, frozen to death Night 3
Feirei,
Ice Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 4
Lazurial,
Fire Mafia Goon
, endgamed

Flavor

There once was a far away place called Harmonia. There, a huge, lava filled volcano rose above the horizon on the west, always sending out smoke and hot magma. The people there were very devious and arrogant. To the east, a huge, icy mountain protruded from the ground, with a glistening peak. The mountain people were supposedly evil and intelligent. In the middle of the two opposing fortresses was a sleepy village that kept Harmonia in harmony. The members of this village were very kind to one another and lived a very democratic life, always having a say in how they ran the village. As time passed, the Volcano and Mountain people wanted to expand their empire to the opposite side of Harmonia. The Fire people wanted the Mountain and the Ice people wanted the Volcano. However, both groups knew they had to first take over the village in between. They each sent out two scouts to pretend to be villagers. Taking over the village and earning the middle ground was the key to winning control over Harmonia. And that is where our story begins…
Last edited by Elyse on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:09 am, edited 35 times in total.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Elyse »

Game Rules

Modified and stolen from TraceyLyn11

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines

• Votes must be bolded in one of two ways:
Vote: Elyse
or VOTE: Elyse. If they are not bolded, they will not be counted, and I will inform you of your error so you can correct it.
• Unvotes will help me out, so please try to do them when changing votes.
• Nicknames are allowed when voting so long as I can easily decipher whom you are referring to.
• In order for a lynch to occur, a majority of votes must be reached. A majority is one half of the living players plus one.
• No Lynches are allowed. The same voting rules apply to voting for a No Lynch (i.e. bolded, majority must be reached).
• Once a voting decision is made, and the final majority vote is placed, no amount of unvoting will prevent this action from occurring – even if I am not online at the time of the final vote.
• If a majority is not reached by deadline, there will be a no lynch.
• The deadline for the first game day is three weeks long. The following day will be two weeks long, as will the remainder of the day phases. Deadline extensions will not exceed five days.
• Once a lynch has been made, the game enters twilight. All players who were alive before the lynch (including the newly lynched player) may continue posting until I am available to lock the thread and post the lynch scene.
• Once you die, you are no longer allowed to post until end-game (excluding the scenario above).
• “Bah” posts are not allowed. Once you’re dead, you’re dead.
• Nights will last three days. They will not be cut short even if all actions are submitted.
• Night actions may be submitted via QuickTopic (if you have one) or PM. If you do not wish to submit an action, let me know by saying, “No Action.”
• If an action is not submitted by night’s deadline, it will be taken as a No Action.

Prods, Replacements, and Modkills

• Prods will be issued via PM.
• Prods will be sent after a player has not posted in game for approximately forty-eight hours (unless you have notified me that you will be V/LA).
• Saturday and Sunday will count as a 24-hour period.
• If there is not a response to the prod in approximately forty-eight hours, I will begin searching for a replacement. If you respond before I find a replacement, you are allowed to continue playing.
• Once a player receives three prods, I will begin searching for a replacement. Even if they return before I find a replacement, they will not get another chance to continue playing.
• Please post in the thread if you are going on V/LA or are requesting replacement. This will notify both me and the other players.
• If you break any of these rules, I reserve the right to replace or modkill you.
• If you are modkilled for breaking one of these rules, the day will not end, and you will be turned into a neutral survivor so you will not win with your faction.
• If I make an error that could break the game, I reserve the right to replace or modkill you. If it is an error on my part, you and your faction will not be punished.

General

• The Mafia Scum Rules apply in this game, as well as my own. If any of them contradict, please feel free to notify me.
• Under no circumstances are you allowed to contact a player within this game while this game is ongoing, unless your Role PM states otherwise.
• Quoting anything from me (including Role PM’s) that is said outside of this game thread is prohibited. Pretending to quote something is prohibited, as well. Paraphrasing is allowed.
• Bold all requests to me, so it is less likely for me to miss them. If the topic you wish to discuss is personal or has to do with a serious mod error (one that could break the game), please address me via PM.
• Editing or deleting posts is not allowed.
• Do not use ridiculously small, invisible, or encrypted text.
This pinkish purplish color is my color. Don’t use it.

