Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Marketplace Mafia III - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:05 am

Post by Magua »

"Smithers!" was roared down the hallway. I had already sprinted to the CEO's door before the final echoes had faded away against the shag carpeting.

"Yessir?"

"Smithers, take a look at this efficiency report I just had IT draw up!" The CEO of Mall Enterprises Conglomerated (Almagamted), Ltd. brandished a sheaf of pie charts and bar graphs at me. The colors had been specially selected, at his request, to induce epilepsy in lesser mortals. I'd slowly built up a resistance.

"Sir?"

"Our retailers," a hand was swung out the window that overlooked the mall, a wave encompassing the rows of shops therein, "Are killing each other down there. And that," he raged, "Is bad for business! Dead people don't pay rent!" He threw the report at me. Papers blossomed into a cloud of eye-catching infographics. I scrambled to try to pick them all up while he continued. "Get down there and find out what's wrong and put an end to it!"

"Yes, Mr. Thompson," I said, alternately bowing, scrabbling at paper, and backing up through the door before he could throw another task onto me. Belatedly, I realized I hadn't asked for a budget, not, I hastily added to myself, like I would've been given one in the end. Maybe I could come up with some way where they would pay the costs themselves. Hmmm....that might work....

Welcome to...
Marketplace Mafia III

Mod:
Magua
Backup mod:
Vi
Reviewed by:
Vi

Funded

1. VoidedMafia
2. PeregrineV
3. Nero Cain
4. Seanald
5. pieguyn
(replaces guille2015)

6. Lost Butterfly
(a hydra of Faraday and Mina)

7. Garuda
(a hydra of Empire and Nachomamma8)

8. Pyrotechnics
(a hydra of Syryana and Tammy)

9. morph the cat
(a hydra of Cabd and fferyllt)

10. BBmolla
11. penguin_alien
(replaces Ghostly Penguin
(a hydra of Ghostlin and penguin_alien)
who replaced Banakai)

12. Harakiri
(a hydra of Natirasha and Sakura Hana)

13. uʍop ǝpısdn
(a hydra of N and Quilford)

14. zMuffinMan
15. Hermy
16. ProHawk
17. Lord Mhork
18. KingdomAces
(replaces Zdenek)

19. 1baldeagle1
20. DoctorPepper
21. Espeonage
(replaces JacobSavage who replaced Klick)

Spoiler: Alive (11)
3. Nero Cain
6. Lost Butterfly
(a hydra of Faraday and Mina)

7. Garuda
(a hydra of Empire and Nachomamma8)

10. BBmolla
11. penguin_alien
(replaces Ghostly Penguin
(a hydra of Ghostlin and penguin_alien)
who replaced Banakai)

12. Harakiri
(a hydra of Natirasha and Sakura Hana)

13. uʍop ǝpısdn
(a hydra of N and Quilford)

14. zMuffinMan
16. ProHawk
17. Lord Mhork
19. 1baldeagle1

Spoiler: Dead (10)
15. Hermy,
Entrepreneur
, was lynched Day 1
20. DoctorPepper,
Mafia (Left Hand) Member
, was lynched Day 2
8. Pyrotechnics
(a hydra of Syryana and Tammy)
Entrepreneur
, was killed Night 2
4. Seanald,
Entrepreneur
, was lynched Day 3
9. morph the cat
(a hydra of Cabd and fferyllt)
Entrepreneur
, was killed Night 3
18. KingdomAces
(replaces Zdenek)
Entrepreneur
, was lynched Day 4
2. PeregrineV,
Entrepreneur
, was killed Night 4
21. Espeonage
(replaces JacobSavage who replaced Klick)
Entrepreneur
, was lynched Day 5
5. pieguyn
(replaces guille2015)
Entrepreneur
, was killed Night 5
1. VoidedMafia,
Entrepreneur
, was lynched Day 6

Drafting Business Plans
(replacements)
a. Maemuki
b. Katsuki
c. MattP
d. Metal Sonic
Last edited by Magua on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:21 am, edited 33 times in total.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Magua »

I. Rules

- The Golden Rules
1. The site-wide rules apply. Read them, know them, love them, but do not break them.
2. Play to win.
3. I reserve the right to change the rules at any time for any reason. If I do this, the rule changes will be posted in thread.

