Survivor: Bahamas (Game Over, Info Reveal)

xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:12 am

Post by xofelf »

EBWOP: Disney/animated characters for the jury too, not just the finalists.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:59 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

And discussion time has drawn to a close. Next, the finalists need to answer any remaining questions and post closing statements. Also I need one more Torchwalk.

This phase ends tomorrow at 6PM EST.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

Chesskid: Gaston, he thinks highly of himself but isn't completely aware of the situation.
Nyalite: Belle, she is misunderstood by her former colleagues, but falls in love with a new party that knows her for more than just her beauty
Xofelf: Elsa, from the outside, she looks poised, regal and reserved, but in reality, she lives in fear because of her massive strength.
Mykonian: Quasimodo, he's kind-hearted, not frightening, but innocently rebellious.
Xalxe: Ursula, he helps people out with they're in need, but for a price, and his ultimate motivation is for himself to be beautiful.
TBO: Claude Frollo, he isn't evil, but thinks he's doing the right thing by turning on others.
Nich: Flynn Rider, he incorrectly assumes everyone can be seduced by his charm.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

oh fuck no
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1078, chesskid3 wrote:
oh fuck no
There's no man in town as admired as you,
You're everyone's favourite guy.
Everyone's awed and inspired by you
And it's not very hard to see why.
No one's slick as Chesskid.
No one's quick as Chesskid.
No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Chesskid's.
For there's no man in town half as manly,
Perfect, a pure paragon.
You can ask any Tom, Dick or Stanley,
And they'll tell you who's tribe they prefer to be on.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by TS »

Got to love Beauty & the Beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2j6F8fZII
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1070, xofelf wrote:Why do you think you should win over the other finalists?
I held more responsibility for most of the moves in this game made by our alliance than either of the other two did. I overall did more to ensure that both I and the other finalists would get here. Both CC and Mist have admitted that they relied heavily on me throughout the game, while I feel that I carried them through it. In fact, (and I'm sorry if this sounds mean, but) I can't recall any situation where one of the others in my alliance did something to further our goals without me being at least equally as involved. The closest exception I can find is CC giving information about Taino, and even then, I was getting the same information from you. Other than that, these two relied very much on my planning and my tactics to get them through the game.
Why do you think the other finalists should win over you?
I don't think that.
Give me a gif that represents the other finalists play in your eyes, and then one that represents yours.
CC:

Mist:

Me:
What do you think an analogy of Pinocchios and Geppettos means? If you understand what it means, who was a Geppetto and who was a Pinocchio in this game?
Yeah probably what CC said. You and I were both Geppettos, Mist, chesskid, and Nich were Pinocchios. CC was kinda both - he was a Geppetto with me, but was ultimately a Pinocchio.
How much time have you put into this game? Do you think it was worth it?
Oh wow, I actually have no idea. A lot. :P If I had to guess... going for 200. Probably about ten full days of gameplay for this.
Compare your gameplay this game against your past games. What have you improved in this game? What has this game taught you that you need to improve on further?
It's hard for me to compare this to any anonymous game; they're just too different for me to compare their gameplay. Therefore, I'll compare this to my play in Mario Bros. Survivor. I think I was able to more accurately judge people's intentions in this game than in MBS. I set up plans that were more likely to work and had less consequences. I managed to not be too big of a threat until it was too late to stop me. In general, I kept myself safer while securing more votes by my side. I think I could improve in games like this by being less emotionally attached to the game. I'm always so engrossed in the games I play that, whenever any small thing goes wrong/sets me off, I can easily go into panic mode. This was evident during my breakdown while talking to you. I guess my way of improving would be taking the game LESS seriously.
Any players you talked with a lot this game that you hadn't in the past and are so very glad you did?
  • I got to actually talk to chesskid! I saw him around a lot before this, but never actually interacted with him. Now that we've talked some, I think he's a pretty cool guy and I'm glad I worked with him. :)
  • Nya <3 We barely talked until this game, and now we talk frequently. We hadn't had the best experiences in past games, so we kinda didn't feel like we'd get along (or at least, that's how I felt), but once I started talking to her a lot, I realized that she was awesome. We had a lot of fun talking about off-topic stuff before things got serious, and when they did, we worked fantastically together.
  • I'm glad I got to have some interesting conversations with myko too. We had talked some before, but not very much. During merge, we were strangely able to talk about how the game was going from a sort of spectator point of view. I had a fun figuring out what he was thinking during those conversations. By the way myko, I'd still like to talk about it post-game.
And finally a silly question(and by silly I mean the most important question in this list :P), pick a Disney/animated character you feel fits each player. Short explanation as to why. Extra points for hilarity and accuracy.
You know I'm incapable of doing this question properly due to lack of a childhood. T_T I may try it sometime later before my closing statement. Probably not.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Klick »

Hey guys, I was GOING to have my closing statement done tonight, but instead, I'm getting to go on a surprise night of double-time driving! Because I'm out having a blast and possibly getting myself killed, you'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for my closing statement.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Jal »

As a non-player, I'm very curious which Beauty and the Beast character CC sees himself as.

