shot, especially if scum have daytalk (which seems to be the usual for Faraday games?), but I'm not great at balance.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:08 am

Post by Benmage »

Uhmm town are scummy all the time.. therefore you can scumhunt town. Scumhunting is key as scum.... In the wire, I was such an effective scumhunter I caught my own traitor. Go me?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:23 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2012, Tammy wrote: Why did you back off from me today?
Your wahmbulance sounded genuine enough, thats the beauty of getting into a "shouting" match.. see if you take the blinders off you can read alignment (Its hard/ I'm good, as for taking credit sue me for not thinking everything should be a tie these days
*looking at you STILL Faraday*
... fucking Peyton manning wins a game with less than 15 minutes of offense. Instead of going "Ya well I'm the effing man"... its all the team was good the blocking the catching the yada yada team team coaching team....That is the modern mentality. All children tie. Then we grow up and wonder why we don't have a job and the economy sucks and everyone should be equal and everything should be free and a tie... because as kids we never appreciated competition/working hard to achieve things! (winning) Consider me an ancient fucking Greek. The Greeks turned everything into a competition. Killing the most people in battle/ Getting to the enemy lines first, dodging more enemy missiles... they didn't go it was the team derpherpderp. No they said FUCK did you see me I killed 30!! That guy over there only killed 29 see how awesome I am. The point is... It is okay to take credit for being good at things)

I think Shadoweh/DV will likely be the final scum more than you.

WAIT!!!! STOP THE PRESSES Does 2+2 still = 4?

In post 2013, Tammy wrote:
In post 2007, Benmage wrote:
unvote

Why did you unvote?
Why does it matter? You just love pointless questions aye? Lets see if I can tammy scumhunt.. Hrrm Dear Tammy, what is your favorite color? This is super important I'm being super cereal.

What are we even doing? Are we still attempting to scumhunt on page 81 of the game? Whats the points... there's enough information. At this point you've over thought it. There's nothing new to glean. What happened to your read through? What epiphany was found? Nothing? Awesome. So the next few posts in the next few days will be the deciding favor?? But eff the past 80 pages... ZZzzzz this day is boring... This doesn't have to be that complicated.

You know what I do when I'm at an impasse... Lynch and hope tomorrow sheds new light.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:04 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 6, Votecount 7

Shadoweh (1) - Tammy
Deasvail (1) - Llamarble
Benmage (1) - Deasvail

Not voting (2) :
Shadoweh, Benmage
  • With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of May at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-05-04 19:30:00)
  • NO ONE is V/la
Last edited by Faraday on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”