Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Aegor »

Sorry Fire team. I know my NK was unorthodox, but after my case on Rach did not really gain any steam, and after Bulba insisted he would be NKed, I decided to take a risk. I guess I miscalculated how much PV actually suspected Rach.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1525, Aegor wrote:Sorry Fire team. I know my NK was unorthodox, but after my case on Rach did not really gain any steam, and after Bulba insisted he would be NKed, I decided to take a risk. I guess I miscalculated how much PV actually suspected Rach.
I did much earlier in the game. And you yourself didn't exhibit scumminess. Rach just came across as town enough that I dropped my read and started re-reading all interactions from scratch.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Aegor »

If I am understanding you correct, then my original assessment was right. I discerned that swinging a lynch on Rach with you, she, and I in lylo would be difficult given NJAC's history, so I tried to take advantage of the WIFOm of Bulb surviving. Killing you would ahve made no sense because Bulb was not going to vote for Rach anyway and Rach rightly thought I was off.
M A S Q U E R A D E
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1527, Aegor wrote:If I am understanding you correct, then my original assessment was right. I discerned that swinging a lynch on Rach with you, she, and I in lylo would be difficult given NJAC's history, so I tried to take advantage of the WIFOm of Bulb surviving. Killing you would ahve made no sense because Bulb was not going to vote for Rach anyway and Rach rightly thought I was off.
It almost worked. :eek:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:24 am

Post by RachMarie »

YAY you all did it

Yeah I am lynch bait I need to hydra with someone and figure out how to work on that weakness because even when I am active I tend to be lynchbait bah.

I was really surprised to be the NK

Especially with Des and Max doing their dance to frame me a tad
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:26 am

Post by RachMarie »

I DID do a pretty good job of figuing out scum this game and I am glad I was right about Aegor even though I did go back n forth at times with PV as he did about me lol

Slaan it was a pleasure playing with you and at some point I hope you can learn to tell my town game
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:28 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 1528, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1527, Aegor wrote:If I am understanding you correct, then my original assessment was right. I discerned that swinging a lynch on Rach with you, she, and I in lylo would be difficult given NJAC's history, so I tried to take advantage of the WIFOm of Bulb surviving. Killing you would ahve made no sense because Bulb was not going to vote for Rach anyway and Rach rightly thought I was off.
I know. Bummer. It was a bit hard to influence the game when I replaced in so late...
M A S Q U E R A D E
ElectricSavages
ElectricSavages
Townie
ElectricSavages
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:49 am

Post by ElectricSavages »

NIGHT ACTIONS

NIGHT 1

Antihero kills OhGodMyLife
evilpacman18 kills Maxous
Toomai protects Garmr
T S O neighbourises Bulbazak

NIGHT 2

Desperado kills Yiley
aptil kills Matias
Toomai protects Bulbazak
Yiley investigates Slandaar (TOWN)
penguin_alien investiates evilpacman18 (ICE MAFIA)

NIGHT 3

NJAC kills mastin2
Garmr kills Bulbazak (BLOCKED)
Toomai protects Bulbazak

NIGHT 4

NJAC kills penguin_alien
Garmr kills penguin_alien
Toomai protects Slandaar

NIGHT 5

NJAC kills Toomai
Garmr shoots Slandaar
Toomai protects T S O

NIGHT 6

Aegor kills T S O
T S O neighbourises PeregrineV

NIGHT 7

Aegor kills RacheMarie

ROLE PMS

Spoiler: Fire Mafia Goon
Oh. My. God. Who let that guy be a moderator again? I mean, remember his last game? A total disaster. You tried to play conform theory, but it seems like he had everything set up to trick you. And he broke your winning streak. The freak.

So, you gathered some friends who agreed with you on this, and you planned to shoot the mod before his game could even start. Drastic measure, sure, but one that had to be taken. Because who could let that kind of an atrocious game happen? As for the message? You were always one for drama. Why else would you associate yourself with fire?

Welcome to
Who shot the Mod - Fire and Ice edition
you are a
Fire Mafia Goon
along with your partners Lawrencelot and Maxous who are both goons.

Abilities
  • Factional communication: You may talk with your partner here at anytime.
  • Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill. You may submit actions for each other.
Win condition
  • You win when both the opposing mafia faction and the town has been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Ice Mafia Goon
You were never meant to overhear your friends plotting a murder on another one of your friends. But you did. So you took it up on you to save him. You let two of your friends in on the secret, and together you planned to go to your friend's house, armed and ready, to scare the other guys away. Simple as that. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, everything. You had to sneak in, you missed the person who was shooting, and you accidentally hit your friend as well. Bummer. On top of that, you also didn't get a good look at the shooter. You did see the message they left, though. And just for fun, you decided to add another message. Let's confuse those cops. But, of course, that went wrong too, and now you are in this weird police investigation mafia game thing. Damn, that didn't go as planned. At all.