I remember writing a Gaston song for someone in a previous game, but I can't find it anywhere.
Last edited by Jal on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

I see myself as Lumiere, obviously!
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by kdowns »

Pssh
I am pretty sure you are supposed to give every player in the game a character.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Post by xofelf »

Eh, I decided on leniency there. But jury consensus says you're Beast :3
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:51 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 1086, xofelf wrote:Eh, I decided on leniency there. But jury consensus says you're Beast :3
Wait what...
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by Klick »

Before I get to my closing, I'd like to point out an issue I have with an answer I've seen.
In post 1058, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 1057, xofelf wrote:CC: Lovely CC, I'm so very glad you made it~ Not surprised since you've been so close with Klick all game, but still happy for you nonetheless. I know you were excessively social during this game, so I want to know in your conversations what info did you discover that Klick had to find out through you?
[...]
Thank you darling!
In the early game, I communicated with Mhork much more than Klick did, and Mhork's trust in me was the only thing keeping him from attempting to ally with you, and I tried to keep our close relationship hidden from Klick so that Klick would have more trust in myself, and so that he would think I was more dependent on him.
I found out through Mhork that he was much more insistent on getting Chesskid out than he let on, leading to our decision to vote Mhork out. Namely, without me, Klick wouldn't have realized how easily Mhork could stray away from us.
I also found out that Nya, TBO, and Nich were running Taino, and that Mist was trying to ally with myko. In addition, I told Klick how myko was attempting to vote on his own terms, apart from the majority, and that contributed to convincing Mist to cut ties with him.
[...]
While I see no problem with Point 1, I have issues with Points 2 and 3. I had already picked up on the fact that Mhork had something against chesskid and really wanted to vote him out. You may have had more information about it, but it was pretty obvious that he was not a chesskid fan. I don't believe that Point 2 really affected anything. Furthermore, as I explained earlier, I also received information from xof about the workings of Taino and had the capability to find this information myself. I also find it likely that myko told me exactly what he told CC here.

*ahem*

I believe I have made it clear that I have played the best game among the three finalists. What stands out from my gameplay compared to the other two finalists is that I took full control of the situation I was in. I was able to control my own destiny all game without being stopped or requiring someone else to make a move themselves. It's hard for any player to be able to say that come the end of their Survivor journey. I am the primary reason I got here, and I'm the primary reason the two beside me got here.

Let's take, for example, the first vote of the merge. Had I not done any planning and left things up to my alliance... we probably would have just voted out Xalxe. Then, chesskid and Mist would have left immediately after. This would have eventually led to a Final Four of me, CC, xof, and TBO, where it was evident that CC would be the one to go; xof had told me herself that CC was expendable to her, and when discussing things with CC, he hadn't been told the same about me. (Meanwhile, xof and TBO were clearly not letting go of each other.) While I would have been safe to the end by doing absolutely nothing come merge, both of my opponents wouldn't be here had I not decided to bring them with me.

I'm running out of time (I'm typing this at the last minute :P), but based on the above evidence and the events of this FTC, I don't think it's justifiable to vote for anyone but myself going into this vote. Thank you all for a wonderful game, and I can't wait until it's over. ;)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 1088, Klick wrote:I told Klick how myko was attempting to vote on his own terms, apart from the majority, and that contributed to convincing Mist to cut ties with him. [...]
took me a lot of time to figure out where this came from.

it wasn't my choice.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Okay then, that closes the 24 hours for that. If you didn't post a closing statement or all questions, your loss.

Voting time now. I need all votes within 24 hours. The thread is now locked.

The results will be posted Thursday night or so.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

And here we go. The first player to reach four votes will win Survivor: Bahamas. If this does not occur, a player with three votes will win. Here are the votes, good luck.

Spoiler:
Klick

Spoiler:
Klick

Spoiler:
Mist7676

Spoiler:
Klick

Spoiler:
The winner of Survivor: Bahamas is...

Klick! Congrats! (I don't know why I picked that song). Klick wins the $1,000,000
still fake
prize!

Spoiler:
3rd Place: CuddlyCaucasian
2nd Place: Mist7676
1st Place: Klick

Comments:

Yay it's over! Finally! Congrats to all three finalists, and the winner. I'll give it a day before revealing any more game spoilers.
Sorry about the general lack of challenge originality (RAF 2, I'm looking at you). A lot of these challenges came from my original draft for the Survivor game, but many changed over time. A lot of the suckier ones were my original ideas (you too, Hurt and Heal).
Also, many thanks to Snakes and MontyWhittaker (the original co-mod, he siteflaked however) for help in this game, and thanks to everyone who helped us along the way.
Game information will be revealed over the next few days, with the voting/challenge submissions spreadsheet coming one day and the QTs coming another.
I may post a survey within a few days, asking for some opinions on certain things regarding the game and MS Survivors in general. When done, I'd like the players to do it, as well as spectators or viewers.
Also: Survivor Review Committee was proposed by someone in a QT at some point. I agree with this idea, take a look in the QTs when they are posted.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Thread's unlocked. Discuss stuff.
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Nyalite »

Congrats Klick!

Thanks for all the fun everyone.
"He might fascinate you. I despise him with every fiber of my being."
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Congratulations!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yaaaay! Go Klick!

I posted that, but it was Klick's idea.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Congrats to Klick and the other finalists!

D3f, would you mind if I posted the Spectator QT now, or did you want to wait a bit?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Klick »

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 1096, DeasVail wrote:Congrats to Klick and the other finalists!

D3f, would you mind if I posted the Spectator QT now, or did you want to wait a bit?
Wait a day or so, I want to stagger the information release.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

... why? That makes no sense.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “Social Game Archive”