Micro 264: ETL's Resistance Mafia (GAME OVER)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Micro 264: ETL's Resistance Mafia (GAME OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:04 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Welcome to Micro 264: Resistance Mafia!

This game is currently in
END GAME.

Playerlist:

*denotes a prod
  1. Bert
    Mitillos

2. penguin_alien**
  3. sthar8**
  4. Guyett**
  5. mastin2**
  6. ArcAngel9*
  7. StrangerCoug
    Antihero**

8. RedCoyote**
  9. Deviant Serenity** (F-16_Fighting_Falcon/Yraelz)
Spoiler: Alive
penguin_alien,
Vanilla Resistance
, survives to end game!
Guyett,
Resistance Counter-spy
, survives to end game!
RedCoyote,
Vanilla Resistance
, survives to end game!

Spoiler: Dead
Bert,
Vanilla Resistance
, lynched D1.
Deviant Serenity,
Spy
, lynched D2.
ArcAngel9,
Vanilla Resistance
, lynched D3.
sthar8,
Vanilla Resistance
, lynched D4.
StrangerCoug,
sitting duck
Spy
, lynched D5.
mastin2,
Spy
, was lynched D6.

Rules

* Stolen from Equinox <3 (and bits/pieces from other awesome mods)*

All rules listed in the Boilerplate Mafiascum Game Rules page apply to this game except where contradicted in the additional rules below, in which case the following rules will take precedence:

Game-play:
  1. Blue
    is reserved for the moderator. All other formatting is fair game with the provision that you do not impersonate me.
  2. Flavor is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.
  3. Votes must be cast using this format:

Code: Select all

[b]Vote:ETL[/b]
    or by using the VOTE: tags, like this:

Code: Select all

[vote]ETL[/vote]
    If it looks like you're voting, it will be counted. You may UNVOTE: before changing your vote, but it is not necessary. If you wish to remove your vote entirely, you must UNVOTE: . You may also vote not to lynch anyone by voting for a No Lynch, like this VOTE: No Lynch or VOTE: NL.
  4. Lynches occur through simple majority (50% of living players + 1, rounded down). A No Lynch can be reached the same way. If no majority is reached at deadline, the Day will end without a lynch. Once majority is reached, no further votes or unvotes will count.
  5. All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to discuss in twilight phase until I post the death scene. Day ends when the moderator locks the thread.
  6. Dead players may make one "Bah!" post that does NOT contain any game information. If you think it might, leave it out. Things like, "Go town!" or "Bah!" are acceptable.
Player Conduct:
  • Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 48 hours to make a game-related post in the game thread before a replacement is sought. If the prod is not opened within 24 hours, I will seek a replacement sooner.
  • There is no third prod;
    players requiring a third prod will be replaced immediately.
  • Insults, personal attacks, obscene name calling, and general bad behavior will not be tolerated and will result in force-replacement. Don't tempt fate; just play nice.
  • Please don't ask me to replace you because you don't like someone. Take a moment to review the player list before the game begins and use your best judgment. I would prefer to replace players only when absolutely necessary to maintain the flow of the game.
Deadlines and Night Actions:
  • Days will have a deadline of two weeks, and Nights will last 48 hours. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances. Not being able to make up your mind is not an extreme circumstance. :]
  • If I do not receive your action by deadline, the action is forfeited. You may submit ahead of time. You can also make as many changes as necessary, and at deadline I will take the last action you submitted. Actions may be submitted via PM or bolded in a QuickTopic.
  • All actions will be processed according to Natural Action Resolution.
Miscellaneous:
  • I am human and fallible. If I've made a mistake, you can let me know by PM or a quick (bolded) post in-thread.
  • Please bold anything you wish me to see.
  • Any situation not covered above will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Special Game Mechanics

*Note: Where a discrepancy occurs between the above ruleset and any special mechanics below, the below will take precedence.

This is an Open setup, somewhat based on the Resistance card game. There are 3 voting phases that will help the resistance find and eliminate the spies - OR - allow the spies to fail enough missions to win.

