Big Brother: HoH Mafia (We have a winner at last)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Big Brother: HoH Mafia (We have a winner at last)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

The in-house crowd cheers as the camera pans around and in to show Julie Chen standing near a large screen, smiling pleasantly for the viewers watching at home.

"Welcome, everyone, to another exciting season of Big Brother!" She greets them. "The hottest show of the summer is about to kick off as all the houseguests are settling into the Big Brother Mansion. But they won't have all the time in the world to rest, as a new game-wide twist is about to be kicked off."

Turning to the screen as it shows various views of the new guests settling in and chatting, Julie announces, "Houseguests! Please gather in the main lobby for a big announcement."

One by one, the fourteen guests filter into the room and settle down in their seats, looking up expectantly at the screen in front of them as Julie's head soon appears on-screen.

"Houseguests," she begins. "Big Brother is not a game without sizzling twists and exciting turns, and this year is no different. However, as you are aware, we have decided on a new format for the season.

"This year's huge twist is that you all can choose the new Head of Household." Shocked and excited murmurs ripple along those sitting as they begin to process this information. "The rules for eviction will remain the same, but now you all have a choice toward who gets to be the HoH.

"Furthermore, the game will be played...a little differently. Four houseguests have been given special gifts that will separate them from the rest. The job for the rest of you is to eliminate those four. Do that successfully, and victory will be yours. Fail, and those four will all get the prize, even if only one remains. Do you all understand?"

Murmurs arise from the houseguests at this news as more than one suspicious glance is turn toward each other, but they all grunt or voice their agreement.

"Excellent," Julie beams at them. "Welcome to Big Brother!"

The camera pans away from the guests as they begin to move about and comes back to Julie in the studio. "The houseguests now know the stakes at hand, and the new way they can vie for the highest position in the house. But who will come out on top in this game? Stay tuned and find out!"

The crowd applauds as the camera pans out and darkens for the next commercial break.

Spoiler: Playing in the Mansion
4. Minions (Hydra)

9. blackberry
F-16 Fighting Falcon

Spoiler: Evicted from the house
Jake from Rainbow Dash,
Vanilla Townie
, forcibly evicted D1.
Gnomeo,
Mafia Goon
, evicted N1.
IceGuy,
Mafia Goon
, evicted N2.
Imperium,
Vanilla Townie,
, Forcibly evicted D3
Toastytoast,
Vanilla Townie,
, evicted N3.
RachMarie,
Vanilla Townie,
, evicted N4.
Bulbazak,
Mafia Goon
, evicted N5.
Keybladewielder,
Vanilla Townie
, evicted N6.
Desperado,
Vanilla Townie
, evicted N7.
Titus,
Vanilla Townie
, evicted N8.
BBmolla,
Vanilla Townie
, Evicted N9.
Toogeloo,
Vanilla Townie
, Evicted N10.

Extra Players:

1. Cephrir

Spoiler: Rules (Stolen from Rhinox with modifications who stole from Faraday with some modifications who stole them from Hoopla with some modifications):
> Fundamental

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.

2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM.

4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil. If you cross 'the line' I'll step in. Said line will be judged by me.

> Voting, Lynching & Death

5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: Voidedmafia
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. The vote tags are also appropriate for voting.

5a) Broken tags won't count. Mispellings or shortened names are ok as long as it is clear who you are voting. If I can't tell who you're voting, it won't count.

5c) VOTES AND UNVOTES MUST BE ON A COMPLETELY SEPARATE LINE FROM ANY OTHER TEXT! Any votes that are NOT on a separate line WILL NOT BE COUNTED EVER, and I will NOT be flexible on this. You either have it on it's own line, or suck it up.

6) Unvotes aren't necessary before placing a new vote. However, unvotes are necessary if you want to completely remove your vote. Please bold your unvotes or use the unvote tags. It is not necessary to name the player you are unvoting, except in instances where you may have more than one vote, such as Double Day Unlimited or a Double-Vote-themed game.

7) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes - a majority (for example, if there's 5 people left, there needs to be 3 votes to lynch someone; if there's 4 left, there still needs to be 3). When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
9) Once you're dead, you are dead. You are allowed one more post WITHOUT information in it. Something like saying "Darn, I was NKed!" is fine.

> Activity & Deadlines

10) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
11) Prods will be issued after 48 hours in a row without posting. If I keep having to prod you (up to 3-4 times) I'll get angry and replace you. Players may request a prod on another player too if they haven't posted within 48 hours. I'm human and I may forget so if you want someone prodded just tell me.

11a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I will begin looking for a replacement.
12) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread (and
in bold
) for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you.
16) Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that, laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.

> Other Information

17)
These are my colours and font I will use for modly purposes. All other colors except that used by my co-mod (if there is one) are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself, just don't post a rainbow.

18) I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. Hopefully once a page on the top of every page. If you feel a vote count is needed, don't hesitate to ask for one, and I'll provide one at the next opportunity.

19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will end your existence. Yes that means modkill.

20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know ASAP.

21) No cryptography, not even for injokes. Do it once, and you'll get an in-thread warning. Do it twice, and it's instant mod-killing.

22)
IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING I NEED TO SEE (V/LAs, VC or replacement requests), BOLD IT!

23) For Hydras: I expect you to post in your hydra account AT ALL POSSIBLE TIMES. I understand that there will be slip-ups and you'll post outside of it, but I expect that such instances to be EBWOP'ed into the hydra ASAP. If one side of a hydra posts outside of the hydra for a sufficient amount of posts/time without any prior reasoning, that head will be force-replaced without question (and possibly without warning if it's bad enough).

24) (This is for replacements)
IF YOU ARE REPLACING SOMEONE, DO NOT POST IN THREAD UNTIL I HAVE RECIEVED YOUR CONFIRMATION PM AND HAVE CONFIRMED IN-THREAD THAT YOU HAVE REPLACED IN!
This will not only cut down on any potential confusion, but will also help me keep things running smoothly.

25) Have fun!

Rules Specific to Big Brother Mafia

1.) Votes in this game go toward
electing a Head of Household, not lynching a player. You may not vote for yourself, and self-votes will not be counted.

2.) There will be majority lynch in this game at deadline, as there must be an HoH each night.
3.) once the HoH has been selected, night begins. The new HoH has 48 hours to send me two people to be put on the chopping block for eviction. If they cannot decide, I will choose them at random.
4.) Once the two people have been selected, all players have 72 hours to choose who they would like to evict. This is done privately via PMs. Note that the two up for eviction are not eligible to choose.
5.) I will announce the margin in-thread. If there is a tie, the acting HoH must be the tiebreaker. Once an eviction is settled, I will reveal their flip and the next day will begin.
6.) Scum can talk at all times during the 5-day period of "night" (during chopping block selection and eviction voting).
Sample VT Role PM wrote:
Welcome to the Big Brother Household!

Throughout your stay, you will be given a vote to use each day. Use it wisely to decide who should become the next Head of House. During the night you can also help decide who should be evicted from the House, provided you are not up for eviction yourself.

You win when all the mafia have been eliminated from the game.

If you have read and understood your role, please confirm by PM by re-stating your alignment and role name.

If you are replacing in, read Rule 24 as well.

Thread is here
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 29 times in total.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Role PMs are going out now. The game will begin when 12/14 have confirmed. Players have (expired on 2013-08-24 13:59:27) to confirm.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

All have confirmed, so the game may begin!

Votecount 1.00:

Not Voting - Imperium, keybladewielder, Titus, Minions, Gnomeo, Bulbazak, BBmolla, peacebringer, blackberry, Jake from Rainbow Dash, ToastyToast, RachMarie, Toogeloo, Desperado

With 14 alive it takes 8 to elect an HoH.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-09-05 12:03:01) or by 11:00 AM on September 5th, 2013

Minions
Minions
Goon
Minions
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Minions »

Banana!!!!!

vote gnomeo

Our film is better than yours...