- The Inviolable Rules
4. If you’re unsure if what you’re going to do will break a rule, ASK.
5. We're all here to have fun. Tempers may flare, but avoid personal attacks and keep it civil.
6. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread.
7. Do not quote or link private communications, including Role PMs, Quicktopics, etc. (Quoting is allowed wherever alignment is confirmed, such as scum or mason QTs.)
8. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or the like.
9. Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you rolled dice and acting on that is fine. Using dice tags is not.
10. Do not impersonate or pretend to be the moderator.
If I edit a post, my words will be in purple.
Do not use this color.
11. Do not talk about this game outside of this game thread until it is completed, unless I have specifically told you it is allowed.
12. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes making bets, promises of real life rewards, etc.
13. Do not pretend to break one of these rules. Pretending to break a rule will be treated the same as breaking the rule.
14. Breaking one of these rules may result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you may become a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose. Modkilling may or may not end the Day.

- The Activity Rules
15. Each player is expected to post at least once every 48 real life hours. If a player goes 48 real life hours without posting, they may be prodded. Prods will be publicly announced.
16. If a player does not respond to their prod within 24 real life hours, is prodded twice in the same Day, or three times in total within the game, they may be force-replaced.
17. If you will be V/LA, please alert me in the thread or via PM. I do not read the V/LA thread.
18. Each Day will have a deadline of fourteen real life days (168 hours).
In the event deadline is reached before a lynch has occurred, no lynch will occur.

19. Each Night will have a deadline of two real life days. If a player has a night action, but does not submit a choice before deadline, they will perform no action.
20. I may extend deadlines in the event replacements must be found, at my discretion. This will be announced.

- The Voting Rules
21. Votes must be bolded to count, and in the format of VOTE: Magua. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as the vote is bolded and it is obvious to me who is being voted for.
22. Unvoting is nice, but is not necessary.
23. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that player will be lynched and dead as of the next vote count. No further votes or unvotes will be counted.
If you are dead, that is it. Do not post. Not even a "Bah" post.

25. You may VOTE: No Lynch. It still requires a majority to end the Day before deadline.

II. Setup Rules and Information

1. This game is Night start. Night 0 will be slightly different from other Nights; advertising (see Section IV) will occur as part of confirmations. Once all confirmations are received, auctions will occur as normal (see Section III).
2. Entrepreneur Role PM: At least one player will have received this Role PM:
Spoiler: Entrepreneur Role PM
Hello, XXX!

You clawed your way into this marketplace, and you’ve made a success of yourself, creating your own niche and your own wealth. But in the recent days, your fellow entrepreneurs have been winding up dead -- it’s up to you to show that innovation trumps murder.

You are an
Entrepreneur

Nest Egg:
You start the game with $100.
Wage:
At the end of every Day, you will receive $50.
Efficiency Bonus:
At the end of every Day, you will receive $5 for every full 24 hours that remained until deadline (since deadline is 14 real life days, this bonus will be between $65 and $0).

Money:
Each Night, you may spend any or all of your money on the following activities:
  • Bid:
    Bid on abilities being auctioned off in the marketplace. Described in Section III.
  • Transfer:
    Choose another player. The following Night, that player will (anonymously) receive 80% (round down) of what you transferred.
  • Advertise:
    Influence what abilities will be auctioned off in the marketplace the following Night. Described in Section IV.
You win with the
Town
: You win when all the players alive have the Town win condition, and there is at least one player alive.

As a service to you, the valued player, I can set up a QT for your personal use instead of PMs. Let me know if you wish to take advantage of this offer.

The game thread is here. In order to confirm, please reply to this PM with any advertising you wish to do (if any). After everyone has replied, the game will proceed into Night 0.

3. Mafia Role PM: At least one player will have received an un-redacted version of this Role PM:
Spoiler: Mafia (Left Hand) Member Role PM
Hello, XXX!