Welcome to
you are a
Ice Mafia Goon
along with your partners evilpacman18 and aptil who are both goons.

Abilities
  • Factional communication: You may talk with your partners here at anytime.
  • Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill. You may submit actions for each other.
Win condition
  • You win when both the opposing mafia faction and the town has been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Town Doctor
"Trust me, I'm a doctor." One of your favorite phrases. You like saying that a lot. And it's true, you are a doctor. And you should be trusted. Too bad you weren't in time at the scene to save your friend from getting killed by two bullets. However, that doesn't mean you can't save your other friends.

Because you have a gut feeling this will play out like a normal Mafia game, and more people will get killed. Every night, you are going to try and prevent that, simply by taking up the doctor role. Sure, it'll mean stalking around their house all night, and you can only visit one house each night, meaning you could be mistaken and someone else will be killed, but if you can save even one life, that would be worth it already. You think.

Welcome to
you are a
Town Doctor

Abilities
  • Each night phase, you may protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.
Win condition
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Spoiler: Town Nurse
You've always wanted to be a doctor. Saving people, curing things, that sort of business. It has always fascinated you and has always been a dream of yours. So, you're studying to be a doctor one day. However, you're just not there yet. You would be able to do basic stitches and some first aid, but you aren't completely sure of your own abilities yet.

In the evenings, you enjoy playing Mafia with your friends, if your studies don't overwhelm you with homework. And of course you would never kill someone. You're studying to help people, not to kill them. Who could even think you were behind all this? You, the innocent college student. No one, right?

Welcome to
you are a
Town Nurse

Abilities
  • If there is a Doctor in this game, when they die you will inherit their protection ability, you will be informed when this happens.
  • From then on each night phase, you may protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.
Win condition
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Spoiler: Town 1-shot Fire Cop
You don't trust this investigation. After all, last time, they didn't manage to get the culprits as well. Who is to say that it'll work this time? You do have a hunch of who could be behind it. After all, only they would write down a message like that about fire, wouldn't they? Even the writing matches their handwriting, you think.

No, you're almost sure. However, that message about playing with fire scares you. A lot. One night, though, you'll gather enough courage to get out and investigate. Who knows what you'll find? Maybe you can even solve the case and bring those meanies who shot your friend to justice. Or you burn your fingers on some red-hot evidence. That's a possibility too.

Welcome to
you are a
Town One Shot Fire Cop

Abilities
  • One Shot Investigate: During the night phase you may choose a player to investigate, you will be informed if they belong to the Fire Mafia or not, note that you may only use this ability once per game.
Win condition

Spoiler: Town 1 shot Ice Cop
You don't trust this investigation. After all, last time, they didn't manage to get the culprits as well. Who is to say that it'll work this time? You do have a hunch of who could be behind it. After all, only they would write down a message like that about ice, wouldn't they? Even the writing matches their handwriting, you think.

No, you're almost sure. However, that message about walking on thin ice scares you. A lot. After all, you have no idea how to ice skate. One night, though, you'll gather enough courage to get out and investigate. Who knows what you'll find? Maybe you can even solve the case and bring those meanies who shot your friend to justice.

Welcome to
you are a
Town One Shot Ice Cop

Abilities
  • One Shot Investigate: During the night phase you may choose a player to investigate, you will be informed if they belong to the Ice Mafia or not, note that you may only use this ability once per game.
Win condition

Spoiler: Town Neighbouriser
The thing you love most about playing Mafia is getting a chance to chat around with your friends. Catching scum? Eeehhh. You like Mafia because it's nice and social. Murders? Not social. Not social equals not good. Then again, this whole police deal is boring as well. They probably won't give you the chance to have a nice and relaxed conversation during the investigation.

But then it hit you. People trust you. If you can convince someone to trust you, they'll probably come and chat with you during the night. And during the day? Well, cell phones exist for a reason, don't they? Time to make this investigation deal a little more social. Just as you like it.

Welcome to
you are a
Town Neighbourizer

Abilities
  • Each night, you may create a neighbourhood with another player in the game. You will now have access to a quicktopic thread with this player for use at any time / or add them to and existing one. You may have more than one QT at any time.
Win condition

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
You had heard about it in the news, the previous murder of a mafia group mod. But not for one second you had thought about it happening to you. After all, no one you know would go around shooting someone else, wouldn't they? Where would they even get the gun from? How do you even fire a gun?
And what is the deal with those messages? Fire and Ice? What could they mean? You don't like fire, too hot for you. Nor do you like ice, too cold, hard and flavorless. You do like vanilla ice cream. Vanilla is good. Maybe you should stock up on that to eat away the tension this whole murder deal is giving you. Also, don't forget to go to that investigation deal tomorrow at the police station. Time to get some justice done.