Voting Phase 1:
  • Players must choose 4 people they believe would help a resistance mission succeed. To do so, simply use the VOTE: tags. Each player can have up to 4 votes active at a time. You may vote to send yourself on the team.
  • To unvote, use the UNVOTE: tags. During Phase 1, you MUST include the player's name to indicate which player you wish to unvote. You may also
    Unvote: All
    to remove all of your currently active votes.
  • Once a player has received the minimum number of votes required for that day, that player is "locked in" for the team. As soon as 4 people are locked in, the next phase begins. Once a player is locked in, they
    cannot
    be removed from the team. Locked in players are guaranteed to go on the mission.
  • When 4 - 7 players remain, instead of 4 people, only 3 will be sent on the mission. In the case of 3p LYLO, 2 will be sent.
  • The minimum number of votes to be sent on the mission will always be majority vote (as with lynches).
  • Once 4 players are locked in for the mission, this phase will end. Should the deadline hit without a complete team, the mission will automatically fail, and the game will progress directly to phase 3.
  • The deadline for this phase will be 1 week (7 days).
Voting Phase 2:
  • The thread is locked and the mission team is asked to each send the moderator a PM with a decision for the mission to either "Fail" or "Succeed".
  • Members of the resistance MUST vote for the mission to "Succeed", but spies may vote however they like.
  • A single vote for the mission to "Fail" will result in a failed mission.
  • This phase will last 48 hours.
Voting Phase 3:
  • The team returns and the result of the mission is revealed. Players must now decide who they wish to eliminate for the day (lynch). You may also choose to No Lynch.
  • Once a lynch, or no lynch, is achieved per the usual mechanics, the day will end. The next day begins right away with voting phase 1.
  • The deadline for this phase will be 1 week (7 days).
Night and other notes:
  • This game is nightless and the spies do not have the ability to make night kills. However, if the resistance gains 3 failed missions, the spies will win.
  • Once a third mission is failed, the game ends without a Phase 3.
*This is an experimental setup; consider yourselves my test subjects.
:twisted:

Spoiler: Questions/Answers
In post 14, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Once 4 people are locked in, the phase ends.

Edit: So, for instance, if you all agree on 4 people in the first hour, the phase ends. Phase 2 will last 48 hours, no matter what. Consider it "night phase", if you want. Phase 3 lasts until there is a majority vote for a lynch (or no lynch). So "Day 1" lasts at least 48 hours + however long it takes phases 1 and 3 to end. :]

Edit 2: Now I think I understand what you are asking. I added it to the Phase 1 notes. Once a player is locked in, they cannot be removed from the team. They are guaranteed to go on the mission.
In post 22, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 21, sthar8 wrote:
ETL: Will we find out how many Fail votes are committed to each mission?
You will learn whether the mission failed or succeeded. You also know that it only takes 1 vote for "Fail" to fail the entire mission. This is the only information you have. :cool:
In post 40, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 39, Mitillos wrote:@Mod: Can the counterspy and the spies use their investigation and roleblocks only if they are on the current mission, or on any phase 2?
Counter spy and spies may use their respective powers whether they are on the mission or not.

Spies have the 2-shot roleblock instead of a kill as their "factional" ability. They can only use it twice the whole game (not 6).
In post 58, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 54, Mitillos wrote:@Mod: Deviant Serenity voted for himself in post 37. Also, can we cast multiple votes for the same person? When a person is locked to go to the mission, do the votes on that person also become unalterable?
Ah, thanks, I'll fix that when I get home.

You cannot vote for the same person multiple times.

If you have a vote on someone who becomes locked in for the team, you will have one less vote. So, while you can vote/unvote as often as you please, you can only ever have 4 active votes, locked votes included.

Roles and Sample Role PMs,

5 Resistance members (Vanilla)
1 Resistance Counter-Spy

3 Spies

5 players will receive this role pm:

You are a member of the
Resistance (Vanilla).

Abilities:
You have the power of your voice and your vote. If you are chosen to go on the mission, you must vote for it to "Succeed".

Win Condition:
You win with the resistance if you find and eliminate all spies before failing 3 missions.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by replying to this PM with your role.

1 player will receive this role pm:

You are a
counter spy for the Resistance.

Abilities
: You have the power of your voice and your vote. If you are chosen to go on the mission, you must vote for it to "Succeed". Additionally, you may choose a member of the mission team to learn how they voted. Your choice must be submitted before Phase 2 ends. This ability is 2-shot.

Win condition
: You win with the resistance if you find and eliminate all spies before failing 3 missions.

3 players will receive this role pm:

You are a
Spy.
Your partners are X and Y.

Abilities
: You have TWO
factional
abilities. If selected to go on the mission, you may vote for it to either "Fail" or "Succeed". Additionally, you have a 2-shot roleblock ability. Your target must be submitted before Phase 2 ends.