The free market is fine, but it’s so...inefficient. A shame, really, but from that insight you quickly realized that with the help of a few others who shared your views that this is a turning point, a time of opportunity. Control of the marketplace can lead to all of your dreams coming true; given such a reward, it’s obvious that you’ll do anything to eliminate the competition -- permanently.

You are a
Mafia (Left Hand) Member
, along with your partners [REDACTED].

Nest Egg:
You start the game with [REDACTED].
Wage:
At the end of every Day, you will receive [REDACTED].
Efficiency Bonus:
You do not receive an efficiency bonus.
Mafia Bonus:
At the end of every Day, [REDACTED].

Insider Information:
You know that there is another Mafia team, and that you win with them. You do not possess a factional Night-kill; in order to kill, you must win the Night-kill auction.

Daytalk:
You may speak with your partners in the Quicktopic here at any time.

Insider Dealings:
Any money you spend bidding on auctions that are listed in red is [REDACTED]

Dirty Tricks ($$$):
You have a number of dirty tricks at your disposal. Each Night, each member of your team may perform one of these (if desired); however, each Dirty Trick may only be performed once per Night. The first Dirty Trick is free; each subsequent use [REDACTED]. Dirty Tricks are not treated as targeted abilities; they cannot be roleblocked, and will not appear on Tracker or Watcher reports.
  • Wire Fraud:
    Name two players, a transferer and a transferee. Any money that the transferer would transfer to the transferee during this Night [REDACTED].
  • Lockout:
    Name a target player and a current auction. Any bid made by the targeted player for that auction [REDACTED].
  • Countermeasures:
    Name a target player, a targeted ability name, and a target. If that player attempts to use that ability on that target during this same Night, [REDACTED].
Shell Game ($$$):
At any point during the Night, you may [REDACTED] to transfer some or all usages of one of your abilities amongst your team as desired. They may be used by the recipients that same Night.

Money:
Each Night, you may spend any or all of your money on the following activities:
  • Bid:
    Bid on abilities being auctioned off in the marketplace. Described in Section III.
  • Transfer:
    Choose another player. If that player is on your team, [REDACTED]. Otherwise, [REDACTED].
  • Advertise:
    Influence what abilities will be auctioned off in the marketplace the following Night. Described in Section IV.
Fakeclaim:
The Entrepreneur Role PM is posted in the thread. If you give me specific game mechanics, I will write the relevant PM for you incorporating those elements with proper flavor and styling. In addition upon request I will verify that your math for fake wages, auctions, transfers, etc complies with all publicly known rules.

You win with the
Mafia
: You win when all the players alive have the Mafia win condition, and there is at least one player alive.

As a service to you, the valued player, I can set up a QT for your personal use instead of PMs. Let me know if you wish to take advantage of this offer.

The game thread is here. In order to confirm, please reply to this PM with any advertising you wish to do (if any). After everyone has replied, the game will proceed into Night 0.

4. Money: Each player starts with a set amount of money (their Nest Egg). Additionally, at the end of every Day, each player will receive an amount of money as described in their Role PM.
Spoiler: Money Example
Magua is an Entrepreneur. His Nest Egg is $100. His Wage is $50, with an Efficiency Bonus of $5 per 24 hours remaining when the Day ended. If he spent no money Night 0, and Day 1 lasts...
  • 5 hours: Magua will receive $115 at the end of Day 1, and have $215 total.
  • 204 hours (8 days, 12 hours): Magua will receive $75 at the end of Day 1, and have $175 total.
  • 336 hours (14 days -- deadline): Magua will receive $50 at the end of Day 1, and have $150 total.

5. Limited Reveal: When a player dies, their role and alignment will be revealed, but whatever money and abilities they possessed when they died will not be.
6. Timing: When it comes to precise issues of timing, note these rules:
  1. The lynch occurs before "end of Day" effects. The lynchee is not considered alive for any such effects.
  2. At Night, all Personal abilities take effect before all Targeted abilities.
  3. At Night, the Night-kill comes *after* auctions are ended and all transfers are processed.
III. Auctions

