Open 536: Faith Plus One Game Over! Mafia Win!

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by XScorpion »

This game taught me that I have to learn to trust myself.
I was right about the 1-on 1-off jiffy thing but I let myself be swayed by others.
I also kept feeling like I should have pushed TSO on day 5 but I just sat there and waited for pecan to do something
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by shos »

Likewise. I went against my gut too much.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:29 am

Post by pirate mollie »

tso Image

jsyk, if I continuously put pressure on you in future games it will be because of this 1 cos I know how good you are
In post 3275, XScorpion wrote:This game taught me that I have to learn to trust myself.
I was right about the 1-on 1-off jiffy thing but I let myself be swayed by others.
I also kept feeling like I should have pushed TSO on day 5
but I just sat there and waited for pecan to do something
scorp thing this puzzled me beyond belief. I could not understand why you would put your trust in some1 who was clearly not invested in the game. could you mebbe explain your thought processes around that?
whew!
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 am

Post by XScorpion »

I felt like I was being manipulated into voting for shos (I was), so I trusted pecan to decide on a better lynch target. pecan insisted that he was having connectivity issues and would try to analyze the wagons offline.
I guess I should have caught the warning bells that
a) he didn't use any of the wagon analysis to accuse you
b) TSO and shos were happily voting you already

But regardless I don't think we were lynching scum day 5 (I had to pick between you and shos, and a shos lynch is still bad), and Guyett made sure we couldn't lynch scum day 6.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:47 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 3277, pirate mollie wrote:I could not understand why you would put your trust in some1 who was clearly not invested in the game.
Would you shut the fuck up.

I think it's been made pretty crystal clear by myself, and understood by others, that for a period of weeks I was having extreme difficulty accessing the site, which severely impacted my ability to read through games... Especially ones with 100+ pages of you yelling, acting hateful towards everyone and bringing a whole bunch of unnecessary hostility into a game.

Quite frankly it's about time you got over yourself. You're not a star player, you achieved nothing this game apart from an ISO full of enlarged and bolded font.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:57 am

Post by shos »

pecan, I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter the reason - the defacto thing that happened was that we all got increasingly mad at you. so at the time, this was the spirit to be taken into account.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:43 am

Post by T S O »

mollie <3
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:43 am

Post by T S O »

but my towngame is incredibly bad so don't blame me ;_;
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:46 am

Shos, it matters to me, since someone is continuing to take vitriolic snipes at me under false pretenses. My game history clearly shows that this is not habitual on my part.

In terms of how it affected the game, of course I'm sorry that I simply was unable to post for so many days running. I considered replacing out, which would've been a painful 100+ page read for someone else, I attempted to slowly whittle away at pdf saves of the game, I had no idea how long it would continue or that the problem would reoccur. However there was no where in my role that stated I had magical abilities to separate town from scum or veto votes on certain players. I was just another voice, and my absence should not have been met with an increasing expectation and reliance on me to come back and fix the game. I wasn't the only townie.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:05 am

Post by sthar8 »

Pecan, I don't think mollie intended that as an indictment of you. In fact, there are several examples ITT of people she was actually angry at.

If you're going to be mad at anyone, it should be me. Through no fault of your own, you fell behind. Then I spent the last two game days talking up the idea that any hope of a town win rested on your (absent) shoulders. It wasn't really reasonable to expect something magical out of you, but you did make a nice distraction and a source of hope for scorp. With all the hype even your best analysis would have fallen short, and we would have used that to discredit you. I'm sorry we frustrated you, but it was a deliberate choice on my part.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:16 am

Post by shos »

I understand you, but it is really not false pretenses. he is not asking scorp on how he feels now when he knows you had troubles with connecting; he asks what scorp FELT, as in, in the past, about it, when he was thinking wrong about you.

pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Nope, not angry at you sthar8, you took good opportunities at manipulation. That's gg well played to as scum.

Not really Shos. Mollie's #3198 is just a self-centered hateful persona on display. Since then it's just been about openly discussing what a flaky waste of space I was, irrespective of my connection issues. I'm certainly apologetic to Taylor, Xscorp and yourself for playing well as town and being let down by myself. I'm sorry to the rest of town for not being there. I'd certainly take any opportunity to play another game with any of you and prove that I can be an asset rather than a burden. However I don't extend a single shred of sympathy towards Mollie, she can go take a long walk and think about the way she speaks to people in games, not that I think that'll happen.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I have had games where I just couldn't get to it, whether it was access issues, time constraints, or just a general lack of motivation at facing 100+ pages to sift through. pecan, while it would have been nice to have you around more, I don't fault you in the least for what happened here. There are people I do blame. I am one of them. My reads were not great. I was distracted by some town players being unable or unwilling to work with me. Unfortunately, by the time I did start getting onto sthar8, I was killed. I never would have caught up to TSO though. There was too much noise from other people to zero in on him properly. For me anyway.
Art is cool.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by XScorpion »