Welcome to
you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities
  • Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Win condition

GENERAL THOUGHTS
  • Dead QT, all other QTs can be released by their participants.
  • First off I'd like to apologize for the occasional sloppy modding, in particular Zekroms lynch number and the odd weeks without a post from either Mod.
  • I'd also like to apologize to you for the lackluster flavor towards the end, it started out so well (Not that I can claim any responsibility for that, all of that was City). On that note I'd like to thank Toomai for consistently keeping to flavor in his Action PMs and if he's okay with it I'll post them in thread.
  • Finally, thanks to all the replacements for making this ame be able to run to completion.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:04 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1530, RachMarie wrote: Slaan it was a pleasure playing with you and at some point I hope you can learn to tell my town game
Always good playing with you and of course I hope so too but that point is probably still far in the future.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:45 am

Post by Toomai »

In post 1532, ElectricSavages wrote:
Yiley investigates Slandaar (TOWN)
This could have backfired badly if the apparent "aptil is not Fire" breadcrumb ever overpowered the "aptil is Ice" sentiment.
In post 1532, ElectricSavages wrote:
  • I'd also like to apologize to you for the lackluster flavor towards the end, it started out so well (Not that I can claim any responsibility for that, all of that was City). On that note I'd like to thank Toomai for consistently keeping to flavor in his Action PMs and if he's okay with it I'll post them in thread.
Sure.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:08 am

Post by NJAC »

GGWP everyone.

Thanks City and Jacob for Modding and the nice flavor.

I would have wanted to be more active, but RL can be hectic sometimes.

I'm ok with posting the QT too.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1532, ElectricSavages wrote:all other QTs can be released by their participants.
Neighborhood QT.

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/9L92fptna38h6
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Tierce »

This game went on for a while and this situation is old, but it merits being mentioned anyway:

As a moderator, offering a player a change in their win condition is not something you should do. The game rules are set from the start, the factions are set from the start, and everyone knows what they are getting into. No matter how much you sympathize with a player's situation, offering to let them have a draw in the middle of the game is something that should never be done.

This should not be conflated with a Happily Ever After situation; I am talking about JacobSavage/CityElectric concession/consideration of a draw that was offered to Garmr. Doing so is an example of poor moderation because it breaks a moderator's position of impartiality.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 1537, Tierce wrote:
This game went on for a while and this situation is old, but it merits being mentioned anyway:

As a moderator, offering a player a change in their win condition is not something you should do. The game rules are set from the start, the factions are set from the start, and everyone knows what they are getting into. No matter how much you sympathize with a player's situation, offering to let them have a draw in the middle of the game is something that should never be done.

This should not be conflated with a Happily Ever After situation; I am talking about JacobSavage/CityElectric concession/consideration of a draw that was offered to Garmr. Doing so is an example of poor moderation because it breaks a moderator's position of impartiality.
/signed- this is not one List Mod's position, but the position of the entire moderation team and the administration. A hallmark of our games is that they are unbiased toward any team.
Retired as of October 2014.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

To clarify, there was never at any point going to be a change in win conditions. Although I almost certainly went about it in the wrong way.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1531, Aegor wrote:
In post 1528, PeregrineV wrote:
I know. Bummer. It was a bit hard to influence the game when I replaced in so late...
Plus, we had a neighborhood we could talk in. A lot of the final day happened there.

And just for full disclosure: I was sheeping Mastin's read on NJAC after she died.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:48 am

Post by mastin2 »

For the record, I am going to be trying to write post-game notes for this game, but this one's not exactly my top priority atm to tackle.
In post 1540, Bulbazak wrote:I was sheeping Mastin's read on NJAC after she died.
This kinda surprises me to learn, and I have to ask if it was driven by you or TSO.

I mean, my reads this game were fairly decent overall, but weren't stellar; I also had you as scum and PV as scum at different points, if you recall. What made my NJAC read more accurate than my other reads? (Other than it being correct. :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1541, mastin2 wrote:For the record, I am going to be trying to write post-game notes for this game, but this one's not exactly my top priority atm to tackle.
In post 1540, Bulbazak wrote:I was sheeping Mastin's read on NJAC after she died.
This kinda surprises me to learn, and I have to ask if it was driven by you or TSO.

I mean, my reads this game were fairly decent overall, but weren't stellar; I also had you as scum and PV as scum at different points, if you recall. What made my NJAC read more accurate than my other reads? (Other than it being correct. :P)
I had previously had NJAC as a scumread, but moved him to town, mostly due to the way he was buddying me. After you were NK'd and flipped town, I reevaluated that read and considered I was probably blinded by him agreeing with me and that you were probably right.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Post by T S O »

It wasn't me, mastino.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Out of interest, what did people think of the set-up?

Was a little bit concerned when Maxous (I think?) guessed most of it D2 or something
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:57 am

Post by T S O »

I was a rubbish Neighbourizer but it's a kool role.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Tierce »

:shifty:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”