• I will try to provide a vote count every day, and if I am online, at the top of the page.
• As the moderator of this game, I reserve the right to change, add, or remove any of these rules at any time. I also reserve the right to replace or modkill any offenders, with or without a warning.
Last edited by Elyse on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Elyse »

Fire and Ice Mechanics

Two Fire Mafia Goons

Two Ice Mafia Goons

One Town Doctor

Eight Vanilla Townies

• Daystart
• The nightkill of the Fire and Ice Mafias will fail if both groups target the same person.
• The mafia groups are not nightkill immune

If you have any additional questions, here is a link to the wiki page for this setup.

Role PMs
Welcome to
Open 522:
Fire
&
Ice
Mafia
, [Player A]. You are a
Fire Mafia Goon
, along with your partner, [Player B].

Abilities:

Factional communication:
During the night phase you may talk with your partner here. {QT link}
Factional kill:
Each night phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill.

Win condition:

You win when the other mafia team is eliminated and you control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm that you have read and understood your role PM by PMing me your role name.
Welcome to
Open 522:
Fire
&
Ice
Mafia
, [Player X]. You are an
Ice Mafia Goon
, along with your partner, [Player Y].

Abilities:

Factional communication:
During the night phase you may talk with your partner here. {QT link}
Factional kill:
Each night phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill.

Win condition:

You win when the other mafia team is eliminated and you control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm that you have read and understood your role PM by PMing me your role name.
Welcome to
Open 522:
Fire
&
Ice
Mafia
, [Player], you are a
Town Doctor

Abilities:

Each night phase, you may protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

The game thread is here.

Welcome to
Open 522:
Fire
&
Ice
Mafia
, [Player], you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

The game thread is here.

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by Elyse »

All role PMs have been sent out! The game will start when 11/13 players have confirmed!

11 players have confirmed! If TheGreatOne and Cin0G do not post in the thread within 48 hours, they will be replaced.

The sun rose from behind the huge mountain to the east, and one by one, the villagers began to wake up from their sleep. Each morning, the ten villagers would meet in the town square to talk about what they would do that day, and how it would be accomplished. Suddenly, one of the villagers, a boy, screamed. Everyone rushed outside to where the screams were coming from. Behind one of the houses, a beautiful girl lay dead, with a singed, still flaming shirt and a frozen, steaming leg. Her skin was charred on the upper half of her body and green on the lower half.
“It’s them!” cried one villager, “The Fire and Ice people are coming for us!” The scared villagers met in front of the town square, and thirteen villagers appeared.
“There’s only supposed to be nine of us with Elyse gone!” cried one of them. Everyone looked around, but no one could tell whom the four new, possibly hostile villagers were. Strange, huh? You would think they could tell four strangers from a crowd of people you live with, but these villagers did sleep a lot…and didn’t have the best memory.
“Let’s have a vote everyday of who we should kill so we save ourselves from the intruders,” one villager suggested. Everyone seemed good with the plan, and they began to discuss who the first lynch target would be…

Elyse
was killed Night 0. She was a
Beautiful Goddess

Votecount 1.00Not Voting - thenewearth, 1baldeagle1, A Simple Plan, StubbsKVM, Cin0G, Klick, Smoker, Paschendale, TheGreatOne, Lazurial, fuzzybutternut, Bert, StupendousMan

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2013-09-08 12:00:00)

Interesting Fact #1: Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.

Let the games begin!
Last edited by Elyse on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:49 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Klick
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Phone post. In class. Hey all!
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:54 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

DANGIT, I WANTED FIRST POST.

I MUST KILL THE PERSON WITH THE FIRST POST!

