Mini 275: Subject Mafia - It's all over!

Jimmy the Rez
Jimmy the Rez
Townie
Jimmy the Rez
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:18 am

Post by Jimmy the Rez »

Playing against your own rules is a scum tell now? o_O
[/sarcasm]

(Has Miali
picked up
the prod?)

The exchange between TurboVolver and CropCirlces is noted, and I'd have to say that Turbo's case is not looking good right now.

I would vote, but I'm not one to push too close to a ninja-lynch.
Just know that my theoretical vote is sitting there, and if you keep digging the way you currently are, it will move.
King of the 40 thieves and I'm here to represent
The needle in the vein of the establishment
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:23 am

Post by Stewie »

Sotty7 wrote:
stewie wrote:Anyways, it's seven to lynch, yet nobody has three votes or more. Allow me to do the honours:
unovte, vote: Petroleumjelly
because we need to get the game moving somewhere.
Any real reason to this vote Stewie? Or is it simply as you said, just to get a bandwagon going?
No real reason, just to get the game going. Are you accusing me of having a hidden agenda? :wink:

I believe that's 4 votes for turbo... don't take my word for it though. Vote count?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by pablito »

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Man, I'm gonna have to re-read the whole exchange between turbo and cropcircles again. On my first read, they both have valid points, but I'll look for tells and holes in logic once I take a third-over.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:03 pm

Post by pablito »

Alright, I don't believe that Turbo has done anything negligibly scummy. Stupid yes - especially using FOS for a reason other than suspicion. Aggressive, also. But he's just spraying bullets everywhere trying to get some small hit - and then willing to jump on that fault once he finds that hit. I can tolerate that strategy for the first day when there is little else to go off of, but as I've said before, it can begin to become distracting and take away from other legitimate discussion. I hope that my interpretation is correct Turbo, otherwise feel free to correct me.

Or he's just covering himself very poorly.
Sup, later.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

cropcircles wrote:See, I'm not voting you because you attacked PJ. I was saying that the case against you is stronger then the case against PJ, thus you are a better place for my vote.
Well then that's fair enough. Half of the reason I was suspicious of you in my previous post was because of the way I thought you were subtly misrepresenting my case by making a disagreement seem vote-worthy. But I now see that your post can also be interpreted this way.
cropcircles wrote:Everything here is completely useless and pointless. I can read. I saw what you said. When people write nothing, but do it in a lot of words, it is a tell.
That's a tell because it allows scum to lurk while appearing not to lurk. Are you suggesting that I'm lurking? I'm the most active player in the thread!
cropcircles wrote:
Turbovolver wrote: I would think it scummy if somebody ignored every mention of their name, and only responded when they got a vote or an FOS.
Yeah, that's not really gonna catch you many scum.
Clarify this please?

Also, I'm not going to throw a bunch of quotes in here, but what exactly have I been repeating over and over? I looked back because I thought I had explained myself to Stewie and then again to Sotty7, but no I actually just told Sotty7 to re-read the thread as I'd already explained myself.

I didn't do a 100% thorough check though - do you care to point out where I have been doing this?

Lastly,
Turbovolver wrote:In my opinion a player is "over defensive" (in a scummy way, at least) when their defenses of their actions start to involve reaching, when they begin defending against things they haven't been accused of yet, or another I recently discovered is when they go on a campaign to defame their attacker(s) in any way possible.
cropcircles wrote:You're attacking your attacker. By your own definition, you're being over defensive. Real slick. :roll:
Attacking my attacker is nothing like defamation. And suggesting that it is wrong to attack your attacker is rubbish:

I am calling out things in your posts that I see as logic flaws. If I truly believe that you are using flawed logic to make your case, it is
natural
for me to attack you - it's the scum that have to make up their arguments and hence are far more likely to use flawed logic.

Unvote: petroleumjelly
Vote: cropcircles

I still don't feel as though his attacks on me are genuine. He removed some of my previous suspicion by explaining how I misunderstood the "case against PJ" thing, but then he put all the suspicion back on with the rest of his latest post.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

pablito wrote:Alright, I don't believe that Turbo has done anything negligibly scummy. Stupid yes - especially using FOS for a reason other than suspicion. Aggressive, also. But he's just spraying bullets everywhere trying to get some small hit - and then willing to jump on that fault once he finds that hit. I can tolerate that strategy for the first day when there is little else to go off of, but as I've said before, it can begin to become distracting and take away from other legitimate discussion. I hope that my interpretation is correct Turbo, otherwise feel free to correct me.
You pretty much summed it up. :D

In fact, because everybody else seems to hate my early game play and you are here understanding it all I'm tempted to think you are ingratiating yourself with a townie.