1. Each Night, the marketplace will contain a number of auctions related to the number of players. One of these auctions will always be for
Night-kill x 1
, which is a one-shot Night-kill.
2. The abilities that appear each Night are determined by Advertising (see Section IV).
3. At the end of the Night, the winning bid for each ability is public; the highest bidder (and the winner) are anonymous.
4. Some auctions are listed in red -- the Mafia have an advantage in these auctions.
5. The rules for bidding are as so:
  1. A player may PM the mod the amount they wish to bid on an auction.
  2. All bids must be in whole dollars. No fractions or decimals. A player may not bid more money than they have.
  3. The winning bid for an auction functions like eBay -- it will be $1 more than the second highest bid. If there is a tie for highest bid, random.org will provide a tiebreaker.
  4. A player may voluntarily choose to pay a higher winning bid if they so desire.
  5. At the end of the Night, before kills resolve, the winning bidder receives any unused bid money back, and receives the ability in question. All other bidders receive 90% (round down) of their bid money back.
Spoiler: Bidding Example
  1. The ability
    Cop x 2
    is in the marketplace.
  2. Magua has $100. He sends a PM that includes "Bid: Cop x 2, $50". This costs Magua $50. He has $50 remaining.
  3. If the auction were to end with this being the only bid, Magua would win for $1. He would receive
    Cop x 2
    and $49 back (his $50 bid minus the $1 winning bid), ending up with $99.
  4. Faraday has $100. He sends a PM that includes "Bid: Cop x 2, $40." This costs Faraday $40. Faraday has $60 remaining.
  5. If the auction were to end with these being the only two bids, Magua would receive
    Cop x 2
    and $9 (his $50 bid minus the $41 winning bid), ending up with $59. Faraday would receive $36 back (90% of his $40 bid), thus having $96.

IV. Advertising

1. Advertising allows players to pay money to influence which abilities will be up for auction each Night.
Night-kill
cannot be advertised; it automatically appears for auction each Night.
3. All abilities are sorted into two lists -- "Not Yet Auctioned" and "Already Auctioned". All abilities start in "Not Yet Auctioned."
4. At the beginning of each Night, when determining which abilities to auction, abilities will be selected from the "Not Yet Auctioned" list in order of most money spent on advertising them. If necessary, random.org will be used as a tiebreaker. (For Night 0 only, advertising will occur during confirmations in order to determine which abilities are auctioned off during Night 0.)
5. Abilities selected for auction are moved to the "Already Auctioned" list, and their advertising amount is reset to $0. When the "Not Yet Auctioned" list becomes empty, all abilities on the "Already Auctioned" list are returned to the "Not Yet Auctioned" list.
6. It is allowed to advertise abilities already on the "Already Auctioned" list, but it will not have any effect until the "Not Yet Auctioned" list has been emptied.
7. At the end of every Night, the two abilities on the "Not Yet Auctioned" list with the least amount of advertising money will be removed from the game. If necessary, cumulative advertising will serve as a tiebreaker. If that is not sufficient, random.org will be used.
8. Some abilities have a counter-ability (
Ninja
counters both
Tracker
and
Watcher
). Money spent on advertising an ability is also applied to any counter-ability; in addition, a counter-ability is guaranteed to come up for auction at the same time, or earlier, as an ability it counters (it is not possible for
Tracker
to come up for auction before
Ninja
, though they may both come up for auction at the same time). Finally, counter-abilities will not be removed if abilities that they counter are still in the game.
Spoiler: Advertising Example
  1. It is N0. No one has spent any money advertising any ability.
  2. Magua sends a PMs that include "Advertise: Cop, $10." This costs him $10.
    Cop
    now has $10 of advertising; because
    Cop
    is countered by
    Investigation Immunity
    Investigation Immunity
    also has $10 of advertising. Both of these abilities are now more likely to come up in the next Night’s auction.
  3. Faraday sends a PM that includes "Advertise: Neighborizer, $20." This costs him $20.
    Neighborizer
    will now come up in auction before either
    Cop
    or
    Investigation Immunity
  4. Regfan sends in a PM that includes "Advertise: Investigation Immunity, $15". This costs him $15.
    Investigation Immunity
    will now come up for auction first ($25 total),
    Neighborizer
    second ($20 total),
    Cop
    third ($10 total).