~ Jerry
Minions
Minions
Goon
Minions
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:19 am

Post by Minions »

Oh wait, the votes in these are kingmaker votes,

Meh, have the vote anyway fellow animated little person...

~ Jerry
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Titus »

This is an interesting twist. I propose having two votes. The official vote for HoH and pressure votes to indicate who the house thinks is scummy.

VOTE: Minions

Pressure vote: Gnomeo
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:50 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Titus, those are known as FoS.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:54 am

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Toasty

Reliable player.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Blackberry »

So basically:

We're a group of 14.
Four of us are in an "Alliance" (the mafia).

How I picture this playing out:

All votes for eviction will be private. I propose the next day everyone reveals who they voted for. Everyone must reveal. If there is a discrepancy we will then know Mafia has to do with the discrepancy. Everyone outing their votes will force mafia to WIFOM themselves as to whether to vote together or split their votes, etc. Although I don't know how useful this will be and/or what powers the Mafia may have up their sleeves?

I have a question for the mod. I will ask in private and may or may not reveal publicly depending on the answer.

I also have a proposal for HoH: If the HoH's evicted nominee flips Mafia, we will renominate that HoH as a reward. If the HoH's evicted nominee flips Town, we will select a new HoH. This will pressure the mafia to bus themselves. I think we should use this as a 'standard rule' for the beginning of the game (unless other information comes up).

Also, I really like Titus' proposal.

VOTE: Toasty
for now.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:24 am

Post by Bulbazak »

@Minions: Why do you not care who you are nominating for HoH? That's something awfully important that you're being so nonchalant about.

@Everyone: Why should we vote you to be HoH?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Jake from Rainbowdash
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Jake from Rainbowdash »

Sup
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Blackberry »

I don't know if I want to be HoH *YET* - I feel like it would be hard to gauge who is actually mafia simply by who people are voting to nominate AS HoH (quite frankly, I am weighing heavily my HoH proposal in my decision, and I don't want to nominate wrong and then not be considered for HoH later in the future if I strongly feel I want it). And although I do realize if I ask not to be HoH, that will increase the chances of Mafia getting HoH, as I said, I am heavily relying on my HoH proposal to influence mafia that if they get HoH then they should BUS their partners, because if they don't, then they will NEVER get HoH again (per the proposal). Which makes me OK with asking not to be HoH.

Actually - I also propose that whoever we do nominate as HoH, REVEALS who they will nominate before we go to night. That way if they have anything important or significant to discuss that they can do so. That way we don't mindlessly blindside a Cop or something without giving that person a chance to share/claim.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Titus »

I don't think the player who gets HoH one day should NEVER get it again. Instead, they should just not get it next week. If the players they nominated were both acting really scummy and the group had consensus, we shouldn't exclude the player from being HoH. That would still cause the mafia to need to bus to get HoH. HoH should announce who they are nominating as well if they pick up a lot of HoH votes.

That being said, I do like the idea of everyone revealing who they voted to evict. It puts everyone on the spot to make decisions between scummy and townie.

Why are people voting for Toasty for HoH?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:54 am

Post by BBmolla »

Don't vote me HoH until I find scum
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:54 am

Post by BBmolla »

Blackberry is probably town, everybody who has posted so far is probably town.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Blackberry »

I did not say people who get HOH should never get it again. My proposal is that if who they evicted flips townie, they get penalized from being nommed again. If the person they evicted flips mafia, they will automatically get renommed as HoH as a reward. It's a reward system and it quite frankly has a direct impact on the people who DO know alignments: MAFIA, COP (if they have guilities).
Jake from Rainbowdash
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:01 am

dashie was basically saying the same thing in our QT. nominate someone we trust and out who we evict at the start of the next day.

that being said, I don't trust toasty so I won't vote to nominate him.

Also dashie wants me to post this on her behalf because she can't access MS from work so during the day it will probably be Jake posting (I know you are all excited)
Who we elect from HoH has to be somepony who we know is going to follow the wants of putting up for lynch who we actually thought was scum. The ones we don't want for HoH are the ones who disagree with the popular opinion, show a tendancy to try to take things into their own hooves, etc.