IGMEOY
:wink:
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

I do agree with Pablito that endless arguing between two players can get distracting... so I'll pose
A question to all players

What do you think of the statement "One of cropcircles and Turbovolver is scum"?
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:55 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

Turbovolver wrote:I do agree with Pablito that endless arguing between two players can get distracting... so I'll pose
A question to all players

What do you think of the statement "One of cropcircles and Turbovolver is scum"?
I Strongly disagree. You could both be townies.

I'm pretty sure cropcircles isn't scum because in my experience very few people go on the offensive like that when they're scum, expecially on day one. Turbovolver on the other hand has been on the defensive since his first post, so he hasn't put himself in this position on purpose. That makes it more possible that he's scum in my opinion. The chance of them both being scum on the other hand are close to zero unless this is a SK game.

As I see it the odds right now are something like this:

There's a 10% chance that Cropcircles is scum and Turbovolver is a townie.
There's a 5% chance that they're both scum.
There's a 35% chance that Turbovolver is scum and Cropcircles is a townie.
There's a 50% chance that they're both townies and have done an excellent job at distracting the town from looking for scum.

Either way there's a 100% chance that they're both idiots.

I think we just have to agree if we want to hear a claim from Turbovolver or move on.
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:30 pm

Post by cropcircles »

Claim.

I'm not responding to you anymore, Turbo. It's derailing the game, and obv scaring my reputation.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:37 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

All right. I don't necessarily agree with the percentages above, but I almost
never
like it when I hear such phrases as "One of these people is probably scum", "If one is scum, the other is probably scum", or "If it turns out X is telilng the truth, we lynch Y". I may just be paranoid of scum setting up double lynches, but I usually do not put very much weight into those types of statements, and I try to avoid them unless I genuinely feel it to be true.

Mostly in this case, I am not willing to say either of you are scummy. I have re-read your exchange a couple times, and both of you are coming off feeling clean to me. As such, that warrants an
Unvote: Turbovolver
. And what's this talk about claiming? S'far as I'm concerned, this game just started, and nobody is even close to being in danger of a lynch. Claims should only come as last resorts, unless they are very helpful to the town.

Although I will note that I have the feeling that Turbovolver was trying a little trap with his question he posed to the town. I am fairly sure that if anybody would have actually agreed to the statement "one of them is probably scum" would have come under heavy attack.

Really, I do not agree with such tactics, but I will admit that seems to be my slowest moving game here, and something needs to be done.

Doing so, then, I will
Vote: Pablito
. There may or not be actual reasoning behind this vote.

Note: There seems to have been a Post submitted before I submitted this. Is Turbo so close to a lynch that it is necessary to claim at this point?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:39 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Can we get Votecount, please?

And where is Miali? :?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:58 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

petroleumjelly wrote:Although I will note that I have the feeling that Turbovolver was trying a little trap with his question he posed to the town. I am fairly sure that if anybody would have actually agreed to the statement "one of them is probably scum" would have come under heavy attack.
It wasn't planned as a trap, but if someone started saying abosutely that one of us was scum I would certainly start to get less suspicious of cropcircles and more suspicious of whoever said it.

My motivation for posing the question was to see how the rest of the town stood with regard to "Me vs Cropcircles", and to involve them in the discussion. Here we have people saying that they think we are both pro-town, which I wasn't really expecting. This revelation has helped though... whether cropcircles is scum or not I shouldn't be pursuing him so hard if the rest of the town doesn't agree - that just causes a distraction like some people have said.

I will mention though that his "Just claim, I'm not willing to keep arguing" post set off my scumdar. It sounds like he is using the fact that the town thinks I am more suspicious than him as an excuse to avoid refuting my points against him, and to get a claim out of me.
petroleumjelly wrote:Is Turbo so close to a lynch that it is necessary to claim at this point?
No idea. I'll do an unofficial votecount.
Don Gaetano
Don Gaetano
Goon
Don Gaetano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:18 pm

Post by Don Gaetano »

I think Turbovolver only has 3 votes on him now that petroleumjelly unvoted, so I take that as a sign that we've decided to move on...