You may also speak with your partners at any time in this QT.

Win condition
: You win when you make at least 3 missions fail, or you outnumber the resistance.

Last edited by EspeciallyTheLies on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 56 times in total.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:07 am

Role PMs going out now.
All role PMs are out. Hydra(s) have received a role PM to both the hydra account and main accounts. Please confirm in-thread. The game will start as soon as all have confirmed, or I get tired of waiting. :P

Also, hydra is still waiting on activation and I told them they could post from main accounts during confirmation. Do not give them shit. Once the game starts, however, feel free to point and laugh when they alt-slip. <3 :wink:

8/9 have confirmed.
Last edited by EspeciallyTheLies on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Art is cool.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Guyett »

/conform
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:15 am

Post by sthar8 »

/confirm Hi guys!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:18 am

LMAO I was wondering why everyone was confirming by PM and not in thread until I realized that's what all the PMs say :lol:

Let this be a lesson to you - don't mod while nursing a mean hangover!
Art is cool.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:27 am

Post by sthar8 »

An aside: I loooove The Resistance. Because of my job, I'm familiar with hundreds of board games and Resistance always makes my top 5 favorites. I've purchased two copies: one for the scouts and one for me. Last time we played board games, we expected to not have enough players so I left it at home. When three unexpected players showed up, I recreated all the game components from memory so we could play, rather than play one of the ~8 other games I'd brought.

The setup looks awesome, and if we don't break it somebody will have to run it again so Jingle can play.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:33 am

Hahaha I kind of hope you
do
break it! That way I can perfect it and run it again. ;)
Art is cool.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

strhar8, using context clues, I'm assuming you have some job with the Boy Scouts?

I love the twist this brings to Mafia. I feel like it's more balanced. I'm excited to play.

/confirming in thread too, just in case.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

VOTE: Guyett
VOTE: sthar8
VOTE: RedCoyote
VOTE: mastin2.

Us four. Let's go on the mission with us four, right here and right now, before the game has even begun. Whadda ya say? ;)
(/confirm.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by Guyett »

lol I don't think we can do that until enough have confirmed lol
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by Guyett »

lol I don't think we can do that until enough have confirmed lol
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Won't know 'til we try, though! :D
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:52 pm

:lol:
Art is cool.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by Guyett »

VOTE: Sthar8
VOTE: red
VOTE: mastin
VOTE: guyett

@Mod does D1 have to last a week or if people reach enough votes are they guaranteed to go on the mission?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Once 4 people are locked in, the phase ends.

Edit: So, for instance, if you all agree on 4 people in the first hour, the phase ends. Phase 2 will last 48 hours, no matter what. Consider it "night phase", if you want. Phase 3 lasts until there is a majority vote for a lynch (or no lynch). So "Day 1" lasts at least 48 hours + however long it takes phases 1 and 3 to end. :]

Edit 2: Now I think I understand what you are asking. I added it to the Phase 1 notes. Once a player is locked in, they cannot be removed from the team. They are guaranteed to go on the mission.
Art is cool.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Guyett »

ok so mastin your plan wont work, we need another confirmed person to help
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Mitillos »

/confirm again
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, I'm definitely down with going on the first mission.

I think I see your angle, mastin. Because we're the first four to post/confirm in thread?

I actually kind of like that idea. I'll wait until the game officially starts, but I am down with that.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 9, Guyett wrote:lol I don't think we can do that until enough have confirmed lol
The other three are fine by me, but Guyett's response is shaky. Trying to dodge the issue?

VOTE: mastin2
VOTE: penguin_alien
Deviant Serenity
Deviant Serenity
Townie
Deviant Serenity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Deviant Serenity »

/confirm
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 7, RedCoyote wrote:strhar8, using context clues, I'm assuming you have some job with the Boy Scouts?
Naw, I run a FLGS. Also, I'm an ASM in a troop.

VOTE: Guyett
VOTE: mastin2
In post 8, mastin2 wrote: Us four. Let's go on the mission with us four, right here and right now, before the game has even begun. Whadda ya say? ;)
(/confirm.)
LETS DO THIS
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by sthar8 »

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:34 pm

In post 21, sthar8 wrote:
You will learn whether the mission failed or succeeded. You also know that it only takes 1 vote for "Fail" to fail the entire mission. This is the only information you have. :cool:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Just waiting on 2 others, and I think they'll be around in the next 12 hours or so. Then we can start.
:]
Art is cool.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Antihero »

/confirm
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”