To be fair, he didn't let you, or anyone, take time to think about him. He hammered N64 shortly after I posted:
In post 2691, XScorpion wrote:I also would like to hear who Taylor thinks is scum with N64, since I've had trouble reading N64 this game. Also wondering about town's thoughts on TSO (also hard for me to read); has anyone had a scum-vibe from TSO at all this game? I feel like the whole game has gone by with TSO pretty much not being in the spotlight at all.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:53 pm

It wouldn't have mattered. I was convinced N64 was scum and I would have done anything to push it through. Same as pasch. I was wrong.
Art is cool.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:29 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3279, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 3277, pirate mollie wrote:I could not understand why you would put your trust in some1 who was clearly not invested in the game.
Would you shut the fuck up.

I think it's been made pretty crystal clear by myself, and understood by others, that for a period of weeks I was having extreme difficulty accessing the site, which severely impacted my ability to read through games... Especially ones with 100+ pages of you yelling, acting hateful towards everyone and bringing a whole bunch of unnecessary hostility into a game.

Quite frankly it's about time you got over yourself. You're not a star player, you achieved nothing this game apart from an ISO full of enlarged and bolded font.
I think you are confused as to what the word "vitriol" actually means.

pretty sure I was neither hateful nor did I bring unnecessary hostility to the game but you know what is awsum is that you ignore the actual hate of others cos I pointed out how you completely let your team down.

like, what guyett did. did you think that was nice? do you know what is even more awsum than the nasty thing he pulled? he and etl used something from this game which hadn't even finished yet to leverage their play in another game in a very nasty way and I couldn't do anything about it! it is ongoing.

but I think that you should by all means continue to throw objectivity and fairness out the window cos you are butthurt

you were posting elsewhere on the site during your "connectivity" problems. and when you did post in this game it was clear that you simply did not care.

I never claimed I was a "star player" but I do know my strengths and weaknesses and can assess those in others.

anyways I think you should join the etl and guyett campaign and say that I blacklist every1 cos I never said that, I had actually not blacklisted any1 but don't let facts get in the way of the truth.
whew!
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 2668, pirate mollie wrote:
etl plz don't sign up or sub into any games that I am in. <---- dead serious about this. your town game sucks you are like mara #2 and you have a lot to learn before you get any better and I am sorry but I just don't have the patience for it.
In post 2860, pirate mollie wrote:
lets start here: if you see my name on a fucking sign-up list don't sign-up if you are not going to read my fucking posts.

Those two posts certainly read like a threat to blacklist ETL and myself.

FTR I did read your post and it hurt me. That is why I posted the douchey gif.
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:56 am

Post by T S O »

In post 3017, shos wrote:Also btw TSO is town via a superawesome thing I have :D

lol. just don't lynch TSO, kay? ever and stuff?
What superawesome thing?
In post 2931, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 2925, pieceofpecanpie wrote:I'm here, was V/LA over Christmas and NY, but I tried to read up and stay on top of things.

There's so much talk going on in this game I feel like it's exhausted reads. Perhaps some value in wagon analysis?
can you plz for the love of god just fucking do something. plz comment on the game cos while you are conftown you are not the
only
town and some of us (and I am still trying to work through who that is! <---- will you plz help with this process?) are trying to figure things out.

this is a reach out btw
This was a big reach-out, in fairness.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:32 am

It doesn't really matter, mollie. I like you a lot but you have been extremely mean, hurtful, and nasty lately. I saw your list of people you don't want to play with in another game and it was rather extensive, beyond just me and Guyett. (I have one person. One. On my list.) You blamed everyone here without taking any responsibility for what you contributed to the atmosphere in this game.

You
were
hostile.

You
were
hateful.

You
do
need a break if you are going to treat people this way.
Art is cool.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3291, Guyett wrote:
In post 2668, pirate mollie wrote:
etl plz don't sign up or sub into any games that I am in. <---- dead serious about this. your town game sucks you are like mara #2 and you have a lot to learn before you get any better and I am sorry but I just don't have the patience for it.
In post 2860, pirate mollie wrote:
lets start here: if you see my name on a fucking sign-up list don't sign-up if you are not going to read my fucking posts.

Those two posts certainly read like a threat to blacklist ETL and myself.

FTR I did read your post and it hurt me. That is why I posted the douchey gif.
nope, that is not what blacklisting is. blacklisting is when you post in the blacklist thread and thenkj tell all of your hydra partners that you will not play with them and any mod if they invite you and etc. etc. I have never blacklisted any1. it is a big toodoo and I think it should only be done in certain situations cos it puts a stain on that person's rep. <---- I tried explaining that to you but I am guessing you did not read it.

