Mini 304: This is NOT Any Kind of Mafia (Mod Abandoned)

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:45 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

no people who dont random vote because they dont feel like they have enough information to vote.

people who are voting for them self is just calling your self scummy.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by Drummer »

Yosarian wrote:Clarification: when you say "being a dumbass", do you mean "voting for raj", or is there something else I missed?
I was drinking something when I read this. Luckily I didn't fry my computer when I burst into laughter.

As for the self-vote issue...yeah, it did start conversation, which was the obvious goal of cropcircles. However, I think it's more of what you'd call a weird sense of humor, not necessarily a declaration of self-scummedness. I do not feel that the self-votes are really all that against the idea of mafia...unless, of course, the player is still voting him/herself when the lynch comes about. That would be plain annoying.
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:22 pm

Post by cropcircles »

WTF? Since when are random votes based on information?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:07 pm

Post by Tamuz »

You don't know how many people are caught in their 'random' votes in Newbies.
I've do it, LML has done it... I believe it is more often scum don't vote so to not keep benchmarks. Now this doesn't justify self-voting... it also doesn't leave a benchmark. But neither are your actions justified by your explanations Raj.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
ryanjunk
ryanjunk
Goon
ryanjunk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:04 am

Post by ryanjunk »

Self-voting, random-voting, OMGUS-voting... all just here to tap the beehive and see what comes swarming out. This time around, raj flew out. This will be noted, but I'm not sure it means much. Minor FoS for raj and a teeny-tiny FoS to cropcircles for being a bit unorthodox. Then again, it's usually in the nature of scum to try and stay
away
from controversy, so it's a wash.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:56 am

Post by VitaminR »

Raj, self-votes provoke reactions. Random votes don't. Players who start Day 1 with a purely random vote escape suspicion. The discussion is started by deviations from the random voting. The deviations betray the characteristics of the individual. I'd rather have some self-vote because it is unorthodox than everyone random vote, hoping discussion will somehow pop up.
cropcircles
cropcircles
Goon
cropcircles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:42 am

Post by cropcircles »

Unvote, Vote No-Lynch

How's that for unorthodox? 8)
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:40 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

i cant take it any more.

kill: crop

kill: VitaminR

kill: Tamuz

crop are you back on to uselessness?

and good WIFOM ryan. but its not goning to save me.
Show

raj's to do list:

Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:41 am

Post by Drummer »

Careful with hostility, unless it's an April Fools joke. I haven't even considered voting for you yet, so I don't see you as being in much danger.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:20 am

Post by Bacde »

Bah, this game will continually elude me with its changing names >_<

Based on page 5 only, I have to agree with VitaminR. I prefer it when people try to spark discussions, as opposed to evenly spreading random votes.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:24 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Drummer wrote:Careful with hostility, unless it's an April Fools joke. I haven't even considered voting for you yet, so I don't see you as being in much danger.

of course its APRILS FOOLS!!!
Show

raj's to do list:

Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:27 pm

Post by Tamuz »

ryanjunk wrote:Self-voting, random-voting, OMGUS-voting... all just here to tap the beehive and see what comes swarming out. This time around, raj flew out. This will be noted, but I'm not sure it means much. Minor FoS for raj and a teeny-tiny FoS to cropcircles for being a bit unorthodox. Then again, it's usually in the nature of scum to try and stay
away
Minor FoS? What the 'ell yo playin' at anyway. Your eggshelling makes me want to unvote raj and vote you, so yep I'mma do that.

unvote:overreactionraj vote: ryanjunk
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:38 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

ryanjunk wrote:Minor FoS for raj and a teeny-tiny FoS to cropcircles for being a bit unorthodox. Then again, it's usually in the nature of scum to try and stay
away
Stay away from controversy? What, you mean like half-fos-ing people and not have the spine to bold it? Image
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Not just that, but only FOS'ing, if you may even call it that, the two under the most heat.
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:27 pm

Post by Drummer »

*Looks at post 110*

So raj, you're basically saying that we're not going anywhere with this?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Good point. There's absolutly no reason to be throwing around "teeny tine FOS's" on page 5 of day 1. Almost anything worth mentioning is worth a vote, unless you've already got a vote on someone who's even more suspicious.

unvote:raj

vote:ryanjunk

Still a little suspicious of raj, his early votes don't seem to make a lot of sense, but I think ryan's uber-cautious actions are more suspicious. I can't tell if ryan is trying to defend raj but fos him at the same time, or if he's trying to help raj's bandwagon along without being on it, or if he's just trying to say something without saying anything so as to not look like a lurker. No matter which one it is, though, it's suspicious.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:38 pm