V. Abilities

1. Abilities are the powers that can be won from the auctions in the marketplace.
2. All abilities have a limited number of uses (even abilities that are normally considered passive, such as
Investigation Immunity
, must be activated to gain their benefit). The number of uses remaining comes after the name. Eg,
Cop x 2
is a two-shot
Cop
; each use returns one investigation,
Night-kill x 1
is a one-shot
Night-kill
, and so on.
3. Abilities may only be activated once per phase (Day or Night), even if you have multiple uses of that ability. However, you may activate as many *different* abilities per phase as you desire.
4. Each ability is put into one of the following categories:
  • Day:
    This ability is activated during the Day. It cannot be roleblocked, and will not show up on
    Tracker
    and
    Watcher
    reports. Many Day abilities will trigger an in-thread announcement; if so, the activator of that ability is always anonymous.
  • Target:
    This ability is activated at Night, and targets a specific player. This ability can be roleblocked, and it will show up on
    Tracker
    and
    Watcher
    reports. Targeted abilities may not be used on yourself.
  • Personal:
    This ability is activated at Night, and does *not* target a player. It cannot be roleblocked, and will not show up on
    Tracker
    and
    Watcher
    reports.
5. Ability Glossary: This is a listing of all possible abilities that can appear in auction.
Spoiler: Ability Glossary
Abductor x 1 (Targeted):
Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated and any Targeted abilities used upon them, except for roleblocks, will be roleblocked. Personal abilities will continue to work. Abilities that were not activated are not affected. If the Targeted ability would return a result, it will instead return "Ability failed". This occurs after
Roleblocker
in the order resolution.
-
Abductor
is countered by
Hitman

Accountant x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player. You will learn how much money this player possessed at the end of this Night.

Auction Detective x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player and a specific auction from the current Night. You will learn whether or not that player won that auction.

Austerity Measures x 1 (Day):
The following Night, every living player (including yourself) loses $100 (to a minimum of $0), after wages and transfers have resolved. This will be announced in-thread

Bodyguard x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player. If, after all other abilities, they were to die this Night, they will live and you will die instead (this death cannot be protected or prevented). If multiple bodyguards targeted the same person, random.org will pick one to die.

Bulletproof x 2 (Personal):
You are protected from a single
Night-kill
targeting you this Night.
-
Bulletproof
is countered by
Hitman

Commuter x 1 (Personal):
All Targeted abilities that target you will be roleblocked. However, you may not activate any of your Targeted abilities. Personal abilities may be activated and will continue to work as normal. If a Targeted ability that would return a result is used on you, it will instead return "Ability failed".
-
Commuter
is countered by
Hitman

Cop x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player. You will receive back a report of "Mafia" or "Not Mafia".
-
Cop
is countered by
Investigation Immunity

Coroner x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player who has died. You will learn all of the abilities they had, and the amount of money they had, when they died.

Deadline x 1 (Day):
The deadline for the current Day will be set to 72 hours from the activation of this ability. Alternatively, activating
Deadline
can cancel an activation of
Wage Freeze
; if this occurs, the deadline is not changed.

Doctor x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player. That player will be protected against a single
Night-kill
that targets them this Night.
-
Doctor
is countered by
Hitman

Extra Vote x 1 (Personal):
The Day after you activate this ability, your vote is worth one more than normal, as long as there are more than ten players still alive. Vote counts will still display as normal.
- This ability will be automatically removed from the game when there are ten or fewer players left alive.

Federal Reserve Chairman x 1 (Day):
The following Night, after wages and transfers have resolved, every living player (including yourself) will gain $100. This will be announced in-thread.

Forensic Accountant x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player who has died. You will learn every auction that that player won, if any.

Gift Card x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player. The following Night, that player will gain $50 (this will appear to them identically as if it was transferred).

Governor x 1 (Day):
Choose another player. That player cannot be lynched for the remainder of this Day. This will be announced in-thread. This cannot be used after someone has already been lynched.

Gravedigger x 1 (Targeted):
Choose another player who has died. You will receive all of the abilities they had when they died. This activation and the dead player who was chosen will be announced in-thread, but not who activated it or what was received.