The HoH is not a primary concern and really is more likely to distract from the bigger picture, who is scum. We figure who we want lynch, LET THEM CLAIM, and then move forward with electing a HoH putting them up if the want for a lynch is still there. Before we elect a HoH we should have made it crystal clear who each of us is going to vote for. There should be absolutely zero surprises in this ever, and we claim who we voted for instantly the next day.

Deviating from putting up certain players or changing your vote is basically grounds for being lynched because the more we break from what is best the better scums chances are going to be of getting away with something we would otherwise catch.

I use this setup a lot but think Hard Boiled. If town plays correct (chooses tracker, hider claims) its almost a broken setup and im not sure of a run town has lost taking that path. If town decides to not play optimally they tend to lose.

Play optimally. I wont have much patience for those who are trying to "have fun" by hurting my chances to win this.

Also I want KBW up for policy lynch.
Jake from Rainbowdash
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:02 am

personally I would only vote rach for hoh, I trust her more than anyone else in this game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Titus »

@Blackberry - Agreed. I thought your punishment for nominating a town who gets evicted would mean NEVER getting HoH again. That's the main disagreement.

@Jake from RainbowDash - I'm not so sure. Going against popular opinion might be a cop with a guilty on a convincing town leader. We should make sure the HoH's are smart town and let the game proceed from here.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Jake from Rainbowdash
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:04 am

yay I get to play the middle man. I relayed your comments and will get back to you lol
Jake from Rainbowdash
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Jake from Rainbowdash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 am

In post 18, Titus wrote:@Jake from RainbowDash - I'm not so sure. Going against popular opinion might be a cop with a guilty on a convincing town leader. We should make sure the HoH's are smart town and let the game proceed from here.
If we start doing that type of thing whats to stop scum from saying "Yeah I know you said put up A and B, but nominate C and D". Players who do that are exactly what will lose us the game because when that happens there is ZERO discussion on the lynch. Read the rules.

If you have a role result you claim it like normal, even for that matter lets say we want A (town) and B (scum) up for lynch. What the difference between town cop HoH putting up A and C (their guilty) and scum putting up A (town) and C (town) because they "had a strong scum read on C" or "thought B was town"?

Nothing.

If you have a guilty you breadcrumb it or claim it. We don't start playing in a way that lets scum get away with stuff.
oh and also titus is scum guranteed.

-J
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Titus »

Disagreeing with you does not make me scum. Sorry. That's a faulty reason for suggesting I am scum. We want HoH's who are right. Scum can manipulate popular opinion. They cannot manipulate the truth. I'll always vote for the smart townie for HoH over the popular townie.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm not really a fan of the fact that multiple people are trying to lead us right away on page 1. I think most of what's been said about how to play should be fairly common knowledge, and unfortunately with everyone coming in trying to direct us, it took away my chance to read town players who weren't paying attention. I find it more likely for Mafia to want to be leaders in this particular game btw.

The problem with voting with FoS's is that they aren't actually pressure votes. No one really gives two fucks about being FoS'd. And since it's ultimately on the HoH to choose people for lynching, how do we constrain discussion to just two members for the HoH to put up, but also pressure other players for discussion, tells, and connections?

Minions is the only player I think might be town at this moment.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:00 am

Post by Titus »

That is a problem I saw right away. That's why I suggested the alternative pressure voting.

If a lot of players voted to pressure someone and that player was NOT put up for eviction, we'd want to know why. If a player did NOT vote to evict someone they were FoSing we'd want to know why.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Minions
Minions
Goon
Minions
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Minions »

Toog is spot on on his points. Maybe the pressure votes as such can be used in a way that for today the HoH doesn't get a choice of the two to put up but we do. There's no way to pressure unless there's some kind of down fall. We don't get association tells etc if we aren't getting pressure etc on people.

So if we were to go with this pressure votes we could do a we each get a vote or two? Maybe weighted? And the top 2 in our 'pressure' votes are who the HoH decides today?

~ Kevin

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”