Post by Tamuz »

You scare me Yos... I think you should be able to read me like a book, seeing as we think the same, and I've done the same with you in EE mafia :(
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:41 pm

Post by Drummer »

Right now...I am assessing cropcircles. I know I wasn't too worried about his self-vote. But now he's going out of his way to be weird. Not sure which way to call it.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:42 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Hey, you changed your sig because of me Drummer. I'm touched.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:00 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Drummer:
Figured out what I don’t like about [65]. You seem to be trying to subtly force someone else to put a vote onto cropcircles. All the while hedging yourself in [70]: voting him to put yourself early onto his bandwagon, with your exact reasoning noncommittal. This seems to be your play- subtly pushing bandwagons without committing yourself to anything. I don’t like it.
Vote: Drummer

And “I do not feel that the self-votes are really all that against the idea of mafia”? The idea of mafia is to kill people of the opposite alignment. A player voting for themself is quite clearly not adhering to that.

VitaminR and cropcircles:
A random vote might tell little, but it does tell something. A selfvote has no value, since the player is obviously not truly valuing the vote (ie: they do not intend to lynch themselves). A random vote may or may not spark discussion, but if so, it will be based on content relevant to the game. The discussion sparked from the selfvote is based on metagame principles. I most *strongly* disagree with selfvoting. I have already explained why I am making an exception in this specific instance.

Jecht:
JechtMurray [112] wrote:<snip>Stay away from controversy? What, you mean like half-fos-ing people and not have the spine to bold it? Image
Your accusation is rather ironic; you only thing you post there is something the person right above you just said, only weaker.

Adele:
Adele [93] wrote:<snip>No, not really. I've just seen selfvotes several times - both in place of a random vote and in a petulant fit when subject of a bandwagon - and I see them as intrinsically anti-town behaviour (much like lying or lurking). And I'm acting from that perspective from here on in, no exceptions.<snip>
Again, in general, I don’t disagree. And, I mean, it’s not like you didn’t give a warning. I just wanted to better understand the vehemence.

rajrhcpfreak:
You know, I actually understand your point. But as much as I’d agree with metagaming selfvoting, I’d much rather metagame poor sportsmanship. So, reading [94], I’m not really feeling like posting the defense I typed up for you. Maybe later.
micigante
micigante
Goon
micigante
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:41 pm

Post by micigante »

EmpTyger wrote: rajrhcpfreak:
You know, I actually understand your point. But as much as I’d agree with metagaming selfvoting, I’d much rather metagame poor sportsmanship. So, reading [94], I’m not really feeling like posting the defense I typed up for you. Maybe later.
I really would like to see that defence...
I still don’t understand why Raj voted vitamin and not crop. If somebody does something that you find scummy (crop), you should vote for him, not for somebody else. If Rajrhcpfreak really did it only because he didn’t want to lynch crop two games in a row, than he gives me the impression of a scum that is looking for somebody to accuse, no matter who he is or what he did.
Lazio-o-o sul prato verde vola-a-a! lazio-o-o tu non sarai mai solaaaaa!!
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:48 am

Post by Drummer »

EmpTyger wrote:And “I do not feel that the self-votes are really all that against the idea of mafia”? The idea of mafia is to kill people of the opposite alignment. A player voting for themself is quite clearly not adhering to that.
Bull honkey. I won't repeat myself. Read the rest of that post of mine that you quoted and you'll figure it out for yourself. That's not the meaning of my post
at all
. And it's rather obvious if you simply read the next line. I don't believe that you are stupid, so that leads me to think that you must be setting your sights on any certain player(me in this case) and trying to use any weak argument. That's mafia behavior.
FOS:EmpTyger
Drummer
Drummer
Goon
Drummer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:53 am

Post by Drummer »

Sorry, forgot to answer that first part of 119. EmpTyger, if you'll read it *carefully*, you may notice that I'm just being my old moronic self. I like to joke around and be an idiot. Both of those posts were almost pointless, simply filling space since nobody but a few players were talking. There is such a thing as reading into things to much, even in mafia.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:25 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

EmpTyger wrote:rajrhcpfreak:
point taken.
i over reacted there.

but i am sticking to the Tamuz vote. hes telling me who i should vote for. crop is doing a useless thing agian two games in a row and vitr is helping him do so. so if i choose to vote vitr then its my choice. personally i could go for either of thier lynches but i pefer not to be an ass to a player two games in a row and since crop did it last game and was good i went with vitr.
Show

raj's to do list:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:19 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

A vote count is not here.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”