Hitman x 2 (Personal):
If you activate
Night-kill
in the same Night you activate
Hitman
Night-kill
will ignore one ability that would stop the kill from working (ie, ignore one roleblock or protection).
Bodyguard
will be ignored only if it is the only ability that would interfere with the kill.

Investigation Immunity x 4 (Personal):
You appear as "Not Mafia" on
Cop
reports, regardless of your actual alignment.

Love Potion x 1 (Targeted):
Choose another player, and a target (which may be you). The following Day, any votes made by that player for the specified target will show up as normal but will not actually count, as long as there are more than three players still alive.
- This ability will be automatically removed from the game when there are three or fewer players left alive.

Market Analyst x 3 (Personal):
You will be told how much money currently exists in the game as of the end of the Night, after all auctions have completed and actions have resolved. Any money being transferred will appear in the total in the amount that the target will receive, not the amount that the sender sent.

Medium x 3 (Targeted):
Choose another player. If that player dies during this Night or is lynched the following Day, a Ghost Quicktopic will be provided that either of you may talk in at any time until the end of the phase following their death, at which time it will be closed. The dead player will not be given the results of any of their abilities for the Night they died, and they will not be given access to the Dead Quicktopic until the Ghost Quicktopic has closed.

Messenger x 2 (Day):
Choose another player. You may give the mod a message of up to 500 characters that the mod will pass along (anonymously) to your target.

Neighborizer x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player. At the start of the next Day, a Neighbor Quicktopic will be provided that either of you may talk in at any time while alive. If you use this ability a subsequent time, you may choose to add the new player to an existing Neighbor Quicktopic (this will work even if you die that Night), or create a new, separate one.

Night-kill x 1 (Targeted):
Choose another player. That player will die. If you are a Mafia member, this will fail if you target another Mafia member unless you choose otherwise.

Ninja x 4 (Personal):
You may choose which of your visits (if any) will appear on
Tracker
and
Watcher
reports and which will not.

Roleblocker x 3 (Targeted):
Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated for that night, except for
Roleblocker
, will fail. Personal abilities will continue to work. Abilities that were not activated are not affected. If the Targeted ability would return a result, it will instead return "Ability failed".

Self-Watch x 1 (Targeted):
You may only target yourself with this ability. You will be informed which players (if any) visited you during the Night, but not the nature of each visit. A roleblocked ability activation is not considered a visit.

Tailor x 3 (Targeted):
Choose another player. Name an investigative ability and a result: if that ability is used on that player this Night, it will return your specified result instead of the real one -- the mod will perform all necessary formatting.

Tracker x 2 (Targeted):
Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night, but not the nature of each visit. A roleblocked ability activation is not considered a visit.
-
Tracker
is countered by
Ninja

Vote Freezer x 2 (Day):
Choose another player who is voting, but is not voting for No Lynch. Their vote is now frozen and cannot be changed for the rest of the Day. This will be announced in-thread.

Vote Nullifier x 1 (Targeted):
Choose another player. The following Day, that player’s vote will be worth one less (to a minimum of zero), as long as there are more than five players still alive. Vote counts will still display as normal.
- This ability will be automatically removed from the game when there are five or fewer players left alive.

Wage Freeze x 1 (Day):
Efficiency Bonuses for this Day will be calculated based on how much time was remaining when this ability was used, rather than when the Day actually ends. This will be announced in-thread.
-
Wage Freeze
is countered by
Deadline

Watcher x 1 (Targeted):
Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) visited that player during the Night, but not the nature of each visit. A roleblocked ability activation is not considered a visit.
-
Watcher
is countered by
Ninja
Last edited by Magua on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Magua »

I gathered representatives of all of the stores into the food court -- long acknowledged as neutral ground in the bitter mall turf wars.

I tried to summon up the CEO's royal bearing. It didn't really work so well. "Look, guys," I pleaded, "I understand business is business and all that, but Vi of Vi's Vicarious Village Vicars was found dead last night! Don't you think that's taking things perhaps a step too far?"

There was a general shaking of heads, understated mutterings, and "'ad it coming."

One of the store owners stood up, leveling a finger in my direction. "There's a group trying to take over the mall! They're the ones responsible! Take them down and we wouldn't be having any of these troubles!"