I
do
however notice players whom I have good chemistry with and those are players I tend to like to play with. when I have played a few games with some1 and I notice we are not meshing fuck yeah I ask them not to sign up for games that I am in cos it has the potential to wreck the game for other players. <---- this doesn't mean that I don't like the person or I think they are a bad person it is just we can't seem to gel. it is what it is but I don't like how it effects the game for others just cos I can't get along with some1.

you don't like me. I get that. you can in no way make it any more clearer. I srsly doubt what I said hurt you since I didn't say anything bad about you since at the time I didn't think ill of you at all, just frustrated at the situ in that I thought you were town and flat out stated you weren't going to read my posts. <----- do you see the negative impact that this has on others? if you are going to allow the fact that you don't like me impact your play then we really should not play together and this should be really obvious. how you feel about me should not ruin the game for other people.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:54 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3293, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:It doesn't really matter, mollie. I like you a lot but you have been extremely mean, hurtful, and nasty lately. I saw your list of people you don't want to play with in another game and it was rather extensive, beyond just me and Guyett. (I have one person. One. On my list.) You blamed everyone here without taking any responsibility for what you contributed to the atmosphere in this game.
link or stfu cos I am pretty sure I never srsly put 1 up I know I go around saying that I blacklist N but that is just to troll him, since he is sitting right next to me I am pretty sure he knows I am not srs even tho I say it in a srs way!
You
were
hostile.

You
were
hateful.

You
do
need a break if you are going to treat people this way.
you were and are all of these things too. own it.

I also have 4 hydra partners who refuse to play with you fyi. I always stuck up for you but after being on the receiving end of your venom fuck no I just want to stay the hell away from you cos you are pure poison. I mebbe blunt, direct and downright bitchy at times and when I am I own it. I was bitchy this game <---- I own that. when I get frustrated I get bitchy. but I have
NEVER
specifically gone out of my way to hurt some1 like you have I am not like that it is simply not who I am.

interesting fact, here at the reckoning iceyrent said that I was very different than how he thought I would be. he thought I would be an outright cunt. I told him after he interacted with me to go back and read my posts cos they will probably come across as very different than how they were originally interpreted cos that is often the case. I have never been 1 to sugarcoat things and if I think your play is bad I will say so. if I think some1 is being retarded I will point it out. reck and ut have both called me hopelessly terrible and retarded in games and I did not take it personally; for me it was a wake up call to step up my game.

anyways I learned some new things and that is always cool.
whew!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:59 am

In post 3295, pirate mollie wrote:you were and are all of these things too. own it.
I have and do.
I also have 4 hydra partners who refuse to play with you fyi.
You say you aren't hurtful, but this is hurtful. You are going out of your way to tell me that people don't like me. Instead of just making a vague statement about "4 hydra partners", why don't you tell them to say it to me personally.

I am taking a break from games. I have made an effort to tone down my rage. This game is a contributing factor in that decision.

Yet you continue to say hurtful things. That's not right.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:04 am

That was very hurtful mollie. Very. I want you to know that. What you said has made me extremely upset.
Art is cool.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 3294, pirate mollie wrote: you don't like me. I get that. you can in no way make it any more clearer. I srsly doubt what I said hurt you since I didn't say anything bad about you since at the time I didn't think ill of you at all, just frustrated at the situ in that I thought you were town and flat out stated you weren't going to read my posts. <----- do you see the negative impact that this has on others? if you are going to allow the fact that you don't like me impact your play then we really should not play together and this should be really obvious. how you feel about me should not ruin the game for other people.
On the contrary actually, I respect you quite highly and considered asking to hydra with you for a while. The problem was that I can't read you and couple that with the fact that I was in full tunnel mode being extremely confident in my reads and also that I was extremely apathetic towards this game meant that I had no interest really towards the end in changing reads. I got so absorbed with my fake hammer being right that I lost sight of other things. My self belief has taken a massive hammering here and it has been reflected in other games that recently finished.
I didn't like the attitude and shouting towards me if I'm being perfectly honest so I put a wall up and didn't really want to listen. TBF both of us are to blame here for this.

But don't you dare say I don't like you. There is only one person on this site that I do not like, that idiot is the only person that I have actually blacklisted and thankfully he is participating in a 3 month ban from games.. I respect you both as a person and a player but I feel you might need to take a step back for a short while.
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 3294, pirate mollie wrote:I srsly doubt what I said hurt you since I didn't say anything bad about you since at the time I didn't think ill of you at all
Believe me you did hurt me.
In post 3198, pirate mollie wrote: usually at this time scum hangs back cos they are so close to winning and they don't want to screw it up. that points to guyett and star. guyett never let me in ever and I reached out so many times. if he is town then I get the message loud and clear;
I am just not good enough for you. you shot me n1 in 1 game and refuse to interact with me in another and then lynch by poe when it isn't about poe it seems to be about who you think is valuable and i hear you that you think I am less than that of a player.
cos by poe I should be the most cleared player here. with my votes, my play and my associations. if you are scum okay well good job I guess. ironically it doesn't change the way I feel.
The bolded hurt a lot

Return to “Completed Open Games”