You can find my meta on my wiki.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:54 am

Post by StupendousMan »

Smoker
Smoker
Goon
Smoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:55 am

Post by Smoker »

In response to OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8

Also, VOTE: Klick
Smoker
Smoker
Goon
Smoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:58 am

Post by Smoker »

Okay, UNVOTE: Klick

VOTE: ASPVOTE:
Smoker
Smoker
Goon
Smoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:58 am

Post by Smoker »

Ahh shit,

VOTE: ASP
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Klick »

Fun fact: I've never been town in a completed game of this setup. I think I've been in this setup... either three or four times.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:13 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 11, Klick wrote:Fun fact: I've never been town in a completed game of this setup. I think I've been in this setup... either three or four times.
Are you like, breadcrumming or something? I think I know what that means, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, this is my first game outside of Newbie Games, so I figured Open games were the second easiest games to play. Fire and Ice looks like a interesting and fun setup. I look forward to playing with all of you! :)
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

VOTE: Bert

Nachopappa?
Check out my wiki for my mafia statistics.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Bert »

Vote: Stubbs

Yes, Nachopappa
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:43 am

Post by Klick »

In post 12, 1baldeagle1 wrote:
In post 11, Klick wrote:Fun fact: I've never been town in a completed game of this setup. I think I've been in this setup... either three or four times.
Are you like, breadcrumming or something? I think I know what that means, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, I'm breadcrumbing town. :P I guess I could see how you could get that from my post.

However, if I was breadcrumbing a power role, why would you feel the need to point it out? That would paint a nightkill target on someone you suspect to be important to the town.

VOTE: 1baldeagle1
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Lazurial »

Vote: Smoker
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:58 am

Post by StupendousMan »

Why did this thought pop into your head? Did you notice it because you've drawn scum again?
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:06 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 15, Klick wrote:
In post 12, 1baldeagle1 wrote:
Yes, I'm breadcrumbing town. :P I guess I could see how you could get that from my post.

However, if I was breadcrumbing a power role, why would you feel the need to point it out? That would paint a nightkill target on someone you suspect to be important to the town.

Ah, okay, I didn't really know what breadcrumbing was, but your post sounded like you were breadcrumbing and I wanted to clarify.

I'll agree with you that you shouldn't breadcrumbing a PR, then you are most likely a night target.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Klick »

In post 17, StupendousMan wrote:
Why did this thought pop into your head? Did you notice it because you've drawn scum again?
On the contrary, it popped into my head because I'm used to playing as scum in this setup, and now I'm going to have to scumhunt differently.

I can link to some of my previous experiences in this setup when I'm at a computer. One may interest some, as I managed to make it to the end of the game with my partner being the first Mafia lynched.
StupendousMan
StupendousMan
Goon
StupendousMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:02 am

Post by StupendousMan »

@Smoker- Why did you switch your vote so quickly? Were you afraid of receiving pressure for putting Klick at L-3?
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:51 am

Post by Paschendale »

I don't like Klick's comments about past games here. It looks like either a preemptive attempt to claim town, or just adding WIFOM to the game. Both of those are scummy things to do. I don't like the self vote, either.

Smoker's sudden switch is pretty fishy.

I also don't like anyone who voted without offering even a single reason. Yes, this is RVS, but RVS is useful because no vote is truly random.

Of all these things, Klick's actually looks genuinely suspicious.

Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Bert »

In post 12, 1baldeagle1 wrote: Are you like, breadcrumming or something? I think I know what that means, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, this is my first game outside of Newbie Games, so I figured Open games were the second easiest games to play. Fire and Ice looks like a interesting and fun setup. I look forward to playing with all of you! :)
Wow, you sound so excited it sounds fake.

Asking Klick if he's breadcrumbing on page 1?

1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:56 am

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 22, Bert wrote:
In post 12, 1baldeagle1 wrote: Are you like, breadcrumming or something? I think I know what that means, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow, you sound so excited it sounds fake.

Asking Klick if he's breadcrumbing on page 1?

You can call it fake, but I like to introduce myself sometimes when playing games.

I didn't really know what breadcrumbing was, so I wanted to clarify that so I didn't misinterpret it.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Paschendale »

Lazuriel's vote with no comment and Smoker's switching, again with no comment, would be my next candidates.

Return to “Completed Open Games”