I held up both of my hands in a pleading gesture. "Look, y'know I've talked it over with the big boss, we can't be taking sides here..."

There was a general uproar: "Then stay out of it," "Don't complain about the bodies," "Let us do things our way!" and the like.

"Fine! Fine!" I tried to shout over the din. "We'll do it your way. Starting tomorrow..."

Confirmations

As part of confirmations, you have the choice to spend money to advertise abilities; the amount of money you have available is given in your Role PM. After everyone has confirmed, the abilities with the highest advertising amounts will be auctioned off during Night 0 (you will not receive any additional money for Night 0). For more details on advertising and auctions, consult the rules above, or PM me. You are, after all, the valued customer.

Abilities Not Yet Auctioned

Abductor x 1
Accountant x 2
Auction Detective x 2
Austerity Measures x 1
Bodyguard x 2
Bulletproof x 2
Commuter x 1
Cop x 2
Coroner x 2
Deadline x 1

Doctor x 2
Extra Vote x 1
Federal Reserve Chairman x 1
Forensic Accountant x 2
Gift Card x 2
Governor x 1
Gravedigger x 1
Hitman x 2

Investigation Immunity x 4

Love Potion x 1
Market Analyst x 3
Medium x 3
Messenger x 2
Neighborizer x 2
Ninja x 4

Roleblocker x 3

Self-Watch x 1
Tailor x 3

Tracker x 2
Vote Freezer x 2
Vote Nullifier x 1
Wage Freeze x 1
Watcher x 1
Abilities Already Auctioned

None yet
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:14 am

Post by Magua »

Confirmation deadline is 48 hours from the previous post. That means deadline is Thursday, October 10th at 3:41pm EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2013-10-10 14:41:00)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Magua »

After the meeting was concluded, everyone trundled off to sleep in their respective establishments. I wandered the avenues of the mall for awhile myself, enjoying the ritual walk, watching as, one by one, doors were locked and lights were turned off, before I eventually turned in myself, taking up my usual bedtime spot on one of the benches near the children's play area. Listening to the hum of the air conditioning, and the gentle swish of air currents, I eventually gave up worrying about what tomorrow would bring and instead drifted off to sleep.

It is now
Night 0

The deadline for Night 0 is Saturday, October 12th, at 4:00pm EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2013-10-12 15:00:00)

I will end Night early if I receive actions from everyone (even if that is "Do nothing").

As a reminder, this is the list of things you may do with your money:
  • Bid on any of the abilities under the heading "Current Auctions". Bidding is described in Section III.
  • Transfer money to another player, as described in your Role PM.
  • Advertise abilities to influence what will show up for auction Night 1. As a reminder, as per rule IV.7, at the end of this Night, two of the abilities in the "Not Yet Auctioned" column with the least amount spent on advertising will be removed from the game. Advertising is described in Section IV.
  • Anything else specified by your Role PM.

Current Auctions

Austerity Measures x 1
Cop x 2
Deadline x 1

Extra Vote x 1
Gravedigger x 1
Hitman x 2

Medium x 3
Neighborizer x 2
Night-kill x 1

Vote Freezer x 2

Abilities Not Yet Auctioned

Abductor x 1
Accountant x 2
Auction Detective x 2
Bodyguard x 2
Bulletproof x 2
Commuter x 1
Coroner x 2
Doctor x 2
Federal Reserve Chairman x 1
Forensic Accountant x 2
Gift Card x 2
Governor x 1
Love Potion x 1
Market Analyst x 3
Messenger x 2
Ninja x 4

Roleblocker x 3

Self-Watch x 1
Tailor x 3

Tracker x 2
Vote Nullifier x 1
Wage Freeze x 1
Watcher x 1
Abilities Already Auctioned

Austerity Measures x 1
Cop x 2
Deadline x 1

Extra Vote x 1
Gravedigger x 1
Hitman x 2

Medium x 3
Neighborizer x 2
Vote Freezer x 2
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by Magua »

DoctorPepper replaces YES YES YES effective immediately.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Magua »

Day 1 start will unfortunately be delayed a few hours (7:00-8:00pm EST). The deadline remains the same, however.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for shopping with MaguaCo!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by Magua »

I woke up, bleary-eyed, on the bench. There was a decided lack of screaming and shouting and alarms and the like going on, which was, to say the least, encouraging.