...What we're going to move on to, is a completely different question.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:24 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Unofficial Vote Count

Turbovolver (2) - cropcircles, Quailman

cropcircles (1) - Turbovolver
miali1020 (1) - Jimmy the Rez
pablito (1) - petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly (1) - Stewie
RangeroftheNorth (1) - Sineish
Sineish (1) - RangeroftheNorth

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch

---------------------------------------

I noticed Kenji orders the players by chronological order (at least I think that's what was going on), but I didn't set myself up for that before hand so I listed them by number of votes, then alphabetically.

Cropcircles was asking for me to claim with only 3 votes on me, though it was originally brought up by Don Gaetano and earlier in the thread Stewie gave a rough estimate of 4 votes on me. I don't know who to blame, if anyone, from those three so I'll leave that issue for the moment. :P

I'd like to hear more from RangeroftheNorth and Sineish - they haven't posted since random voting for each other. That sticks out more to me than not posting at all (miali1020).
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:55 am

Post by Kenji »

Offical Vote count:

Miali1020 - 1 (Jimmy the Rez)
RangeroftheNorth - 1 (Sineish)
Petroleumjelly - 1 ( Stewie)
Turbovolver - 4 (Sotty7, CropCirlces, Quailman)
Sineish - 1 (RangeroftheNorth)
CropCircles - 1 (Turbovolver,
Pablito - 1 (petroleumjelly)

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

I have proded miali, but it doesn't seem to have done anything... I will begin to look for a replacement. :(
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Kenji.png[/img]
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:20 am

Post by Turbovolver »

Kenji wrote:Offical Vote count:

Turbovolver - 4 (Sotty7, CropCirlces, Quailman)

I have proded miali, but it doesn't seem to have done anything... I will begin to look for a replacement. :(
Didn't sotty7 unvote me in post #40?
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:08 am

Post by cropcircles »

Don Gaetano wrote:I think Turbovolver only has 3 votes on him now that petroleumjelly unvoted, so I take that as a sign that we've decided to move on...

You know, you
do
have a say in the matter.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:37 am

Post by Quailman »

cropcircles wrote:
Don Gaetano wrote:I think Turbovolver only has 3 votes on him now that petroleumjelly unvoted, so I take that as a sign that we've decided to move on...

You know, you
do
have a say in the matter.
It's a sign that PetroleumJelly has decided to move on, period.

And which one of us has the double vote? I missed that. Or does Crop get one and Circles get another one? :wink:
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:48 am

Post by Kenji »

Gah.....

Turbovolver - 2 (CropCirlces, Quailman)

There we go... sorry about that... it was a test.... yeah.... thats it.... :oops:
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:32 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

I'm sorry for the limited posting here. Something came up that I wasn't expecting. I will be away/very limited this weekend, so I will probably post something on Monday.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:36 am

Post by Sotty7 »

It seems as if everybody is talking about how slow this game is, personally I don't agree. I've been in games a lot slower than this one.
Don Gaetano wrote: Either way there's a 100% chance that they're both idiots.
Well...this is a bit harsh. I don't think either of them are idiots and although I'm finding Turbo just a little abrasive. I'm inclined to believe neither of CropCircles or Turbo are scum for now. Basically because launching such high profile attacks on each other soon soon wouldn't be something I'd expect to see.

So what now?

Vote: Sineish

Miali1020 is being replaced and Ranger has explained why he hasn't been around. Time to do something about the final lurker and get him in here.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:31 am

Post by Quailman »

Sure. Why not.

unvote: Turbovolver; vote: Sineish
Kenji
Kenji
Goon
Kenji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:23 pm

Post by Kenji »

From this moment on, Miali1020 is being replaced with snowmonkey.
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:37 am

Post by cropcircles »

YAY REPLACEMENT!

What's up with this game? Turbo and I stop the back and forth banter, and suddenly nothing is happening? :?

*waits for Sineish or snowmonkey*
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:39 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Pretty much...

Welcome Snowmonkey!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”