I tidied up the bench to make it presentable for the general public (that is, not the place where someone sleeps during the night), and then went to corral the store owners into the food court. To my surprise (and delight), there were no bloody pools in any of the stores -- just the owners, as hale and hearty as when they had gone to bed the night before.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

of course, by the time I had gathered everyone in the food courts, I had also found the receipt (unsigned, naturally) for a gun with one bullet in it. So maybe my optimism was premature. Only time would tell.

No one died during Night 0.

AuctionWinning Bid
Austerity Measures x 1$11
Cop x 2$101
Deadline x 1
$104
Extra Vote x 1$3
Gravedigger x 1$31
Hitman x 2
$16
$31
Medium x 3$3
Neighborizer x 2$100
Night-kill x 1
$103
Vote Freezer x 2$11

Event:
Gift Card x 2
and
Accountant x 2
have been removed from the game due to low advertising.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by Magua »

It is now
Day 1

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is Saturday, October 26th, at 9:30pm EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2013-10-26 20:30:00)

New deadline as of is Wednesday, October 16th at 11:30am EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2013-10-16 10:30:00)
Last edited by Magua on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by morph the cat »

So I had a really great awesome evil plan, and the mod ruined it. I wanted to draw scum and then nightkill nacho (or syr) and then use that dead neighborize thingie and make them relive xenologue. Instead I get to sit here watching as morph breaks the streak of fucking towns up.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

VOTE: garuda

Okay so scum definitely got cop, deadline and nightkill.

We lost the bid for neighborizer. I submit that whoever won it needs to claim it so that we can evaluate them. Also, I don't see neighborizer in the abilities not yet auctioned, so I *think* from what I've read it won't show up again, but if it does or can be advertised it's something that we shouldn't do.
A hydra of Syryana and Tammy!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by morph the cat »

hi guys!
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

I like you guys' old avatar better >_>
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Cabd »

Mod authorized egosearch post goes here!
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 12, Pyrotechnics wrote:I like you guys' old avatar better >_>
The search for the perfect avatar is in progress.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

VOTE: Pyrotechnics

Anyone with the following abilities should claim right away: Deadline, Hitman, Investigative Immune, Nightkill. I'd want Extra Vote and Vote Freezer to claim, too.

We got Investigation Immune! I can't believe it was so cheap. We even bid $80 on it to keep it out of scum's hands.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
uʍop ǝpısdn
uʍop ǝpısdn
Goon
uʍop ǝpısdn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by uʍop ǝpısdn »

VOTE: Garuda

We didn't win anything.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

How do you know that we lost cop/deadline/nightkill?

Also, time to wagon.

VOTE: garuda

P-Edit: I got Vote Freezer.
You can find my meta on my wiki.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Vote: 1baldeagle1
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

We only started with $100. All of those items went for over $100.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

In post 15, Lost Butterfly wrote:VOTE: Pyrotechnics

Anyone with the following abilities should claim right away: Deadline, Hitman, Investigative Immune, Nightkill. I'd want Extra Vote and Vote Freezer to claim, too.

We got Investigation Immune! I can't believe it was so cheap. We even bid $80 on it to keep it out of scum's hands.
*snerk*
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 19, Pyrotechnics wrote:We only started with $100. All of those items went for over $100.
Ah, scum gets more money? Lame.
Pyrotechnics
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Pyrotechnics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Pyrotechnics »

In post 21, 1baldeagle1 wrote:
In post 19, Pyrotechnics wrote:We only started with $100. All of those items went for over $100.
Last game scum could pool their money for bids, so yeah.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

In post 22, Pyrotechnics wrote:
In post 21, 1baldeagle1 wrote:
Last game scum could pool their money for bids, so yeah.
So basically, anyone else that did win something aren't scum?

Like Butterfly's post.
1baldeagle1
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
1baldeagle1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by 1baldeagle1 »

Hence is why we should claim.